Is this car still great when compared to modern cars, or is it just one big meme?

Is this car still great when compared to modern cars, or is it just one big meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1mm2_hG2zSc
youtube.com/watch?v=5FFrweWwoz8
instagram.com/zilla.r34/
youtube.com/watch?v=7gE--MoWYK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's relatively light, it's got a very robust drivetrain and a generously equipped, detuned engine.

There's very, very little that can compete with a modified gt-r on the street. Some cars are easier to make more power but they cant put it down as well as the skyline.

>this site is for 18+ only

youtube.com/watch?v=1mm2_hG2zSc
PFFFFFFFFFTT

Floppy unreliable shitbox

It's almost 30 year old m8. Imagine a champion boxer 30 years past his prime. It was great in it's day though.

>posts a video making the r32 gt-r look amazing

You're doing it wrong user.

Well it can get around the nurburgring in wet conditions, the c7 corvette can't
There's your answer

GT-R's aren't American.

It's pretty good

>There's very, very little that can compete with a modified gt-r on the street.
lol

What kind of modern can beat an average R32?

A Golf R?
Focus RS?

Mustang GT?

For the money a tune R32 should be tough to beat.

>For the money a tune
There's the problem.

R32-34 prices are skyrocketing because of the USA

For the money you can go out and buy a great number of much newer cars that will stomp the R chassis' heads in.

assmad holden fangirl detected

>For the money you can go out and buy a great number of much newer cars that will stomp the R chassis' heads in.

Examples?

>American boogeyman
R33-34 prices are on the rise because of Canadians, you stupid twat, Americans can only get R32s

At what newer car can beat an r33 gtr for 15k?

Canada may have caused the 34 for now but 33s are already going up in Japan.

greatest car ever

And they've been slowly appreciating for years before that
Like almost every other jap sports car they've hit a bottom and are beginning to rise again
Evos, imprezas, rx7s, supras, etc

>slowly
I'm seeing Americans buying early 33s right now for the same money legal 32s are selling for, so they're only going to get higher.

Americans are buying a car they can't get even get? I doubt it

I'm here in Japan and seeing 33 GTRs pop up on base, because new guys who are staying for 3-4 years are buying them now for when they leave.

>buying the ugly duckling GT-R

32 or 34 are the only valid choices when will americans learn?

33 kicks the shit out if the r32 and costs less
It's the best gtr

Half of them are literally "omg gtr" idiots and half of them buy them to make a profit on selling it. None of them even drive them outside of base. We post meets/drives all the time and it's always the same 4-5 of us.

Mustang GT 5.0

Used 04-07 WRX STi/Evo 8

E46 M3

It's cheap because it's the least desirable gt-r. It doesn't have as much motorsport pedigree as the 32 and the good looks or performance of the 34.

Which are shit excuses because it performs better than the 32, and looks are completely subjective, take for instance I think they all look good but I take a particular liking to the 33s, and technically you can bring 33s to the states, but they have to have some proprietary shit done to them by an outfit in Baltimore to make them road legal, it's the one good thing that came from the Motorex fiasco

>it performs better than the 32,

Being marginally faster stock is pretty irrelevant to anyone familiar with the 32's exploits on the circuit.

The 33 is what you get when you're not manly enough for a 32 and you can't afford a 34.

>a = a
>a =/= a when I dont like it

I never said the 32 was bad, all I said was it was my subjective opinion that the 33 was my favorite, why u so mad doe?

>arguing over cars literally no one here will ever own
kek

Only 50% of Veeky Forums posters are american. The rest of us have been getting gt-rs for decades. Teenagers in australia and new zealand get them as first cars so stay jelly burger.

>>Teenagers in australia and new zealand get them as first cars so stay jelly burger.
P plates

It's a meme machine, user.

What about them? P platers can drive whatever they want in most states.

So post your gt-r.

Ayy lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=5FFrweWwoz8

>rb20det is p plate legal

It's over 20 seconds faster at the ring

Depends on what you define as "great".

Is it faster around a racetrack compared to it's modern contemporaries? No.

Is it easier to work on, more soulful, and more engaging to drive? Yes.

>a stock r33 vspec once ran 20 seconds faster than a stock r32 on the ring.

Bench racing at it's most irrelevant. You can literally get 50 more hp from an r32 gt-r in 5 minutes using no tools.

You might be retarded. The R33 is very much superior in ways the R32 can't compete. The HICAS on the R32 is slow due to hydraulics. The R32 also has significantly more weight in the front and the stock aerodynamics cause noticeable front lift at speed so the car understeers significantly in high speed corners.

The R33 has a stiffer chassis, better aerodynamics, better weight distribution, improved AWD, and improved HICAS. The R34 is barely an improvement over the R33 mechanically, other a few key chassis reinforcements, shortened wheelbase, a new gearbox, and new diffuser not much is different in the R34.

In new zealand we dont have p plates you can have a 1000hp car when your 16and drive it legaly hell you can have a v12 twin turbo, thers no power or drivetrain restrictions for us, doesnt matter if were on our learners, restricted, or full

Get mad Victorian, how does it feel living in the police state of a police state country?

confirmed. new zealand is best zealand

It's shit. It's super heavy, it understeers like a god, it's about as big as your moms ass and it will be destroyed on the too-gay by a stock Miata. Sure, the engine can deal with a lot of power, but power isn't everything. Would rather go for a S2K because it's a true sports car.

If you like jdm, check out my instagram :)
instagram.com/zilla.r34/

>zilla
>clickbait name
>shitty r34 GT-T and Miata
Cancer at it's finest

>le "everything I don't understand is a meme" meme
youtube.com/watch?v=7gE--MoWYK4