/twg/ - Total War General

#FreeCompanySwag edition

>The Grim and the Grave (Release: September 1st)
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Grim_Grave_Regiments
imgur.com/a/al2nU

>Regiments of Renown
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Regiments_of_Renown

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

OLD

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=690964860
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=723683891
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700071210
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=710294784
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rollan!

2nd for somebody please make a mod that removes Chaos so I don't have to fight them for 90% of every campaign.

G O B L I N S

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

>inb4 hur dur paying $8 for 9 reskins

There's also new units you fucking spergs

You realise Chaos is the only late-game threat right? They're not even hard to beat, just wait for them to come to you and wipe all their armies in like 2 turns.

Also, how the fuck is that taking 90% of your time? You too much of a pussy to start wars with your neighbours?

WE IZ GOBBOS

Fuck this I want my tomb kings

Gonna be nice seeing more heroes on this later.

>You realise Chaos is the only late-game threat right?
Probably because they wipe out the map at turn 60 instead of allowing powers to form like any other TW game ever.

>They're not even hard to beat, just wait for them to come to you and wipe all their armies in like 2 turns.
This is your defense? You're just arguing my point on what a shitty faction they are.

What fucking world do you live in where they wipe out at turn 60, the second wave doesn't come till like turn 100.

Also you were literally complaining about it taking 90% of your time, you just proved you can't win a fucking battle against them. Ever tried not being shit at the game?

Fine, I'll go look up your waifu and see what the fuss is about.
> According to Newman, there are three versions of Geneviève, one for each series (Warhammer Fantasy, Anno Dracula, and the Diogenes Club series). Each has a different middle name but each is a "trans-continual cousin".
> Their destinations included the Empire, Cathay (where she studied magic and martial arts), and Araby (where she was a slave). After Chandagnac's death, she worked at a vampire tavern for a century, before joining a band of adventurers. During this time and afterward, she became a mercenary, spy, a convent-dweller, an actress (for a single show) playing herself, a wanderer, and an assassin. After foiling a plot to start a war between vampires and humans, she settled down and married her lover, the playwright Detlef Sierck.
> Newman has stated that Geneviève is one of the most popular characters of Warhammer Fantasy

I feel gross after reading this waifushit.

What fucking world do you live in where the first wave doesn't wipe out everything 100% of the time?

>Also you were literally complaining about it taking 90% of your time
Yes, the vast majority of your mid and late game battles are going to be against Chaos. You will realistically fight only 2 enemies in your campaign unless you're Empire. Whatever your neighboring enemy is, and Chaos.

It's fucking boring.

>you just proved you can't win a fucking battle against them.
what?
>Ever tried not being shit at the game?
why are you so rustled I don't enjoy your shitty factions campaign impact?

Fucking pussy. Download a mod that makes them even harder.

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

>foiled a plot to start a war

This is fucking autistic, why would this person ever be put into the game when the vamp faction is meant to start wars with humans. It'd be like von Carstein not being at war with the templehof spergs

DRINK DA BREW

Dude you're literally so bad at the game you can't wipe out chaos, how fucking shit are you.

The only way I see the first wave wiping everything is if the AI is retarded on Easy/Normal difficulty cause I've never seen it happen and I haven't yet played a campaign below Hard. Which coincidentally makes you even worse for not being able to beat chaos quickly.

remove fungus

Prepared them already, only need the pictures from the online encyclopedia now!
I'm autistic enough that I also prepared for Wurzzag, Wood Elves & Bretonnia and new Orc&Dwarf LL's

KILL DA STUNTIES

G O B L I N S poster here, this makes me laugh every time

rolling for Sexvald the Magnificunt

>Dude you're literally so bad at the game you can't wipe out chaos, how fucking shit are you.
When did I ever say I can't wipe them out? I said I'm tired of them being the only faction on the map in the mid-late game, you illiterate faggot.

>
The only way I see the first wave wiping everything is if the AI is retarded on Easy/Normal difficulty cause I've never seen it happen and I haven't yet played a campaign below Hard. Which coincidentally makes you even worse for not being able to beat chaos quickly.
Oh look, more strawmen you pulled out of (You)r ass. Enjoy the last response, retard.

>Bretonnia
How? I thought the mod was fucked and no fix in sight.

If it's taking 90% of your time, you clearly can't wipe them out. It's straight up impossible to take that long unless you're so shit at the game you can't kill them off

>can't even quote properly

Dude you're literally so fucking autistic you can't even reply properly anymore

>not balanced by numbers
>not looking fancy in any way
>no Beastmen

>tfw when you made some shitty edit in Microsoft paint and people like it enough o keep posting it.

bret LL is playable in multi

He prepared a image for when they get released, and never said WHEN he did so. Could be some old shit from several months ago.

Also, female orcs when?

Remember when everyone thought that bretonnia would be the flc faction that would be released very soon after the games release.

I too wish to return to such an optimistic time

t. bretonnian player.

