/drg/ Danganronpa General:Sweet dinner time edition

Last thread hit image limit Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2016 on PSVita and PS4.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE

>Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

>DR3 information
pastebin.com/EHN94ivH

>DR3 Anime Episodes (Click to find episodes and stream link) [INSERT UPDATE HERE WHENEVER A NEW EPISODE IS UP]
pastebin.com/hn13LrKe

>Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
archive.today/4MSAe

>Killer Killer manga revealed to be Dangan Ronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-09/killer-killer-manga-is-revealed-as-danganronpa-spinoff-in-3rd-chapter/.101865

>FAQ
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts
pastebin.com/8YGv6KTX

>DR3: Despair Arc episode 1, lines sorted by character
pastebin.com/SGuUskBf

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw
strawpoll.me/11050045/
youtube.com/watch?v=pM95rhaz01A
proprofs.com/polls/poll/?title=which-girl-should-be-in-the-dangangames-featuring-dr3-girls_1
proprofs.com/polls/poll/?title=which-guy-should-be-in-the-next-dangangames-featuring-dr3-boys_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hello /drg/! People from /aov/ invite you to play class trials at real time there!

For a stream of one happening right now, see: twitch tv/lawfuldickish

This might sound very complex at first but it's pretty fun. Try it! Just download the game from docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw and join the /v/ server, "Attorney Online Vidya" to play.

I want to brush Izuru's hair

strawpoll.me/11050045/
strawpoll.me/11050045/
strawpoll.me/11050045/

>tfw you will never be a space neet with Monaka forever while watching the hope and despair meme war on earth and playing games
It hurts bros.

Anyway, as much as I like Monaka the episode was mostly garbage, especially after last week episode.
>no Jabberwock Island
>another red herring
>poorly rehashed AE shenanigans
Really disappointing.

I want to smell Monaka's fart

Souda!!

Junko pls go.

Two shawarmas and some tea.

I
BU
KI
MI
O
DA

I want to love and protect Ishimaru!

Hello /drg/. How was you day?

So today's episode was garbage. So it's a accurate representation of DR AE youtube.com/watch?v=pM95rhaz01A
It's a joke....

So basically Monaca is irrelevant to the plot and she was only there to troll Naegi and the viewers.

Would everything had been okay if Haiji bought Monaka some geemu and jampu?

What kind of tea?

So when will it happen

Read this

Did Marsh make the cake with only red things so he could frame Moe by putting the "bloody" knife in his hand or is he an accomplice or am I reading too deep into it?

I checked out the thread, they don't seem to like us very much

V3

Now what, only Junko is allowed to have a red fingernails?

Time machine is the second stupidest thing Kodaka can pull, right behind "The entire thing is Ryota's anime"

what is this bullshit Sony Vegas Pro 13 why can't I import that spanish subbed video with the audio

diminishing hope

i want monaca to fart on me!

Dan, I'm not a Republic Serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

>The villain is not a villain
Love that one too, but mainly because I've always preferred antagonists.

The better the bad guy, the better the story

Oh, and HA HA, NO EP FOR UUUUU

DESPAIR

Wait until this machine comes back, and best boy will too

That is quite a change. From love-hugs to this

Is this the new lovehug?

Black :^)

No idea, I'm trying to figure it out too but Marsh looks suspicious as fuck

The thing is that Attorney Online, as the name suggests, is supposed to be mainly for Ace Attorney trials, however, the game engine allows you to simulate Class Trials with fashion too. The /v/ server has a democracy system for adding new characters to the roster.

What happens is that some people suggested too many shitty DR characters that somehow passed, and those were used in actual AA trials instead of class trials as they should. People got angry and many started shitposting about DR loudly in the thread.

Even then, in-game it is pretty nice, it's just the thread that is cancer.

Just so you have a small idea, from all characters that could join a mystery solving game, they picked:

>Gundam
>Komaeda
>Kirigiri
>CHIAKI
>MIKAN
>I B U K I

I can understand why they hate DR so much. From those 6 you can only salvage Komaeda, Gundam and maybe Chiaki.

>tfw the antagonist was a protagonist all along
>he made sure that everything he did yould still challenge you, but ultimately fail
>he even worked to help you in the shadows
>his only goal was to give you and the kingdoms a common enemy to rally against and unite to fight a greater evil

>Junko only did this to make Ishimaru feel even worse about himself
>Ishimaru will never get on a time machine and prevent Mondo from killing Chihiro
I hate this.

>Wait until this machine comes back, and best boy will too
I hope so, akane user. Because he deserved better.

Just only bring the ones that actually solve crimes and aren't cunts.

And the fact Lex Luthor exists because he wants to prove to humanity that we don't need gods to become kings.

Still waiting for a DR game where you play as a complete asshole and has their memories intact.

