What is a good high paying job in australia aside from anything medical ?

what is a good high paying job in australia aside from anything medical ?

Other urls found in this thread:

baka.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/im-nervous-we-are-in-uncharted-territory-why-australia-needs-fewer-science-graduates-20160807-gqmy19.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

STEM brah

STEM works EVERYWHERE. There's no other future. Get with it.

Don't be a ponce, become a fucking chippie mate!

Mate, them fucking engineers don't know their arse from a MDF board, all these fucking namby pamby drawings and they don't even know how to fucking put it together.

>Or like, you know, pick a career that you can excel at because of your natural aptitudes

All jobs, full time at woolies nets like 55k/yr mate. I don't know if you have noticed, the housing market is lighting back up like theres a fire under its arse, go work temp for a real estate while they are busy, go to TAFE and study anything and start your own business. Find a mate who is successful, and make a business you can bridge with his.

OFC, you could labour 7 days 14 hours a week and be good at anything if you are motivated enough.
Hint: Tradies that run the show make plenty.
Age/Location?

23 in Victoria
what is STEM
Chippie?

New education term(my wife is a teacher, wouldn't have learned it otherwise).

Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.

And don't let someone tell you those are too hard. They are hard. You might want immediate satisfaction - won't happen. But anyone can do it. It's the future. Get with it.

A carpenter dude. Someone who works on the frames of houses.

I was just joshing anyway: What are you good at? There's hundreds of careers, but the only way you'll make "high paying" wages is if it's something that you're well suited to.

Some people who are really good with memory, and language should be lawyers. Some people who are really good with 3D spaces should do architecture or mechanical engineering. etc. etc.

Note: I'm not advising you to chose a job in what you LIKE, but rather what you're GOOD at.

>You might want immediate satisfaction - won't happen.
Evergreen advice.

Not sure how to take your post. "Common sense" doesn't equate to "evergreen" these days.

That's kind of my point, a lot of people are fickle on Veeky Forums and I think it's always, always worth reminding them that immediate satisfaction is rare.

...even if it should seem self evident.

>STEM
Plumbing, sparky, personal trainer,

I hear those guys who to traffic control for construction companies get a high rate for a short term course.

Do PTs really make a lot of money? I would have thought that business was over-saturated by now

Also, apparently Train Drivers make a lot of dosh too.
>It was suggested to me it's because they sign some kind of waiver incase they get PTSD if someone jumps in front of a train and they can't stop in time.

why has nobody suggest accounting or law?

oversupply of law graduates bro. Too many "I went to a sandstone university and as such am far too good for small regional firms where I can make good long term money or regional council positions where I can literally control a small fucking city."

The snobbery of big city law students is their undoing.

>tfw small regional uni and guaranteed WA council position.

Feels good to beat the cunts from high school who graduated and earn the same as an admin trainee at my work after being stuck up cunts with the "I'm going to MONASH" attitude.

Don't enter into Sciences and be wary of any of the TEM fields as well, there's an oversupply of graduates.

baka.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/im-nervous-we-are-in-uncharted-territory-why-australia-needs-fewer-science-graduates-20160807-gqmy19.html

If you want true prosperity, take up a trade (like plumbing, etc.) or focus on a economics/finance degree and try and get a job at a multinational/Big 4 banks.

I will probably go into finance, thankyou everyone who has posted today :)

>focus on a economics/finance degree and try and get a job at a multinational/Big 4 banks.
Okay I'm gonna ask for this on a silver platter, but whatever worth a try.

What careers and jobs can you actually get if you have a Economics degree? Finance, to me makes sense. But, like how many economists does a multinational need?
What does a economist do at a bank, like is all they do forecast macro trends? What kind of tools and metrics are they using? How important or how much influence do they have over strategy?
I dunno, I've just always seen it as a fluffy discipline, kind of like the humanities.

Think of Economics as an asset or tool you can use to further your position in a financial institution/bank.

1. What careers and jobs can you actually get if you have a Economics degree?

Economics degrees lead to banking/finance related careers, including banker, economist, financial planner, consultant, risk analysis, etc.

2. How many economists does a multinational need?

While it's obviously desirable to work for the multinationals/big 4, keep in mind that there are thousands of small/medium businesses who employ economics graduates. These can range from investment firms to construction firms that need people with financial knowledge to help them adjust/adapt to a changing world as well as give them foresight into how to earn more/be more efficient/etc.

3. What does a economist do at a bank, like is all they do forecast macro trends?

Most of my family working in finance aren't economists, but rather risk analysts or investment managers. However, I'd imagine that an economist in financial institutions would observe not just macro trends, but micro trends within industries as well as the financial positions of countries and other companies.

4. What kind of tools and metrics are they using?

I'd imagine that the company they work for has some sort of live bulletin/access to financial data that is not easily available to the public. In addition they'd work with census data, quarterly earnings report, etc.

5. How important or how much influence do they have over strategy?

That varies between organisations and between job titles.

I moved from economics to accounting under that belief and found work easy enough. 70k before 23 isn't too bad.

I wish I had your foresight. Turning 23 and realised I should have started in accounting not econ. Only two years and I'll be done

Finance/Accounting/Economics/Commerce combined with computer science

Medicine is a meme and a waste of time

There's no money in accounting. It's a blue collar finance job. They are called bean counters for a reason.

Accountants don't make money for a company, and that's why they make no money.

Thanks for the thoughtful answers user.

Gawd damn.
I was still slogging at Uni at that age, good job.

STEM shortage is bullshit, ask Veeky Forums.
You will only earn money if you shill out for a bullshit job that will never accomplish anything and will be replaced by cheaper labour or machines in 20 years (Computer Science and Engineering)

lol monash is scrub tier, unimelb law here

I work in real estate, big money to be had but it's slow burn. I'm in a regional city too so not as much money as what city counter parts get. Buying into an office is easy money.

Im a photographer, cleared 170k last year and 140k the year before, it requires no qualifications and I could train a monkey to do what I do in 30 mins.

Counselor, Teachers, Psychologist- are these good payed jobs?

Counselor is pretty poor on the list, you don't have many opportunities and it's not great.

Teacher is mid-tier, it depends on where you teach and how long you teach. In Victoria at least, you're looking at 40k+ (for 3 day week) with future salary increases and paid school holidays+sick leave, etc. Plus, if you end up working for a private school you can get even more (provided that you generally ascribe to their religious views)

Overall, if you want to have a family where you can spend time with your kids/playing sports with your friends/having a life, teaching is a decent place to get into, provided you get a job.

Psychologists have a lot of variation, you can end up with $200K+ or $30K depending on how well connected/good you are. I still wouldn't recommend it unless you love hearing about other's problems. Keep in mind there is a wide variation between different psychologists, some pay a lot more than others (like Clinical Psychologists)

What kind of photographer?
>Portrait? Medical? Architecture? Advertising... Food?
How much does your equipment cost?
Got a mid format? What about lights?

Where did you find your cashcow clients?

you gotta be in the top 10% of your graduating class to land a high paying job. + connections + luck + exceptional soft skills.

good answers

Fellow unimelb here, but seriously fuck the Melbourne Model just because (((Glynn Davis))) wants to screw an extra 25k out of every student.

Also fuck the SSAF.