How long can I go with this light on before damage occurs? I'm poor as shit and have a 2014 fusion...

How long can I go with this light on before damage occurs? I'm poor as shit and have a 2014 fusion. Looks like I need a oil change. how much do they cost?

2014?

Probably synthetic.

About $75.00

do it yourself for like 15 bucks

how void of parental guidance are you're life

>"poor as shit"
>car from 2014
kill yourself faggot. you're not poor. you just have shit budgeting skills/self control.

You should change your oil every 5k regardless of what the computer says. And do it yourself.

30$-35$ for decent synthetic oil and a decent filter. Probably about 50-100 to get it done somewhere instead of diy.

>tfw oil alone for my truck is $200

Google how to reset it. It's just a light that comes on after 3k miles even though you normally don't need an oil change until twice as long as that.

In Jeeps, you turn the ignition on without starting the car, and press the gas pedal down and hold for a second 3 times to reset it. Not sure about new Ferds.

Dad died when I was young

Lol

>poor as shit
>have a 2014 fusion

You will literally be poor for the rest of your miserable life

You can do it yourself, it's not hard. Go on Youtube, you probably only need a ratchet wrench and a single socket for it.

When was the last time it was changed?

That kinda depends.
The ECU calculates many variables including the way you drive, so it isn't that far off.
I've been driving with the same oil since the car was 35k. It's now almost 49k.
I would get it changed, but I'll just wait for the 65k mark so I can just drop it off at a dealer and they care of everything.
It's not that simple changing the oil on a modern diesel with a dpf.

I sure hope this is bait.

if you diy $25 for 5qt oil and filter

>hurr you should change your oil every 3k kms
Don't be retarded, pls.
I'm just following the recommended changing intervals on the manual.
Synthetic oils go a long way. Plus I haven't had any "change oil" warnings show up.

i'm starting to think poverty is a lifestyle choice more than anything

>be me
>+$100000k/yr job + full benefits
>rent controlled, $310/month apartment
>$4000 shitboxes from 90s and 00s
>buy everything from garage sales, flea markets and craigslist
>can my own food

.. i could go on

Rest in rip in peace your engine

A full service at the dealer costs like $45. Motorcraft semi synthetic, tire rotation and multi point inspection.

If you care about your engine you should change it every 5k-7500 miles regardless of what the computer or the manual says. I mainly said that was bait because it being a diesel with a dpf has absolutely nothing to do with changing the oil yourself.

And this why we aren't allowed to work on our own cars.

It's a diesel engine. They're made to eat up miles and miles with the same oil.
I'd be changing my oil every two months if I was following your "advices."

It kinda has, since you need to reset the dpf regeneration cycle everytime you change your oil.
I'm planning on changing the oil every year anyway, since I don't do that many kms (about 10k-ish a year).

>$45
Damn. I just spent $1230 for an 80k mile service on my E550.

That probably included more than I listed though.

>synthetic + filter
>15 bucks
Kek

wow you're an idiot, why are you on this board?

Um, Diesel engines by design are supposed to have a much higher frequency of oil changes than a gas motor.

>I've never changed my own oil and I believe shittylube charging $70 for synthetic is fair market value: the post

> i use cheap crap oil: the post

They're pretty much the same on the manual, iirc.
I'll stick to an oil change a year, anyway.

>implying a screenshot means anything without currency units

>Mercedes

That's your problem

Do you plan on keeping the car a long time? If so, change it. Otherwise you can push the oil change longer until you have some cheese. Don't go too nuts though.

Costco generally has Mobile One fairly cheap too.

dealercuck detected

cad

holy fuck i didn't realize how cheap oil was down south

even with the shitty dollar i might go change my oil down therr next time

Enjoy your fucked engine.

Um a regular LOF oil change at Mercedes Benz for any Mercedes is 100$
80K service probably included pollen/combination filters. Brake flush tranny service and wipers. As well as a microphone inspection. 1200$ sounds fair

Why did you buy a new car if you are poor as shit?

(Anything under 5 years old is still new unless it has a shit ton of miles)

But I think most shops should be able to change your oil and filter for less than $35. Do it yourself an you will probably stay under $20.

Literally one of the easiest thing to do on a car is change the oil look up how to do it on the same model of your and watch a video or read up and boom you are taking a step into the cheaper direction

All these busriders telling you, "Cmon user don't be a pussy faggot, change your own oil, be a MAN." You can't change your own oil for $20. A decent filter alone is around $10 and decent oil is another $30+.

The cost difference between doing it myself and taking it to a maintenece shop near me is ~$4 and I take my own filter. Unless your car requires a very specific oil (rotaries using Royal Purple etc) then do a cost benefit analysis. If it's cheap enough to diy, look it up on YouTube and get it done.

>microphone inspection

Wew

>$100000k
>$100000000
holy fuck!!!

Be a MANN, faggot.

Just click the OK button.

Read your owner's manual. Nothing bad will happen right away but the longer you go with that warning on, you're taking hours off the life of your engine. Old oil turns acidic and it starts corroding the inside of the engine. Eats away at seals and piston rings, makes bearings loose, etc.

You must be a troll, you can't be this ignorant about oil changes. Every town has at least one oil change chain garage somewhere. It'll cost you anywhere from $40 to $70 depending on what they sell you.

If you do it yourself, it's $35 for a box of the good stuff, $10 for the filter, $1 for the crush washer and your own time and tools. If you don't know how to change the oil on your car search on youtube, there's probably 10 people who have posted videos on how to do it.

