What is the superior parking maneuver and why is it backing in to a spot?

What is the superior parking maneuver and why is it backing in to a spot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hz3EryVNMzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ur on the wrong side of the road m8.

you cunts will make threads about any old shite these days

it is the superior manoeuvre but that is the incorrect method. you shouldn't have to adjust bro.

more like this

>not driving onto the sidewalk behind the parking spots to pull into the spot facing the road
>not skidding into your parking spot

youtube.com/watch?v=Hz3EryVNMzw
>pleb

>not just parking in the street and blocking a lane with your hazards on

>block off an entire freeway with Veeky Forums's miatas

There's nothing like blocking 3-4 lanes of traffic on a busy ass road as I back into a tight parking spot. Most people get stressed out doing it, but I get a kick out of impatient people getting frustrated.

Then they have to be somewhere so fast that they pull up right behind me as Imm trying to make the turn, so I will straighten it out and light up a cig while shaking my head at them and they can't go anywhere until they back up and let me back in.

Miatas already block the road since they're so slow they don't even seem to be moving on the freeway

You tried/10

There are people on Veeky Forums RIGHT NOW who can't reverse into a space

Nice subtle VW shill.

>enter parking lot at Super Target
>see empty space
>lady in a Camry coming from the opposite direction
>I drive past the space
>she thinks it's hers
>I stop and back into it
>she gives me annoyed look as she drives past

>making wide turn onto main street at intersection with lignt
>shitty camry goes way to far over the big ass solid white line
>try and make it as wide as I can and put my bumper to there bumper
>pull brake and relax as they try and maneuver their way inside, around, or backwards
>all the cars beeping at them and yelling

Happens at least once a week when I'm leaving the yard.

Being cucked by the French military.

>not taking 2 spots to avoid niggers hitting your car with their doors

You didn't signal? She wouldn't have been confused if you signaled your intention to turn into the space.

>not blocking niggers who can't park properly off
>not buying a shitbox just to dent cars owned by niggers who can't park properly

Am I the only one who parks with the front towards shit so he can access the boot?

>implying that is a car worth any value to double park
there's 24 year olds in bentleys that dont double park

This is the best feel.

>Not taking up half a spot

Have fun reversing out blind into traffic

>park bike in spot
>leave
>45 minutes later, stacy mctits is on her way to her job at the Dunkin Donuts
>"oh look a space"
>guns it into space
>knocks bike over
>parks over bike
>on phone "I think somethings wrong with my car, it sounds like im running something over"

>blind
>into traffic
A wise God has blessed me with a pair of eyes and brain so I've never encountered a problem with that. There's also usually nice drivers who let you back out.

I wish I had a Porsche with the boot in the front.

this is me every time i park on the right
can't do it well for the life of me

>What is the superior parking maneuver and why is it backing in to a spot?

That increases the cost of damages to your car.

Leaving your car's NOSE facing the traffic is the most expensive way to get car damage. All the cars backing up with their hit-and-run will damage your front end. Even the cars next to you might hit your car if they swing wide while backing out. My car doesn't have any obvious front bumper due to styling, so it's all expensive front fascia if damaged. My rear does have a nice strong bumper, so that's the end I choose to have facing all the hit-and-run people backing out.

I'm a defensive driver, so I park with rear end out in order to reduce the costs of damage to my car.

>not taking 2 spots to avoid niggers hitting your car with their doors

Will Smith did that at a Starbucks and got called for it, but the regular person was the one that got into trouble instead. The power of celebrity when everyone else sided with Will Smith. I guess the regular patrons of that Starbucks liked having celebrities regularly come into the shop, so those celebs get to park however they want.

fancy

get a load of this guy

Have fun not being able to access the boot from the aisle.

> Reducing costs of damage
ANY significant damage will trip your insurance. Are you not fully comprehensive? If not, why not? Are you poor?
Because if you can't afford to fuel, maintain, and insure your car properly, you can't afford to own a car.

Parking back end in means any hit and run driver won't be in any position to run if they're going fast enough to damage your car. They'll hit the denser front end and fuck up their car too.

noice
I do the same

My school will ticket you since there's signs all over the place that say you're not allowed to back into parking spots.

