I'm planning a trip to the states in 2018 to go see the new NASA mars rocket lift-off...

I'm planning a trip to the states in 2018 to go see the new NASA mars rocket lift-off. How does car rental work out there? Is my British license valid in your country? Sorry I've never driven overseas before.

Other urls found in this thread:

turo.com/car-rental/orlando/chevrolet-corvette-stingray/169324
hertz.com/rentacar/productservice/index.jsp?targetPage=porsche.jsp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you get an international driver's permit in your own country

>britbong has to visit an actual first world country for a tech demo

you witnessed it here folks

>The U.S.A. has an agreement with most countries whereby the renter's full national driving license may be used for a period of up to one year in the U.S.A. This applies to the full U.K. driving license. Provisional licenses are not acceptable.
>Most car rental companies require that you have held a full license for at least one year, regardless of age. The minimum age for renting a car is normally 21 although it can be as high as 25. Often an additional charge is levied on drivers who are under 25 years of age.

Our taxpayers are not happy to splash a billion pounds on a rocket to a desolate planet hundreds of millions of miles away. Yours are so more power to you, I'll come over and enjoy it.
Thanks
>google this
>"before you can go cruising down Route 66, you may need an International Driving Permit – available for just £5.50 from the Post Office."
It's like they read my mind.

You couldn't be a lot more tourist-friendly (in terms of laws) than Florida. Post a lot on Veeky Forums when you're in town and I'll buy you a beer.

"You may need" means it's useful especially if your driver's license isn't written in the Latin alphabet, but since you're Brit you should be good to go.

>spending time with an american
Have fun, OP. Fuck that.

enjoy our large yards
spacious open roads

and large cars

then realize that florida is one of the crappier states

What is not crappier from usa?

>2018 to go see the new NASA mars rocket lift-off
Neat, I think I'll have to road trip this and watch.

Grammar

Make sure you pick an appropriate rental car category or they'll try to feed you a fucking Toyota Corolla or something. When I went there I demanded an upgrade until they handed me a Grand Marquis.

>forgetting that euros always bitch about americans being too nice
>forgetting that the further south you go the nicer they get
t. Orlandofag

Op will feel right at home with the native population

OP can probably get himself a v6 challenger if he plays his cards right.

>people being nice
>this is a bad thing
This is a problem withthe world

But why would he want that nigger trash?

Or a rental Porsche if he has money. Hell even a Corvette if available: turo.com/car-rental/orlando/chevrolet-corvette-stingray/169324

Because it's faster than the bus you ride

I don't know how foreign driving works, but as someone who lives 2 miles from Kennedy Space Center and used to work at NASA before the big layoffs a few years ago.

A few things: Remember to drive on the right side of the road. There was an accident with a forner coworker who was in a wreck with a Britbong in a rental car who turned on the wrong side of the road, and clipped him.

Make it rain dem pounds, OP!
hertz.com/rentacar/productservice/index.jsp?targetPage=porsche.jsp

There's a guy in Orlando renting his Renntech tuned E63 AMG out.

you should be fine OP. Gas is cheaper here so go for something fun if you have the cash. Driving in the states is a lot of long straight roads with good visibility, unlike driving in the uk. And less of a chance of getting stuck behind tractors.

Speaking from reverse experience (American driving in uk) take 3 seconds before pulling onto the street. Remember traffic comes from the left and on the highway the right lane is the slow lane. We have much bigger roads so it shouldn't be too scary.

your loss, asswipe. Stay mad that we're better at hospitality, brewing, and space.

NASA rockets are cool and all, but SpaceX is where the magic happens

>brewing

MUH MICROBREWERIES