/edg&scg/ - Elite:Dangerous and Star Citizen №19

Last thread: >What is this?

Merge general of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen

>Elite: Dangerous information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
Thargoid reveal NEVER

-----------------------------------------------------------
>Star Citizen information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/i1ZNaxaJ

>2.5 is PTU now btw
>Freefly for anyone willing to try

SC has a gamescom Idris booth setup. Details about their event here:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
Gamescom presentation: youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

-----------------------------------------------------------
>other games
if it doesn't have a general, come on in. just don't get upset about sharing.
Here's a pastebin with games you can play while waiting for SC to be finished or for E:D to be fun:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kei a best dirty pair

first for space is gay

>Get lots of attention from Gamescom
>Don't put your game on sale for a short period

It's like the Elite devs don't want money. I'd have bought it as well but I don't wanna spend 20 quid on something I might not even like.

What happens if you do something gay in space?

>preorder exclusives

Good thing it's shit. I didn't preorder

It's only gay if balls touch.

I run into NPCs flying those and all I see are free kills.

space balls*

they made it as shitty as possible to prevent it from being an issue, it's probably the worst ship in the entire game

the only thing it's decent for is entry-level mining

>mining
speaking of it, where can i find an updated guide?

Can't you even buy it?

Looks like something I built from legos at 9

It's only available if you preordered Horizons. If you weren't on the preorder list it doesn't show up in shipyards.

You're not missing anything if you didn't. It's a piece of shit. Even when the AIs became beast for a few weeks after 2.1 came out, these MkIVs could still be completely outplayed by even the biggest shitters among the playerbse.

I like how they literally look like plastic bits glued on if you have a paint job that uses flat colors.

>tfw flying in my tradeconda and listening to weeb music

It just makes me hate that Braben fucker even more.

How much should i save up if i want in a a conda?
currently in a asp

>Imperial eagle
>Performance engines and full speed mods
youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU

>players hyped for the Cobra MkIV because it looks boss
>it gets released
>it's terrible
>ship kits released, so you can make a Cobra MkIII you'll actually fly look like the MkIV

does the engineers garbage make an actual difference?

>hey take this shit to ceos pls
>lol jks go 400 ly away cunt

Yes

It's pretty clear that Braben has little to no input on how ED actually functions. His videos are almost totally divorced from the reality of the game.

yes

shits OP

My racing fit iEagle cruises at 600 m/s and boosts up to 850 with enhanced performance drives and grade 5 dirty drive tuning.

Also grade 5 overcharged multicannons on a gunship faceroll everything.

How great is that? I'm sure it will definitely make base game players stick around! And the prospect of more shit like this each year unless you goy up... man, I do love this game, thanks yet again, FDev!

Stupid bunch of greedy jews, you deserve bankruptcy and cancer.

all the forumdads paid $300 for a lifetime pass

works on my machine

It wouldn't be a problem if they didn't make it so NPC's have full access to engineer mods and weapons.

Yes. The difference between a regular A-rated ship and a fully upgraded ship is fucking ludicrous.

>Hey, Mr. Braben, with so many space games coming, don't you think we should actually finish the game to attract more players and get more money?
>Nah, just milk the shrinking core playerbase each year and make them pay twice more than the new player!

I can only hope FDev runs out of money/players before it pays out.

Going from A-rated to fully modded is a similar step up in power to going from E-rated to A-rated.

I guess I'll wait for the game to be actually finished and get it for 15 bucks or so.

Make sure the mission actually names the station you're delivering to. If it doesn't, it's going to tell you to fuck off to the bubble.

>supercheap auto
>aussie flag

10/10

>ITT: People pay hundreds of Moneys for a game that will maybe come out 2022

My corvette with DD3 boosts at 320m/s and I'm pretty sure it can out turn a cobra

I paid 20 bucks and I'm thinking of maybe dropping 5 more, that's it.

Those crucial upgrades locked behind a paywall sure make me want to invest in E:D, just imagine what they'll come up with next year, now that the preorder exclusivity and P2W gates are wide open!

Anyone know how to proc naval ascendancy missions or are they just random once you max out the meter for your current rank?

