Went to buy this van and the owner said that the "rear gasket motor that is sideways in the van is leaking"

Went to buy this van and the owner said that the "rear gasket motor that is sideways in the van is leaking"

Is this something of an easy fix? It's a 1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette if that helps

Rear main seal maybe? What flavor of minority is the seller? And did you figure out which engine is in the fucker?

3800 which is apparently the best one, homeboi is african american as can be. I'm assuming what that is but the dude said "hold on im at walmart but ill send you the title" so i couldnt ask more questions

Bump

These good to keep?

Just buy it if it has a 3.8

Unless they're selling it for $500 or under, walk the fuck away

>specially cammed 3.1

lol yeah cammed to detune it to 120 hp

those always reminded me of old cordless vacuum cleaners as a kid

no, if he means the rear main seal, youd have to pull the motor to fix it and if its been leaking theres a good chance he had been running it dry for at least some period of time. that aint good the motor is on its way out

that's good, i'll definitely look into it

Walk the fuck away op

get a load of this faggot.

kinda why they were always nicknamed the dustbuster vans

Isn't that the model where you have to drop the engine to access half the spark plugs? A pain in the ass to work on.

No. Undo the dog bone motor mount, attach a ratcheting strap and tilt the engine forward.

Listen to them OP, that nog probably ran the piss out of that thing while low on oil. Unless you have the knowledge of what to look for and how to do the work, walk away and look for a better one. I'm sure you can find a decent 1-2 two owner dustbuster for cheap, just take you're time and feel it out.

That sounds like hell.

Maybe just get a Previa OP. Glorious mid engine RWD layout. Can get supercharged and AWD too.

>buy the newest memecar

>That sounds like hell.
What do you mean? It's the same procedure for any of the 3800 cars.
BTW, the 3.1L is easier to deal with when it comes to replacing spark plugs. And that's mainly due to the V angle. the 3900 has a retarded 90* V angle (which is fine for a V8... not for a V6.). The 3.1L is perfectly balanced internally due to having a narrower 60* V angle. The narrower angle makes spark plug changes easier.
As a bonus for the 3.1L, the 200 HP 3.5L 3500 V6 drops right in place, and can be converted to run OBD1 if necessary. More power than the 3800 powered vans and easier to service.

>3900
3800. The 3900 is a 3.9L version of the 3500. The 3800 and 3900 are completely unrelated.

Why oh why to the coolest concepts never make it to fruition.

Because they're impractical as fuck. Imagine trying to open that in a normal parking lot.

Pontiac was Tesla before tesla became tesla

Fug I miss vans. I never thought I'd say that.

I saw someone with a newer Odyssey recently and thought "holy shit, it's a van, I haven't seen one of those in years."

Everything's a fucking crossover now.

Its probably swings up away from the car less than the front door does.

The 3800 is just a v8 with two cylinders chopped off.

Most gull wings take up less space to swing than regular doors

I went to look at one of these once that was listed for 350 thinking how could I not want it? I didn't even offer.

It definitely sounds like the rear main seal leaking, and that's an an depth repair

This isn't the one you can't let away

Good news, user - the full size van is back in a big way. I'm in Myrtle Beach right now and there's families in these behemoths fucking EVERYWHERE

I'll be in Myrtle Beach next month. Thats interesting, I have seen a few over sized Sprinters converted into RV's lately.

That has never been a nickname for these things, anywhere.