Can someone please explain to a stupidfag why everyone likes these? What is so good about them...

Can someone please explain to a stupidfag why everyone likes these? What is so good about them? Why does everyone recommend them? They cost $10k for a decent one now and are 15-17 second cars. 2v 4.6 Mustang's are faster.

pls be gentle

>the cost 10k for a decent one

WHAT? Where are you from? V8 Foxes should be like.. 3000 dollars. That's the entire appeal. You get a slow piece of crap, but it's cheap and there's a gigantic amount of aftermarket parts and tuner knowledge that let you build it up to something actually good.

In no way should you pay 10 grand USD for one. That's like FD / STi / 4th gen Cobra / E36 M3 money we're talking.

Foxes have inflated like Miatas in price

the SN95 is the cheaper, better option now

> $10k
kek americucks why is your car economy so shite? can get them cheaper than that in england and they're all imports
miats are still around £700

Foxes and Miatas exploded in price.

>Foxes have inflated like Miatas in price

this meme gets danker every day

Who fucking cares

Not to mention hatchback storage. 4 cyl can be had for 1k-ish for good condition and can be v8 swapped cheaply

That is all true. A few years back the fox went up in price, by a lot. I don't see the appeal in paying 7k or more when you could get a 99-04 for that, however, they are light and cheap to mod. A cam is 100$, heads for 800, and so on.

I have a 2v and 4v. Cams for those motors would cost 600$ or 1200$, respectively. Trick flow heads are ridiculously expensive for the 2v.

Point is, those cars can be made built with simple mods, camming a 302 is easy. Lots of people either bore it out and go forged pistons for nitrous, making it like a 306. Or 347 strokers, amongst other stroker kits.

They just got popular when they were cheap, and many were turned into bolt on cars, or drag cars. Suspension and all mods are very cheap for these cars. The 99 cobra IRS was meant to fit into all 99-04 cars without much modification. 94-98 is the same chassis, and the fox has some interchangeable suspension parts like shocks and struts. Because of this, 03 cobra IRS can be put into a fox, with some changes.

Griggs and other brands have kits for live axle handling, and they work/have been proven. Mustangs can't handle meme is quite dead. ANY old live axle car with shitty tires, and worn out stock suspension is going to handle terribly.

I'd take my 2v as well. They are a lot cheaper nowadays, with cheap forged internals as well. A turbo can really wake them up and have them running with 600hp+ cars for cheap.

They're only 10k if they're a v8 manual with unusually low miles, at least in my area.

I got my 5.0 HO swapped, cammed carbed 4 speed '83 Capri for $1500. The guy had it listed for a long time at $3900 and when I saw him drop it to $2900 I went in for the kill. He was in BFE West Virginia and his ad didn't use any keywords like Mustang, Fox Body, or even 5.0. I'm pretty happy with it. It's straight even if it is high chassis miles and a little sloppy aesthetically but that's something I can tinker with over the years and as long as I don't slide it off a cliff or something I like to think it's money in the bank.

They're good automobiles.

Average price for a clean notch which is the best fox is 5500 to 6500.

They are cheap, good looking and easy to make go fast.
But they'll go up in price like every other 80s car soon due to nostalgia

ugly piece of shit. only people who like it are boomers or wanna be fast to impress the jdm tite racers

too long, didnt read. dont have time to read long ass paragraphs faggot!

This really.
They are horrible vehicles

i like mine

>only people who like it are boomers or wanna be fast to impress the jdm tite racers

Dad has an '89 5.0 and a '03 Mach 1
The '89 runs good. Shitty convertible but it's summer so he just keeps it down.
[spoiler]I like the Mach 1 more[/spoiler]

That's a sexy car, user.

lol, mad that I actually own whatever I want and know how to work on my shit? Go back to hondas please

OP, you can find the best version of the Fox for 5-6k easily. Anyone selling a V8 Fox for more than a SVO is a faggot and should be ignored.

>notch which is the best fox
This. The evidence is overwhelming: lighter, more rigid, less maintenance.

>2.3l OHC turbo

>boomers
>liking small underpowered 80s cars

This is a fucking lie and you know it.

>still performed at or above GT levels
You know you love it.