>Deck Tracker:
hsdecktracker.net/

Old thread:

Any new Amazon promotions come out?

Why is that pleb holding Ironfoe

guys

guys

don't put doomsayer in your barnes/yshaarj deck

Prospective new player here, just a quick question.

Is now a bad time to start playing? Is there going to be a better time to join in the near future instead?

I'm not familiar with the schedules this game follows so I don't know if now is a good time or if I should wait, as I don't want to spend money on boosters or adventures and then have them get rotated out of standard relatively soon. It would make more sense in such a case to just wait until the start of a new rotation, if that makes sense.

rant time im fucking mad

>be around level 200 total
>only 1 legendary and its shitty alex
>only decks playable are some half assed midrange hunter and cheesy warrior with worgen
>still lose most of the time

by playable i mean maybe win depending on luck but usually lose to those that payed or have a lot more time in the game/better luck at packs

how the fuck is this game 'ok'?
its unbalanced in cards(those 2 new cards from wing 2 of new adventure that faggot reno and basically most of shaman cards 4 7/7 evolve to name a few) and also in the way u get them for both paying and non paying players
if you pay u gotta pay again for new adventures because 'wild'
if you dont pay youll lose most of the time because others got the good stuff
u actually have to win to get gold for a small chance of getting good cards but u cant win mostly because u dont have the cards whats the fucking logic in this? why not make it get gold just by number of games?
and if you dont pay forget about solo adventures 700 gold for a wing yea no with 40 gold a day quest and 30 wins for 100 gold thats 140 gold
you need 5 days for 1/4 of an adventure which will be useless in 2 years anyway and by 5 i mean non stop playing which ull have 0 fun guess why? ull lose most of the time and get annoyed by all the bullshit
the only time i have fun is in arena and maybe in the weekly brawl depending on the week

>only decks playable are some half assed midrange hunter and cheesy warrior with worgen
is this bait

do u want to pay for the game keeping in mind the cards u bought turn to wild in some time? go ahead and buy the new solo adventure
do u enjoy losing A LOT and trying to get gold without having good cards? then play and gl if no to both fuck off this game its retarded

Anytime is a good time since you will need classic cards to get anywhere and those will never rotate out

half assed as in i dont have all the cards but i can make it work better than other classes

Play faeria instead. It goes f2p in 2 days.

Oh, I see. I wasn't sure if classic had editions or something similar to other card games.

Well that's good to know then. I was just worried about buying in and lost value, but if I'm not mistaken, new expansions stay in rotation for a year correct?

Are tournaments easier than ladder because you know the cards in your opponents deck?

>/Pol/ for life edition

>jaina: if you beat me in hearthstone i'll let you fuck my asshole :^)
>>plays freeze mage

>LORD UTHER THE ORCS ARE ATTACKING!
>Calm down, it's just their culture...

really makes you think...

I have no idea what that is, and nobody I know has even heard of it, and I know a lot of people.

Conversely, literally nobody I know hasn't heard of Hearthstone. Even my 80 year old grandmother knows what Hearthstone is. Think about that for a second.

You know the cards in your opponents deck on ladder too

>level 200 total
shitter

You can google most netdecks anyways.

2 years.

Go for it.
Karazhan and Old Gods are gonna be around for about ~2 years.
Classic will be around forever and has the most good cards.
And even though LoE and BRM are rotating out next year, they're still worth picking up.

Nobody cares about TGT packs.

just new still im rank 14 tho makes u wonder

Knowing people in hearthstone is pretty much worthless. Only thing you can do is play wonky decks (that you won't have cards for) against each other because there is 0 reward for it and you can't do quests by playing against friends.

Unless you're trying to play to be social which is a stupid idea you shouldn't care about how many people know the game.

>Arena
>Total Wins: 2023
how do you handle that much RNG

He is one handsome son of a bitch

>implying there is a reason to grind to legend once you have the card back
oh right you are new :-)

Your reading comprehension is terrible. I have no idea how you pulled any of that from what I said.

k

what website makes u search players by name like op.gg in LoL

>you don't play faeria
>nobody you know has heard of faeria
>you play hearthstone
>everyone you know has heard of hearthstone
Astonishing!

>Unless you're trying to play to be social which is a stupid idea
if you're not using hearthstone as a conversation point to be social with other people, you're batshit fucking insane
I can't imagine how anyone could endure this garbage RNGfest without being social about it

If you want to play a Blizzard game you need to know the most important thing:

Class "balance" is a money scheme, this is as true for HS as it is for WoW.

