Who here is apart of the greatest Aftermarket parts dealer in the NATION...

Who here is apart of the greatest Aftermarket parts dealer in the NATION? Of course im talking about Advance Auto Parts - POST DEM TEAM MEMBER #!A

Advance Auto Parts switched from usa suppliers to chinese suppliers for so many of their parts that UCI was forced to file for bankruptcy after AAP switched from UCI to China.

AutoZone master race checking in

I only go to advance auto because the nearest NAPA is 20 minutes away.

I go to whatever place has the right part. They all suck but when times get tough you have to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

You worked at one?

AAP has the best customer reward program available, its insane not to come here in the first place. So much benefits..

Around here, O'Reilly is the best.

No way brotha, in what way is O'Reilly better than AAP?

You in az? From my experience they never fuck up

Bahaha! One my last week of working there.

Napa master race

Carquest because I get my dealership discount of
3 0 %

Fucking 30% off anything.

O reilly auto parts, user speaking.

Out here, Advance and Auto Zone don't really have a knowledgeable staff. O'Reilly does. I've never been to the one NAPA.

For real though, working at an auto parts store is a trip sometimes. All of the usual retail bullshit + commercial customers and dozens of "mechanics." I wouldn't trust some of those fuckers to turn a light off.

Also, to the anons working at other parts stores: what do you think of your computer system? Like the catalog search procedures and stuff. O reilly's is archaic as fuck.

I swear commercial accounts are the biggest fucking crybabies about everything.

Hello Mr Regular.

OKAY! so my boss expects us all to make 1,200+ each for DIY and atleast 500+ for commercial accounts...and try doing that in a 4 hour shift! And dont even get me started on our computer system...jesus Christ we need to switch to Explorer QUICK! APAP makes me want to hang myself!

I went to O'Reilly ONCE, and I overheard a salesman tell this old lady its okay to put 2 lithium motorcycle batteries in her car in place of a regular car battery. And mind you she was driving a Ford F-150..circa 1999

Feels good to know I'm not alone in the computer system shit. I finished up my orientation training videos/testing and there was one about the system. There is a legacy system and the gui system called "infinity". The training video was from 2006 and they were migrating functions over to the graphical system. 10 years later and we are still in "transition."

At least you guys have thermal paper receipts, right?

HUH?? Are you serious!? Hell NO! Were still in the stone age! My store number is #5850! I love my co workers and my boss, but we need some serious improvements. It would help immensely!

For real right. Those fucking faggot techs from shit like Tires Plus think they are hot shit and talk down to you when really they are subhuman pawns working dead end $13/hour jobs fixing shitboxes all day.

Raaaaaah Commercial driver here

Znet from autozone is pretty cool, once you learn how to use it you can find locally or oder almost anything. ANYTHING. I've found obscure little knick knacks and linkages and all the way to aftermarket non street legal supercharger kits.

Idk how sales even works at my store I just do my best to help people and that's it, no one ever tells me shit because I'm just a driver and also I work 8 days a month and am active duty Marine so they pretty much just don't fuck with me about sales. I drive and go muscle paychecks from commercial account faggots who are over due.

Do you ever give a shit tonne discount coupon codes for your loyal customers? If I make my daily sales. Ill take $20 off every customer afterwards..

We have an old guy named Sam in his late 70s, he'll carry 4 boxes of CV axles on his shoulders and he never complains. Does his job, signs papers and leaves. GOOD MAN!

10 percent is the most I can do manm anything else require the manager. He'll even 10 percent requires the manager but I know his password

Really?? We only need manager ID for military discounts/returns. If I see my daily customers coming in short of cash, ill take $10 or $20 off to help em out. Besides, they sometimes slip some money in my hand to show appreciation!

Nah dude the only thing we can do with manager ID is ten percent. 20 percent requires the serialized autzone employee discount card that is tethered to an employee ID so I can't use that. The manager can go in and price override things but that's just through his credentials only, I can't. The best I can do besides 10 percent military/courtesy discount is to just help people save with deals. Shit is always on sale and bundled like for example Castrol edge is on sale for 29 bucks for 5 quarts plus a stp filter. If someone's getting 5 quarts by itself it's like 45 dollars alone, and the bosch filter is 4 dollars while the stp filter is 8 dollars. They'll get 5 quarts of Castrol plus the Bosch thinking they're saving 4 bucks (over the cost of a stp filter) when i reality theyre spending 49 dollars for both a la carte when the Stp+Castrol bundle drops it down to 29 automatically. I do shit like that all day, offer options that are all sale bundled and save customers money.yesterday I dropped a ticket from like 90 dollars to 50 just by having the specials memorized

Jesus Christ man, im sorry to hear that. Everything is really relaxed down here. We have so many deals. Even the customers know what to buy to save money! And I live in Beaufort SC! with the dumbest people on earth live.

That may be why, I'm in rich ass orange County California. 10 percent goes only to military with ID and to some regular customers like shade tree mechanic types who come in and buy from us every single day 4-5 times a day.

The one thing we do have but use it mostly just for us employees is a coworkers uncles commercial account. We buy stuff under his com account for the com price, and then do a "match competitor" price override and drop it as absolutely cheap as the system will allow, invoice it and the pay cash and balance the account. Sometimes you get outrageously good deals like 50 dollar premium batteries with 5 year warranties but we only do that for each other and friends/family.... not customers really

You guys sell Optima batteries right? Our manager will let us buy them for 90$ a piece. Im talking 4 year warranties, and these battieries sell for 250 each.

who /rockauto/ here

I interned at the corporate office a few years back. I worked in the department that makes training videos and courses. I'm in one of the videos.