youtube.com/watch?v=yXQ7A2f34Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=JwlZiArfnYg
youtube.com/watch?v=GI7AxSVeqPE
youtu.be/4jG5wWl--zw
youtube.com/watch?v=EDQ-0E1Tz9M
youtube.com/watch?v=vtzCqpq14p4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for honda is boring.

What all bikes has everyone here owned and currently own? Interested to see how many have followed the Veeky Forums memebikes as they change year to year.

Every bike an user doesn't like is a meme bike.

>therefore every bike is an meme bike

what property does a bike need to be classified as a meme bike?

You start and we'll rate your memes first.

Forza Ciclone 50cc Scooter 8,000km
Hyosung GV250 2010 20,000km
>I keep buying the wrong asians

DT 125RE
WR 125R
TT 600S

at least one of them is a meme

Only have had two since I started riding in 08.
>1997 Suzuki Bandit 600
>2011 Kawi Z1000

>hits the lid like a total badass infront of a chick
>still has to make sure he closed it

nice assburgers

How did you find your bike in Number 2?
Looking at trading up for one.

what?

KLR650. I dunno if it's a memebike I just got it because it's stout and good general-purpose machine. I go camping with it.

he is dropping all kinds of spaghetti in front of that qt clerk

no need to get mad, i do it all the time aswell kek

fucking assburger man

I was anxious and in a rush to get a bike after a guy couldnt meet in my timeframe the day I got my bike license. Looked in my town's newspaper - #2 was the only bike in my budget ($2000) so I went and bought it not really knowing much on bikes at the time. Ended up not being a terrible deal. Learned on it for a couple months, sold it for $2200. Just had done an oil change and gave new owner a new set of sprockets and a new chain i had bought but not installed.

>dat zx9
muh dik

why do you keep buying the same bikes over and over again

what do you mean?

cuz reasons

4 and 5 ,6 and 8 are the same bikes

I need to put back togheter my bike before africa twin guy arrives to take a pic with him.

Ass

is it fixed yet

just do it. not like that POS works most of the time anyway.

4 and 5 were different bikes. Both 08 zzr600s in the same color.

I sold the first one with the intention of buying an FZ6. Then the guy sold it the day before I was going to get it. I had sold mine for $4000 (bought for $3400). Then I saw #5 for sale with only 900 miles for $3600. Bought it for $3400 as well. I sold it for $5000 after putting 2000 miles on it.

#6 is an 07 zx6r I bought the day after for $5000 with only 1.1k miles. 2nd day I owned it a dude pulled out in front of me and wrecked me. Not much damage but insurance totaled it and gave me $7300 based off market value due to low miles.
#8 is an 07 ZX10r I got for $6000 with 1500 miles.

So all different bikes.

>and in this photo there's a honda next to a paperweight

No.
I'm waiting for the cost assessment, they should have given me it last week, but didn't get it. After calling them Thursday it turned out there were waiting from a damage expert from the insurance, which will never come as this isn't insured. Should know how much damage it actually has on Monday.

do you think the ZX6 is as much fun? I love the face, but I'd have to restrict it to 48hp anyways so there's no need for more cc

doesn't restricting it keeps the torque from the extra cc?

talking about the 07? i didnt own that long enough to know.

The zzr600 though (00-02 zx6r) I'd say was even more comfortable than the zx9r because of the smaller tank. Otherwise similar bikes for ergonomics. Comfortable riding position and still plenty of power and light enough to really toss around. I owe my zzr's with really giving me the best learning experiences getting into bikes.

eh I'm not sure what ya mean, I mean it's no need for the extra CCs weight since it can't make more power it would just be more heavy.

yeah I mean the 07
>00-02 zx6r
that's the one I want to get, yes m8
I just love that face.

yeah my two zzr 600's are just rebadged 00-02 zx6r's.

Fantastic bikes. The late 90's/early 2000's ninjas are some of my favorite bikes. Comfortable, good power, fairly simple/reliable. Then for some reason (many don't agree with me) I just love the styling. Especially the bug faces.

You won't be disappointed with a zx6r from that era.

I was thinking, does anybody know why people own Japanese cruiser type motorcycles? Who buys these things? What is the purpose of a cruiser? Why do they make them so heavy and slow and limited in capabilities? Of all categories of motorcycle, they seem to fulfill no role another style doesn't do better.

I kinda get a HD or Victory because M'urrica and no other style of motorcycle is produced in the USA for whatever reason, but why a Japanese cruiser?

afaik restricting usually limits the rpm and liter bikes have quite more torque down than 600, so even restricting it you'll benefit from the extra cc

Had a 2009 ex500 for two years and now I have a 2005 cbr600rr

This is my favorite bike. One shalt be needed in my life for it not to be forfeit.

fuck it's so lovely
you better get one now before they became too old and collectable

i sat on one at the shop a while ago, they're super fat. then i sat on a zx10r at the dealership and its almost as fat. wtf

Q T
T

thanks m8 now I just need a garage
and I have to tell my parents that I make no money but I just bought a second bike
>that I can't ride yet

most of the time here we have throttle stoppers so you can't give full throttle

if you were to restrict a 1000 to 48 hp based on RPM they would not make it to 5,000 RPM.

