11 hours until free practice of 2016's 24 hrLe Mans

11 hours until free practice of 2016's 24 hrLe Mans

Friendly reminder that the race itself starts on saturday
So tell me Veeky Forums, how are you preparing yourself to this year's Le mans

Other urls found in this thread:

vipleague.me/motorsports/393579/1/le-mans-practice---le-mans-24-hours-practice-live-stream-online.html
youu.mooo.com/wl/wat-live.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>how are you preparing yourself to this year's Le mans

Writing up yet another 700 pages of shitposts as to why Group C was the GOAT era of le mans and preparing to share it with everyone in all Le Mans threads on /sp/ and Veeky Forums, as i've done the for last 6 years

I stopped preparing. After ESPN bought Speed Channel to kill it, the coverage has sucked worse and worse each year. I think we got 7 hours of coverage last year. I cancelled cable after that.

AWL

Begin the drive down to France at 8AM tomorrow. I am ready.

Triggering GM fangirls before they get BTFO by Ford.

Replace with Veeky Forums

PLEASE SOMEONE POST A LIVESTREAM OF IT
No TV where I'm at.
Or someone archive it, I'll watch it later

>Not actually going to the biggest motor race in the world
And you guys call yourselves car enthusiasts.

Can you pay my plane ticket pls?

don't want to get shot in france.

No

No Stream for Free Practice it seems, Tonights Quali should be streamed though.

this
>be european
>get bombed

Check Eurosport

vipleague.me/motorsports/393579/1/le-mans-practice---le-mans-24-hours-practice-live-stream-online.html

RAIN IN 30 MINUTES

If 'hurr durr muh depression' doesn't kick in I'll stay up the entire 24h shitposting here and with my beloved famfags in GTPlanet.

Gonna need a pirate livestream though because I live in a third world hellhole.

PS: Who Kamui Kobayashi here? Never liked TTE much but he's one of my favourite active drivers. Rooting for either him or Webber, although Lotterer may win my heart back for Audi if he pulls some overtaking shit like he did in 2011 (anybody got the .gif of him overtaking the 908 and the 'Vette coming to the Ford chicane?)

'sup Veeky Forums
Reporting from the pits, it's warm and comfy in here

Is it you Ferrari Challenge mechanic?

Acestream of Slavshit Eurosport broadcast for practice

14a24b30252b9fc61a86635d9b60125940a67093

use it in conjunction with RLM.

Yes, I forgot my trip but I don't think that's a big issue

If we bring a Twingo plushy will you let us into your garage?

How many spare engines did you guys bring for the 488s? Is engine gonna be a problem for the 24h?

CLM on fire
>ByKolles

I can take a picture of it on a car if you can somehow leave a plushy somewhere I can find it

I'm not working on 488s, I'm with a P2
They brought a couple of engines per car I think.
The usual routine for pretty much everyone here is to use free practice as a break in for the race engine and other wear components, then change engine for the Thursday qualifying, then racing with the first engine again and use the second as an emergency spare. It's either that or another combo of two or three engines.

Once the car is qualified you can't change engines anymore or you will be moved to the back of the grid (and engine changes during the race are forbidden), so it has to have serious problems before you choose to change the engine between quali and the race

Anyway I think they can make it to 24hrs unless they start eating debris like in Spa

Hello, Veeky Forums youu.mooo.com/wl/wat-live.html

I will find a way to leave a plushy somewhere. Which team?

I don't know how I'm going to prepare myself.

>Picked up new motorbike Saturday (Pic related)
>Working weekend
>Want to ride out to Anglesey for shits and giggles after work Saturday
>Want to watch 24h straight through but need sleep for work

Halp.

Just tell me where you are leaving it and i'll pick it up (possibly inside the paddock)

I won't know how things are laid out until I'm there, will advise when I'm on site

thanks based trk

Have you worked on P2s before? What are the biggest differences between working in a P2 team compared to a GT?

Magnificeng bastards, I'm gonna be completely dependant on you this weekend!

>GROOB C Nostalgiafags
you people are cancer

Absolutely based

i'll be back for quali tonight at 10pm Local time (9pm BST)

>buy eurosport playert access last year
>eurosport 1 is streamed as 480p, eurosport2 as 720p
oh come on, pirated streams are better

The 488s in GTE-Pro are already quicker than last years qualifying

There are two areas in the main paddock, the outer one where most of the hospitality buildings and the parc fermee are, and the inner one, where the pits and the access to the grandstands are. There is an even outer are where they built a small village with museums, bars and souvenirs shop and a bunch of car parkings.

You need a different pass to access the inner one than the outer one ( I suppose it costs more money).
You'll see when you get here, you can hide it Anywhere in these two areas, just not where the shops and bars are because that place is a clusterfuck.

P2s are infinitely easier to work on than GTs, once you remove the bodywork it's basically the same as a formula car. Closed cockpits are a bit more unfriendly to work on, but it's still nothing compared to GTs.
Generally tools are better, things are necessarily more precise, there is a lot of attention to details and the amount of electronics involved is absolutely insane, I don't even want to think about the amount of sensors and miles of cables a P1 probably has.
This is my fourth year with a P2.

