Will car culture stay as calm and peaceful as it currently is?

Seeing what is happening to the IT and gaming field is kind of unsettling

It has already begun.

They just use those tho and don't try to look like they're wrenching on them or that they're better at wrenching than you are

Nobody is really rallying for diversity in car culture or motor sports or affirmative action in motorsports / a different women league despite all the women professional drivers in the history of motorsports are able to be counted on one hand

Here's the new NSX's designer with her creation, make of that what you will.

The car doesn't look to bad actually.

I wonder what a normal sedan designed by her would look like.

Maybe computer guys and gaming enthusiasts are easier targets / easier to fuck around with than car dudes.

I wouldn't consider stancefags to be a calm in the automotive enthusiast circle

Diversity and inclusion improves everything user. What are you, a biggot?

Car dudes don't fuck around.

Nu-male gamers will bend over for any girl though, hence why it's been happening to them.

Games and comics and IT stuff were all targeted only because they are nerd hobbies.
Hipsters and sjws pretend to like nerd stuff, but cars dont really fall under that category.
They associate motorsports with rednecks and thus we are safe.

Pretty much.

Post pics of your corolla.

Considering this kind of intrusion needs the possibility to give participation medals, stance culture could be a possible target. Only works in areas where an accurate and scientific measurement of a feat (i.e. track time around the burgerking) is not an obvious way to compare people and make them compete. SJWs never compare numbers, because on average they just want the prize without the effort.

I'm in school training for a degree in auto tech, and there are a lot of women going for the same degree. Granted, there are definitely more men than women, but the women who actually want to be in the field are really cool, hard working, and totally down to participate in the shittalking that goes on in the shop. There's a really awesome ex-soldier who rides a literbike and can wrench as good as any guy. It came up in a collective vocal shitposting session that she was gay too.

Someone who tries to go into that field with an agenda will just fail all their classes or get fired from their co-op very quickly.
It doesn't matter the color of your skin or who you like to fuck, just whether or not you like Snap-On or Matco.

I'd like it if I didn't know it was an NSX.

Because there's no female leagues in motorsport, they've always been shown to be the athletic shitters they really are on a level playing field.

>women acting like men, this is really cool!

One day you will grow up user.

Car culture is sadly a walking corpse. We're not long for this world with retards screaming for self-driving cars because "MUH SAFETY, MUH CHILLUNZ." We'll be fighting a losing battle to keep our hobby alive within the next 20 years, I promise.

I hope that I'm long dead before the nu-males and purple-haired SJWs succeed in banning human-driven gas cars from the roads.

>car culture
who cares

You will when they crush your car because it's "not safe and not environmentally-conscious."

things that make my blood boil, the posts.

western society has gotten way too fucking easy and stagnant

Hint: He doesn't own a car

they wont, though.
self driving cars won't even be around until 20 years from now and it will take another 20 or more to phase out regular cars and then another 5 or 10 to make it illegal. and even then there will be historic exceptions, just like here is now.

we don't live in a neo-gothic fascist dystopia from your animes.

How old are you?

>what is happening to the IT and gaming field
top kek

if you unironically believe this, kill yourself

The people spouting defeatist, dystopian bullshit are just as childish as those who don't think anything is wrong at all.

nothing is wrong. its a natural progression of technology.
no one is taking your guns or crushing your cars.
you can go drive a 1mpg jet car around a track 24/hr a day for all the government cares.

currently the majority of states dont even have emissions testing lol and cars that can go 200mph stock are being produced right now. you really think self-driving, alternative energy cars are going to be mandatory in less than 50 years let alone without any kind of historic exemption?

car "culture" is pretty stupid anyway. it seems to attract the dumbest fucks like squids, rednecks, and minorities that seem to do all they can to be obnoxious faggots in public view, no wonder it has such a bad reputation.

It's more like automotive design, manufacturing, and driving are hard and men are overwhelmingly good at it no matter how many aids and resources you hand out.

Also, if you're in automotive, you might actually make something useful instead of a shitty web page. Feminists, being the puppets for social discord they are, hate it when women do useful things, which is why they encourage them to write irrelevant fart apps instead of going for the usual "girly" careers in medicine and finance.

