Civilization VI (and other history vidya)

Pandering confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=3PfDkGcSNE0

I don't really mind tbqh

I'm just glad it's an interesting "civ"

I mean civ 4 had plenty of fem leaders

besides, who cares? It seems you people just look for things to get triggered over

She doesn't belong in Civ, she's just a paragraph from Herodotus.

WE WUZ SARMATIANS AND SCYTHIANS N SHIET

and strabo, polyaenus, cassiodorus, and jordanes

and so what? She's still an interesting character, had Cyrus the Great of all people decapitated

POO IN LOOOOOOO

WE WUZ IRANAINS, PERSIANS N SHIET

Kek.
>Scythians were noble and did no wrong, unlike Asiatic Steppe Nomads.

>hindu kingdoms

POO

>Scythians were noble and did no wrong, unlike Asiatic Steppe Nomads

Well that's your opinion man

>fantasy civ with legendary warrior queen leader

fucking noice
muh dick is ready

Boudica was fun as fuck tbqh

>being this fucking bluepilled

Don't you see what they're doing with this?

They're trying to steal white culture through cultural marxism by making us think fucking WOMEN were capable of being leaders and were responsible for our fucking history.

I fucking laugh at fools like you, but at the same time I pity you for letting our fucking culture crumble.

They should make a strategy war game and go full anime by making all the leaders cute sexy queens and sorceresses

Free bonus (You) because I am in a great mood today.

This isn't even good bait.

Reminder to report and Sage untreated threads

Hatshepsut and Dowager Cixi deserve to be leaders more than this literal fucking who

>Dowager Cixi

literally fucking who

>They're trying to steal white culture through cultural marxism by making us think fucking WOMEN were capable of being leaders and were responsible for our fucking history.

>I fucking laugh at fools like you

are you the widowmaker avatarfag in the nioh topic as well

cut it out either way

>nioh topic

There's a nioh topic on Veeky Forums ?

Scythians were known for teaching their women how to fight and ride a horse, but they would never allow them to lead.

They weren't Asiatic, but they did use human skin for various things in times of great shortage of materials.

well the massagetae did

I was referring idiots in Central Asian threads that get their panties in a twist whenever someone is saying that the Scythians were bog-standard steppe nomads which did raid & pillage schticks like the rest of em.

no you weren't

~20% of warrior graves of Scythians contain women, if you;re going to have a female leader then Scythia is a perfect place for it.

Why teh fuck do they keep making new factions for Steppe nomads?

They're all the same shit

rule 34 when?

>Scythians
>white

>india will always be stuck with gandhi because of le ebin nuclear meme.

they had Ashoka before

they should have Akbar at some point

So, what does civ 4 have that civ 5 doesn't?

That feel when my nation will never be in any Civ game.

Civ has been casual shit for a long time so I don't see why everyone is so triggered by bad leader choices, since they've been around since the start.

Unit stacks, good modding community.

Best be trolling, of course they were whites.

I'd like to see your deity credentials, please.

I never understood what people mean by unit stacks.
care to elaborate?
>artificial difficulty

In 4 you could have as many units per tile as you wanted. In 5 you can only have one military unit per tile.

ok thanks. any recommended mods?

none of the others are in this time

Hell Yeah

>Scythian
>Honorable warrior

THE ETERNAL HORSE ARCHER IS AT IT AGAIN!

If you want vanilla with some nifty ui features and AI improvements, check Better BAT AI
If you want vanilla with some nifty ui features and VASTLY improved AI plus some gameplay changes, check K-Mod
If you want Civ game crossed with grand strategy games, check Rhye's and Fall: Dawn of Civilization
If you want total conversions, check Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn, Caveman2Cosmos (fork of ROM:AND with more shit thrown in), Realism Invictus and last but not least, Fall from Heaven II (fantasy mod with magic and shit)

There's bunch more but this pretty much covers it I think. I'd personally recommend K-Mod, no reason to play vanilla game over it in my opinion.

Feels bad because Israel would be a fun nation. Your settlers being able to set up cities within other countries borders.

>France leader is Catherine de Medici
>Egypt's leader is Cleopatra
>Now this

At least choose some GOOD female leaders for fuck's sake

>tfw no Olga of Kiev
>tfw no Hatsheput

>now this

Having Cyrus the Great's head chopped off is cool enough for me

ok, what do you mean by grand strat games crossed with civ, and do any of these require the expansions?

Modern Israel and biblical Judea could be two different factions.

It's a Civ game played on a real world map that progresses more or leas how history happened. For example, if you start in 4000BC there will be Egypt, Babylon and some Indian civ in the whole world but as the game progresses China, Greece and Rome will spawn in their respective location in the world. It's halfway point between randomness of Civilization and historical simulator of Paradox games. Also pretty much all relevant mods require latest version of the game. That's Beyond the Sword expansion, version 3.19.

>france leader is a literal who who didn't rule

lul

>France probably has the largest number of iconic leaders of any country
>pick some irrelevant foreign consort

>mythology is now historical fact

Nice meme

The way they are describing the leader's abilities separate from the Civ abilities and units makes me think that they will have alternate leaders for each civ.

you're an idiot if you don't know about the dowager queen. It's a history board for fucks sake

>the Egyptians were black

Woah dude what kind of stupid shit are you saying

What?

Cyrus wasn't beheaded by some le steppe lady queen. Shit ain't real bitch nigga

>France's leader is Italian again

WHY?

WE

I never claimed mythology was fact, you just strawmanned that to make me look foolish.