Really, there are no cards in GTG used in the current standard meta?

>if you're not using hearthstone as a conversation point to be social with other people, you're batshit fucking insane
So hearthstone is just a fancier facebook game?

eh, the rng isn't _that_ bad once you know how to draft and I still find arena to be more fun than spamming the same deck in ranked.

>Warrior
>Best early game survival among all classes
>Shitton of small aoe effects against zoo decks
>Has arguably the best early game card in the game.
>Early game cards synergieses with other cards quite well and not useless in the late game.
>Packs premium taunts

>Warrior
>Potential to have ridiculously high hp in the late game.
>Premium single target removal
>Premium aoe removal
>Premium late game burst potential
>Premium late game weapon
>Card draw potential up the ass
>Only loses to Priest of all classes in drawn out control matchups

>Warrior
>Ridiculous potential for early game aggro.
>Cheap weapon for face hitting
>2 mana 3/3 charge
>4 mana 4/3 charge
>Can afford to pack in removal in fast decks because it's dirt cheap
>Cheap card draw up the ass
>Has also acces to meme cards enabling OTK decks for bonus

Is there a point in playing any other class right now? I mean what is its weakness? It can only be beaten by mid range hunters and thats only because of 1 card which shouldn't have been in the game in the first place due to how overpowered it is.

there are a handful but most of them are replaceable and they're so few you should just craft them

>3 mages in a row
>all have absolute perfect rng on their arcane missiles and flamewalker throws
just fuck my asshole wide open how am i supposed to play this fucking game

A couple for shaman, a couple for priest, Justicar for tank up warrior, a few odd ones here and there like Arcane Blast or Gormok.

Overall, it's the least relevant expansion so far.

I see, thank you again friendo. Your advice has potentially saved me a good chunk of money.

it's freemium
all you need to know famapi

If you are trying to achieve the best possible % you play Warrior, simple as that. It's overpowered and has access to multiple decks of almost all types (multiple control decks, multiple aggro decks etc), it's the wallet class for a reason.

you're right, hunter is op as hell. they should give warrior a transform spell. highmane is stupid

lesson learned i have overwatch but my laptop broke so stuck with old pc and this is the only game i can play online
its basically if the game is ''free'' you gotta pay inside to win if you pay for it at start its better

Technically no, I wouldn't say I really play hearthstone yet. I mean, I wouldn't say I play it seriously. I've only played it enough to get the gist of it and decided I'd like to continue playing it.

I've never heard of Faerie and never even seen it advertised anywhere. I've never seen it mentioned anywhere before on the internet except right now, by that user. Whoever works in the marketing department of the company that owns that game must be either dead or in a coma it would seem.

*Plays Control Warrior*
Well played
*Drops pants*

So, I am a shitter for never having climbed beyond rank 13?

At that point I just got tired from how the matchmaker seems insistent on giving me all the bad match up after bad match up on top of the variety of enemies I face being able to be counted on one hand that I wonder if its worth of it

This.
I've been saying this for ages.

>paladin playing as CW

There's a few good TGT cards but they're not really worth opening packs for. It's far less painful to just craft them separately.

make it give about 5 - 10 amour and it might be viable

>tfw even Uther gave up on Paladin at this point.

How are you supposed to mulligan for Resurrect Priest? You want to get Blademasters in your opening hand right?

Oh hey, new thread.

So like, I tried looking up a deck list for Aggro Control and I couldn't find Zoo listed anywhere.

Could someone help me out here? I mean, I thought we all decided Zoo was a control deck over the course of the last few threads.

does hunter have a massive disadvantage vs rogue? i curved perfectly and still lost, and they didn't even play their gadgetzan

If zoo is aggro what is Doomhammer shaman?

sap is very powerful against midrange hunter

Why the fuck doesnt rogue get any healing?

The longer you wait before you start, the harder it gets to catch up with the cards and you will either shill out hard if you want to be competitive fast or just grind with a bot day and night.

In the end, how does Secret Hunter compare to Midrange Hunter?

And whose version seems to be relatively better? Sottle? Lifecoach? Thijs?

Are we really going to do this again?

Do you want to?

Depending on a matchup, but yeah, Blademaster and CoH/Flash you typically want to keep.
Other cards you'd like to have is whatever passes for your early game, so Pyros and clerics if you run them, PW: Shield, Pain, Holy Smite or whatever.
You can usually keep Resurrect if you have Blademaster, keeping Bishop is not that great since you can't drop it on 4.