So I didnt buy horizons because it costs more than the base game here in Slavia.

But what if the next DLC contains cool shit I want, will I have to retroactively buy horizons AND the new stuff?

>this applies to both games at the moment

>mfw got in during the kickstarter and got lifetime expansion pass for 40€ and permanent 50% lower insurance

of courshe

They'll probably delete the current store entry and migrate all the current content to a new one to save themselves from the negative reviews

They'll probably roll Horizons and the base game together.

They rolled the base game into Horizons when it was released, so you got everything for $60.

Everybody who bought the base game and then Horizons afterward got a $10 loyalty discount. So in other words they paid $110 for everything.

They were incredibly rumpravaged over it.

I really like the look of the Merlin/Archimedes but they're parasite fighters right? I can't jump to anywhere with them unless I have a Connie or something similar?

(You)

yes

Just switch open/solo until you get one

Guys. When does 3.0 come out? That Gamescom demo was amazing.

They're just random. More fed factions in the system means more chances, and you can switch game modes to refresh the mission board if you don't want to travel to another system.

end of the year is the official word

I don't think I got horizons

I get the planetary landing HUD every time I close on a moon (never actually tried landing because it causes FPS drops) but Horizons commodities are invisible in stores for me. I get missions for like, Progenitor Cells and if I go to a station thats supposed to sell them they dont have them.

How do I check if I have horizons or not

it'll show up in the launcher if you have it

Progenitor cells aren't horizons-only.

If you're playing it through Steam and have Horizons it should give you three options: The base game, Horizons or play in VR

well fuck I don't

Should have bought horizons but it was more expensive than the base game.

I still paid much less than 60 dollars though, under 30 actually

That would be the wise thing to do, it would save a lot of trouble, coding for 3 different "platforms" would be horrible.

But they've already shown how retarded they can be, so who knows.

You still paid 20 dollars too much, should have got it for 10

is sothis good for fed rep? I am dying for a gunship and need to get rep fast

Do I melt my aurora down for a 325a or an Avenger Stalker

I just want a decent fighter with a small cargo hold, and I'm poor

Avenger Titan

When game launches itll be easy to get a ship that fills those roles. Having a cargo/fighter doesnt help you in alpha where all you can do is buy clothes for yourself.

Why didn't frontier allow us to land on gas giants?
Wouldn't it be the same as current landable planets but filled with differently colored gas?
Is it difficult to simulate huge volumes of gas?

o7 daddy

Is there any point in mining in ED? Or will you get fucked by pirates

diamonds sell for a lot
how do they keep getting away with this

>152562809
nboipsuio

o7

Good build for a Cobra Mk3? I just started the game.

a good one

What's up with this whole only pirating so much that the trader can still make a profit thing? I don't want to do that.

The what now.

see

whats the deal with jacques station?

whats the deal with airline food?

How do I know what planets have Barnacles? Does every landable planet have them?

its bad

youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

Was it scripted?
The way he moves looks like hes on rails

the lack of pressure at high altitude fucks with the human sense of taste, making us think that airline food is actually bad

When searching on google about stuff to see if I'd like to play this, reddit and forums had a lot of stuff about only taking a small fraction of cargo from a trader. Sounded dumb, is that a thing people expect?

he's using a controller, it's definitely not scripted.

looks like Elite but blue

Nah m8, I've taken non airline food on before. Airline food is just shit.

>ships ladder goes down
>crowd goes nuts

cant make this shit up

To be fair, the ladder actually went down that time on the first try. It was cause to celebrate.

The freelancer's ladder has not been working since it got its update, that's why the crowd went nuts.

>his voice
>his shirt
>how unofficial he looks
>his gestures
everything about this triggers me

What's the hotkey for silent running?

>anarchy outpost
>any kind of formalities

That place was a space hippie commune. You were right to be triggered.

they gonna make it in time?

For what? SC or ED? Not seen anything on it for either of those.

ED

Traders will self-destruct or combat log (yay for p2p networking) if you try to take all. If you only take some they will be more willing to cooperate. Anyway piracy is only for RP fags, it's not a real way to make money.

ED looks like its getting hectic