This sounds like a complete and total clusterfuck

And then I totally messed that up

Wait, I just now realized that Hinata has his left eye red on this poster.

Gundam and Komaeda were very well received by their community because of their eccentric personalities. A very big deal in Ace Attorney trials consists of witnesses which must have interesting personalities, and I've seen so many cases where Komaeda fucks up the crime scene because HOPE LMAO, my sides rarely stay intact when there is a Komaeda witness there.

Kirigiri wasn't well received but they didn't hate her either.

Chiaki is when things started going bad. It blew up with Mikan and Ibuki.

Note: Pic related is an illustration made to help people understand what a Komaeda witness did during a trial. He basically saw a corpse, hanged it and used it as paperweight to rapel out of the crime scene since he was too scared of going through the door.

No
>Monaka is Saionji in disguise

H-hey guys I don't wanna bother you with these s-sorry....

THESE ARE BRAND NEW POLLS! SO PLEASE VOTE ON BOTH OF THEM!!!

You voting on BOTH polls mean a lot to me and I appreciate every vote! You can vote as MANY times as you want and how every MANY characters you want!

Which GIRL should be in the DanganGames?! Featuring DR3 GIRLS!!

proprofs.com/polls/poll/?title=which-girl-should-be-in-the-dangangames-featuring-dr3-girls_1

Which GUY should be in the next DanganGames?! Featuring DR3 BOYS!

proprofs.com/polls/poll/?title=which-guy-should-be-in-the-next-dangangames-featuring-dr3-boys_1

Great Gozu and Mahiru Koizumi are Guaranteed to be in the next game! Tis why they aren't on this weeks polls!

Nagito Komaeda and Mikan Tsumiki will be put on NEXT weeks polls for the sake of others getting in!

The top 9 BOYS and GIRLS get in!

Seems like a recurring theme.

There are disgusting perverts who actually get off on being abused, and being treated like dirt.
What kind of sick vile garbage is able to get sexually stimulated by being stepped on and treated like typical filth on the side of the road.

Hey drg, you guys are experts on bullying right, just wanted to ask how do you push really nice people to the edge, Im trying to make a friend and they don't seem bothered by anything I talk to them about

That would be me!

What does it make me if I get off to treating other people like dirt

Komaeda is eccentric but he's probably one of the smartest characters in the game in terms of solving a crime. He's probably the only person of the listed characters helpful but interesting enough to be part of the game.

a sadist

I kind of understand why we didn't get the jabberwock episode. They still haven't fully explained Izuru's past in Despair arc.

That's the right eye. I mean that in the end of the Future episode 6 we saw only one of the Hinata's eyes as red, the left one, same as on poster.

>Junko will never seduce you just to piss off Mukuro
>She will never make you completely inftuated with her just to break you afterwards
>Mukuro will never pick up the pieces and put them back together

what was left to explain?

>HE HANGED A CORPSE TO USE IT AS PAPERWEIGHT FOR RAPEL
I can't tell if this is accurate to what Komaeda would do or not but I must play this.

Exactly these types of people
I don't know whether to laugh, be disgusted, or kill myself
so I will proceed to do all three at once where I vomit,laugh, and then shoot myself
Au Revoir

How his spirit broke, turning him into ultimate despair as well as the unofficial killing game/tragedy

I agree with you, it is also part of the reason why I don't blame /aog/ for hating us, but I'm pretty sure we will be alright as long as we have respect for them and refrain from using shit like Ibuki or Mikan in their AA trials. To be honest I wouldn't want to see those two in the AA trials either. They seem to love Komaeda on the other hand.

Why did he fall to despair? We literally saw just one scene with him in the anime, it's really not that much.

Not enough of those around here...

>a DR game where you play as a complete asshole and has their memories intact.
In the end we'd discover those memories are wrong and we are actually a shit character

Kirigiri makes sense though, she's the Ultimate Detective

I would add someone evil, like Junko

You'd be surprised

Nice people can be so nice they are immune. Their hope is too strong

Make sure to kill yourself properly

>How his spirit broke
That was a bad translation from Nisa. Other fan translations all say that Junko didn't have to do much to get him to side with her.

Blame my step dad for beating me senseless for a majority of my childhood.

allow me to assist.

Vomit but hold it in your mouth and choke on it while laughing, killing yourself in the process.

is the dr3 anime only dubbed for the first few episodes? i read the whole VNs for 1 and 2 in english voicing so it feels to weird for me to watch the anime in sub

The only good DR character is Nagito.

>I would add someone evil, like Junko
Bad idea. She would probably received like Ibuki.

>I would add someone evil like Junko.
They grew hatred against the female characters of DR which is understandable since they had to put up with Mikan and Ibuki shitting up trials. They do seem to want Togami though.

Wow this is actuallyrsghfdgkj;l/:

Well, he's already looks like he's on the edge of despair, so Junko surely shouldn't even try.