3 states in America not being car-cucked doesn't make up car culture, bro.

Other people have a more realistic and depressing point of view. We've seen the gradual crack down on fun, the increased surveillance, the increased consequences, fabrication of fantastical new laws, emission standards being raised to the point where fast, nippy cars and engines are forced behind 5 layers of economy specific modifications, choking the life out of the airflow, safety standards making cars into barges and windows into slits.
There is a 'happening' on the horizon of cars.

who the fuck cares about production cars.

>3 states in America not being car-cucked doesn't make up car culture, bro.
what does this even mean?

I'm sure that after turning down opportunities to ban every car that wasn't perfectly safe and limited to a certain speed, the US government will force us all to drive NSA approved google cars. We have the technology, and it's pretty cheap, but we're not using it.

What gives? You can go out and buy a car that doesn't meet any modern safety standards and nobody will give a fuck. You can tear out safety equipment, and even emissions equipment if you're lucky (car emission control is a bandaid so actual major sources don't have to do shit, so you SHOULD do this)

Motorbikes will be the first on the hit-list I reckon.
It's amazing that they are still allowed, a crash means death to the driver, a passenger, and a potential oncoming victim. It's also a legal means for people to cover their faces.
Frankly push bikes should be on the danger list too. Sharing the roads with self-driving cars will be 'dangerous'.

You forgot that the whole thing seems to be accelerating too. The changes just keep on happening faster and faster.

What I mean is: just because you live in a protected bubble of automotive happiness, it doesn't mean the rest of the world, or even the majority of your country is safe from the arbitrary phasing out of cars. You say 50 years minimum, I call bullshit. It takes 1 retarded politician to fuck everything up, and in the rest of the world outside of states that can literally fuse 2 different cars together and be road legal, it's going to happen much sooner once the technology is perfected. I give it 15 years before the super-cuck nations are done.

15 years.. for fully autonomous self driving cars? you're mad.
it will be 30 before they are commonplace. And driving will probably never be outlawed, at least not while we're alive.

Car culture is literally in decline, most millennials already are disinterested in driving and getting licenses, and self driving and ridesharing is just over the horizon dooming car ownership and enthusiasm

lol? theres more normies and wannabe takumis into cars now than there has ever been since the 70s.

obviously youre a clueless teenager or werent into cars 15 years ago, but it wasnt even close to as popular as it is now even during the height of fnf.

interest in motorcycles and cars is way way up.

In cuck places like France, Sweden and any number of other countries like them, with radical feminists at the reigns?
15-20 maximum

Have you been to a car meet lately? Ever notice the predominant age group are in their late 30s?

Stance faggots, BRZ tards and drifters don't count. Those people never become good drivers, nor do they contribute anything to the culture, they only consume.

My kid sister wants a powder blue VW beetle from the 2000's, in manual

Gen Y ain't a write off m8

You're a write on just about everything else then, sorry if that triggered you.

That aint Real is it?
I've stopped caring about sjws long ago, as long as they stay out of my lawn.

Stance doesn't need SJWs to push in, they welcome women with open arms because they're just as big of attention whores as her.

>generic angry slant eye lights
Well, I literally can't tell it apart from the shit men are designing now, so it isn't like she's more shit than the rest of the industry.

her ass is fucking goddess tier, she was on jay leno's garage with the nsx, perfect ass

>he said he can't start his bike is I was standing that close
It gets me every time.

We've reached that point where I just can't tell anymore.