I assrape rogues with my budget deathrattle hunter deck (no cotw).

Rogue will win any drawn out game against hunter. But the fact that they have absolutely no healing means there will be no drawn out game since they are dead to like half of Hunter class cards by turn 8-9.

I'm sorry, could you please link to one of these bots? Google search provides nothing.

You have to nerf either execute or shield slam.

Which one do you nerf and how?

>Face a Rogue
>quickly find out hes a mill rogue
>he makes my cancer shaman deck draw tons of cards anyway, I retaliated by smashing his face in

...Why would you do that?

Hearthranger I think is one called. I don't use any.
As far as I know it has a daily limit and you can buy it for unlimited use.

Google it.

I've switched to Combo Control Zoo much better. Leeroy + Double PO is a good finisher.

Because rogue is a dedicated DPS class silly.

Is this the anti-control control version with Crazed alchemist?

I would do it like Blizzard did with some cards. Slowly so that I don't kill it.

Execute can only kill minions that are at 1 health and costs 2 mana.
Shield Slam removes all your armor you had after using it and costs 2 mana.

where is zeriyah?

Because rogues rely on stealth to survive ;^)

I don't know what you mean by again since I don't hang out here often. But I feel like there should be a difference between a class that relies on board control to do damage (even though it shits out cheap minions) and a class which can literally kill you without hitting you once with a minion if it gets good draws (which I personally experienced).

Card Soul Status: Preserved

>play minion turn 1
>win axes it dead
>play minion turn 2
>win axes it dead and plays a minion
>controls game from then on

remind me again how hunter is supposed to beat warrior?

Fucking Savjz

Just play highmane ;)

Yes teched that in helps to protect the board.

You play sticky deathrattles silly user.

blizz literally printed kindly grandmother as a crutch for you retards

by turn 6 the game has already spiraled out of control user

2 mana
Give your hero +1 Attack this turn for each Armor you have. Your hero can't attack heroes this turn.

help i'm actually considering crafting a golden legendary

why do brawls only last 3 days I had fun playing the one this week

because they are retarded

warrior will never axe a 1/1, and all it's useful as is a 1 dmg which gets axed whenever you decide to suicide it

dagger the firebat
SI7/backstab the 2-drop
SI7/backstab the huffer
kill the infested wolf and prep/fan the spiders, or just dagger one of them to death
ignore the stranglethorn tiger and go face with tomb pillager/vancleef
sap the highmane
yeah, really spiraled out of control there

Do it faggot

they last 5 days m8
wednesday-sunday both inclusive

nothing wrong with golds that generate more gold

disregard that, i can't read and also i suck cocks

what the fuck are you talking about

The problem here is that you can't look at the term "control" as if it existed in a vacuum, and then apply it across all card games. Control means something very different in Hearthstone compared to, for instance, Magic: The Gathering. While the fundamental principle may be the same (denying your opponent the 'permission' to do whatever their deck is designed to do, thus delaying the game long enough for you to develop your own win condition) the mechanics of the game make the actual execution of this kind of deck strategy totally different in practice.

For example, because there are no 'instant cast' cards in Hearthstone (unless we count minion abilities that trigger on events, which still isn't exactly the same either) there is no way to effectively play a reactionary deck designed around 'countering' your opponent's deck the way you would in M:tG. Instead, as it is in Hearthstone right now, all decks are centered around the development of board control via minions and spells. In M:tG, a control deck doesn't necessarily need board control, or else, it can achieve it in other ways (again, via instant removal spells and instant counters).

TL;DR, the concepts may appear the same on the surface, but they are implemented in totally different ways. What constitutes a "control deck" in Hearthstone may, by comparison, more resemble an aggro deck in M:tG, but if instead we compare it to other 'aggro' Hearthstone decks, it makes more sense to call it a control deck.

I CAN WAIT NO LONGER

>Wednesday
>Thursday
>Friday
>Saturday
>Sunday

you convinced me
I'll have your heads for this if I regret this

What cheap deck is good against Middrange Shaman and Hunter?

So I havent played Hearthstone since Naxx came out really.

How much money do I have to invest to kinda get into it again? Ladder that is. I guess I need all the expansions (league, blackrock, karazhan) and a few boosters. So I guess about 100€ then? Or can I skip/ignore some editions/expansions?