Can we compile a list of non-spooks?

Can we compile a list of non-spooks?

I'll start: Mathematics

>spooks
Back to >>>/leftypol/

I'm not well read enough. Can someone explain this stirner spook thing

It's the leftypol version of "muh degeneracy"

Anyone who uses it should be ignored as they are most likely a dumbass.

spooked

>Mathematics
arbitrary system designed by humans to describe natural phenomena using symbolism as a stand in.

>stirner is left
Spooks apply just as much to all the loony "progressive" concepts

Wrong

Math has always existed and will always exist. Math is merely the relations between entities. There is set of all mathematics principles and that set encompasses the set of mathematics principles that have been already observed by humans.

Math is not a spook.

Everything is a spook, cuck, the jews, a fallacy, etc

math as percieved by the human senses is a spook.

Gotcha

Gotta say came here from /pol/ because all the threads are shit and full of historical nonsense as of late.

This is a much better more nuanced board

Mental concepts that you put ahead of your own self intrest. Nationalism, religion, loyalty to a goverment or idealism like equality, becomes a spook if you are willing to die for it for example. Stirner doesent suggest you abandon all spooks though, just to consider if serving spooks really makes you happy or serves your own intrests. If they dont he suggests changing them or abandoning them. A mother sacrificing her life to save her child is a spook, but if it makes the mother happy theres no reason not to follow it.

...... But Stirner is leftwing

Whatever, mathematics is the root of our degenerecy. As if it explains anything. It's just a fucking line drawn in the sand around some pseudo truths. What has mathematics ever done for me? You know they why they call it a zero sum game? Because if you take all the numbers and multiply them by all the other numbers you still get fucking zero. And then the things that aren't zero are "imaginary", as if -i times zero could be anything but zero. The only thing math can explain is money which is just our abstraction for everything, so of course it's zero! How could it be anything else! Have you ever heard of the law of conservation. 0 = 0, fucking get it.

its not exclusive to leftypol but those dumb autists overuse the term

Literally show me math, like, where is it.

Math is literally everything. The relation between anything. If there's one string. Then there's one. If that string vibrates, then there's 2, iteratively, which creates addition, addition creates multiplication etc etc until you get the universe

Stirner holds that all mental constructs are the 'property' of the mind, and therefor the mind if free to do as it will according to it's own 'self-interest'.

Note, this is not the kind of 'self-interest' like Rand has: a logical set of dictates about how the individual must behave in order to fullfill his own 'self-interest'.

That's an example of a spook, right there. The idea that a particular idea, created by the mind, about what is in it's 'self-interest' can have any power over the mind itself.

When a mind creates these concepts, and believes they have power over them, the mind is plagued by 'spooks'. Immaterial nothings, created by it's own imagination that it is afraid of.

So while Mathematics isn't inherently a spook, it can be a spook if you believe you are actually bound to behave according to the dictates of mathematics (which you just fucking created).

Spook is an overused and misused term here, but so is "autist"

like "cuck" on regular /pol/

his obsession with property and the ego kind of denies that. he is anti-collective, at least outside of the community of egotists.

and if you're in one half of all political thought, that means you can never question that half

he's used by leftwingers so we might as well treat him as one

>left
nice spook

>everyone i dont like is left
t. /pol/

>A mother sacrificing her life to save her child is a spook

Objectively wrong. Thank you for proving to me this ideology is essentially for morons.

Will hid all threads, thanks.

If you're willing to die for it it's obviously in your self interest

>I'll start: Mathematics

/thread

>choosing to die when you could choose to not die is acting in your own self-interest

>existence
>relations
>"""principles""""
>observation

These are all spooks.

>Spooks
Tumblr is to the left my friend

Pretty sure tumbrl is filled with spooked spergs who think equality and human rights are worth a danm.

Does you replying to my comment mean you're spooked?

I think in general posting on Veeky Forums means youre acting against your own self intrest and theres no rational reason to be here other than its fun. So yes, replying was pretty spooky and so is this one too.

Yes it is.

You're just spooked to think living is necessarily the "good" option in all scenarios.

Ha, Tumblr is my property. You on the other hand are just a goddamn spook.

He said self interest, not good

Spooked in four dimensions, my property.

Irrelevant.

He posits that dying is inherently not in one's self interest.

He's just falling for the life spook.

You are probably right in that dying is not inherently undesirable. But I think the only case where dying would be preferred by an unspooked individual would be to escape pain, i.e. if you are being tortured or in chronic pain and there is no way out, then it is better to die. Dying for any other cause is falling for a spook however, because any benefit that would result from your sacrifice will not be appreciated by you, as you are dead.

Religion for example is typically seen as a spook when it causes you to sacrifice some of your freedom, happiness or pleasure (or any other benefit) by promising some kind of reward in heaven. But you will never get to claim any reward, so your sacrifice will have been in vain and you have acted against your own self-interest. Similarly an act of sacrificing your life to save your children is falling for a spook, because you will not be there to claim any reward for that sacrifice. You will only have lost, but you will not have gained. The only exception might be if you know that the experience of losing your children will cause unbearable and unending suffering on par with torture, in which case you may as well die to escape it.

Sounds pretty spooky

I don't think he does that, since he used a hypothetical to prove a point.

Sure dying might be in one's self interest, but it usually is not.

They're literally not

spooks

He's is neither "left" or "right". Neetche basically ripped off Stirner's work and dressed it up with utterly euphoric prose.

Spooks are everything. Once you've thrown out all spooks, you won't find truth, you'll only find the grave.

Humans need spooks just like they need food. In fact I think you could almost define depression as "lack of spooks".

Whatever interest and merit Stirner might have had, I'll never bring myself to read him now because of you prepubescent teens memeing him to death.

Nietzsche completely rejected Stirner's ideas. Stirner would have thought Nietzsche was extremely spooked.

Not arbitrary, it is necessarily true. Romans, Indians, Aztecs, they might all walk into the same mathematical concepts independently because there are universal (as in they are wired into every non-retard's brain) axioms, like identity, addition and subtraction, at the core and the rest follows rigidly from there.

>you'll only find the grave
spook

>denying yourself philosophy that would improve your life because of the apparent repulsiveness of some followers of that philosophy
Sounds a bit... spooky.

i had to do it
blame /tv/ and their blacked threads

~greentexting

Stay spooked

>came here from /pol/
And you have to go back.

>improving your life

that's way more spooky

>becoming so obsessed with spooks that you start to consider your own well-being a spook
You have been meta-spooked.

>trying to reach perfection

whoa you almost spooked me there

Kek I'd like to see you demonstrate that 17, meaning the number and not the symbols which represent the numbers, could be anything but prime.

We did invent math but most of the logic is immutable to it.

>Math has always existed and will always exist.
No.. math is a byproduct of life, but doesn't exist without us.

>Math is merely the relations between entities
..all things are relations between entities.

Mathematics is clearly not a physic object, but part of our mental constructions that we understand things by.

Addition doesn't create multiplication. They are separate things. One is only a consequence of the other in numbers, but we have absolutely no way to express matrix multiplication in terms of matrix addition. And no, numbers are not the fundamental object of mathematics, even if they are an important part.

No he didn't. We don't know if or what Nietzsche thought of Stirner.

This entire thread

>it's a user thinks spook is synonymous with social construct thread