Minecraft General - /mcg/ - the source of all your problems edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/oxrl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for 1.7 Traincraft soon™

>image.jpg
applefag pls go

I got it for free
And I'm going to milk it as long as I can

>No mod that makes the game prehistoric like early TFC
>Other than TFC

:^)

So, what modloader do people use nowadays for 1.7 and why? I haven't played this game in a few years.

>testing modpack all day

Forge. You can use multimc or curse (but this thread will yell at you)

Wait, but the OP etherpad says multimc is goats. Anyone-edit etherpads wouldn't lie to me, right?

they will yell at you for curse i meant. but it's easiest desu

multimc is probably the best launcher, lots of flexibility and utility, easy to use and no bullshit, does all of the tricks and more

I finished my collection of (modular) wall designs.
Again, the world download (1.10) is linked in the gallery:

imgur.com/a/oxrl4

I'll post some selections as follow up...

>Place full wood door from extra trees.
>Break full wood door from extra trees.
>drops two wood doors from extra trees,
10/10

more like 20/10

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

bretty cool user, definitely ganna use osme of these myself

>multimc and curse are modloaders

I'd meant to call them Assyrian walls, but the Assyrians scare me ;_;

>i can't read

Pretty, though some of them seem to be too thin to be practical/walk on them.

Security walls. Would make a nice wall for Trump-Sama.

those walls would be bretty good to generate around villages in a mod

Multimc and curse are mod managers.
Forge, the simply titled modloader by risumgi or whatever the fuck his name was, meddle, nova, those are mod loaders.

you could always make your implementation thiccer, user

You can easily alter the designs abit to protect against spiderbro's or widen them a bit so you can use them as walkways. I just aimed for some variation in shape and colour palette :^)

So I installed Fastcraft, Optifine, BetterFPS, and shaders.

For the first time since I starting modding Minecraft I am managing Framerate Cap with mods and shaders. Impressive.

A wall made for kangs!

capping your fps in minecraft results in lower fps overall user
don't do that
do it through your graphics card settings or something

Tha bastion is a flexible design and easy to make, as you just have to terraform your favourite hill a bit...

I said Forge. Just told him which launcher to use to help him out since he was away for a few years.

Last pic: Simple dwarven design, or whatever theme you want to make of it.

New project. Will post progress by interest or to save the thread.

save the thread

are those walls in the latest download?

There are 16 designs, just like in the overview picture.

never use anything but Forge unless you want to fracture the community and catch viruses

i'm starting to miss the old gregtech
i had so much fun back in the versions right before he added bronze age machines.

tfc is easily one of my favorite mods, but I'll never play it single player. it makes serbs much more interesting since it encourages specializing which actually encourages trade
tfc 2 fucking when

>Opening my old flat map where I used tu do my building stuff 3 years ago
Holy shit, how was my 15 yo self able to build such a minimalistic and overall nice house, and then come with the most bland and uninspired designs (3rd pic)

I have really fond memories of gtech back in 1.2.5
Im not alone right? that shit was cash

(inside of the house)

(this one)

You guys got any mods that dramatically increase difficulty whilst not being unbalanced? I'd like the look and feel of vanilla minecraft but with a bit more of a challenge. 1.10 preferred.

>mods
>1.10

you get to pick one

>yfw my 1.10 modpack has 140 mods

>and they're all shit

>he hasn't seen cyberware

sure there aren't A LOT of really good mods, but there are a lot more since you last looked last may.

>page ten

I tried to download the direwolf20 pack from the FtB site. I unzipped it into my profile's directory in appdata. Forge says [15:55:26] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: The mod BigReactors (Big Reactors) requires mods [CoFHCore] to be available

I don't understand how I fucked this up. :(

>using ftb packs
>using the vanilla launcher
>using ftb packs with the vanilla launcher
what the fug
multimc can import that shit if you want to actually use it.

just put in cofhcore... problem solved

what the fuck are you doing

>get FTB Launcher
>DL dankwank20 pack
>get multimc
>tell multimc to import FTB packs in Settings > FTB > Track FTB Instances. tell it where FTB's files are located, for example I have mine in "E:Desktop/ftb cancer/"
>???
>you win

you mcfucked up when you DL'd an FTB pack manually, and kept fucking up unzipping it into your minecraft directory, and threw it all away using vanilla's launcher.

I tried and it complained about the zip not having instance.cfg, which sounds like a multimc-specific thing so wtf

I tried to get the FtB launcher from their site but it tried to give me some Curse thing's client instead. And I loaded that up anyway and it looks like the fucking windows 8 store in there, not a Minecraft thing.

So what's this chunk sorting bullshit and why does it keep eating away all my CPU power?

>He puts the bus on the front of the controller
>Not putting the controller in the floor
>Not putting the bus on the bottom of the controller
Pic related.

>1.10 pack has 140 mods
>Mine has 47
The fuck kind of shitbloat are you shoving in it? I bet it's all those shitty magic mods that you're trying to peddle, I bet.

