>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CyfkvDVaGos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just picked up my first bike yesterday; '83 Honda FT500 Ascot.
Needs a new CID module and some cosmetics, but overall i'm happy with it, only paid $350

>no edition edition

>and some cosmetics
A headlight is not a cosmetic

i couldnt be bothered

pls, gib heopl

Buy a Goldwing, put it in the passenger cup holder.

Bolt it on

have someone hold it for you

Went on the highway for the first time today.

Went better than expected. Slow as shit but was super smooth all things considered.

vid related: youtube.com/watch?v=CyfkvDVaGos

tfw no happy ninja

pls
>where are all the tourers when you need 'em
got no rack, pic related

so definitely recommended riding then?
ill just have to find a dealer that actually has one so i can try it out

Make a rack, get two smaller cases, bolt cases on rack

>so definitely recommended riding then?
A ride of what?
I am assuming you guys are discussing your mother/sister

jej, got no time
>ordered side cases
>seller tells me thy're out of stock Yesterday
>today is sunday
>i have to depart Tomorrow

Even empty, it's going to be sketchy as hell affixing it to that. Use some cheap shipping company or ask a friend with a car. Might I ask why you need to transport it on your bike?

>no 2wd moto

occy strap it to the passenger bar thingys

both
and post.

Definitely. I had high expectations when I test rode it and it exceeded even those. It's not just good, it's absurdly good. I'll learn to offorad it later this year but I did hit a humpback bridge too fast last month and it just perfectly hopped into the air and landed without any input on my part.

Put the most needed things in a backpack, forget the rest.

hey nuda-user give me you address and informe me on the /usa customs on importing your bike

>adds weight
>steals power
sounds like two things you don't want on a smoto

It had an ugly 80s rectangular one, along with some old man stuff; )uggage rack, back rest, etc, that I stripped off, i'm planning on putting on a round headlight and turn signals

>tfw no bike with KERS

Has anybody ridden the honda NM4? Looks comfy

Don't forget the roo bars and a tinted visor so you can watch out for drop bears without making eye contact.

It pretty much fills a spot between the big touring bike like the gs1200 and the smaller gs800,
it looks pretty nimble for its weight.

It's not as good as a 800 on "real" offroad traks because the front is heavier,
but since it has a 50/50 weight distribuiton it's a good compromise for everything else.

Also it looks like the sex.

I hope I'll be able to get a used one without abs, unlikely tough.

>>>/gtaV/
I sat on it
does that count?

>shipping company
lel no, going for a 2 hour ride
>friend
we're already sharing stuff
they carry the food and instruments, i do the "scout" to drive people to our location
got loads of cords, gonna make a ne and use those
got a backpack with books, a guitar and an amp
and a sleeping bag

I've sat on one at a bike show. It is and the adjustability seems like it would be good for long distances. There was a little too much flex for total security in the foot plates.

However, it's getting on for VFR money when you're getting what amounts to a riced NC750 so I'd personally go for the V4 master race.

>ALL THIS CHAIN
explain. i dont know fr fr

What boot brands are affordable and quality? I am looking for something to get thru msf with so nothing on revzilla looks wrothy.

mo8 he is going to need some roo loights on there too

electric motor
>recharges battery with a dynamo on the front wheel
>drives power to the rear

youll be waiting a while for that. the used market is going to be out of control too

good to know, just make sure you get some good tires on it before you try getting much into offroad, itll make your experience much much nicer.

front looks totally normalo hombre

it is a very messy job i agree.

deez nutz

It's an Italian bike, they worked very hard on the suspension and engine then realised it was time for a 7 hour lunch so threw some external chains on there for transmission and called it a weekend despite it being a Wednesday.

cant you see the drive shafts?

>just make sure you get some good tires on it before you try getting much into offroad
Will do. I'm going to start off with green laning and my friend has offered the use of his husky to practice on the properly challenging stuff.

just like it's got a worm gear on the forks
needless to say it's incredibly inefficient
and mostly a buzzword generator

kould not kelp from kekking

now i can i guess? looks like some steering damperat the front wheel, altough that makes no sense.

what if they put a chain here? 50/50 drive

your brain doesnt work very well does it?

