[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

What's the difference between a street and speed triple?

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI
trash

Other urls found in this thread:

s358.photobucket.com/user/maprimm/media/2011-08-27_09-59-31_17.jpg.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gxpyFiDli9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Memes

>What's the difference between a street and speed triple?

it sounds like you know the answer

one has fairing and the other dont

anime

Here is the basic frame design I was thinking of. Kind of a tri-force looking thing going back into a swivel hitch.

Damn I was in Orlando last night at 2am, shit was crazy

So I bought this old ratty motorcycle. The left mirror was afixed to the bars with JB weld, I went to adjust it one time and it snapped off in my hand. I then later dropped the mirror on the road.

I ordered a new set of mirrors, they screw into bolt plates on the cheap plastic mounts for the headlight/turnsignal control and brake fluid mount.

Obviously the bolt plate on the left is fucked if the PO JB welded it. What's a better solution for mounting the replacement mirror to the bars?

>be american
>get shot

are you wanting to make a hitch for it or something?

What will motorcycles be like in 2025

Why didn't you power slide in then do a killer wheelie, putting the front tire on the shooters chest before mashing both brakes, slamming all of your bike and you into him onto the ground, then crushing his chest like some kind of action movie special effects stunt guy

is that it?

I'm trying to put a trailer hitch with saddle bags. I'm going to use 20mm ammo boxes for saddle bags, then I'm going to build a trailer and wire it and my bike for the lights. I'm looking for kind of a third worldly/ mad-max aesthetic.

electric

faster

IT surely could not be mounted both to the swingarm and rear fender.

I believe you could bolt the ammo cans to the stock luggage rack, then rig something that bolts to the axle nuts or to the swing arm for the trailer. Not sure one assembly could do both.

s358.photobucket.com/user/maprimm/media/2011-08-27_09-59-31_17.jpg.html

It'll be better for the riders because everyone will be in self-driving cuckmobiles.

Carbie,cables and chains like always only with LED lights and 12volt cigar lighter receptacles for MILLENNIAL TECHNO GADGETS.

It's not on the swing arm. It goes from the passenger pegs up to the grips/where the indicator is.

>Implying most modern bikes are not fuel injected
They will be entirely hydrolic, run on hydrogen or electricity, have gyroscopic stabilizers so no more high sides or lowsides, and the kick stands will be telescopic (press a button, it telescopes out, press it again and it retracts)

Eh, people buy motorcycles because they're simple. Electric I can see, electric vehicles are a thousand times simpler then anything that uses a box full of explosions to run.

Not sure where all these rare earth metals for all these batteries will come from in 10 years though. Already rare enough as it is without many EVs on the road.

/dbt/ what is a good tire that can replace my bald rear tire? I live in a place where we get a decent amount of rainfall a year.

Mine the moon !

banned because cars will be self-driving

>people actually believe this

Anyone run a Rekluse cluth on their bike?

DEAD THREAD

>not wanting to drive this fine piece of vehicle
what is wrong with you?

I had one on my chink pocketbike. It is literally for kids age 6-12

>my chink pocketbike
>it's for kids age 6-12

reported underage poster

this. it just isn't possible.

FZ10 confirmed for NA release with a $13k price tag

About 400 ccm difference iirc

Where did /dbt/ go today?

Pilot road 4

that is literally terrible looking.

I haven't left my house yet

back country roads and some innawoods

nobody gives a shit what you think queer

last day of my MSF course

nobody cares

LOL there's actually a grom there?
I see some TWs, GUs, nice bikes. There were rebels at mine, too. I rode an xt. Good times.

Is this the dakota county course?

Well I finally found the source of my clutch fluid leak. The slave cylinder had some places were it was worn out so it wasn't sealing. I'll have to buy a whole new unit for nearly $140

they had 3 groms, 2 TW200's and 1 suzuki dual sport I never checked the model on, the rest were all TU250's. The instructor said there were plans to change all the bikes over to groms. I wanted to try one, but figured it would be a better idea to learn on the heavier bike.

Yep, west parking lot out at DCTC

>tfw tail of the dragon in a week in a half

>cable clutch masterrace

How is it

Just road back from Road America, highway the whole way because I had to go to work.

I'd guess a DR200 for the yellow suzuki dual sport I see on the side. I can see why they want to change to groms, so light and easy to maneuver.
I guess that means places all over will start liquidating their low-cc dual sports in the near future haha.
Nice pic.

Goddamn, I wish I could have taken the MSF course on a grom. Sadly it was before it came out.

Bar end mirrors are easy

>west parking lot out at DCTC

I rode pass earlier, shoulda' stopped and check for any qts.

>How is it?

I didnt take the course at dctc, i took the one in the east metro over at century......7 years ago, but the course itself is easy.

I've got an 07 cbr600rr. Getting a K&N, bazzaz kit and tune, and an arrow full system. Is it worth going for titanium, or is stainless steel almost the same? If the titanium gets those coloured tinges like the blue, then I'd be all in.
Is the weight saving worth it?

lots of fun, I'm really happy I went there rather than buying a bike and having no guidance on practicing. I had never ridden a motorcycle before and had some really stupid ideas of what I wanted from a first bike. I know that I have a lot to learn and have an idea of the things I want to practice and how I can practice.

