/edg/ & /scg/: Elite: Dangerous & Star Citizen General

Previous thread: Welcome to the merged general of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
[YouTube] Star Citizen: 2016 Gamescom Live Alpha 3.0 Demo (embed)

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing.
Here's a pastebin with games you can play while waiting for SC to be finished or for E:D to be fun:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

officialrecords.broward.org/OncoreV2/showdetails.aspx?id=60086811&rn=0&pi=0&ref=search
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>That feeling when ship with best HUD can't fly around Crusader.

It's so nice when you can actually read everything.

hosting parties in my t9 cargo rack when?

2.5 when?

You forgot to put thread number 21 in the OP.

The Cobra being the only ship facing sideways is what's tickling my autism

repost

What specs do you have to play SC without constant dips. Backed from day 1, just recently fired up the test client for the first time to be nigh unplayable.

awkwardddd

CIG, hire this guy and then give me a ship for helping acquire him

Fucking liar, I want to punch that deformed face of him so badly.

>didn't move the radar globe down so it's not so close to the crosshairs

Are you playing single player or multi? You'll get bad FPS in multi regardless because of the bad netcode.

Added proper Corvette and Cutter models.

Should be the other way around. SC should have blue names and E:D orange.

The baby PU is server network, and not client machine. I've gotten beautiful 60 FPS before on the PU, only to have it drop once more people joined.

Gtx 970 and Ivy Bridge i5 will easily get you 60 FPS in Arena at least.

How CPU bound is it?

did we already have that much?

See

wait, theres a single player? The menu is so badly explained and laid out i never even knew

Probably cause it's the only ship wider than it is long.

Vanduul Swarm and Free Flight

Arena Commander - Drone Sim

That's singleplayer. No SP PU to my knowledge.

>think of this a a game of thrones game

Wait, what?

Ah, i see

Well, guess I better wait another few years for a stable test client.

it actually uses hyperthreading, so eventually, very. right now: meh.

you ill need a quad core though

>tfw no hull ship at $150
Why did they make such a massive jump from B to C?

they knew everyone will want C

Should be December this year.

Not too bad. Currently a bug with core 0 maxing out though. And the networking sends too many updates which tax the CPU.

I have a very old i7 950, OC'd to 4GHz, and I just got a 1080, haven't found a game that put my CPU to 100%, not even SC, but it runs TERRIBLY, so I was wondering that.

source?

> I think, by their very nature, some roles on a ship are going to always be less instantly impactful than others
>less instantly impactful than others
Interesting way to say 'shit'

I used to have an old first gen i5 and that thing was never the bottleneck.

I run a 22 core Xeon, although I've got an empty second sockt and hope to run a second one.

Updated Idris size and shape to new fat frigate-Idrii

Black or yellow for the Drake Dragonfly?

Yellow is more interesting but black should make a harder target. I am picking one up on the grey market and can't decide.

>22 core xeon
That's not good for gaming user...

And because they want people to consider moving onto the internally-held cargo path at that stage rather than dedicating to external-cargo ships. They're basically two different playstyles; High value internal cargo transporter vs low value external pods

Go yellow, it'll be worth something in the PU because it's exclusive to the concept sale

Yellow is sexier but if it's more expensive then don't bother

No, it definitely is. Let's me multi task, I like to work on my art commisions in photoshop while doing long cargo runs listening to music and sometimes hosting a server for a mate or rendering After Effect while gaming.

I'm at an impasse, I'm looking for a nice HOTAS setup that will last.

Obviously Saitek is out immediately. The price is nice for the features but the build quality is shit--what should I expect from a Mad Catz subsidiary?
I'd love to get the TM Warthog of course but I don't feel comfortable spending $400 for HOTAS.

I've been looking at the CH brand Fighterstick to start with but most standalone throttles either suck shit (too light for resistance so it goes all over the desk, linear movement) or are $250-300. Could anyone recommend a decent pairing without spending half a paycheck?

Why can't an A grade courier kill a fucking cobra MKIV?

I've just read I'll check SP when I get back to my rig in two weeks...

The X-55 is GOOD for its money

Did you look at the upcomming TH Hotas? Should be plenty buttons for $120. Looking at it to replace my X52.

because you are literally trash

an A grade courier can stand toe to toe with most anything that lands on a small pad

IIrc it was said that you could get the Yellowjacket in the PU but it will be much rarer

Still better than what AMD has to offer at this point in time. You could run the game 5 times with it.

>twist

no

is there a released game that looks as good as elite but isn't just space truck simulator?

>Mad Catz
>No guaranteed warranty, could be anywhere from 90 days to 2 years and they're very picky
>Support is dancing around my questions about warranty info
>200 dollarydoos
I don't think so senpai

I've had my eye on it, looking to see what the throttle is like before I even consider purchasing
Also
Fucking this

Used my x52 for 2 years without any problems.

Why can't a sidewinder kill an elite corvette?