I assume it's because they don't want shitty drivers blocking traffic (I go to one of the most densely attended schools in the country, probably) but it still annoys me.

Lel. I did this next to a dude in an X5 at the market the other day.

>Looking to get some sushi and try to flirt with a cashier I like at Whole Foods.
>Get to the parking lot
>See a lowered X5 on nig rims parked horizontally across three spaces near entrance
>Can't find parking for 10 minutes so just say fuck it and park in the space nearest to the front of the X5 (he's only in about 1/4th of this spot so I can still park with a little bit of room to spare)
>Forget about it and go inside and do my shopping, while in line out see Jersey Shore looking Persian dude hop in the X5 and start trying to maneuver out of his 90 year old Chinese womans parking job
>Dude has a good 3 feet of clearance but can't figure out how to cut the turn sharp enough to get out
>watch him go back and forth for about 5 minutes till he gets out and walks around my car bangs his hand on my hood a few times
>hops back in his car and resumes his perpetual back and forth hellen keller style driving, by now I'm done and paid for my shit
>as soon as I get outside the sliding doors I can hear his garbage Persian rap blaring out his speakers
>i get 10 feet from my car
>HEY MATHER FACKER. MOVE YOUR SHIT CAR MATHER FUCKER
>Dude's obviously an asshole so I decide I'm going to be a dick and take as long as possible to move my car, walk around to the front of my car look at my hood and as him why he dented my hood
>MOVE FACKER YU MOVE! FACK YU MATHER FACKER
>"why'd you punch my hood bro",
>I PUNCH YOU FACKER. MOVE YOUR SHIT CAR. FUCKING SHIT TOYOTA (it's a Mercedes). FACKING MEXICAN CAR. I FACK YOU (actual quote).
>Ask him again why he dented my car
>Now he get's out of his car, I'm starting to think I made a mistake and worry this dude is legit crazy and going to shoot me or something
>Hops down from his car, now I can see he's like 5'6". reeks of garlic and bad cologne
>HEY FACKER WHY U DONT MOVE? YOU THINK YOU MAN
>cont

>Again: Why'd you hit my car?
>I NOT HIT YOUR CAR FACKER. YOU SHIT CAR. YOU ARE SHIT BRO, FUCKING SHIT. I GET YU DEPORTED YOU FUCK WITH ME
>Tell him I'm American and ask where he's going to deport me too then tell him I saw him hit my car along with everyone in line
>Doesn't even register to him and he just keeps yelling with his barely comprehensible Tusken raider accent "I KICK YOUR ASS FACKER. YOU MOVE. YOU BITCH FACKER. FACKING POOR FACKER. YOU SHIT TOYOTA"
>By now he's loud as fuck and everyone in the parking lot and market is staring at us
>Just keeps yelling various combinations of FACKER, TOYOTA AND BRO
>Fucking gigantic black security guard woman comes lumbering over. She looks like Donna from Parks and Recreation but a foot taller and a few hundred pounds heavier
>Now this dude is even more pissed she can already tell he's a dick and obviously is wants to mess with him
>Tells him he can't park like that and needs to leave or she'll have him towed
>He tries to blame me for making him park like this, but the security guard doesn't believe any of it,
>I tell her what's happening; say this Jafar looking fucker parked sideways and is now stuck
>she laughs when I call him Jafar and he get's even more pissed
>Now he starts arguing with the security guard
>"HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MAKE? HOW MUCH MONEY?"
>She tells him to back off or she's going to taze her
>He calls her a fascist and get's back in his X5
>Finally the lady behind him pulls out, he backs out and pulls out as fast as possible
>As he's driving away tries to throw coffee out of a cup at my car
>Doesn't throw it nearly hard enough
>It just pours down the side of his door

>This Jafar looking fucker
>

Seriously what the hell though, guy probably lives in the basement of a stacking home along with 3 or 4 other families like we got in our town

Kek, California here. All the Armenians/Russians/Persians live like that around here. They'll have 6 people in an apartment but they'll have S550s, CTS-Vs or M5s in the driveway.

