Other urls found in this thread:

motorcyclenews.com/news/2016/june/pre-1999-to-be-banned-from-paris/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for squidding

Second for pls lemme fug flat qt

why is this empty.
post your bikes.

ZX11 will be here within the week!

KLR owners, where do you guys get milk crates from?

What's the best tf2 class to play when partially sjrfufn drink dunk

milk vending machines of course

> riding fast
> break throttle cable
> eh shit happens, towing is free and I can spare a couple euros to replace it
> can't find shit online in Germany
> ask dad to go to dealer
> dealer wants 50+ €
> PER CABLE
THE CB 500 HAS TWO THROTTLE CABLES
I AM LITERALLY PAYING 120 € JUST FOR FUCKING THROTTLE CABLES
THIS DOES NOT EVEN INCLUDE INSTALLATION OR A HANDY FROM THE DEALER, I HAVE TO DO THAT MYSELF
FUCK EVERYTHING

pyro

is that Messi?

>honda reliability
kek

>HANDY FROM THE DEALER
double kek

opinions on Minarelli AM6-powered rice burners? e.g. Yamaha TZR50, Aprilia RS50, etc.

Thx brother now I'm almost da mvp

lane splitting and parking anywhere are the ultimate bike privileges.

I used to shoot a machine gun in the army so I thought a zweihander was appropriate

>photo of your screen

Hey dbt, there's this game in another thread on cars, I figure we can play it too.

How common is your bike?

>5 - See them everywhere

>4 - Somewhat common

>3 - Spotted once in a while

>2 - Pretty rare

>1 - Unicorn

5 ninja 250 kek

2dtink4prtsvrn

3 for my cbr250

CBR300R
I thought I'd see A LOT more of them around here, but I think I only see a few every now and then. Most common ones I see are R3s.

2. Everyone always goes for the big boy bikes. TFW Ninja 250

Kinda hard because most bikes in a category look about the same when you see them out in the wild and people mod them more then with cars. I can't tell any of the various 'glides', rods, heads and tails Harley makes, and can't tell them apart from metric cruisers either, for example.

I replaced mine recently, too
they were 20€ each, I need two too

I guess 4? Hard to say.

CBF250 is a solid 4, I see one or two at least every week commuting.

As for the CBR600, it depends. CBR600 themselves are everywhere on a weekend, but the F3 model itself is rather rare. I've only seen a single one other than mine in a year and a half of riding.

i live in holland and have a honda vf750f i'm planning to scrap for parts anyway, want me to rip out the cables and mail them for you mate?

Aiiight

two non-running baikus.
Actually zx9 runs just not rideable atm

Dunno if they're the right length, I can't find shit on this online. I'll ask the dealer if I can at least get (free of course) warranty on them so if / when they break I can go and have them fix it for free.

its all good brother, if you do find out what size they are just hotlink me ill be on for a few more hours and i can send them for little to nothing to you, like all i need is gassmoney till monday so i'd sell them for about 5euro to help you out

Probably a 2, although I've seen significantly more since I bought it than I ever did before.
>stock photo because new phone

R1150GS

4, it's not as common as a R1200GS(A)

Hi there
I give 4. Stroms are popular in my place.

Yeah, they're not exactly rare. There's an orange one I always walk by on the way to my uni, which hurts since mine is 120 miles away at that point (and I don't have a way to park it where I study).

Its at least a 4

It's model no. 17910MY5G30 and 17920MY5G30, can't find anything about their length though.
> 45 € for original part
Goddamn Jews.

1, it's impossible to see nothing
>tfw pathetic nobike

Oh also thank you very much for the offer mate.

In my area mine is a 2 or a 3, because almost all the bikes I see are cruisers. Mines on the left.

Definitly a 2

34€ on cmsnl.com

1 to be honest

3, F650GS

here's a trick.
>take the return cable out
>move it over to the pull cable position
>ride around with a single cable for free

you can measure them yourself

I just impulse bought this last week. I don't even have my license yet. It's been sitting in my garage since Friday waiting for me to take the class this coming weekend.

3 if you count all DRZs.

1 if you only count the special green ones labeled as KLX400

>not getting the superior Intruder 1800m

My wife wants to learn to ride, too, and the ergo-fit system of this bike suits that better. Plus I imagine it's significantly lighter than whatever 1800 that is.

Only one of the two is available, 10 € shipping and I'm almost up to what I'm paying at the dealer as well...

Yeah, what could go wrong? I should have bought a 5 € clamp and just pulled on the broken cable directly, no need for a new one.

drobe user is that you?

Just look for "cb500 throttle cables" (in german obviously) on ebay.de and select used only and you have to find something.

I'm on ebay.de/nl/uk all the time when searching for parts and I can always find all sorts of exotic stuff there.

>not driving without a licence.

lost my license when i was 18, been driving from 14 till 18 withouth licence from dirtbikes to racers and then again from about 19 till 24and going

only 2 more years for my suspension to pass, havent been lit up since that one time while i hardly ever ride under the speedlimit

2? Honda nighthawk, uncommon enough

I appreciate your sarcasm. Feel free to waste your money.

There is literally no need for a second throttle cable if you keep the pull cable lubed and maintained. Your return cable should fit right up to use as a pull cable so that is far different from clamping and tugging a broken cable.

Yes.
I dunno, I don't really trust ebay people but next time I'm definitely doing it. Can't be worse than OEM jews.

I like to think it's there for a reason, funnily enough.

"82 Yamaha rebel customized

2?

I have my car license, just not a motorcycle license. I want to take the class for sure. The bike is brand new, and I'm a pussy and don't want to drop it.

