What is Veeky Forums's opinion on Pontiac Fieros...? Good car buy or money-pit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_fqWQzpzlU
youtu.be/FFEi-0Rx6J0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you posted a pic of a corvette. what does a fiero look like?

They're on the sticky. It's safe to say Veeky Forums loves the Fiero

Used to work at a company that dealt with cars, got the latest recall book, Fiero on the cover. Coworker had one, confirmed for accuracy.

now dumping 1986 Fiero brochure

Is there any actual benefits to having a mid-engine platform? I'm genuinely curious.

Its'a great layout for starting fires.

weight distribution is the HUGE benefit. Mid-engines cars just about all handle phenominally.... and just about all of them from the Pontiac Fiero and Toyota MR2 to the most expensive Ferrari are known for catching fire as well.
Because of the way mid-engines platforms are designed, they almost never have more than 2 seats making them horrendously impractical for most drives. That said, The Pontiac Fiero was the best selling mid engined car ever made selling over 370,000 from 1984 to 1988.

Are they still worth buying a nice used one now or does their age just lead to lots of problems?

To this day, they're pretty reliable. You need to worry about rust on the chassis but there isn't much to go wrong on them. And the Fiero has enough aftermarket support to make a Honda Civic blush.
Pic related. How many cars do you know of where everything, from the body to the interior dashboard and door panels has multiple aftermarket options to change the look?

go buy an mr2 instead. better handling better brakes better 0-60 better looks, legendary 4age big aftermarket quantity. did i mention better looks?

Funny. In direct comparisons, reviewers preferred the Fiero. sales numbers don't lie bro.
youtube.com/watch?v=5_fqWQzpzlU

Agree he should get an MR2 but the actually capable one, the sw20

have you driven either?

oh great more blasphemy

Fiero. Had fun.

mr2's are better
only hillbillies and rednecks buy a fiero

youtu.be/FFEi-0Rx6J0

Wanabee Mr.Two

I wouldn't say they preferred the fiero, In the video they said the MR2 was faster in a straight line and around a track, The fiero was just more comfortable to drive.

>sold more that means it's a better car
I guess the chevy cruze is better than the new miata

One day I'd love to try vettekarting a fiero
just gotta lrn2weld

It is