/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #545 - Game Canon > Archie Canon Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mxpqPEL72Uw
myly14.deviantart.com/art/Header-594647094
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Speed up!

2nd for Amy can never have Sonic.
Sonic is mine.
MINE!

Slow down.

>Party Rat

I AM NOT A RAT!

Rats don't know how to party

Are the Sonic X DVD rereleases the full show or are there more episodes that will be released later?

You're a rat!
A sexy horny rat!

I believe it's the entire series except for the Meterex Saga.

>/sthg/ - #545 - Game Canon > Archie Canon Edition
why did you have to do that

You're right you're a blue rat

Isn't the english version of that scene just "can't you buy an alarm clock?"

Because it's the truth.

First and second seasons for now, third season might come later.

>Why did you have to do that?
What? Tell the truth?

oh geee.
Please .. i need more of this

This is a really poor taste OP

Shhhh.
The RAT is sleeping

Could you make a chameleon steak?

Want to hug the rat.

No, tell lies like that

Why stop at hugging?

2 times the rats?
2 times the fun!

I've been gone for, like, a week. What've I been missing 'round here?

youtube.com/watch?v=mxpqPEL72Uw

Sega has been more than helpful with Traveller’s Tales’ effort in bring the Sonic franchise to life in LEGO Dimensions. From sketch notes to subtle suggestions, even boss battles, it’s practically a Sonic game of its own. Also, there will be approximately 7 stages in Sonic’s Adventure World (an expansive hub world. Think Unleashed but bigger, not as big as 06, though).

The Battle Arena (a 4-player competitive area) will also be based off of “Carnival Zone” which could be Carnival Night, or some other zone that’s a “brightly colored, neon mashup.” The rings are either based off of the LEGO Toilet Seat or the LEGO Life Preserver, though that’s not been confirmed,

>Archie
>SatAM
>AoStH

Does Sega even own any of this shit? I love that Breezie, Scratch, and Grounder have a place in the comic but has this been cleared so that they don't sued? Especially with shit like this;

Absolutely nothing. And it will probably stay that way for a few months.

Yup. If they didn't own it or at least have some semblance of ownership it wouldn't be in the comic. That's the reason why X, the OVA, and Underground stuff can't be in the comic

I wonder how many will buy this.

Aww. Really? No new sketches from abt? What about 3D user? He still working on that Bump model?

They're super strict about what's allowed in the comics nowadays, so of course they own the characters, or they wouldn't allow them to be used.
Cream and Emerl weren't allowed in the main comic for the longest time, because they were considered Sonic X characters exclusively.

>No new sketches from abt?
abt had a stream, I suppose. Dunno how long ago.

>What about 3D user? He still working on that Bump model?
His computer is broke.

So, Eggman mentioned that a G.U.N battle carrier was heading toward his location, prompting him to send the Armada to intercept. We are going to see that carrier next issue, right? Seems kind of pointless to mention it otherwise.

I hope the ship is commanded by Amanda Tower. Been waiting for her to show up again, cause that's a classic Chekhov's Gun type of thing. Also, would be nice to know of her relation to the Commander, if any.

>Also, would be nice to know of her relation to the Commander, if any.
Probably his daughter, since he did mention that he had a grand daughter in Shadow

>Got this for S&G
>Immediately gag upon starting up
Jesus they did not even try

>Cream and Emerl weren't allowed in the main comic for the longest time, because they were considered Sonic X characters exclusively.
Um, Sonic Advance 2, Sonic Battle... ringing any bells?

I still have no idea what metal album to use for the cytube.

I'm just repeating what Ian said on Bumbleking years ago. Sega considered them Sonic X.

Not to mention that Gemerl is a modified Emerl, so, Advance 3 as well.

SEGA considered them X characters. It's dumb, but that was their reasoning.

Use the first one that comes to mind
Trying to understand Sega's mandates is a hopeless effort

This.

The general was blasting through with Sonic speed for a while because it went straight from the #500 celebration into the 25th anniversary celebration.

Now that both of those are over, it will probably die down. My guess is we don't hit #600 until November or December

I would like this more if it didnt looks like they had shit stains on them.
Sonic makes cute lewd faces

No, no, no, user. Those were simply lead-ins to Sonic X.

I put too much effort into this

>Sonic makes cute lewd faces
That's because he's hot as fuck

DELETE THIS

Each time I hear something about this game it seems I learn it's going to be even bigger than what I had heard the last time. I wonder how the idea came about to make Sonic that big of a deal in Dimensions.

Artist?

The devs have history with SEGA, they made 3D Blast and Sonic R.

Cuties kissing

Goddamn, these people are retarded. At least I can understand why Topaz is off-limits, cause X, as an international production made mostly by third parties would of course be a nightmare to sort out who gets their cut of what. But Cream, Cheese, and Gemerl are characters who originated from the games. Did SEGA just lose track of where all their characters come from? They must be fucking trolling at this point.

... Goddamn, I miss Topaz. It doesn't help that her replacement, Madonna, hasn't done jack shit so far.