Yeah, but he's not me That's some other rolling chart that used my numbers but fucked everything up with Wurrzag and Bretonnia.
Also
>93-99 = reroll
>90-96 = Archaon
>DUBS = Bretonnia
It's a complete clusterfuck where nothing fits anymore

So they give you a big release only to ignore you and push your favorite faction to the side lines?
Why, that's just what games workshop did to bretts too, they must be making you feel at home!

why am i the only TW consumer who isn't an entitled manbaby? just shut the fuck up and buy our $9 reskins and more caster LLs while they still work on making magic viable at all.

CA is working so hard to make this the greatest game they can and you pissbabies just spit in their face like you could do better.

I always laugh when I get to Franz face

>viable at all

dude you have no idea wtf

>Net is op as fuck for putting your enemy in a shit position while you have your way with them
>Foot of Gork destroys cavalry
>Deathstar is based entirely on regen spell of vamps
>magic missle spells are essential for lord sniping strats
>winds of death (nuff said)
>runesmith buffs can result in unbreakable lines
>orcs have insane damage buffs

Because of the relationship between Brets and Wood Faggots it would make sense they would get a expansion for themselves.

Some of them are simple texture changes, others have new assets like new meshes and models.

So no, they're not all reskins.

A few powerful spells doesn't make up for the vast majority of weak spells. The entire Lore of Metal is a good example. There's a good buff and debuff in it, but nothing spectacular, and its damage spells are incredibly weak.

Even Lore of Fire is pretty weak.

Or alternatively

>throw Deathclaw into the enemy and get 300+ kills
>throw Grimgor into the enemy and get 300+ kills
>throw SLAYA KEENG into the enemy and get 300+ kills
>throw Kholek or Archaeon into the enemy and get 300+ kills

The only casting LLs that aren't shit are Mannfred and Malagor, and that's because Spirit Leech and Devolve are ridiculously strong to spam.

Considering that there's a very limited supply of magic there doesn't need to be some huge variety of spells.

What's a good Napoopan LP

Is Karl Franz the only normal Lord in Warhammer or is he a raging autist as well?

>devolve

Lmao

You know flock of crows is what people use after Devolve got nerfed right?

Also we aren't talking about just LLs, you can bring those and a proper caster for your race and it'll work

>not including sexvald the magnificunt

fucking heathen

No, that just makes those strong spells even more inefficient compared to melee lords.

__K
__A
F R A N Z
__L

I waited 10 years for bretonnia to update. and it never came.

I can honestly wait another 10 if i have to.

More like the only sane guy in the Empire, not just Legendary Lords.

Look at that smile.

Does that look like the smile of an autist to you, user?

>You know flock of crows is what people use after Devolve got nerfed right?
Nope, haven't played them since I beat it.

>Also we aren't talking about just LLs, you can bring those and a proper caster for your race and it'll work
You're just arguing my point. Having LL use shitty magic that's already available to heroes is a fucking waste when you could be leveling up a one man army melee LL.

>>not including sexvald the magnificunt
he's weak desu senpai

>normal
>literally a fucking retard who's even more smug about being emperor than Thorgrim is about being high-king
>Can't even use magic
>Deathclaw isn't even as cool looking as the jade griffon
>Base combat stats suck compared to other melee-based LLs
>Literally wishes he was as good as Hitler to the point he modeled the empire after germany but he comes of as some weird version of a nazi weeb

I enjoyed the Radious mod for FOTS

>You need a lord to cast spells

How autistic are you dude

you entire point was that magic isn't viable you fucking sperg. You didn't even mention LLs in your initial complaint, of course a fucking melee LL is better because they aren't constrained by the winds of magic and can dish out dps the whole time. Do you want it so you can spend the whole time casting spells on cooldown and wiping an army single handedly or some shit?

>Gatling Kisho Ninja Cavalry (Flying, Lore of Metal)
Based Radious

>reply to my comment about how magic is weak and melee LLs are better
>WHY ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT THE LL LOL U RETARD
k

Nice deflection idiot, try reading your initial post again where you just called all magic unviable

So, how the fuck do I keep the stunties alive as the Empire? I usually am quite busy trying to keep myself alive and I for once do not care for 6 doomstacks of waaah at my door.

Give dem moneys

Kill their normal enemies so they don't lose their armies

Ally with their allies so anyone who attacks them gets rekt on multiple fronts using the coordinate target feature.

>Tomb Keks
>Not Skaven who already have city on map

>Dumb Kangz
Maybe next year, they aren't gonna happen that soon

Russian leak puts Tomb Kings between Wood Elves and Skaven.

I would love to do all of that but:

>non aggression pact
>decline
>non aggression pact
>decline
>trade righta
>decline

The tomb kings aren't going to be FLC, this is retarded. The only faction that *might* be free is Brettonia cause those fuckers are already in the game, just no campaign and a roster that needs one or two units to flesh it out

That doesn't say Tomb Kings will be FLC. It clearly shows them in line with other paid DLC. Bretonnia will be the free faction, this has been all but confirmed when they said "we will never sell Bretonnia as DLC".

i stopped for awhile after blood knights came out. how's the beastmen and anything else that might have changed?