In still working on my license so I can't use it yet :(

Muh gixxer

nice try

It's there so you can force the throttle shut if you let your primary throttle cable fray or gum up and stick with the throttle open. Maintain your shit and you won't have to worry about that. None of my bikes have them. On the off chance that it does stick I can just drag the brake or hit the kill switch

Mainly it's there so the manufacturer doesn't get a lawsuit if the throttle sticks.

>I'm on ebay.de/nl/uk all the time when searching for parts and I can always find all sorts of exotic stuff there.

ikr?, I've been finding crazy cheap shit on the "craiglist-like" part of ebay but I'm afraid to buy because it's not covered by customer protection.

If I gave in a few weeks ago I might have ended with 5 leather jackets.

yea its quite a big difference between brand new bikes and the 250-600$ trashers ive been buying about every half a year

There are some pretty good sellers 2bh pham.

Look and the pictures carefully and always ask for more pics or the origin of the part if you're undecided.

As an example, on the terrible financial decision that was acquiring a project bike, I was able to get an front fairing support for 30€, top+bottom yokes for about 50€, two discs for around 100€ I think.

New OEM discs from honda would have cost 700€ the pair. Talk about jewing.

Secondhand stuff on ebay is a blessing to the average poor man user.

>1

wtf paris

motorcyclenews.com/news/2016/june/pre-1999-to-be-banned-from-paris/

CRF kun is getting work done.

looks like you need to bend your footpeg back

Glad I don't live there

Hey /dbt/,
Its 98deg F outside right now and no breeze. My only pair of riding pants are 3 season (cold) waterproof that don't breath well enough for summer. Should I just accept that my nuts are going to fry? Should I just ware plain jeans and hope I don't go down? Should I just hide inside and wait for the evening?

Also can anyone recommend an inexpensive but serviceable pair of mesh overpants?

Just wear boxers bruh

It gives it """"""character""""""

:^)

you sure you're into the croozer style? my buddy didnt test ride anything and traded his croozer after 4 months. i couldn't imagine buying a bike without trying a few and getting what i liked best.

LMAO

shorts and t-shirt with open face helmet is the way to go

I guess you also don't have a front wheel because as long as you keep the rear wheel intact and wheelie everywhere you're fine.

Yeah, lesson learned.
> 700€ the pair
WHAT THE FUG
Replace them twice and you might as well have bought another CB 500.

totally not the same thing. My bikes still function 100% with only 1 throttle cable.

What do I win?

Is a KTM/Husqvarna 500 a good idea for my next sumo? My WR450 is on it's deathbed.

You can still
> ride in a straight line
> corner
> accelerate
> decelerate
while willying, so your bike still functions 100% with only 1 tire as well, in the same sense.
But then, you literally said that if you don't have the close cable, you can't shut off the throttle when the opener cable breaks (which mine did, funny that). So it obviously and literally does NOT function at 100% without it, since that is a function of your bike and it's not there anymore.
> just brake hard to stall
Unnecessary wear on brakes, might not work, risking loss of control / locking wheels.
> just hit kill switch / turn off ignition
Now you're dumping a whole lot of unburned fuel into your exhaust and surroundings, better hope it's not hot enough to ignite that fuel! Bonus points if you manage to stop your bike and light a cig to cool down.
> FWOOSH

690 would probably be a more pactical option for a street tard.

BINGO!

>getcha motor runnin

>But then, you literally said that if you don't have the close cable, you can't shut off the throttle when the opener cable breaks
That's not what I said. If the opener cable breaks the spring on the throttle body/carb will shut it. It's a sticky cable that can make it stay open.
>while willying, so your bike still functions 100% with only 1 tire as well, in the same sense.
No. 99% of people can't do those on one wheel. And anybody who can do that is still much slower than on 2 wheels.
>So it obviously and literally does NOT function at 100% without it, since that is a function of your bike and it's not there anymore.
But it does function 100%. I ride it exactly the same as with 2 cables. I can still open and close the throttle. The throttle even snaps closed faster without the second cable.

>> just brake hard to stall
Unnecessary wear on brakes, might not work, risking loss of control / locking wheels.
I don't have to stall. The fact is the brakes are much more powerful than the engine so I could just use it to calm the acceleration. And the wear would be minimal if my throttle ever did stick open, not that it is likely anyway.
>dumping unburnt fuel into your exhaust will hurt something
I do that all the time. Keybangers yo.

Don't expect any more replies because this obviously isn't going anywhere

I have the first practical exam for motorcycles tomorrow and I am shitting myself please send help

Step aside, weaklings.

This.
Pansies should just stay home and play gayms.

> spring and sticky cable
Fair enough.
> 99% can't do
> much slower
Functionality is the same though, even if the quality of its function is reduced.
> can still open and close the throttle
Unless your cable sticks, for one reason or another. Then you're fucked. It's like saying your ABS bike is working 100% when the ABS sensor has given out. You can still ride it just fine, unless you get into circumstances where that functionality would be needed, i.e. braking hard on wet ground in the case of broken ABS, or wanting to decelerate when your throttle is stuck open.
> brakes are much more powerful than the bike
Confirmed for nobike has-only-ridden-a-250-in-his-life shithead with no knowledge of motorbikes.
> calm the acceleration
That still doesn't slow you down when you're about to hit a bumpy corner going 60 faster than you can handle because throttle is stuck open.
> keybangers
Enjoy your blown exhaust and fucked engine. Not that it'll be a big loss when your 125 breaks.

1 in 500 if we go by colour

Did a 550 mile run today, ready to cross the Channel in the morning. I would have kept going but the hotel was already booked and paid for.

this faggot

GS500

I.... I cant wheelie, it just doesnt seem to work for me? Maybe I am afraid of just dropped the clutch?

GSXR 750 or DR350, either one I cant seem to do it.