I really try not to dislike them because some Persians are pretty bro-tier but so many of them are just so overbearingly shit human beings, it's hard not to make fun of them.

I fucking hate BMW drivers.

I generally don't signal for spaces like that. Nobody here "signals" for a space like that unless they're aggressively trying to take claim over it, and it feels like too much.

And in general where I live, nobody gives a fuck if you were there first. They'll happily slide into your spot while you sit there with your signal on. I've had to strong arm my way into spots because I'd been waiting at the edge of a parking lot at a crowded beach or mall, and people would try to come in and grab a spot in front of me. Once I slid narrowly between two cars, with maybe an inch between either of my doors and the cars beside me, to grab a spot I'd waited like 10 minutes for. Somebody tried to grab it from me, and was telling me to get back, but nah, fuck that noise.

There's a guy at my work with a really nice G37s. He just parks at the edge of the lot away from all the clamoring to park close to the building and avoid walking like 10 feet. Although the security cameras only reach so far into the lot, so if somebody fucks with his car he's probably SOL.

>BMW

EVERY FUCKING TIME

t. poorfag

Mercedes are more expensive than BMWs ;^)

Lately it's mostly Audis and leased BMWs. And VWs. Depending on where you live. This faggot in pic related literally parked like that every time.

ok? wow u arent very good at this lmao

I've noticed this behavior among artsy faux-intellectual types driving VWs here in California at lot. Not so much with Audi actually, but that's because they're more often driven be wealthy conservative families, not edgy GERMUN ENGINEERING fags. Those fuckers tend to stick with BMW or VW if they're poor.

grow up

I can't tell if you're bantering or not, because BMW fanboys are so often retarded.

wtf? lmao

>Criticism equates to childishness

Flawless logic there.

>criticism
is that what you think you were doing?

FIX IT AGAIN TONY LELELEL
DUDE VW DRIVERS SUX AUDI #1 XD

jut go back to car throttle absolute moron and dont reproduce.

>Nobody here "signals" for a space like that unless they're aggressively trying to take claim over it, and it feels like too much.
You're all idiots. You indicate to show your intention to stop and be in the way.

BMW driver hit my car and drove off without leaving details. Got it all on CCTV apart from her plates, police were actively looking for her for a few months after I reported her to them.
Nobody fucks with my stuff and gets away with it if I can help it.

You sure seem to be angry there Heinrich

>U MAD BRO?

>you're all idiots

Did you get a fender bender because somebody didn't signal their intention to take a parking spot or something?

>the boot from the aisle.
Have fun being a britcuck. In america, we have wide enough walkways for our motorized scooters.

>Are you not fully comprehensive? If not, why not? Are you poor?
fuck getting full coverage.
>can't afford to own a car.
wew lad you must be some kind of a special idiot

>What is the superior parking maneuver and why is it backing in to a spot?

I just turn on parking assist and get into the space nicely the first time everytime. I only have to override the steering computer occasionally because it does spacing from the cars, so if one car is unevenly parked within the lines, I have to choose whether or not to park closer. The computer is a cautious cat and wants to space evenly.

I always park straight but its usually way up in the left of the space. I'm in america so no harm no foul but it still looks funny.

>being so entitled that you think your tiny bike deserves a full sized spot and isn't going to get run over by literally anything bigger than a smartcar.
>thinking that just because you can park it in a spot means you should

I really don't believe I'm the only one who wants to minimize their insurance payments at all costs.

Backing into a spot isn't that great when your buying shit. Can't access the trunk to put your stuff in.

>there are people who don't know how to do this

>Not using your superior solid axels and ground clearance to jump side walks and park

These plebs don't get it

Unless the spot your're pulling into is connected to a sidewalk i.e. you're in one of those strip shopping centers

>lying on the internet

Easier to get in, easier to leave.

elllll-maow

A stock xterra/wrangler/any truck with our a splash guard can do this with ease

>Went home for the weekend and went and went thrift shopping with my mom
>Some dummy took up two parking spots
>Mom makes a loud joke about it
>I point out that it's no wonder his car is all dented, he's so bad at driving
>It turned out the car belonged to some guy leaving the store and he'd overhead our conversation and we just laughed harder when we realized it.