Thinking of buying a 35 year old Jeep in california and driving it home to florida. how bad of an idea is this?

Thinking of buying a 35 year old Jeep in california and driving it home to florida. how bad of an idea is this?

It's only SLIGHTLY better than buying a 125cc scooter and driving it across country.

vlog that shit and get some sick youtube money

Do you even have to ask, you fucking cuck?

As a Jeep guy, it really depends on how comfortable you are with your ability to do roadside repairs, up to and possibly including a drive train swap.

a stock drivetrain one? pretty bad idea especially in the middle of june, especially if it has the torqueflite.

Make friends on Veeky Forums before you start, because you're going to need them!.
And please tell me scrambler in pic is related- I hate jeeps but that's a fun toy.

it is one of two im looking at.

those AZ grades are brutal on shitboxes. i've had more than one transmission rebuilt in kingman, AZ and I don't live in AZ.

its a manual trans.

Scramblers areamazing, do it opie

well if it makes it from needles to flagstaff you're probably in the clear. that's a 3 hour 7,000ft+ climb.. the rest is downhill or flat.

thanks for the heads up.

Hey that's in Lake Perris, isn't it OP? $5500?

yes

If you decide to do this, document it and post here. Maybe a youtube video. I'd love to see it.

the whole idea is a long shot but ill see what i can do

Just get a K5 there better and nicer

Why not just get one from Florida or a state above? Seems like there should be plenty of Jeeps available in that area.

How would a Jeep like that handle at highway speeds?

no scramblers
its a 4 speed so depending on gearing it might have to go slow, but as far as driving in a straight line it should be fine