Why are Subaru Wrx (Sti) so expensive? I found one on craigslist for $6000 with 200000 miles on it. It makes no sense

Why are Subaru Wrx (Sti) so expensive? I found one on craigslist for $6000 with 200000 miles on it. It makes no sense.

takumi tax

Why would you want an Sti? Just get a regular WRX.

because an STI is miles better than a WRX?

You should buy it OP. It's a miracle that the ricers even got it to 200,000 miles.

Every WRX has shit broken, they're unreliable as fuck and then kids with dad's money pushes them harder than they were designed. Buy it if you want a money pit

Blew one off the road today in my is300.
Don't get it, not worth.

the sti hate is real ITT

wat? They're actually super reliable if you don't turn the boost up to like 400hp on stock internals and change oil and coolant when you're supposed to

That's why you buy an STI so it isn't some kids WRX that he doesn't maintain and mods shittily.

>tfw you will never be 1/8th the driver Colin McRae was

why even fucking live

Anyway OP, STis are starting to get expensive. 07s with low miles are in the high teens and low 20s now.

The problem is the cars don't last forever, and get destroyed often. Sooner or later the vast majority of Impreza-based WRXs will be scrap metal. Damn shame really, they're fighter jets. Econobox frame with an engine and gearbox that really shouldn't be in there.

STis get hooned too, you're an idiot if you think STis are treated nicer than rexes

>STI's get hooned

Any performance car you have to assume that it's been used for performance driving - why would anyone buy it otherwise

The point is that WRX's are far more likely to be owned by someone that cant, won't or incorrectly maintains it which is pretty much the only thing that kills them off.

Lets say for example the rod bearing issues people often have in ej205/207's, they're actually pretty strong as far as they go the issue is people taking them in high g turns with low oil levels.

maybe buy a lower kms wrx and fit it with with sti parts and or better aftermarket parts. I think the sti's have different gearbox's and or LSD's which is a different story when it comes to replacing ($$$) But, if you can live with a standard wrx you can make up the performance with cash saved with larger inter-coolers and turbos or just turbo supporting mods. Honestly I'd do that, a true car guy shouldn't worry about what badge your car may or may not have. It's what's on the inside that counts and with my two cents on the issue you could have a much quicker modified wrx if you spent the difference between STI on parts. If you want my advice do that.

>mfw I work at Subaru and drive WRX STI'S All day errday

>1. Tires (those first) & performance brake pads
2. Suspension
3. Strut/s & sway bars
>4. Turbo supporting mods
>5. Intake manifold & exhaust
6. lastly, if you have loads of cash to blow... bigger turbo! Stock inter-cooler is acceptable but if you're feeling real lavish a larger intercooler won't hurt. just make sure the motors internals are good for it ;)

***good for the extra horsepower from turbo not intercooler... just to clarify before everyone tears my head off.

>STI WRX

>suspension/srut/sway

nigga, what? the car has great suspension stock. this isnt your tuner game

For coilovers better than stock suspension for an STI you're looking at KW V3's and above, at least in britbong that's around £1600-1700 at the cheapest.

If you want a track monster put those in, poly bushings, play with the sways if its still not perfect, put a cage in if you want a bit more rigidity then go for power

>around a parking lot
Must be fun, right?

because regardless of the miles, they are the best mod you can get for your vape

OP here again. Is it worth buying, even with the 200,000 miles? Its pretty much stock. (Not sure if fog light covers are aftermarket because the guy listed it as just a WRX) Even the exhaust looks to be stock! I feel it has potential, but it seems pricey.

Because people keep paying that amount

>Work for Toyota Automotive Appliances
>Only drive Subaru
>step it up

My 2003 wrx has an LSD stock..

>It makes no sense.

Obviously the seller is not trying to sell to a more savvy buyer like you. It's an asshole-attitude seller that is fishing for a stupid person to buy it. He's not pressured to sell it immediately but can wait for the stupid person to show up.

For family related reason, I can only drive diesel. How good is the wrx diesel?

I found the cuck

Mhm, it has a viscous LSD rear diff, where an STi has a helical LSD.

200k miles for $6k is way too much.

Fuck no.

>implying I'm a salesman
Ignorance is bliss

No, You can get an STi at a used stealership for $12-15000 with less than 50k
Subaru may be a Japanese car, but 200k is fucking high millage for one still

>You can get an STi at a used stealership for $12-15000 with less than 50k

Maybe twice that. Don't see why a stealership would be any cheaper.

Why not just get a regular 2017 wrx for 28$K?

Part of it is people think what they invested is going to increase the value, when it really doesnt.