Tbh I bet he could another 1000 miles and be perfectly fine. Its probably set on the safe side, you know, for women and niggers.

Oil changes every 3k miles is kind of a sham, They just want you to come in and get your oil changed as much as possible. Then again, a lot of new cars have these crazy oil change intervals like 10-15k miles, I don't trust those either, I wouldn't feel comfortable going more than 8k.

>Its probably set on the safe side, you know, for women and niggers.

Which is what OP probably is. And it's probably best for OP if he goes ahead and changes the oil. Otherwise it might never get changed at all :P

There's also the matter of warranty too. Something about making sure all the maintenance that the manufacturer wants you to do gets done, so they can't use that as an excuse to stiff you on warranty work. It's only got 14k miles on it. I'd go ahead and follow the manufacturer's directions like a German until it gets out of warranty at least.

And it's a new car, it's not some 4th owner used car that's been beaten like it owes you money. Or maybe it's on its way to becoming that 4-owner whore car that everyone has shat on.

>poor as shit
>owns a new vehicle

Doubt he owns it, he probably got a lease from the dealer.

>Looks like I need a oil change. how much do they cost?

Cheap oil changes at those discount shops are typically $19.95 and some even include the oil filter. I see some advertised with no coupon needed. Sometimes, chains like Bucky's have coupons in those mailed coupon envelopes. You see $18.95 in there. Beware that some cheap shops don't include oil filter changes since the says oil change and not oil/filter change so that is all you get. So always check to verify what you get.

Some Wal-mart supercenters have oil change and tire shops. At those, the synthetic oil change is $49.99 and the conventional oil is cheaper. It includes a Fram ExtraGuard (orange can) oil filter change too. Walmart sells 5quart jugs of synthetic oil from $17.95 to $24.97. 5 quart Mobil1 Full Synth is $22.98 at my store 2 days ago. Oil Filter was $5. You'd need a disposal pan to drain the oil into and a container to take the oil to a disposal center. You could use the 5qt jug but there is sometimes new oil left over which you save for topping off so you might not want to waste it. But disposing used oil in the sewer is bad for the environment.

All shops will add the extra fee for shop supplies or hazardous waste disposal which is about $4 to $5 unless at my chevy dealership which is $8 more. What a steal for stop supplies and disposal.

Walmart is the cheapest for FULL synthetic oil change. If you bought your 2014 fusion new from the dealer, it probably came with the ford 2 year 2 oil changes free deal but some dealers are wishy washy about them because the compensation for them from the manufacturer is less than if they charged full price for a normal customer. So my Good Chevrolet dealer of Renton Washington tries tricks to get me to not do it so they keep their oil bay free for more expensive customers they can make a higher profit from.

>$45
>Damn. I just spent $1230 for an 80k mile service on my E550.

My local Chevy stealership wanted about $800 for a $120 job that the all purpose autoshop did. It pays to shop around for estimates. My dealer tries to prevent shopping around by charging for all inspections before any price estimates can be given. The dealer also charges like lawyers for billable hours and rounds up. So they may have your car in the service bay for 2.01 hours. Of that 2hours, the tech worked on 3 different cars, thus getting billable hours on all 3 because the time periods are rounded up. It is technically legal cuckoldry. 16 minutes is rounded up to the next 15 which means 30minutes. He declares break which terminates that charging time at 16 minutes rounded to 30. He works on another car with same trick. Now he comes back to your car to open a new task and works 16 minutes again. Because he separated with break and another different job on different customer, that is a true separation (legally) and thus he can open another charging job. Otherwise he has to continue adding after the break and doesn't get that round up. The Stealership sucks. I watched and counted the minutes which was hard because they block it off. They know how to game the system and defeat the state law about fairness in charges.

This post is just too much. Go to a Walmart, any walmart in the states, and be amazed by how mobil 1 extended drain full synthetic, pennzoil platinum full synthetic, Castrol edge full synthetic along with valvoline and quakerstate full synthetic oils are about $22-$26 for 5 quart jugs.

>paying $75 for a full synthetic oil change

a fool and his money are soon departed

Go to walmart.com and enter your zip code to find stores near you. Click on the checkbox for auto services for oil/tire. You will see the price is about $50 for full synthetic. SInce you are on a budget, you can get the conventional, but the full synthetic is obviously a lot better oil. They don't upsell like jiffylube does, so you can ask for filter substitutions and the price increase will be low. If you have an ECO engine (one that starts and stops a lot when you stop at a traffic light or stop sign), then you might want the Fram Ultra oil filter since that uses a wire mesh inside to protect from lots of oil pressure spikes. Purolators don't seem to like that spikey world and some of their filter fabric can tear. That's why some filters (like Fram Ultra synthetic) are made with wire mesh to support their filter media in a frequent pressure-pulse environment.

on newer Fusions it comes on around 7.5-10k or 6-12 months.

it doesn't require full synthetic unless it's a hybrid or EV, just synthetic blend and Ford's synthetic blend oil is made by Valvoline.

anyway an oil change on a Fusion at my dealer costs like $45-$49 depending on the engine/oil capacity.

I paid approx $60 final price (tax, fees included) at walmart. My price was that high because I had two substtutions: Fram Toughguard oil filter (somewhat higher price) and Quaker State Full Synthetic. The tech simply walked over to the wal-mart main store and yanked those products from the shelf, came back to the service shop and typed the changes into the computer. Easygoing.

My dad did too, and yet I'm still able to work on my own shit and make proper financial decisions.

No fucking excuse