Same reason you don't want to run the KERS generator on the rear wheel. Too much weight transfer just makes the wheel skip which fucks up balance and stability.

ask subaru

>Italian motorcycle engineers
>Making changes once the faring is on

It could spontaneously catch fire even with an empty tank and they wouldn't alter the design.

For MSF, buy gloves and boots from Walmart and return them after classes.

Take your time with your riding gear choices afterward. Try shit on in person.

Whoa, better slow it down. I think you almost hit the speed limit there, buddy.

cant' wheelie? kill it

What would a motorcycle produced by Ford be like?

4-5 wheels
6 mpg
valve check every 2k mi
shitty turn radius
ugly af

Are lexmotos okay or just completely shit?

better with a chevy motor

wait why would the pipe go around the header?

Because the brakes need to stop

you forgot the electrical problems and transmission failures that cause people to get into accidents

but they did

is that srsly a v8

yeah who needs a proper sized front brake on a bike as nimble as that

Decent brakes would probably snap the already over-stressed frame.

Sorry I didn't respond to this. A VFR is probably one of the hardest Hondas to work on. At least it's not the 1200, which has hidden clips to hold the faring in place meaning it takes about 90 minutes just to reach the engine.

why; am i laughlin so hard i feel embarassed

#first

>getting new ignition coil
>clean carbs
> service
>new tires
for the TT and then sell it for profit to my dad?

yes but ride it for like a year before you sell it

Ninja 500 gudbike?

Is true mileage unknown a big deal even if it's just a beginner bike? Odo says 14,5000mi and asking $1999 for a 2005.

why?

>mfw i dropped the bike like 4 times on my first motorbike lesson

Because I'll ride you for a year if you don't

>the new dropanon arrives

pls b ybr

There are definitely better bikes to start on, but the ninja 05 isn't bad. Carbs suck, 1999 is a meh price, I bought mine for 1400. Rode it for a year before I got my sv650 which is 110% better than my ninja was.

Would you buy a used shock ? (Hagon CB600F)

It came from a 30k miles bike but wasn't stock so could have half that miles. Could I find out when it was built and guess how many miles on it ?

Should I pay for a new one given it will add to the bike value ?

Lol just left the MSF. There are definitely cunts in there that passed and shouldn't have. Out of 22 or 21 points to fail 3 cunts got 19, 2 got 16, and I got the only 0. I have to say they teach good shit in there. I was surprised I learned things.

(You)

post stretched motorcycles

So I bought my first bike yesterday. Sadly, I didn't make it in time before the registry office closed so I don't have plates and I am work during the week...

Another week I am >no bike

*14,500mi

COULD IT BE DONE
IS IT FINISHED?

inb4 something else breaks

My bike is cosmetically a bit fucked, /dbt/. Part of the windscreen mount is bent and one of the rails on the tail is entirely broken off along with the other being scratched to shit. I contacted a few places around town to see if they could do anything about it since I can't bend the windscreen mount back. The body shop said to go to a motorcycle shop, but the only Yamaha one in town won't fucking respond to my calls or emails. Can I take it to a dealership that doesn't sell Yamahas to see if they can do anything about it? I would imagine not. I don't have time to ride 80 miles to the next Yamaha dealership when I work at my Uni on the weekends and at the hospital on weekdays. Are here any other options? Could I just ride it to this one that won't respond to me and go "Do this"? It's not even complicated work, I'm just not equipped to do it.

Is that a DIY phone case ?

>Americans

>Dr 650
>€2000
>1993
>kickstart

Whats the appeal of this bike ?

I want to live in my bike.

Just passed my MSP and got licensed.

Let's ride

A D V E N T U R E

clever

Looking for (you) also my first bike is it good?

Been dealing with insurance for a month now and haven't gotten to ride the whole time. Started feeling depressed. Should I see a therapist?

cheap, simple, torquey, reliable and reasonable suspension for shenanigans

Just go to the bike shop.

(You)

Keep badgering them. Every time they make a (usually bullshit) claim on what's left to be done, demand a timescale. If you've heard nothing once that time's elapse, call them again and keep calling them until shit gets done.

I assumed my insurance company (MCE) would just get shit done and get back to me but the fuckers were either deliberately stalling or breathtakingly incompetent at every stage and it took 8 months from the accident for the money to arrive in my account. Show them no mercy, they won't show you any.

Kickstart