> Rushing battle worn Empire stack led by Karl Franz to aid Thorgrim besieged by Chaos at Kraka Drak (or whatever that far north dwarf hold is called)

DAWI

THE EMPIRE OF MAN SHALL REPAY ITS DEBT TODAY

>dickbag friend autoresolves a victory out of it somehow

Fucker.

Haven't played in a while, is the beastmen dlc really worth it? I know what it says in the OP, vestment and shaven are among my favorite factions, but I don't really enjoy chaos and I've heard vestment play similar to them. Add in the lack of major units and idk if I should buy at the price. Also blood and gore, all the steam reviews say it's crap.
>inb4 steam reviews

On an off-topic note just because Idk where else to ask, does anyone know where to play fantasy battles online?

Are you a sperg?

Blood Knights were free
Amber Wizard was free
Lore of Beasts was free with the Amber Wizard

the image literally says "Forthcoming Free DLC" how autistic are you

Beastmen are fun and probably the best horde CA ever implemented but it's a bit too pricey for the amount of content.
Blood & Gore is great, Steam Reviews are negative because most of the children don't understand age ratings.

>predicted FLC DLC
>DLC
>Call of the Beastmen
>Grim and Grave
>Wood Elves
Now stop being retarded

>"FLC"
>"paid DLC"

It's not hard to understand the difference you retard

Call of the Beastmen is not part of that schedule, it just happens to coincide with the timing for obvious fucking reasons.

Wood Elves and Brets has to be released at the same time. They have too much in common for them to be released seperately.

I sure hope you're just baiting

Realized my post says vestment and shaven instead of beastmen and skaven, damn phone

Thanks user

Are you too stupid to admit you can't read?

I guess i'm not in too much of a rush, and willing to wait it out until a sale. I was never too much of a warhammer enthusiast, but the beastmen do sound right up my alley, and it's nice to hear that they've got the horde mechanics down.

i'm utterly indifferent about blood and gore though. i really don't mind it being a payed dlc, as i don't think it's any less of an experience with or without blood. that said, i might pick it up if it goes on sale or gets bundled with the call of the beastmen for whatever reason.

thanks for the reply, as it's helped me sort out my feelings.

Skaven race best race, all other races inferior, also Thanquol is true disciple and avatar of horned rat.

I just made a mod that made basic stunties recruitable from the hold. It made them far more survivable.

How easy is it to mod Total Warhammer? Any tutorials out there?

I used magnar's pfm tutorial. you want me to upload it to steam senpai?

What the fucking hell isnt with now half the maps having a chaos corruption weather. Can CA do anything right?

> Tomb Kings still not announced

I can't believe brett is stilll not out

MAN you just made me realize I want seasons in Total Warhammer super bad.

bored of vanilla TWW, any mod suggestions?

Whatever you do, don't get radious.

That being said, most mods suck ass and are just throwing in units that make no sense or are stupid OP

Mousillon Reskin + Faction unlocker
Proper Combat for M2 like battle duration

Normally I'm not using mods because they make me enjoy the game less.

Corruption was a mistake.

looking at increasing lord levels. it affects the AI too so it wouldn't make me retarded op or anything, right?

At least make it interesting. Purple clouds on the horizon forbidding and flashing with warp lightning, lashing black rain staining the soldiers, leering mocking faces appearing in the trees, not just this generic red fog. Chaos corruption should be CHAOTIC.

You can either do the increase lord levels or increase skill points per level mod, both are actually absurdly OP. Imagine having full buffs to your army AND being unbeatable in combat

The most popular lord mod is the one that increases max level to 60, adds a fuckton of new skills, and gives three points per level because of all the new skills.

The skills range from semi-balanced to insanely powerful.

Most of the mods I use remove the artifical difficulty in the campaign, like the public order penalty and bonuses.

Basically several of this guy's mods;
>steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=690964860

I also strongly recommend this unit mod, it adds Nuln Ironsides which are very, very well made, including a custom unit card that actually fits;
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=723683891

And T4 minor settlments;
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700071210

And finally this guys set of garrison mods;
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=710294784

I also use a few minor tweaks but not worth linking. Just browse the workshop for mods that interest you.

Is there anyway to reform an army that was previously killed in Rome 2? My first legion had a few traditions, but then was killed after a few battles. Is there a way to restart that legion and get the traditions back?

I'm pretty sure you can reinstate legions in R2 when you hire a new general to form a new army. Should be three options at the bottom, Raise Army, Raise Fleet, Reinstate

>And T4 minor settlments;
I've been considering this mod in the hope it'll mean the AI can muster up better armies, seems the AI loooooves to build their recruitment buildings outside of main settlement limiting themselves severely!!

Yeah that's it. Apparently I'm blind and didn't see that when I made my last army. Thanks.

MANNFRED WAS WEAK

>>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=710294784
>Is this compatible with Radious?
On every fucking mod.

Anyone tried Less Blood and Gore mod?

I have grown tired of the over the top amount of blood and how it just kinda splotches everywhere.

Is it good?