Tried staying behind his ass but in the end we were both staring at each other, and even tho i had thee fixed beams i kept loosing every headon and got to 63% hull before even disabling his shields

choices are warthog, ch or vkb then

T.16000 and a ch throttle.

Just lock it m8. But other than that I only looked at some expensive CH shit.

Does Logitech make Hotas anymore or did they stop after their first attempt?

Then get a CH combat/fighter stick

I JUST WANTED TO SAY

That merging the threads was the best decision ever, haven't had so much fun in... ever.

Please don't split them when the normies flood and we have more numbers of shitposters than needed ;_;

>try out a titan
>overheat 3 times trying to get through a hornet's shields while he just sits there

They aren't actually planning on releasing the game like this are they?

I really want a second one, I managed to get it for only $500 on ebay. It's a slightly used E5-2699 v4.

X52s made pre MadCatz takeover are still good. I got one and it's been going for 6 or so years now.

They gave up on the mid and high end market after their last hotas failed.(great stick but they charged too damn much for it) They just make the cheapass g13 stick now

I would recommend going with a x52/pro yes there are quality control issues because of Mad Catz but I still think it is the most solid entry in the X what ever line up from Saitek.
Mine has been solid, although there is a fear is will crap out on me electronics repair so it dose not bug me personally. In the end the savings justifies the quality gamble for me.

But yeah wait and see how this guy turns out Looks pretty good so far.

Shame I almost got that system back then but heard the throttle jumped ranges in places.

We'll have to eventually split once SC releases in full, as org posting and just it generally being actually alive will make E:D posts get lost in a sea of SC. But that's still a few years away, so enjoy it while it lasts.

We'll always be fellow space cadets, though, comrade.

Some cocksucker decided all Gatling guns should overheat superfast. They'll probably adjust it back when they do the next big item overhaul

KWA>kong>ved

Has anyone tried using two sticks instead of HOTAS? Does it work well?

OH FUCK

i just found a bunch of images I saved from when SC was initially announced. I remember the /v/ thread planning our empire and how we would kill all rediitors.

posting what i have

I spend about double for the clockspeed on a 5960X and I am pleased with my 45-50% oc on it.
Don't need the core count for my little PS or Premiere work.

>No guaranteed warranty
I live in Europe
>200 dollarydoos
Got it for 140 or so.

The original idea was to all buy the shittiest ships we could, fit them with powerful weapons and engines and just use them to swarm

A richfag would buy the top tier ship for us to use as a homebase, raiding and plundering our way across the galaxy.

cringy shit

Do you have the one where it's a bunch of space games being destroyed by EA and then Chris Roberts flies in to save the day. That image was so full of optimism.

>org posting

There was some pretty good OC made in those first few threads, where did all that optimism go?

Searching for it, im pretty ure i do

/v/ is ADHD: the board. If something takes any amount of time they get super butthurt and start crying vaporware and scam.

What for? It worked for Steel Batallion but I see no reason to replace the throttle with another stick, that'd just be an oversized xbox controller.

So you don't have to twist to yaw.

The cucking happened, so /v/ became just so much worse

this one may not be as nostalgic as the others but it's still something

Now I just had a terrible idea.

Bind pitch and roll to the right stick as usual. Yaw to the left stick. Throttle to a set of pedals from a racing wheel.

Pedals. The really cheap TM for the PS3 I had also had some left right axis for that on the throttle.

officialrecords.broward.org/OncoreV2/showdetails.aspx?id=60086811&rn=0&pi=0&ref=search

>Derek Smart loses his home, along with his shit

Can someone in Florida document this, TMZ style?

>almost 2 years ago

I bought ED on August 12 and have since clocked 100 hours.

I ALMOST enjoy this game, part of it is obviously nostalgia because I played the shit out of First Encounters as a kid.

But I love the open galaxy, the combat, sounds, cool ships and the RNG politics going on.

But it gets grindy as fuck. And Frontier could add so much cool stuff into this instead they add lunar fucking rovers and hurr passenger missions.

How to fix this game? And no, deleting supercruise is not the way to do it, ED needs to be a slow game.

SC 2.5 and Reliant Game Package when?

Pedals on an office chair are awful.

Some people swear by dual stick set ups. And it's not bad for games like SC where you don't need to nurse a throttle constantly. But there just aren't a lot of good left hand stick options. Basically just the thrustmaster 1.6000 and the ch flight stick.

>where did all that optimism go?

Reddit.

>And Frontier could add so much cool stuff into this
So what cool stuff would you add?

>2.5
Sometime this week hopefully
>Reliant game package
Hopefully never, Reliant is trash

No one in this thread is crazy enough to live in Florida.

My hotas is the 40 buckaroo cheapy. Thrustmaster somwthing.

I bound super cruise and jump to the twist and roll to the throttle buttons

Its a work in progress and i admit i suck at flying.

Not him
All i would add is player guilds and guild controlled system
Give players a fucking reason to play together

I'm actually interested in that setup because the throttle allegedly has an analog thumbstick.

And because I hate my spring & plate x52 pro.

Never had issues but that's personal preference I guess.