Pretty easy to answer
>IT is full of roles that women can occupy without doing any of the stuff that men are better at
>If you ever look at IT 'diversity and women' jobs the women are always on stuff like 'Game Direction', 'Art', 'QA' or other low skill or feminine roles
>Gaming does not require much to get into, it requires a PC or a phone or something and you can tick boxes that will make you a 'gamer' in most surveys
>Console games are specifically low skill to appeal to mass market with aim assist and killstreak rewards, high latency, low ttk and easy to use guns to allow people with bad mechanics to have at least some fun
>Even with all that the best women are literally pub tier compared to the top men

but with motorsport
>Huge barriers for entry, massive cost [SJW's don't have the money], no one cares who you are really - just how well you do it
>A massive risk taking sport, which is very adverse to women and nu male types
>Requires a lot of manual know-how if you want to do it cheap, wrenching is hard and a no-bullshit environment. Most wrench stops will laugh you out of the building if you claim soggyknees or triggering.
>A complete meritocracy which is again adverse to SJW-ism

>write on
Now I'm triggered, shitlord
Never speak to me or my 2zz swapped spyder ever again

ok?

funny how the basement-dwelling losers of Veeky Forums think they are going to be the stalwart heroes of tradition and manliness...

in the aspect of motorsport and high performance driving? yes
in the aspect of hard parkers? it's already happening

No, it's sad that they are the only ones who even try.

Change is eternal. Only manchildren and Republicans think they can fight it.

I actually hope self driving cars come soon, considering how people are driving nowadays.
I often see a shitload of people driving while texting, even on highways. And it only gets worse with traffic, even in a country where most cars are manuals.
That stupid "entertain me all the time" mentality is what is fucking the whole thing up.
Honestly, I think the movie "I, Robot" nailed it.
>self driving cars
>actually driving your car is seen as dumb and reckless
>cars even go as far as having the front seats facing backwards
Seriously, this makes me feel sick, but it's the future.

Not only will cars soon be self driving, car ownership may be fased out too.
Just read about shit like "ride sharing" and even "car sharing"
People being OK about paying for something they don't own, only to use it from time to time, just because they can't leave those filled up shitholes, this sickens me.

>A massive risk taking sport, which is very adverse to women and nu male types
This. There are no do-overs in the field of driving really fast which is against the typical neo-liberal thesis that EVERYONE DESERVES UNLIMITED SECOND CHANCES EVEN IF THEY'RE BAD PEOPLE. Jamal can always reapply for benefits or housing as much as he wants and the Fed is trying to make it illegal to decline him based on his criminal record. Anyone can be shoehorned into videogames to meet that diversity quota and they get special treatment because muh minorities. Anyone can start a Kickstarter to make a game even if they've never actually learned any degree of code. It doesn't work like this in the world of cars though, you have to know what you're doing or you'll get a lot of people killed fast which keeps the entry level high and largely free of philistines.

Plus, women will literally scream if you go 35mph on a dirt road. They can't handle the hihg speed. With that said, one day gun enthusiasts and car enthusiasts will see themselves allied towards a similar cause, mark my words. They already are to a limited degree, they just don't realize it yet.

Does anyone have the brothers response where he talks about how she freaks the fuck out every so often when this shit recirculates and starts trying to harass her ex again? I think he commented on all the stupid shit she said and did after their dad died too.

WHAT

I need this

But have some justice boner as well

This is a good toast

I like to think as Veeky Forums and /k/ as good friends, we get the occasional /k/ommando popping over for some advice on a good utility truck, likewise I can see an Veeky Forumstist asking what a good gun to keep inn the glove compartment would be

I wish I would have saved it. I feel really sorry for the ex bf. Dudes just off doing his own thing and having to deal with her psycho breakdowns years later. His brother is the kind of brother that everyone should have.

They both sound like total bros, and I'm glad he had the nuts to walk away from his psycho fiancee.

It's the kind of mentality every guy with a quote unquote "controversial" hobby should have when getting involved with someone opposed to it. Reminds me of a post on /k/ where a guy said flat out to his anti-gun Aussie wife; "These guns are a permanent fixture in my life, and you will go before they do".

It's pretty nice when I can put my gf on one side of the car and I'll take the other and just yell out what to take off next or what to do next and she'll get it done but I do have to do the final tightening of the bolts

Just because she can handle herself doesn't mean she wants to be a dude or fuck girls

One day you'll grow up user and stop bending over for women

Lel, sure. As if the design wasn't revised repeatedly by men, finalized by men, approved by men.

That's retarded, no one is arguing the point that a woman can't be a fantastic mathematician, engineer or racing driver its just a matter of odds that progressives can't comprehend so they press their discriminatory 'equality' on the world and call it equity.

