1994 Honda Civic Del Sol Misfire

So I recently went to do my smog test and didn't pass. Long story short, after a tune up, my car started to jump when I'd be below 25 MPH and also when I'd be in a complete stop, it'd turn off. halp

So far I've checked the spark plugs, gap, and fuel injectors.

what did you do/replace for this "tune up?"

>ff
why even bother

not like this comments helping the guy either...

Are you getting an engine code? Is the check engine light on?

cables, oil change, spark plugs, and the ignition coil

nothing at all

Make sure the battery and it's grounds are secured. I thought my car was misfiring but it turned out the battery was sliding around the tray and bouncing up and down. Clamped it down and instantly fixed it

I remember I was getting a lot of misfires when stopped and never getting a check engine light code. Take out your spark plugs and check if they're covered in oil or not.

Problem found.

everything is stable

what does that mean?

Everything is connected there too

they be a mechanical part inside of that black thing. i could be broken

they be a mechanical part inside of that white thing. it could be broken

When you did your tune up did knock around the distributer at all you might have fucked the timing up

can you stop being retarded please?

lurk more

may sound dumb but what about idle air control or airflow/maf sensor

i did a tuneup on my car last year and after i changed out the plugs and wires my mass airflow gave me a loopy idle. thought it was the plugs and or the wires.

I also had another time in a saturn i did plugs and after i changed them i was getting a big misfire which after 2 sets of plugs and wires later turned out to be the fuel filter.

could someone get a custom valve cover for an older non vtec engine that says earthdreams instead of vtec on it so they look less like ricers?

No, but I'm having a friend come here in a few. I think it could be the timing.
I didn't do the tune up, some other guy did and ripped me off (long day, I should've done the tune up myself)

Yeah sounds like it's prob the problem do yourself a favor and invest in a timing light innova makes a decent one for 30

Not too familiar with car parts senpai, but is it the black square box by the ignition coil?

circle it

MAF is along the intake piping. It'll have a connector going to it. They usually look something like this

Did you use oem parts?

Black square box

that's adjacent to my engine. what am i supposed to look for on that?

Stuff from Autozone and O'reily

It may be dirty. You can buy aerosol MAF cleaner and spray the MAF after you remove it from the car. Just make sure not to rub or touch the sensor inside with anything but the spray. Don't use compressed air either.

Actually, it turns out you don't have a MAF, you have a MAP sensor, which is on the throttle body. I don't think you can clean those, so you would have to just remove it and replace it.

How about the idle controls? Are there any valves or whatnot attached to the plenum that could stick and prevent proper idle air delivery?

done

Yeah, I then realized.
Anywho, what about the alternator?

none*

Hondas are picky. They need oem ignition components. Nkg or denso spark plugs and wires