/4xg/ - Stellaris and 4X Games General

Teddy disapproves of your shit Edition (also known as pretty dead until civ 6 comes out edition)

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Recommended mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Old Thread

1st for your favorite prostitute empress

HAROLD
A
R
D
R
A
D
A

Why empirebuilding is so goddamn shit in Stellaris.

In Civ games I cream my pants in joy when I see huge built up empires, tons of buildings, trade networks, perfectly micromanaged and specialized making use of terrain and forming nice defensive positions with killing fields and fortresses.

In stellaris you cover a planet purely in labs/mines/power plants and kick it off to a sector. All the "development" you do is going through the planets and painstakingly give +1 levels to each building 4 times each. Same shit with sectors except you have to spend blue man mana AND waste time adding/removing them making them MORE tedious instead of simplifying things. Also, 90% of the unique buildings are totally worthless and you never build them.

Who in the bull-prepping, swedish fuck thought this was a good idea?

These are the mods I am playing with in my current game of civ 5:

>Enhanced User Interface
forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512263

>InfoAddict
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=79000477

>Unique Cultural Influence
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=330449372

>Unique Components Collection
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743202441

Any suggestions for my next game?

>Any suggestions for my next game?

Civ 4

In Stellaris, is there a way to remove the collectivist requirement for the Decadent trait?

You mean to avoid discontent slaves fucking your shit up?

You'll need either xenophobia or collectivist, don't really know any conventional way around that.

>playing historic Europe map as Rome on Marathon
>think I have 1500 turns
>turns out the scenario is just 500 turns
>lose to the Huns just because they have a ridiculous sized military that is netting them -100 gpt
>a war with Carthage gets cut short
This upsets the Roman.

Speaking of which, who is going to be the leader of Rome in Civ 6?

Trajan.

Playing xenophobe/collectivist or xenophile/materialist are really the only playable combinations right now since spiritualist got nerfed.

I really liked REXing with adaptive/spiritualist, just shitting out colonies but the RNG about colonization techs is just ass.

no, I mean to make an empire that is decadent but not collectivist period. As is the game won't let me save an empire that has the decadent trait if it doesn't have the collectivist ethos. It also won't allow a Decadent/Xenophobic emipre either.

Pretty much dead? I know what could liven things up around here!
All humans are the same species and there is no evidence to imply otherwise.

or we could just megre with /gsg/
:^)

I wish they took ethnic units past swordsmen/pikemen. it would have been cool as shit to see aztec versions of knights and infantry and tanks. even if its just normal versions with a tribal flair. I think it would have been cool. but I guess thats what mods are (hopefully) for, though I've barely seen any graphical mods for civ 5.

I remember playing a strategy game years and years ago where they had things like that; the aztecs had a jaguar tank or something if you got them to modern technology.

The only other detail I remember is that the tutorial level involved you playing as Boudiccia, with her as a tougher-than-average infantry unit. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I went to /gsg/ for a bit since the old Stellaris thread died and this one wasn't up yet. The shitposting started literally started in the first dozen posts.
I mean, not to say that /4xg/ is a bastion of thought-provoking discussion, but come on guys, tone it down a little.

Alternate-future units would be the sickest shit.

why is civilization the only 4x game with long lasting staying power?

every other game that tries either burns out super quickly or becomes a shitty hatetrain, what makes civ so addicting and long lasting?

Brand name.

brand recognition. easy as fuck to get into. lots of basic bitch history stuff for people to get immersed into. seeing a leader screen pop up and having a historic leader greet you is ages better than anything else other 4x games have given. turn based means that even the most casual fuck can enjoy playing without feeling constrained by time.

Because despite the memes it's still the best 4x game of its time, no matter which iteration you look at.

I mean, what exactly is the competition? The 2nd best game I can think of is EL, and that game simply didn't last because while factions were very unique from each other, each faction plays out exactly the same every game.

I know rise of nations had that with certain special units. and that was cool.

Yeah, that was it. Cheers, user.

Has anyone experimented with only allowing certain victory conditions int he game?

If you put domination victory on only, will the AI be far more aggressive?

no

Any mods that can make the AI more aggressive? I want a real bloodthirsty game.

May as well

What file do I edit in stellaris to prevent tech costs scale with the number of planets? Tried to play a large galaxy and its ridiculous, three dedicated science planets covered in level 4 labs, getting assists, running a 10% research government, having a research institute, being materialist and basic techs I skipped like army ones take 10 years

Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends