Old Thread - >>15211259

Old Thread - Okay, so we decided on a date last time around. Midday would be best for time, considering the time of year.

We just now currently have two places up to choose. Gloucester 127 or Mohawk Trail. Pretty must east or western Mass. Poll below!

strawpoll.me/10471550
strawpoll.me/10471550
strawpoll.me/10471550

All are welcome. Bring your sports cars, your muscle cars, your ecoboxs, your shitboxes, your bike. If it street legal and has wheels, bring it.

Other urls found in this thread:

motorsportreg
strawpoll.me/10503063
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw gloucester 127 is an hour 20 from me
>tfw mohawk trail is an hour 40 from me
hmmm

What even happens at meets?
The whole basis of Veeky Forums in general is calling each names and making contrived insults
But no person would stand for that in real life, at least with people they just met....

So what actually happens when you put a bunch of Veeky Forums users together in real life?

from what i have heard of many many other meets
>people are almost entirely chill folks
>there's little if any memespouting
>it goes well

>Gloucester is 3 hours away
>Mohawk is 2 hours away

Eh, I mean, whichever has been driving roads, last thing we need is slow Sunday drivers.

>Doing anything car-related in MA

Have fun getting harassed by the cops

this for sure, what is known about either of these roads in terms of
>scenery
>cops presence
>business
ect?

>What even happens at meets?

yea these criteria are pretty much what i care about. its a long drive to either but i dont mind. i just want to make sure that its worth the time wherever it is. also the less cops the better.
if you'd like i can insult everyone there and laugh at everyone in a gm while screaming laptimes?

I would go to the meet but I don't really know shit about cars, I just like to drive. I come here to learn stuff but it's a slow process. Electronics is what I do, not automotive.

Anyway if you see someone driving a beat up white Subaru with CT plates and a custom built spectrum analyzer on the dashboard (pic related) in New Haven or Litchfield county CT, or periodically in Eastern NY around NY22/Taconic Parkway/I-84 or western Mass RT 7 or 8 to around Pittsfield that's me. Feel free to say hi, call me an asshole or faggot or whatever.

I wouldnt expect the majority of us to act like shitheads at a meet,

That shit looks sweet dude

Looks awesome user. You should total still come. I'm a beginner (im more into computer hardware than cars) and I never saw a whole New England meetup before, so I was wondering if we could do it. More in it for the fun of meeting other enthusiasts and learning more about cars.

I mean, I'm bringing a Dodge and all I know I'll get is

>hurrdodgeisshit

But its the fun of the trip.

Most of the people that are shitheads wouldn't come to a meet because that requires actually meeting people face to face.

I'll go. Will be looking for future threads for sure...

better than bringing a gtr or corvette

i posted in the last thread. bringing myself and 2 other friends are driving up too

I'll come if it's after the 18th

read the OP image

So as of now it looks like it will be at Gloucester? It's winning in the straw poll

I'm still bootyfluffled that you all are ignoring this

motorsportreg dotkahm /events/blue-lot-rallycross-at-okemo-scca-new-england-009147#.V19jjuApDqA

I have a few of these left over, would anyone want a free slap from the first MT run if I brought some to the meet?

yooo i would. those are dope as fuck

we're not all rallyboys. looks fun, but my car cant rally

OSG didn't like them much a while back, I'll have some free at the meet and might sell them along with other stuff when I print the second run

im shocked osg didnt like em. they'll buy anything with moon runes on it

>mfw NY is crossed out

Homie don't play with that gay shit

So let's have the poll go up till the 18th, yeah?

So far Gloucester is winning but the trail is only 4 votes behind. We'll see how it pans out.

Yea seems like a good idea

Gotta keep this thing alive

Posting a spot from and old MA meet
and to bump thread

>Gloucester is fifteen minutes away
>I even recommended going there
>probably won't go because autism and shitbox

Come. It's about the fun. We're all autistic, what do you think we're doing here?

I'm just not sure if I want to bring my new shitbox or my old shitbox.

these goddamn meets never hit PA ;-;

Judging from the old thread, we are shooting for the 26th? I'd be in

Driving 7 hours for this meet. I'm sure it will be a good time.

Frick off ovii

Yes, 26th around noon. We'll start leaving around 1pm.

I'm a shut in autist too and im going

bampu!~!

Yassss autists unite

how'd you know it was me Cletus?

Milford, CT here. Currently car-less so im just driving my parents car.

although Im shopping around for a car on craigslist

White mountains beats all in NE

Get a fiero

with a bodykit?

Hell yea

Keeping this bad boy alive
Another bump

You're that guy who couldn't stop buying fiero's And ended up with three extra fiero's aren't you...

Well guys, looks like I may not be able to go. Probably gonna be spending next weekend fixing this fucking thing someone did to my car last night. It was fucking PARKED in my driveway.

Can you just drive your other car?

I can, but I wanted to bring this one. Other one is shitty neon project I'm going to be working on.

I'd do it this weekend but I've gotta work all weekend and next weekend will be the only time off I have. Is it hard to take off one of quarter panels?

I wish

Gawddamn

> Tripfag cant make it because of some minor cosmetic damage.

What more would you expect from a trip

talk in memes, trade stickers, drive like shitheads, play some yu ghi oh, and hang out in strangers houses.

NE meet, this could be fun!

>middle of Massachusetts, largley dinks in their parents cars.

Good luck getting out of that without points on your license. Boring roads flanked by police the whole way.

100 miles away we could have scouts on either end of some rad highway. And tax free liquor.

I would say at least you tried, but obviously not.

Well mass seemed like the best middleground, do you have any better suggestions? Or do we go wild and make the meet on the CT shore

strawpoll.me/10503063
strawpoll.me/10503063
strawpoll.me/10503063
With all the complaints in both threads about mass, time to vote

See Maine fags post about the white mountains.

Does Veeky Forums want to drive or circle jerk?
NH doesn't tell your insurance about speeding tickets if you're out of state cup much freedoms or some shit. I don't understand them. But 302, 112? You have all sorts of rad shit where there is NO police presence whatsoever.

Or MA.

Meet in North Conway, head west and hold on.

The less police the better, and I'm down for both driving and circle jerking

I mean, whenever I take my cars down to where real people live I don't even like driving around cuz I'm nervous as shit. Where I am a 2x6 for a bumper and a tractor supply muffler dumping at the rear axle is fine, but even hood pins in mass scream pull me over.

Kanc run would be the best, but how many people on Veeky Forums have a fast car? Being held back by spergs in their parents car or some slow as hell miata is gonna suck.

Alright most people have voted to go to mass as planned. Lets just stick with the plan. OP got a scratch on his car we don't need to change it all up now. Plan a CT meet after this meet happens.

Should we do a cookout or something? I know those cali dudes do it and it looks like fun

>cookout

That is a very good idea
Peeps still seem unsure of where they wanna meet though. I'll stick with what user 2 posts above me said and let's do this meetup in MA and then we can make one for CT

MA is just the best state as its pretty much in the center of New England

MA fag here

I'm down for a cookout. Everyone can bring a little something for it

sounds cool
i'll have to think of some kind of desert to feed a mob of autists
might do a fuck-huge trifle in a plastic storage bin, bake like 5 cakes for it and use three whole pints of heavy whipping creme and a bucket of strawberries

We should dona north north east meet later in the summer.

I've camped and had a fire on top of that pass in the lot across the road, just draped a tarp that covered the reflectors and most of the fire. if there were less than ten of us it'd prolly fly.

Sounds awesome. I bake shit all the time for stuff I go to. Usually I'm "the guy with the 100 cookies" for one meetup I'm always part of.

Ever noticed how almost no one bakes these days? Like you go to a church dinner and it's plates full of store bought cookies and awful mix brownies.

About time north east has a sunday meet, I love my jersey and PA nerds but this new saturday schedule has made the last few meets impossible for me

either way its most likely a 3-4 hour drive each way

Yea that's what I'm thinking, especially if we found a campground or Park or something that has those built in grills or whatever where you just bring your own stuff and charcoal

or shit if someone has one of those propane camper grills that can run off coleman fuel cans

I think it's a cool idea but all I can think of is some one saying "I only eat well done" *proceeds to turn hamburger into burger flavored ketchup*

grill burgers i take on the more well side but not burnt, theres always the option of just buying a box of hot dogs and burgers from costco or something, besides thin burgers are best for cookouts, they cook fairly quickly and evenly

People act normal, from what I hear. There's a bit of drama over here in California according to some threads, but it's not so bad.

You should go. I started coming on here just because I love driving, and once I learned a bit about cars I realized that most people here only have hobby level knowledge. There's an active debate on Veeky Forums on track times and if two seconds matter ffs, nobody that has true experience with cars cars about a few seconds, feel comes above everything else.

Inb4 assmad GM fanboy, I don't care if the gtr beat out some American pos, they're both mediocre cars built only to enhance brand prestige, I've sat in both and didn't like either.

>definitely this ass blasted

Oh yea I forgot about those things
Fuck that's a trigger
Yea those thin patties are goat for cookouts

Shit, all you guys got me hungry as fuck

I second that

Same

I'm just gonna have to use the other shitbox. I just want it fixed asap.

So are we changing places? Are we staying with Gloucester 127/Mohawk? A cookout sounds good if you guys wanna do that instead. We'd need someone with a grill tho.

Where's the event flyer for this? Time, place, date?

We still have to make one, mainly because we don't have the exact location locked down yet. We know it's the 26th in Gloucester, but the actual link up spot there is to be determined. Hoping someone from the area knows a good place

Time and date are in the first post. We just need a spot.

I suggested Stage Fort Park. Especially now if we do a cookout.

You know if they have those coal grill things there?

Bumping for this info

Just digging of my own, and it looks like they do have those charcoal grill things

sweeeeet

So my Miata is about to fold in half from rust. Should I buy a 2007 Saturn Ion Redline SC to meet with Veeky Forums?

stage fort is nice

Not where i'd expect a car meet but that could work. If we're having a cook out this sounds like a good spot.

Bumping for everyone to bring a little something to make.

If you want the ion do it famalam. Just make sure you show up to the meet!

Yea of we all bring something that would be mint. Closer to the actual day we gotta get a head count of who's going and if they're bringing any people or something. So we can be prepared food wise

Absolutely. I know its a little early for a head count, but I'm going up with friends so 2 cars and 4 people currently.

I would totally join you faggots but I'll probably be passed out from watch the 24hrs of le mans.

Also it's father's day man wtf

Oh I'm actually retarded and don't know what week it is.

I might be interested in this, only if it's in gloucester though