They have been quicker than 458s for the whole season IIRC, they will probably get massive penalties from the BoP in the following races (probably even this one, I expect a smaller air restrictor or less fuel tank capacity)

what is your position on the team?

Managing tires.
I've tried refueling once, it was awful

How did it taste?

You got a photo of the RFID chip that is on every wheel?

Good luck breh!

Tastes like being too afraid of catching fire with a 200liter fuel tank right above your shoulders

You mean those embedded in the tires? Those are..well, embedded in the rubber so I can't take a picture of those. There is just a white marker to show where the chip is so people know where to put the scanner

FORD NO

I see, guess makes sense to make them unaccessible for the teams

Why is everyone losing control and crashing so much in practice?

Wouldn't you just want to chill and play it safe?

Having something break in practice is infintely better than having it break in race.

They drive the cars as they would on race to make sure it will actually hold up, especially since most of those are running new engines. Naturally shit does break, and they have time to find out why and fix it.

Thanks brah

Yeah well, the chips are actually not used by the organisation, they are used by the tire manufacturer for logistic purposes.
The marshalls use a barcode on the tire to see of you are cheating or not

I will find a place to put it and then post in this, or the next most relevant, thread

If you were wondering how a quadruple paraplegic gets in and out of the car

Oh wow didnt know that, I think even news outlets so far reported that they use the RFID chips to check if a team is mixing tire sets

in which team are you? i want to support your team while watching it.

also, i'm doing the gt5 24h of le mans with 2 more buddies, following them at the same time

What stream is everyone in here watching?

good luck with getting out of the car in case of fire

Practice just ended 10 minutes ago

the acestream in this post, seems to be russian eurosport and only because WEC didn't have practice on their official streaming which seems stupid.

>Couldn't push the car 24hr because the engines were time bombs above a certain boost/power level

It's funny how the total output of the current P1-H is that of the old Group C cars. But seriously as cool as Group C was, it had a number of issues. The current age of P1 Hybrids is just as, if not more exciting.

im not him, but i'll swoop into this thread just to say that GC was certainly far more exhilarating than LMP1. For all the technological and safety advancement, today's prototype racing is just disappointing

h-how does he drive

It gets opinionated, I find the quality of the racing itself on another level. How much the guys have to push themselves because the machinery is safe enough and reliable enough plus BoP makes it more about driver skill. Where back in the day the risk factor was what made it entertaining.

youu.mooo.com/wl/wat-live.html

we live

Thank you based trk

Who /ford/ here

yes

>his car costs less than 100k

>and then he said it was fast

>he doesn't have a truck
>he must be a cuck

>he over compensates

>bernie supporter
>not the supreme cuck

>rclb
>overcompensating
>"and then he said we couldn't shag in his nissan because the bucket seats where to small"

>his truck takes longer than 5.8 seconds to reach 60

Nice '65. Too bad its a 6 cylinder

>his car is faster than 20 seconds to 60

>his mom takes 60 cocks in the same amount of time

>pushrods

What is it about old humble engineering that makes it feel so comfy?

>he doesn't know pushrods push gods

I agree. eventually I am going to find a running 351w and throw it in. I just need to collect the parts (engine, fuel pump if I go electric, crossmember, brake upgrade because lol4wheeldrums) and get someone to swap it in.

Is there a thread on /sp/ yet? This one has already been ruined by cancer

But the ford 300 is god tier

giant windows, unobtrusive dashboards, massive engine room and a ton of space everywhere
>that comfy in cab gas tank that you here sloshing

>and then he said "gm has won lemans"

it's reliable but it is a pig.

I have 66. Converted to a set of front disks from a 76. Best thing I ever did on that truck. Luckily mine came with the 352 so no issues doing motor swap up to my 390.
Had a 300 in my bronco- good engine but more potential in a 351.

how hard was the swap? also post pics

Yeah 351w is also god

Sec I'm on tablet- I'll go get some pics.
Sawp is literally 8 bolts.
2 bolts for beams 2 nuts for radius arms 2 bolts for shocks, 2 retainers on springs.
Plus brake lines.
Everything is direct bolt on

what did you have to do for a metering block?

Rear fender is a custom one off I've been working on for a very long time.
Trucks been in cold storage for 12 years, just dragged it to me new home a couple weeks ago

I pulled the one from the donor 76.
Although I need an adjustable, my step side is way too light in the ass end.

One off radius arms.
.250 wall chromoly extensions and mounts are .250 chromoly also.

cool shit man, good luck!

Who fucking cares about your truck, go make another thread about it

Its called bumping a slow thread.
Chill out dude. Stick around, maybe you'll learn something.
You also need the rod that goes from the brake pedal into the dual master cylinder. Its longer than the one in the single.

assmad gm fangirl spotted

Can you not download new reaction images? Barely the middle of the month and already hitting data caps.

>this assmad

>assmad nissan fangirl spotted

neat. I need to do the swap at some point. Ideally I want 4 wheel disks but I don't know how much harder that is.

If you want to lift it, now is the time.
I did a custom bend on my beams, about 3". Place in San Diego called autofab- john does amazing work and is one of gods in the twin I beam world.
I just used the 76 beams, the the 65's/66's are forged.

>he doesn't have disk brakes