Alicesoft/Rance General #531
Last thread: Karma Edition

FAQ: pastebin.com/SiHaMJ5v
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/jumUkvv6
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536

Rance World Notes: mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit
Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

Upcoming

Rance 5D, Rance VI (ENG) - Winter, possibly 2016. High resolution, decensored $35 bundle from Mangagamer

Rance X - Announced

Just Released

Tsumamigui 3 Extra
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2069021

Rance 01 OVA Episode 4
Raws
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2057092
Subbed
mega.nz/#!vMdTEbzI!MPOvbZ0pKh669t2GKtEi-fqa8JMu-FfHAXBOVrKu9PY

Recent Releases

Beat Blades Haruka (ENG)
buy from Mangagamer if you want to buy
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1949364
Physical Edition out 1th July 2016

Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
January 2016 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 3 (JAP/ENG)
October 2015 - Blade Briders OVA (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/263xgs6x3n6grbw/Widenyo.7z
mediafire.com/download/tttvs78kg2te8b1/Slash_Thrust_Burn.7z
exhentai.org/g/478023/64d2eda95d/
exhentai.org/g/480388/c26a2fc51f/
hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hentai-game-discussion/tools-and-tutorials/411001-ithvnr-ith-with-the-vnr-engine
amaenboda.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/an-aero-gamers-guide-to-using-atlas/3/#The Bare Essentials
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck, this is thread #532.
To whoever makes the next one, remember to change it to 533.

I haven't played Quest. Does Karma want to grow up to be Uruza?

わいどにょ_000.asd is the savefile.

Damn, a new thread! So to the user with mediafile upload of Widenyo - im here dude

I'm uploading. Will take about 20 minutes. As soon as it's done I'll post the download link. Just make sure to delete the save file to be able to start fresh.

There's an Erase Data option as soon as you start the game.

She has level 2 thief skill. The pic is drawn to reflect that.

Okay, user. Here's the link:
mediafire.com/download/263xgs6x3n6grbw/Widenyo.7z

Karma looks like a loli Kath.

Awesome, thank you!

That can only be a good thing

It's a wonderful thing.

Im getting this thing. Should i place the game into some specific folder or change the locale?..

>change the locale

Yes.

They really do look a like by comparison now. I wonder if they based Kath on it. They do like to reuse stuff.

Nice, works like a charm now.

So, anyone got a no bullshit link to STB?

I do. I can upload it to my mediafire and give you a link.

>I do. I can upload it to my mediafire and give you a link.
That would be fantastic. When you're done, it should also be stuck on the FAQ.

You may have just stole 2 weeks of my life.

STB is more like 2 hours, don't get your hopes up.

I tried to clean it up a bit but the result is not very noticeable.

There, that should work:
mediafire.com/download/tttvs78kg2te8b1/Slash_Thrust_Burn.7z

Pre-patched and all. Savefiles are still present though. Just hit New to play a new game.

Lia suffering from some serious asymmetrical tit problems.

I'm the user that's provided download links for Widenyo and Slash Thrust Burn!

I have every game translated by the old 2.0 translations team, so if anyone wants a download link, I can upload them to mediafire and give a link.

Perhaps I can remove the savedata files and re-up them onto mediafire, then we can add the links to the FAQ to replace all the dead ones?

I just realized how fucking hype I am for the inevitable Ontology remix in X.

Just like Slavers in IX?

Whose got the biggest jugs in the series? Rizna?

Thanks man, I've been looking forward to this.

>Perhaps I can remove the savedata files and re-up them onto mediafire, then we can add the links to the FAQ to replace all the dead ones?
Sounds good. Might as well just do all of them so we've* got backups.

*by "we" I really do mean to include you - you never know when you'll have hard drive problems.

Right, last thread's questions:

>How do you even get the Kopa mercs?
To memory, you just need to not have a Footsoldier of 1k troops or more when you're giving the Permits (approx turn 60 on non-KTM routes).

>Is there a reason that Rance 1 isn't recommended to play?
Rance I? Because it's shit. It's packed with nonsensical old style adventure game logic like doing the same action 5 times in a row before getting a response. Sooner or later you'll either break and play the digest, or you'll go around every single person doing every single option 10 times each. Your choice.

>When do you guys usually end up using Ikkyuu's battle reversals?
I hardly ever capture him, but from the times that I've used him, I'm willing to call bullshit on some of the other user's answers. His issue is that he's really fucking slow. If you send him into a battle with 6 guys on both sides, he'll probably never get his move off. So you've got to find a sweet spot where he'll be worth using but also usable (he's not gonna survive in a small team against Takeda or DA castles without savescumming). Tokugawa and the Mikos are probably good calls, everything post-Miko is easy unless you've entered the DK Route.

Incidentally, the best thing about Ikkyu isn't his special move, it's his ease to clear. Get him to 7/7 just once and he's cleared, then just send him out to battle with Rance 7 times and before you know it, he'll be an early game Battle Rating Down 2.

>152670652
>>I use it only against Mouri usually.
How are you find Mouri hard if you've already beat the Mikos?

Megu

Do you think Pulptenks is going to be in X?

No, but if Quest ever got a remake expect a lot of the remake characters to also appear in it.

Between 03 and X there will be at least 4-5 years. She's probably going to be a hot mature girl by now.