>Tt600s
This is why you dont preemptively give meme status to your dream bike before you buy it

I'm so glad I don't live in a shit country that makes me restrict my bike.

>I kinda get a HD or Victory because M'urrica and no other style of motorcycle is produced in the USA for whatever reason, but why a Japanese cruiser?

nah

Jap cruisers are usually cheaper and more reliable than their American counterparts.

Cruisers are mostly about image and the idea of cruising to your destination.

They don't need to be fast, they don't need to be light because it's counter-productive to the end goal.

There are more comfortable bikes, there are bikes that corner better, make more power and torque etc. than a cruiser, and that's fine.

Cruisers would be the floaty soft-sprung convertible with bench seats and classic styling of the motorcycle world.

what

youtube.com/watch?v=FUo25im0jv8

>instead of getting the fuck outta there, I'm gonna look at them and rev bomb then proceed to crash into the gutter.

He totally deserved that one. He had plenty of room

I am sure my SV650 is a "memebike" according to /dbt/ but they can suck my dick.

holy crap, it's like every reason I always give about why revbombing is the stupidest shit ever rolled into one video!

>and it's an MT

That is sooo good looking. The later models are pretty hard to find around here. But most of them are about 2k - 3k$.

youtube.com/watch?v=AbSf5IYUI7E

This is why bar end mirrors are the stupidest thing ever.

revbombing is a meme too, lose all control of the rear wheel for the duration

I own a Yamaha R1 and a Yamaha fzs 600

Unrestricted test tomorrow morning, and it's forecast for pouring rain. Fuck.

you dont' deserve an unrestricted licence if you can't ride in the rain

guess you're not getting any pictures then.

Nah i'm fine with riding in the rain it's just i'd prefer not too. Plus losing 70kg in a year i haven't bought any new wet weather gear.

good luck user

have more

That's alot of kgs. Nice job user

2005 ninja 250
2015 fz6r

>lose ability to throttle out of situation
>lose ability to quickly grab the front brake as your hand is now pointing skyward and away from the brake lever
>meaning can be confused, a horn's meaning is never confused
>takes longer to produce sound as opposed to the horn which is instantaneous.

also, nice.

>webm filmed in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vision

i wonder if he really needed an ambo, he fell at like 15 mph with full gear

my camera chose to record with a pripyat filter that day, I blame the lack of an ozone layer above ACT

owned
1976 yamaha xs 500
1983 honda ft 500

own
1975 suzuki ts 250
1978 honda xl 175
1978 yamaha dt 400
1984 honda vt 500
1991 harley softail

nah, that's just a feature of cheap chinese shit.

it's a session liao

ahaha what a puss

youtube.com/watch?v=h0oGcTxAEmI

Not only bikes.

youtube.com/watch?v=yXQ7A2f34Hk

I own a 2016 YZR-M1.

youtube.com/watch?v=JwlZiArfnYg
>traction control would have saved him

what did you think of bike 14

i have a 2000 r6

>2012
fucking retro

knee down on public road is retarded

checked

youtube.com/watch?v=GI7AxSVeqPE
>2012

XT600
ZX6E
NT650
FZ8

how do you corner going fast

>not being street rossi

safely

the road is not my personal race track

get out of here s.t.a.l.k.e.r

The knee wasn't his problem and I can guarantee that.

nah he throttled too much before leaning up

>more scenc
nahfam

> youtu.be/4jG5wWl--zw

Nice memebike.

youtube.com/watch?v=EDQ-0E1Tz9M

How puckered is this guys anus

It is gaping wide open because cruisercuck lel

derbi senda 50cc
WR125X
XT660R
XT660X
Triumph tiger explorer

Russian riders are worse than /dbt/

youtube.com/watch?v=vtzCqpq14p4

It is if you can't do it.

That's at the top of Mac pass right?
The camera makes it look weird.

Say you're about to crash into left-turning car. Besides braking, is there anything you could theoretically do to lessen then injuries you'd recieve? Would it make sense to stand up on the pegs before you impact, being thrown over the car be better than being thrown into it? Maybe peggs back against the pegs to scoot your ass under the rear wheel so you get thrown in a high arc?

Any other technique? I know people like to lock the brakes and low-side into cars but I dunno if that's a good idea either.

Been watching motorcycles crash on Youtube and wondering about the physics.

>XT660R
>XT660X
what the fuggg

wut, is that legal?

Well, he won the race because it was established MM essetially forced him off the track.

Yes, as he gained no position and he didn't do it on purpose.

do you guys watch moto gp online?
i used to watch it at my grandparents but they got a cat so i don't go there anymore and i don't have cable

xth for Husky is L I T E R A L L Y KTM