Interested in the Fiesta ST but wanted to hear from any owners on here

Interested in the Fiesta ST but wanted to hear from any owners on here.

Dimension wise, is it really cramped inside the car?
The trunk area looks stupid small, how much can be fit back there?

Or would i be better off going for a Focus ST?

Not looking to make power or throw it around corners, just DD.

Oh and what color of the paint would be the most bland and generic of the bunch?

Was thinking of going Silver and debadging

Silver is always the most bland color on a car, prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.

Exactly thats why i was looking at that color.
I need this car to stay under the radar and have a bit of a sleeper look

It'll have ST badges. Not very sleeper like.

>what is debadging

I already mentioned debadging in the OP you filthy mormoset

>marmoset*

>Debadging
Just as bad as stance.

>removing visual clutter
>on par with degrading vehicle longevity and performance
Are you even trying?

Nope.

Come on girls, no need for this.
Just want to know the dimensions of the inside, no time for going out and checking them out myself right now

No one will really know what the fuck ST means. People think it's just an econobox.

No, it's pretty spacious inside. The cupholder in the door pushes into my left leg though.

It's nice as a DD because of how well it turns. I get 31 mpg in rush hour traffic.

depends on the quality senpai

I own one. It's cramped. The interior is shitty. The trunk is horrid. No one will want to sit in the back. 3 children would feel packed in.

But god damn is the little fucker fun. Every time I drive it feels special. It never gets old. But from the sound of it, you really don't need the ST at all so you would probably be better off with the inferior yet more practical focus.

>not looking to make power or throw it around corners, just DD
Then a 6 speed mazda3 would be a much better choice
>same MPGs
>way more space
>a million times more reliable
>a million times better interior
>cheaper
The only downside is that it's a lot slower, but it's plenty fast enough for a DD.

Dude if you're not looking to make power or throw into corners, you don't need an ST. The ST's are literally designed to be tossed around and make power.

Buy a base model focus and you'll be happy, I promise you. They make surprising power and are spacious and comfy for a hatchback.

There's plenty of room for the driver and front passenger but rear leg room sucks and the trunk is pretty small

Jordan?

The Fiesta was the segment leader (alongside the Honda Fit) when it was introduced. It was the most refined and had the most features, albeit it sacrificed some storage space compared to the Fit.

It's been many years since then, though, and the interior will feel a bit on the chintzy side, especially for the price. It's forgiveable when you're talking about a $14,000 base model, but when you're throwing down close to $25,000 it kind of hurts. The only saving grace is that it comes with Recaros.

That being said, I would've bought the latest Fiesta ST (updated infotainment system and display, among other things) if not for the fact that there should be a new Fiesta (and Fiesta ST) in the next year or year and a half that's going to be a significant update.

It's a good commuter op, nice space know the inside, decent trunk, rear seats fold down, Yada Yada. The Focus is only slightly bigger on the inside, mostly in the rear seats and trunk.

The back seats are usable but I wouldn't recommend them for a long drive.

Drive it! It's a ton of fun, great commuter. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

I have a European model, not sure how much help I am here because it has two doors rather than four.

It feels perfectly fine in the front seats in terms of space. Back seats have good head room and leg room is OK. I've had 4 people in the car with no complaints. 5 people is squishy though.

Build quality is good on my euro model, probably because it was made in Germany. I feel bad for your US models made in Mexico, with all the rattling. Also, get molten orange. Just trust me on it, it looks good in the sun where photos can't do justice

White > Silver

Stays cool in the sun and looks classy.

Yeah. Casuals aren't gonna give it a second look. Even I had to get up close behind one to identify it as an ST.

The size difference between the Fiesta and the Focus is about the same as the size difference between the Focus and Fusion. Don't know if I would bother getting the ST model if you aren't looking for power and throwing it around. The standard levels of trim will offer the same amenities more or less.

Not OP, but is the quality control better with the ST than the standard Fiesta? My sister's Fiesta SE has all sorts of problems.
>multiple door latches failed
>twice wouldn't start, had to be towed
>window motor failure

Maybe just a lemon, but goddamn...

Seems like it is all I can say, but I also treat my car well so who's to know really.

She also has the dual-clutch auto which is known to be extremely shitty. It fucking lurches around from a stop and Ford says this is normal... LOL

Best colour.

Cramped? In the drivers seat, kinda. Depends on if you're a fat fuck or hugely tall. Back seat, yes. You will hit your head if you are over 6 feet tall and in the back.

Trunk space is stupid small. However, like most cars, you can fold the back seats down and it's not a huge problem.

The car is stupid quick and fun. Back end likes to step out if you turn traction off. Launching the car gives you torque steer for the first 2-3 seconds and it makes it super fun. Don't get it twisted though, this not a fast car. Its also not easy to make it fast. It takes mods easily, but you're not going to get crazy gains or anything.

I'd say the worst parts of owning the car has been the size and the interior. Size can't really be helped and interior is really what you get for the price. You're getting a lot of car for not a lot of money. It's really a $16k car with go fast parts and suspension.

>fiesta std

i've driven on a couple of occasions with four people in the car for a couple hours, one of whom was a six-foot dude (both times, actually), and nobody complained. adequate, if not exceptional. it's not a good interior. it's built fine, and the materials are okay, but i don't like the touchscreen, the climate control layout is terrible, and the overall design is boring. sound quality from the radio isn't good, though the bluetooth and voice recognition work great. one doesn't buy this car for the interior.

the trunk isn't huge, but you have the benefit of piling upwards and you can fold the seats. i carry my road bike around in it but i have to pop off the front wheel. the opening's not massive.

the FoST is bigger and more powerful but the handling is less tight, less cohesive. it's enough power to make me giggle, but i wouldn't say no to some more (same power/weight as the 86 twins).

i don't have the Recaro seats but i've sat in them and they are..they're not worth $2000, but i want them. maybe $1000.

i've driven a bunch of regular Fiestas and they're okay, but the ST suspension and steering is really an improvement, and the torque curve with the 1.6 turbo is fantastic. i sold my NA Miata and bought this, and while the handling characteristics are entirely different, the FiST is similar in making me want to drive like a hoon all the time.

i mean i would suggest op needs a real car that still has plenty of vroom with space

grab a used bimmer OP if you can afford it

Its pretty cool for being so small, but focus st is neat too.
Dig the fiesta more

the magnetic (grey) color looks nice. hides dirt, blends in really well

fun car, but like everyone else said, cramped. the back was able to fit my 5'9 350lb fatass friend, and the front can fit my 6'7 skinny pal too, but it's only really viable for short trips. 3 people would be the absolute max you could roadtrip with if you ever wanted to do that, and even then the backseat person would need to stretch out over the seats

trunk space is small, but you can fit shit you don't care under the panel by the spare, so that's handy.

and debadging is a must. that fiesta logo in cursive is fucking terrible

pic related is mine, and no I didn't paint the calipers. it came like that with the painted wheels when I bought it