You're right though, he wasn't decapitated by her, but on her orders. (whether you believe the information presented by Herodotus or not, I don't see your reasoning for tossing aside the events as mere mythology -- even if they were, the events are associated with her character, and are of enough interest to warrant a role in a video game)

>LEGENDARY queen of Scythia
>that we don't know shit about

SJW need to leave

>muh cartoon videogames y no hitler amirite

>LEGENDARY
Do you not know what legendary means?

She literally is legendary

>that I don't know shit about

ftfy. Not everyone is a pleb who hasn't read Herodotus.

I bet you wouldn't complain if they made Antigonus II Gonatas a leader in civ ya big fanny

>Herodotus

Dohohohohohohoho.

>Not everyone is a pleb who hasn't read Herodotus
Fucking Firaxis why don't Indians get gold digging ants

not an _______

>gold digging ants

You mean marmots?

>French ethnologist Michel Peissel claims that the Himalayan marmot on the Deosai Plateau in Gilgit–Baltistan province of Pakistan, may have been what Herodotus called giant "ants". Much like the province that Herodotus describes, the ground of the Deosai Plateau is rich in gold dust. Peissel interviewed the Minaro tribal people who live in the Deosai Plateau, and they have confirmed that they have, for generations, collected the gold dust that the marmots bring to the surface when digging burrows. The story was widespread in the ancient world and later authors like Pliny the Elder mentioned it in his gold mining section of the Naturalis Historia.

>a marmot looks like a giant ant

Grasping at straws

>an elephant looking like a donkey

Grasping at straws

Only that clearly looks like a donkey you retard, not to mention that Herodotus wrote ant, didn't draw one.

All in all, kys

>In his book, The Ants' Gold: The Discovery of the Greek El Dorado in the Himalayas, Peissel conjectures that Herodotus may have confused the old Persian word for "marmot" with that for "mountain ant" because he probably did not know any Persian and thus relied on local translators when travelling in the Persian Empire. Herodotus did not claim to have seen the gold-digging "ant" creatures, he stated that he was simply reporting what other travellers told him.

>getting this angry over gold-digging ants

who hurt you?

>grasping at straws

Herodotus the great historian for pioneering the strategy of ignoring actual evidence and making it a good story

>he stated that he was simply reporting what other travellers told him

Exactly the same could be said about this horse negress

yeah but that would be stupid

nice marmot

That's why it's a LEGEND, dumby.

Herodotus has the best sources, his travelling companions, very respectable people from all over the world constantly tell him about whats happening in Persia

We've got this crazy queen and shes beheading Persian kings EVERYWHERE oh they tell "Herodotus its terrible out here its not safe and we need to build a wall and make Persia great again" Really its awful out there we need to make it safe again

This. At least V had some actually good female leaders like Wu Zetian, Elizabeth and Catherine.

Victoria's gonna be good
Tomiris' gonna be good

Cleopatra is eh, I doubt I'd play Egypt anyway (unless they had a Mameluk or some cool shit)

Medici bitch is eh, but I'd never play france anyway

Name one other Scythian leader without using Wikipedia.

I also don't get the butthurt about her being a semi-legendary figure. The Sumerians had fucking Gilgamesh in the last game, who was almost certainly fictional, and Carthage had Dido who was made up by Romans. Shaka Zulu's rule is also completely undocumented and is only known from oral tradition.

What actual evidence? How would anyone know that there weren't giant ants? People didn't have the capability to verify these things. Aristotle thought that the Equator was uninhabitable and called it the "Horrid Zone" (cue Sonic music starting up).

It's pretty impossible to take anyone's history as being that truthful or accurate. All we can say about them is that it was something that was believable to the populace at the time. So if he wrote Cyrus was beheaded after losing to the Scythians that was what a lot of others around him believed also. It might be a constructed fiction but none the less it is a believed fiction.

This is the same as any historical source we have for many writers that we only have, Gregory of Tours one of the richness sources of middle age Europe can't be taken as truthful due to the obvious moral bias he has.

Vice-versa, completely fictional stories like the Epic Beowulf can gleam insight into what Aristocratic England was like at that age to be believable to the audience it was written for at that time.

Did they even have a fucking leader? Scythians weren't even a united people, they were just a bunch of Horsenigger tribes divided among warlords.

No you retard, it was Ashurbanipal

>Carthage had Dido who was made up by Romans.

Which proves that even years ago they were pushing the diversity crap with made up figures

he probably meant civ 4

The Massagetae (who were Scythians) had a leader.

It's like when they had all the celts lead by Brennus in civ 4.

Let's not forget that Xenophon mentions he died peacefully in bed, and even Herodotus confirms that this is but one version

yeah and I mention you're FREAKING GAY

The primary chronicle of your mom disagrees

My bad, Gilgamesh was in Civ4.

They're classified as Iranian(who're predecessors or an offshoot of early Indo-European people).

What does an Asiatic horse lord have to do with the Scythians?

>It seems you people just look for things to get triggered over

No!!!! its the feminists who are cry babies! i swear!!!

>dowager queen
try dowager empress you fucking pleb
clearly you know nothing about history, get the fuck off my board

That Hun's about to get shanked.

>civ

isn't that the game that claims that post-1700s monarchs had impacts on world events?
lol

All of Chinese history is literally irrelevant until Opium Wars and Boxer Rebellions.

They're just for decoration and a bit of character really

It's a game

I can also recommend RFC Europe for Beyond the Sword.