Does it really matter what order you bleed brakes (furthest from the master cylinder)?

Does it really matter what order you bleed brakes (furthest from the master cylinder)?

kindaa

its just a good idea to do things the right way user

you will feel a sense of fulfillment knowing that you did what most lazy people didnt

This. It should theoretically take less time to get all the air/old fluid out.

So then it does not matter. Thanks.

I hate bleeding brakes.

Fucking hate it. Every time you need to do it, your brakes are softer forever.

In the latest case, I've done a total bleed, still squishy. Had a quality shop machine bleed it, still squishy.

They firmed up a bit next week, but the firmest brakes of my cars are a new 2016 car, and an 80s car whose brakes have never ever had air in them for any reason.

The 300 microscopic air bubbles will haunt you forever.

Question. If I am replacing the front brakes & rotors, is it ok if I just bleed the front brakes after I'm done or do I have to do all 4?

The brake circuits are usually diagonal so unfortunately no you should do all four.

What is the worst that could happen if I only did the front two only?

That sucks man.

You're literally killed with fire

You don't need to bleed brakes after rotor/pad change. Only if you are changing master cylinder or if you have air in the system.

Will pushing in the E-brake cause problems when bleeding all 4 brakes?

Nope but it will make it a butch to remove the rotor

Your master cylinder is fucked mate.

>microscopic air bubbles
>Your master cylinder is fucked mate

>I hate bleeding brakes.
You are not doing it right. Get a clear tube and put it on the nipple and the other end into a jar of brake fluid.

if theres air in the system yeah, you have to do it by the specific order. if you just want to change old fluid, do it any order

this, or after you change a caliper/wheel cylinder

its such a myth you have to crack the bleeders doing pad changes, i remember on college they said if you dont you will fuck up the ABS almost always. ive done maybe 500 brake jobs at work, never cracked a bleeder, not 1 problem

if anything fucking bleeders snap right off here in Canada so you dont bother touching that shit lol

Yes, it matters.

Diagonal for some countries, front/back for others.

bleeding is a pain so why not do it the right way the first time?

if you're not opening the brake system you can often get by without bleeding. Test the pedal before bleeding it. Air can get past the piston while it's retracting but not always.

Is there nothing wrong with pushing brake fluid back into the master cylinder?

That's what most manuals say. Pop the lid on master cylinder so air can escape, leave lid on top of cylinder though because fluid may squirt all over the place.