There were 3 women and all were fat and middle aged.

>There were 3 women and all were fat and middle aged.
Plus or minus a few that's always what it is at the MSFs when I roll by

what bike are you going to buy now that you have your endorsement?

rare earth metals aren't that rare. And as they're needed, they'll find them, including finding old mines that can be reopened for rare earth metals or new ones too. And there's always recycling.

should i always make sure that any bike i am looking for is water cooled?

Wanting to ride that and having all vehicles banned are two different things.

I like it. I love that edgy, angular design.
I rode around the local fields. Absolutely straight roads everywhere but I enjoyed it anyways because they were places I've never been to.

nothing wrong with air cooled bikes.

MSF and the local airport already have arrangements because they have a shipping container as permanent storage.

Depends. If you're going to be in a lot of stop and go/ under 30 mph get water cooled. If you'll mostly be on the freeway aircooled is fine.

After looking up exactly what goes into the test I'm a little nervous. I know I'll have 2 days of practice but they seem pretty easy to fail to me, although I'm completely inexperienced.

I'm taking mine next month, does anybody know what bikes Washington Motorcycle Safety Training uses? I know they do the riding portions in the Boeing parking lot, which seems pretty perfect.

I know they require gloves, boots, and a helmet for these, but would I look like an idiot if I showed up in a jacket and kevlar jeans too? I'm not sure what all I should go out and buy before the class. Would regular non-riding boots generally be alright?

I didn't practice at all and passed first try. Just keep your feet up and your fingers on the brakes. I saw someone go through at nearly idle speed, it's almost a joke.

Shit there were a bunch of barely running XT250, TW200, Honda Rebels, and an old Ninja 250 in my MSF course.
The shifter and rear brake pedals were bent inwards on the bike I got and none of them had brake lights and side mirrors.

I'm a bit torn. There is a naked SV650 on craigslist, and a GS500F at a local place. I really like the look of the SV but I've never thrown a leg over on one. I don't know how either feels to ride, but I've heard both recommended.

I'm not sure what they will have exactly at your local, but I'm sure they will be 250cc or less. The whole point of the course is to teach people who have never ever ridden the basic skills of riding and giving them a point to go on from. I bought a Viper Air jacket because it was going to be hot as balls. Other than that I had steel toe work boots, normal jeans and mechanix gloves. Street stuff is fine, most people have long sleeve t-shirts on.

Also I showed up in an armoured jacket and knee pads. They really don't care too much. Go full gear. Anything that Will make you more confident

Sup dbt, i just bought a 2nd set of wheels for my xr600. I also just bought some sweet avon tires for the street and wanted to gear the new set of wheels for sticktly street use. Stock gearing is 14-48, I'm thinking of doing 14-42 since the new tires are 120-80 instead of 110-100. Will I need to shorten my chain? Pic related

The instructors showed up to my session in ATGATT or at least with bits and pieces. Some of the students were already riders, and brought gear of their own. No one will fault you if you bring your own gear.

I went in with no knowledge and still passed.
All you need to wear is a long shirt, pair of jeans, and boots that cover the ankles.
The course was fun and easy as fuck.

are you fishing?

In the last thread someone said I couldn't pull a kayak with a klr650
Pic related
I'll have my trailer mounted a lot lower than thst though. I'd rather the trailer lift my rear tire up if I accelerate too hard than pull my front tire up and throw me into the trailer.

He's shooting

no im fishing with freedom

Why don't you own a dirt bike dbt?

Trust me when I say that you do not need to be worried about it. You should have seen my face when I saw some of the retards they passed. You will be completely fine. You need a long sleeve shirt, long pants, and shoes that cover your ankles so some high tops or boots. Don't wear anything crazy cause you're going to need to be comfortable. Also glasses or sunglasses are required too

So I bought an 08 Buell Blast for my first bike ever. Did I do O.K. Veeky Forums?

who said i didnt?
also that webm is so homoerotic it has to be australian

lol no

Elaborate peasant.

>first idiot to take the bait

>i bought a bike
got any proof

Fair enough. No pics though. I accept the trolling for that.

I suppose it's far better than nobike. you did okay. You should have got a GS500 though since it's objectively the best beginner bike

Pics w/ timestamp

what if i got a triumph bonnie as a first?

>No pics though
fix that

WR for best performance oriented dual sport.

I did do a good amount of research but there just were not any more powerful bikes I could afford in my area. Settled for this because it was my managers sons bike. I know poorfag defense but I got nothing else.

>it's objectively the best beginner bike
>he didn't start on a suzuki GSX1300R
didn't you learn anything at msf?

>suppose it's far better than nobike.
A bicycle with a weed whacked is better than nobike

Parts bin Harley garbage cobbled together purely to fill a hole Buell didn't even have or want.

They vibrate heaps, they're slow and the man himself hated them and refused to sell them after a while.

I really should shouldn't I.

> he sstated riding as a grown ass man
> on an old piece of shit 125 cc
Should just end your life desu

Dr-z for most versatile factory dualsport (unless a wr450 or crf450 build counts)

tru

its from crusty demons
youtube.com/watch?v=gxpyFiDli9w

but its not a WR, or a YZ

ehhh...
i would take my dr650 over a drz400 any day