There's no doubt somewhere a 12 year old with the maths capabilities of a grad student, a 12 year old mature enough to vote or enter marriage but no one would say that as a result all 12 year olds should go to university of cast a vote.

Progressives want equality of outcomes, not equality of opportunity and they do that by rejecting or even worse preventing males from ever getting the opportunity to be offered the job and instead give it to the statistically worse 'underprivileged' group that gives them the best virtue signalling.

>meritocracy

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
feels good

I can see self-driving cars as a solution to the problem of most drivers being fuckwits, but that just avoids the problem instead of solving it.

Not to be a katana wielding edgelord, but I feel like if safety was weaker in cars, and a lot more people died, they actually might give a fuck about their driving safety habits.

Really this is mirrored in so many parts of our culture today, people are hiding and protecting themselves to counteract their shit lifestyle, behavior choices, etc.

>"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Making a nanny society only serves to dissolve personal responsibility for ones actions.

>feminists are entitled and bitter vapid bitches
Every time.

looks like one of them was really in love

/k/ is one of the most cucked hobbies outside of gaming

it's real sad

Good quote.

>Making a nanny society only serves to dissolve personal responsibility for ones actions.
That's exactly what governments want to happen. Dependency. Being depended upon is where the true power lies.

yes.

SJW's are welfare queens and cars are not a cheap hobby.

That and the majority of them are retarded faggots who move to inner-city neighborhoods and try to ride shitty fixed gear bikes in jorts. They make real easy targets for cultural enhancement in New Orleans.

muh grandfather clause

>Plus, women will literally scream if you go 35mph on a dirt road

Women will literally scream if you rev your car passed 2K too

I hate how /r9k/ spills over onto all the decent boards on Veeky Forums

Nailed it.

I've done 40 through mud past a truck towing a trailer, on a 12 foot wide road.
Also ended up drifting past a tractor coming the other way in a blind turn at 25.
I can see why...

Lol buddy Tesla's drive themselves right now, current year.

honestly, car culture is largely dictated by what safety and emissions standards the Govt imposes. its all about the regulations, although part of it is the engineers and beancounters too.

we have giant jellybean cars now because safety standards want lower center of gravity, sop cars all touch the ground- engine bays need to be a certain height to not slice someone in two like a 70's wedge, you need to have airbags everywhere so all the pillars are massive and windows smaller, etc etc.

its like the 5mph bumpers were.

if we keep having far left liberal leadership, (speaking strictly burgerland of course, Europe is probably too far cucked to be reversed, considering france is going to ban old cars now) then Car culture will be killed by force, in the name of "the children" and "safety".

/k/ here, we hate you morons.

nearly every time we ask you guys for good advice you give us weeb memes

no they dont.
self driving cars arent even legal in CA.

>/k/ here
Why do noguns always go to other boards and say this?

/k/ is terrible, fuck off hillbilly

y-you first.

>Got told he'd probably get the best results out of a Hilux for his stated needs
>Fuck off, Weebshits!

Yes they do. It's a fact. It doesn't matter that it's illegal in faggotland. They effectively navigate the road by themselves. There's a video of a woman sleeping while a Tesla drives her around.

I'm crying user holy shit, that got me

Real shit though, every board has their weeb population, some more than others, and they all meme, you really shouldn't expect any different from here

fucking jared the madman

>"These guns are a permanent fixture in my life, and you will go before they do".

Sauce?

you're gonna have to kludge through /k/ if you really want it

It might not be worth it anyway, dude just got her to see reason, even compared it to things that are legally ambiguous in aussland but people do anyway, like "riding bikes in the outback dunes" or something like that

The bureaucracy surrounding cars is insane. Why aren't there exceptions made in the law for design and performance? Motorcycles are legal, why can't i have popup headlights and wedge cars? CAFE restrictions make no sense, making manufacturers lean toward larger, less economical vehicles... Etc. etc. etc.

You gave us furries, yiff in Hell you heathen.

Difference is we like our furries.

You guys get all weird and awkward around them, your forum can't hang bruh.