Imagine if Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog had a PSA about safe sex and it would've had Scratch & Grouder have unprotected sex and Scratch gets an STD and Grouder gets pregnant (somehow) and Sonic shows up and he's like "don't be a fool, wrap your tool"

>Reminding me of when Topaz had to say goodbye to Rouge

Fuck you, user. I didn't need this.

>Did SEGA just lose track of where all their characters come from?
You'd have to ask SEGA (or Ian if he knows why). In any case, just be happy they lifted the mandate.

we've been hitting about a thread a day. how much faster do you want to go?

>implying that's how that boxing match would end
Nah. Pic related is much more likely.

I downloaded it a looong time ago.
I reversed imaged it and only found a person who stole it..sorry user

Sega created those characters for X and put them in Advance 2 and Battle as a preview of their personalities and interactions with the main cast. They originated in the games, but they were created for X.

Quality of the threads are going down pretty badly.

Yeah, I guess you're right.
We're going probably as fast through threads as we possibly can.
We've reached our limit.

Damn it it's true.I wish I can justify why I find him sooo good looking

Yup. Only board on Veeky Forums that gets WORSE when school starts up
>That art
Absolutely disgusting

Pretty sure Cream was created specifically for Sonic Heroes.

Not sure what I want to see come of Madonna yet

What's the best source of lewd sonic pics?
I've pretty much sucked deviantart dry.

I'm looking for pics of Sonic specifically. Anything where he's extra sexy OR as an alternative, stuff where he's in slightly or majorly perilous situations.

>she got her an actual topaz
>Rouge the Bat
>GIVING someone a jewel
Yeah, that hurt. A lot.

Fucking licensing issues.

A lot of it has to do with his personality.
He's both super heroic but also really stubborn.

To see someone like that have their will crushed until they're a submissive sex slave or to be tempted into being in a sexy state is really hot.

Poor guys

Still, they obviously wouldn't put so much Sonic stuff in there just like that. I think I heard Dimensions was pretty big too, so it must have costed Sega a pretty penny.

What's the dumbest thing SEGA ever did?

>What's the dumbest thing SEGA ever did?
Everything about the saturn

Not airing Segata Sanshiro commercials in America and jumping too quickly on making the DC.

Creating Sonic.

Allowing Sonic Team to make NiGHTS instead of a proper Saturn game.

>proper Saturn game.
Saturn Sonic game.

Everything after the Genesis.

I'd be content with her just straight up being a Not-Topaz, with some shenanigans about her being Sonic's ex. Like Topaz, she'd likely end up being the face of G.U.N's rank and file soldiers.

Heh, I just remembered.
>don't want to say "G.U.N"
>just call all the soldiers "the Government"
Oh, 4Kids, you silly bastards.

Probably, but it's good publicity and money if it is really popular.

I would try tumblr. They gotta alot of secret sauce hidden on there.

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I also like that he's kinda snarky and but also can be nice. It's cute

>Sonic Adventure DX with old school Sonic games you might have never played
>Sonic Adventure 2: Battle with touchups here there from the original + Metal Sonic
>Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3 basically being not quite S3&K but still good
>Sonic Battle lets you beat the shit out of the other characters
>Unlockable Chao Items thru the GBA Cable and allowed Chao trading

goddamn what a time it was to be alive

It's from KajikiMaguro427

>That's because he's hot as fuck
He sure is.

Are we ever going to see Vanilla in any future games again?

Nope.

Here you go user
myly14.deviantart.com/art/Header-594647094

Probably not. I don't really see anything useful she could do.

Ah shit was I suppose to "spoiler" that?

Doubt it. She doesn't really have much of a role. She's just kind of Cream's mom.

Also, Vanilla's obviously rich. The hell does she do for a living where she can afford that nice, huge house just outside of Mobotropolis?

Maybe she's some kind of merchant lord.

Major child support payments.

In all honesty, I wish they'd bring back the character diversity that was seen in the Advance Trilogy, especially 3's. Being able to go through levels experimenting with different characters' abilities really opened up the games for me.

3K and Chaotix had it, but the first was really just two mutually exclusive paths -- one for Sonic and Tails, the other for Knuckles -- and the second's was ruined by crappy physics, shit level design, and the "elastic ring" mechanic.

Closest you'll get is probably Mania and any potential Mania sequels.

>Those itty bitties
The fandom has lied to me.

Welcome to what happens when a bunch of retards think MILF stands for a body type rather than being an acronym.

Why aren't the Freedom Fighters there?

Game characters.

I still would

>you've got Sonic's car, which I still don't understand cause' he should be fast enough with his own legs, but I won't ask questions!
>he likes the car for the chicks, that's what he has the car for
>I won't get into that, you know where to find those drawings
L-lewd!

Yeah, Mania probably has it, but it's probably going to be a repeat of 3K with a few extra secrets packed in for each character.
I just wish that old characters could return with new mechanics that made each one uniqueyet equally fun to play as. Ozcrash's fangame Sonic World along with Pic related illustrate this well.

I really want to fuck this hog