They changed a few of the voices because lol unions.

I normally prefer dubs, since it's in a language I understand, but the subs have been fine. The dubs will be behind and release later. You might as well get caught up.

>refrain from using shit like Ibuki or Mikan
>shit like
go away

The anime is shit in terms of dubs (especially despair arc) and a lot of the VAs from the games don't reprise their roles.

my work is complete!

HOLY FUCKS. PERFECT.
10 out of 10 trial.

user I like them too but you must realized how shitty it is for Ace Attorney fans who have nothing with DR to see a half naked girl say "P-P-Please no bully, I WILL TAKE OFF MY CLOTHES FORGIVE ME WAAAAH" in the middle of a murder trial.

Rule of thumb with /aog/ is to not pay attention to the thread and just do all your stuff in the game instead.
I've been around there since day one and it's a pretty cool place.

Twogami could also be interesting if played well.
Yes, the dub is several chapters behind.
You are better off watching the sub for now, unless you wish to get spoiled.

>The dubs will be behind and release later.
thanks thats what i was hoping for. i dont mind waiting.

I'm not weeb and I often listen to dubs but the dub is just plain bad. Also it'll be behind and you won't get the true experience of the anime unless you're tuning in each week to watch the latest episode.

>2 bad characters get accepted
>So buttblasted you hate even the good ones

Come on son. Sayaka would be cool too, she'd try to frame mufuckas left and right!

Don't miss out on purpose

This, their game is great but the thread is full of people who just want to spite others for easy (You)s

We should definitely organize something, could be even now if some people here can be bothered to download it and got a few hours free.

Sayaka indeed could be interesting.

>Kirigiri wasn't well received
wut. kyouko was one of my favorite characters from both games

I guess best serial killer is out of the question.

Do you think Japanese people hate Japanese dubs of english shows

What happened with Ibuki and Mikan? Like what made them any worse than regular AA characters?

Westaboos are a thing, so yes.

They are probably people who are tired of the same voice actors constantly being used like how I hate blum with a passion because how he is in everything.

Mikan's personality doesn't really work well with the game.
Ibuki was like sixth or seventh DR character added in a span of few short months so people weren't pleased about it.

You okay there?

Mikan doesn't do much of that during the trials, though. I'm sure people will learn how to role play them effectively so that their one-note gags don't override their importance.

This, pretty much. Play towards a character's strength. I don't see why there should be a lot of backlash. It's not like AA has a couple of dud characters that nobody wants to use.

I still recommend you try out the subs. It's not like all the DR1 characters will feel the same besides Naegi since they all got their va replaced, not to mention there is a slew of new characters so the attachment factor won't play a role here. You'll be able to discuss it with us, too as soon as you get caught up.

It's really up to you, but I still recommend you try out the subs. It's not like the dubs aren't going to go away. You can watch them as they release later on.

Mikan players would keep apologizing every 3 seconds and do s-s-s-stuttering which is cringy as fuck. They'd also ask to take off their clothes. That shit might be fun in DR because Mikan only gets to speak for like 5 seconds every 10 minutes, but in Ace Attorney you would have to cross examine Mikan's testimony for like one hour so it gets tiresome easily.

Ibuki was hated because of the way she looks mainly. The sprites had their size reduced to fit their client's standards and that made her piercings look like moles. From what I gathered, though, the main reason for the Ibuki hate was because of how people were already filled with hatred on DR after the Mikan shitshow.

Things should be more calm now anyway

People play her extremely boringly.
Kiririgiririri and Chiaki are probably the 2 most boringly played characters. Not to say they're bad, just... bland. Like a plain omelette without any seasoning.
Komaeda is usually entertaining, but also equally usually shitposting.
Gundam is usually played fairly well. Definitely the best of the DR additions.

Mikan's an annoying, stuttery, whiny bitch just like in the source material. Even if she transforms, she's almost never as entertaining or as well played as any other witness.

Ibuki is a whole other can of worms, whose addition itself fractured the entire community, and things still haven't gotten back to normal.

You nailed it

>Kirigiri
Decent, doesn't shitpost trials, but extremely boring, she has no emotions at all and the best moments are when she uses the custom bikini emote

>Chiaki
Exactly the same as above except for she has some "I'm a gamer" remarks

>Komaeda
The mad man, the destroyer of trials, the guy that frames himself because HOPE LMAO, they love him but he also crashed a lot of trials with his insanity

>Gundam
Absolutely flawless

A shitty role play doesn't make a character shitty

>play her
>played
what

The only contact their community has with those characters is the roleplay that other DR fans do, that's why they hate it.

I am not saying I agree with their stance. I am telling you why they feel that way about those characters. If you want to change that, go there and do some proper roleplay to show them that those characters can be entertaining and not just cringe material.

We're talking about