Can carbureted vehicles work correctly with only headers or, no downpipe/exhaust pipe?

Can carbureted vehicles work correctly with only headers or, no downpipe/exhaust pipe?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.mightycarmods.com/showthread.php?3297-Backpressure-The-myth-and-why-it-s-wrong
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes you stupid fucking retard.

You stupid bitch

no
anyone who says it will is a cuck

Not until it is exorcised by an old priest and a young priest.

Do we want to know why you're asking?

Don't listen to these trolls, OP.
If there's no backpressure the engine will vibrate apart and break fuel lines/clog injectors

Yes, it can.

Hard to get the low end to feel good, but that's not why you dump after the header

No

No

The reason i'm asking is that i thought headers/manifold provided flow for the exhaust gasses to escape the exhaust ports. I want to try it for reasons.

it will sound like shit and run like it too

A carb'd engine (or TBI, or MPI, or diesel) will run with nothing but open ports. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to drive it like that but yes, it will run.

You don't need back pressure you dumb ass, you need exhaust velocity. Back pressure helps fucking nothing

Depends what you mean by 'correctly'

Will it run? sure.

Will it be loud as fuck and give you a headache? Yep.

>you need exhaust velocity.
Yes, learn me about this, what role does this play in an engine's performance?

Also what about valve warping?

>engines need backpressure
>falling for this mene

Valve warping occurs when the valve is cooled too quickly. Such as if you run it for extended periods of time with open ports and then let it cool.

forums.mightycarmods.com/showthread.php?3297-Backpressure-The-myth-and-why-it-s-wrong

well fuck that then

Thanks holmes. I tried googling but i was getting a bunch of literal rocket science.