>Feel the need for a drone mod
>Find one, looks pretty good, nice content and good looking models
>1.8.9+ only, no 1.7 version
Welp, time to commit suicide

go to sweden and do it on mojang's front doorstep
blame them in the note

Because Minecraft is badly coded?

It sorts chunks to render them in the right order to avoid transparency issues, I guess.

there are enderio cables under there, and having the front available to dump stuff quickly in is handy. also it's just a testing world you fucking autist.

>The fuck kind of shitbloat are you shoving in it?
Magic mods are limited to AbyssalCraft, Roots and Reliquary. Admittedly there are a lot of client mods in it but I don't think there's anything I'd miss atm.

Except OpenBlocks elevators.

Understandable. I seriously cherrypicked the 1.10 mods quite hard and will probably not break 50 until Draconic Evolution actually provides some interesting content, or a good replacement for LogiPipes pops up.

I would say that RF Generation might be an issue, but with Mekanism in the pack I doubt that might be too much of an issue. :^)

Forestry, TechReborn, EnderIO, Advanced Generators, Actually Additions - plenty of power options

Why does 1.10 with half the mods run at half the framerate of 1.7.10?

I've got both Advanced Generators and EnderIO, along with RFTools (Endergenic). Though I'm concerned with the fact that there's no Buildcraft, so no Oil/Fuel to use for combustion generation.

I actually get almost double in 1.10 compared to a built-up base in 1.7.10. I honestly don't know.

is there any way to get a more in depth look at all the items I've scanned in thaumcraft? going to the primal aspects page and hovering over the aspect I want is just a bit too fiddly. plus it'd be nice to see that not only does a dispenser have 5 terra, but it also has an arbor and machina and whatnot

You don't really need any of those when mek's fusion reactor can be made in a couple of autism fueled days

I don't think I could autism that hard, especially with TAIGA in the pack as well.

Keep in mind that I'm the kind of person that would rather have Logistics Pipes instead of AE2, merely because of how Gregtech'd AE2 has become.

Eh, going at a reasonable pace a week is probably about right. Midgame power production may be a problem though.

I usually float around midgame power for a while. Over on Hoboserb I had a full 16x16x7 reactor that was off 99% of the time because "What the fuck am I going to do with goddamn 24k rf/t?" Especially with a battery that held somewhere in the realm of 5.6 Billion RF.

Why would you need a lot of power anyway? Esp. in 1.10 it only becomes a problem once you start making RFTools dimensions

I had a fusion reactor in two days, which is the only reason why I know it can be done :^) at the expense of mostly everything else though

More like never.

get one of those void miners that turn RF into ores
automate Grinding, smelting, crafting and then then destroy the items.

we found 2 separate github forks being actively worked on m8

oh shit IE just released for 1.10

>IE released before Railcraft

>IE: now even grindier and for a terrible version

is it really grindier? it was fucking grindy enough already

Judging by Direwolf's videos, nearly every multiblock structure changed, you need more steps to make wires, you need relays to connect those power things instead of wiring everything to the same point and probably more things as well.

But does Direwolf play vanilla IE or does he use some shitty modpack version?

IE is a major iron and copper sink, but it's not really grindy unless you're dumb enough to not automate your steel production early on.

It's on 1.10 Forgecraft, so I doubt there were any pack-specific changes to the mod's recipes.

it's a dead mod then, just like IC2

nobody is fucking learning that microcrafting is cancer and that only FTB wants it to make their modpacks last longer than a week before people are bored

>page 10

>he doesn't have any screenshots to post
Why even bother

new conveyor belts are pretty neat

you can still get sloped belts, right? not forced to use the vertical ones?

how do people stand to make mods for these newer versions of the game that take so long to load? every time I want to change something that needs a restart I have to sit here and rip my dick off waiting for forge to load textures and models twice like a tard

NEWER IS BETTER DIDNT YOU KNOW GOSH

So Curse makes finding and downloading mods ez, but what if i decide nah fuck that I want to use the vanilla launcher or multimc? Can i just copy shit from one dir to another?

do you not know how to mod things without someone holding your benis every step of the way?
>download file
>open up instance
>put in directory marked mods
>run game
I dread to think what all the idiots would have done back during the days of .jar modding

>Can i just copy shit from one dir to another?
Yes.

Don't be such a catty faggot.

Yup. Forge creates a unique folder hierarchy so, regardless of what launcher you use for it, it still looks the exact same and runs exactly the same. It's just a matter of finding where curse saved your instance then copy and pasting the correct folders and files to your new instance provided by another launcher. I recommend using the Multimc launcher since it holds your hand better for creating and handling instances.

>do you not know how to mod things without someone holding your benis every step of the way?

If we're gonna be lewd, I'd rather you hold my hand, tsundere senpai.

Really though, if the answer were "no" you'd have saved me a lot of time and effort by saying so, so why not ask?

Thank you friend

>Thank you friend
Don't be such a clingy faggot. Also np.

Told myself I would finish touching up the main part of my castle before expanding, but I'm starting to get the itch to build something new.

BUILD BENIS

This shining black benis is nearly complete. It shall be a benis to surpass even Bible Black.

what even

Looks like some kinda autistic hobo wizard cave.