Which will give me the best heat reduction, an aluminum wrap, a ceramic cloth wrap, or a ceramic coating?

Which will give me the best heat reduction, an aluminum wrap, a ceramic cloth wrap, or a ceramic coating?

Other urls found in this thread:

tflcar.com/2015/09/2015-corvette-z06-overheating-issue-is-it-the-8-speed-transmissions-fault/
stingrayforums.com/forum/corvette-z06-maintenance/11714-gm-response-z06-overheating.html
driveviper.com/forums/threads/10063-Motor-Trend-overheats-another-C7-Z06-CorvetteForum-loses-its-mind
edmunds.com/chevrolet/corvette-stingray/2014/long-term-road-test/2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-overheating-on-a-mountain-road.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>needs heat reduction
>posts a corvette

kek, meme magic

kek, this.

It's a serious question though. Does anybody know? Or are you all just a bunch of pussies you talk cars all day but nobody has anything more than body kits spoilers and stickers.

Gold plating.

Header wrap is a meme that captures condensation and rusts/rots headers

Ceramic coating is good and is a pricey option for a reason. Absolutely nothing will get between the headers and that coating.

Tldr ceramic good wraps cause rust

Do some research before you insult the people you ask for help from too, man babby

Are C7s bad at overheating?

>GM
>Performance

No, theres a gay furry shitposter who uses tunnelbear or some pay for IP address program to massively spam the meme that it overheats and is inferior to the GTR through many photo shopped images.

Did not think ceramic coating did anything for heat reduction, just keeps them from rusting. My headers are 6 years old with coating and they look brand new. If the LT motors are anything like the LS motors, they suffer from heat soak badly...

Not particularly but automatic z06 are the ones with the bad reports, they reason it is because the gearing of the 8speed keeps it in the power band more often than the 7spd manual.

Edmund s also had a long term tester but a regular stingray that was overheating on some back roads doing 2 and 3rd gear sweepers. They attribute it to the license blocking airflow into the grill

So the auto z06 has an inadequate cooling system
The manual z06 must be barely adequate then
The stingrays cooling system efficacy completely BTFO because of a license plate lol

Had not heard about the overheat issues. Most heat issues are from IAT's being high causing the ECM to pull timing. Makes your 6.0L run like a 2.4L.

>gm fangirls actually believe this

tflcar.com/2015/09/2015-corvette-z06-overheating-issue-is-it-the-8-speed-transmissions-fault/

stingrayforums.com/forum/corvette-z06-maintenance/11714-gm-response-z06-overheating.html

driveviper.com/forums/threads/10063-Motor-Trend-overheats-another-C7-Z06-CorvetteForum-loses-its-mind

edmunds.com/chevrolet/corvette-stingray/2014/long-term-road-test/2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-overheating-on-a-mountain-road.html

Ill insult whoever i want. Its the internet after all.

Never said it was for a corvette, just happened to be the picture i posted with the question.

He's right though.

No, he isn't.

>quicker than a miat
it deserves a star.

Yes, he is. Notice how the shitposting stops COMPLETELY after the mod or janitor swoops in and bans all of his IPs during a shitpost spree

I'm talking about the corvette overheating. It's a serious issue. Chevy hasn't even fixed it.

doesn't seem to be much of an issue t b h. Corvette sales are soaring, faster than gtr, etc etc.

Time to put aside memes and drop facts.

>It's a serious issue
Hardly. GM really screwed up the track capabilities of the car by not addressing it, but the fact stands that a huge majority of the cars sold never see a track day, and that many cars that do are driven by slowfags who aren't capable of pushing the car hard enough to cause the heat to become excessive. It's safe to say that a majority of the corvettes sold will never even throw a "transmission temperature high" or "oil temperature high" code, so not a serious issue from GM's point of view for a car that will almost always see only street use.

The causes of the problems seem to be some stupid flaws. We don't know how this happened. Was it cost-cutting? (likely) Was it engineer ineptitude? The exhaust around the transmission is not heat shielded, and the catalytic converter is bathing the oil filter and transmission oil cooler in heat. The automatic equipped cars are more prone to the overheating issues because of these flaws. Automatic transmissions get hotter than manuals by nature, and need better cooling and more heat dissipation consideration, especially when being taxed by track use and 600hp. The auto shift program has also been said to keep average RPM higher than the average for the more widely geared manual equipped cars and this has been said to contribute to the problem.

I have a hunch that the lack of a larger cooler and heat shielding is due to bean counting, keeping the price down was a huge objective to GM here, because they were aiming for best performance per dollar, which they got in the end.

It's still an overheating piece of shit. You shouldn't have to modify a brand new vehicle to prevent explosions.

Quit meming and learn to read, ok?

Anyone with 1/5th of a brain can see that I'm criticizing GM, and anyone with 1/100,000th of a functioning brain can see that GM is ignoring the issue because the percentage of people who take their corvettes to the track is extremely small.

Most cars have to be modified for track use to prevent failures, and nobody who is smart enough to tie their shoes should expect a sports car that has 600hp and costs less than $100,000 to not have something wrong with it.

There is a reason supercars are expensive.

>this assmad
GM BTFO (By their own engine)!!!!!

A Z06 will run you $100k+ Any overheating issue at all at those prices is unacceptable. No asterisks, no qualifications - unacceptable, period. The radiator and the cooling systems should have been sized properly by engineering so that nothing ever gets close to being hot. Again, $100k. And although the competition may not be quite as crowded in that bracket, the C7 does have competition. Which I assume have no overheating issues at all?

The C7 is off the list of cars of that class to consider for me.

one early production motor being raped during the break-in period

Ceramic is known for dealing well with heat, hell jet engines use parts that are a ceramic metal composite. Only reason why people choose wrap is because its cheap but cloth does absorb moisture is a problem.

Okay??? Show me the videos of a GTR exploding during testing after being pushed to its limits. Oh, wait. It doesn't exist because nissan actually designed the GTR well.

>has no argument
BTFO!!!!

Only space shuttle HRSI tiles could keep the Cuntvette Shit06 from overheating desu senpai

>a problem that only plagued american cars

maybe the trans failed because of the weight of the passengers

rekt

Well then, we will stop giving you advice. Oh wait, we will give you False advice. Advice that will render your car worse.

So do you trust us? Its the internet after all, fuck face.

Also, if you shitpost one more time, have fun getting banned from this board. We don't need more summer kids like you.

rekt

>The C7 is off the list of cars of that class to consider for me.
Good thing you can't afford one anyway :^)

You're literally retarded if you expected a cheap 650hp sports car designed for baby boomers to be track-capable.