>there are people out there that wouldn't happily marry Pulptenks

She has a good design but she's generic otherwise. You would probably marry 90% of animu girls.

I beat rance 2 yesterday, when I loaded the game I was really surprised to see modern graphics I thought I had downloaded the original but apparently there was a remake that was translated. It was an okay game but I feel like it really lacked in the story department compared to the other games.

Because it's a copy&paste of the 1990 release with newer graphics. kaikai patch increases script size but it hasn't been translated.

Loli crossbow

KANAMI

Anybody got Rance's full body sprite from Rance VI?

exhentai.org/g/478023/64d2eda95d/

This is a gold mine. Thanks user.

Anything else you'll need is in this exhentai.org/g/480388/c26a2fc51f/

Only needed the Rance one for cosplay references, but thanks anyways!

>Not taking Rance's Kichikuou armor as reference for cosplay.

I'm taking all armors as reference. I've already done SR's and I want to decide on the next one.

for a complete failure Julia sure is adorable.

Zeth isn't really the country to look at if you're looking for armor.

>Spoiler
No idea how that happened

Have you considered Chizuko cosplay? You'll be a hit.

That cosplay is perfect if you want to keep Rance away from you.

Bumping

Julia is love

>Not bumping with KANAMI.

I don't really like Kanami as much as you guys do so yeah.

10 10 go away

I can see her having a cameo, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah that saves me from doing it myself.

We only need the Rance translation stuff especially widenyo, 4.1 and 4.2, STB and ideally Rance 2

Maria did 3 and 4, not 2.

Rance 02 was by another group I believe. Widenyo, 3, 4, 4.1, and 4.2 were by 2.0. STB! was by Kanami user I think.

The point is that the 2 link from memory is shit

>STB, Widenyo, D&D were Maria and Ludo. Little Vampire was Ludo + Aten.

How many characters do people think are actually going to show up in X that they're worried people won't show up? Didn't Quest and SR have tons of characters?

The cameos in Quest bar obviously important ones won't appear.

I do want that OP Karma though

Unfortunately the remake girls are post quest but have no justifiable reason to be in X

So no Milly for me

Would you play this once the features were all in place?
PS: WEBM IS VERY LEWD OPEN AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

no

I would tell you to kill yourself for making something so cancerous.

You need to stop.

You should probably post in the make a game general or h-general, not here. System 39 already support custom scenarios, just nobody cares to put in the effort to make one. We're Alicesoft general, not SR-like mods general

KANAMI

KANAMI

Sorry half way through a ban so haven't been able to post the new charts I made

>Being banned

The UI is... not attractive.

Spilers for VI. Real missed opportunity for a Urza+Rizna threesome. What were they thinking?

I'm melting every time I see IX Kanami. So damn cute.

Blame Magic for hogging the entirety of the second half.

Kanami is always cute all the time.

I've been playing the fuck out of Daibanchou lately because I'm ashamed to say that I haven't played a better SRPG. Maybe it's just because most of it doesn't appeal to me. But, I'm an /m/ regular who loves his hotblooded grandstanding, so shounen superhero delinquents are right up my alley.

I tried the first three Rance games, and they were okay, but they didn't do too much for me (especially since I'm into femdom). Is there anything else I can look into or am I stuck just waiting around for mangagamer to get around to Daiteikoku?

You're out of luck. Even if they got Daiteikoku, you'd just be disappointed.

Did you play Sengoku?

Also daiteikoku is shit

It's a pretty good SRPG but some of the character clears are just complete bullshit and clearing dungeons is even more of a chore than in SR, also a lot more RNG to it.

I really liked the mechanic where previously cleared characters are stronger in future runs (and the eventual chaos mode, where you just summon all of your previously cleared allies at the very start) Sadly there's a lot of bollocks with mutually exclusive character clears.

You want Daiakuji not Daiteikoku. Though you won't find any femdom in Daiakuji, you'll certainly find a much better game in line with the SRPG inch you have.

Daiteikoku probably isn't even being considered, and honestly that's probably a good thing. Daiakuji probably isn't either so take that as you will.

I've been browsing this general for two years and only now do I realize there's three Dai- series. I knew Daiakuji, but I thought of both -teitoku and -banchou as "that other dai- game"..

It sucks that Alicesoft couldn't create full character models for Quest. Then again, that's money.

Why? 3D models look like shit.

I think the character models they had in IX were awesome.

Did Rance ever dick her?

I'm starting Quest and IX soon without knowing any japanese. What machine translator would you recommend? I know, I know mt is shit but no way in hell I'm waiting till 2025 to finish the series. And no way in hell I'm learning japanese, I don't have enough willpower for that.

ITHVNR & AG
hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hentai-game-discussion/tools-and-tutorials/411001-ithvnr-ith-with-the-vnr-engine
amaenboda.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/an-aero-gamers-guide-to-using-atlas/3/#The Bare Essentials

Thanks a lot.

>Japanese Formats for no reason

The standard question that follows right after is "why aren't the games working properly" and 9/10 times that picture fixes the issue

Alicesoft titles don't need it.

If he's willing to resort to MT then I doubt Alicesoft games are the only games he's going to use it for.

Wrong game

She is one of the main heroines of Evenicle

That didn't stop Rance.

Evenicle Rance ends at Eden

Not him but Rance obviously dicked all the girls that appear in the final scene at the very least