/ C L A S S I C C A R G E N E R A L/ - ccg

/ C L A S S I C C A R G E N E R A L/ - ccg

NEWPORT edition

Classic car discussion
Post classic car pictures
Blogpost about classics and trucks
>Can't beat a good wagon

A classic car is an older automobile. The common theme is of an older car with enough historical interest to be collectable and worth preserving or restoring rather than scrapping. No Civics allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

beverlyhillscarclub.com/1975-maserati-merak-c-4856.htm
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5631966449.html
providence.craigslist.org/cto/5637738505.html
providence.craigslist.org/cto/5639264410.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Body progress for the first time in a few months, have the fenders, hood, and trunklid in high build with the jambs/undersides in color

I like wagons
Didn't some guy run into that, or am I thinking of someone else?

Still waiting on the Police report regarding the Hit and Run damage my little car suffered. Been over a month... I just want to sue the dumb bitch and be over with it. (Driver was caught).

That was my Nova, it was beyond repair, this is a Comet I picked up a few years ago

Kind of hard to see here but everything that isn't accessible when the car is together on what I've done so far is in color, so when I shoot the car I won't have to disassemble anything. Going to do the cowl and door jambs next week.

>update: my truck is being picked up today

H Y P E
Y
P
E

I hope that car has a turbo V6 or inline 6 or else that name is wasted

pretty built up n/a chevy i6, ran low 12's

Got any pics?

sadly not of it running

:( rip nova.
Good luck on the repaint.

>CLASSIC CAR GENERAL

One of my favorite parts of Veeky Forums.

If everything goes according to plan, I'll have enough to buy a rotisserie by next month and put this thing up on it, then I'll be able to strip absolutely everything off of it and rehab all the rot and rust. After that I plan on adding some steel bracing bars to link the front and rear sub frames. Then a mustang II conversion, then build a 460 for it. Still haven't decided on the transmission or rear end. Also still not sure which way I want to go with the 460. Low compression / super charger or High compression / N/A. Super chargers are fucking expensive, man.

My dick is small enough, and my shoestring budget is just big enough to make this happen.

Anyone know of any decent gripping street legal slicks that won't blow my budget?

Also haven't decided on what color I want it. But being a jew that I am it'll most likely be tractor paint.

Suggestions?

So I think I want my next car to be something WWII era with a flathead. I'm thinking either a pre-war Packard 120 or a 1946 Ford.

What car?

I had a blast driving this '37 dodge. awesome prom vehicle
>got that tight virgin prom night poon in it too

Ford Maverick.

sure you did, faggot

Color changing is a huge pain in the ass, painting the jambs and undersides of panels triples the amount of work you have to do

Anyone ever hear of Beverly Hills Car Club? They are an operation in LA that sells trashed/rotten exotics and classics for outrageous prices, I'm pretty impressed they manage to find all these cars, I keep my eye out pretty sharply on project cars (been looking for a Fulvia for awhile), and rarely find anything, meanwhile they have 3 Fulvias somehow (spelled Fluvia on their website). Check out this Merak, hardly needs anything
beverlyhillscarclub.com/1975-maserati-merak-c-4856.htm

shit was great

?

>460 powered ford maverick
that would probably be the only thing to make me want a maverick.like the meats and exhaust pipes on that one tho.

I was thinking more of an attention grabbing, bright ass color.

But that two(three?) toned paint job does look nice as all fuck.

This is the other 4 door I liked.

This is the one that does it for me though. Too bad I couldn't find it on a 4 door

Get the pants tailored next time.

>tfw don't have the time or space to lovingly restore this

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5631966449.html

It hasn't been on the road since 87 ;_;

Cars like that are a ball to drive. I want something that will both be able to drive on the interstates and make me money when sold on.

was a rental
>tfw I don't own a tux
I need to get on that.

if you got an interwar lincoln I would literally die of jealousy

You've opened my mind to green. Holy shit.

Shitbox while it was a daily driver for me.

are you the same user that owns this?

Help! I am restoring a 64 falcon and did a disc brake conversion but now my brake lights dont work. The lights themselves are fine because they still work for turn signals and nighttime running lights.
I replaced the signal switch, checked and cleaned all the connections and replaced the fuse. Now what?

pic related.

Check if the signal switch is actually being depressed by the brake pedal. Also get a multimeter out and ensure there is power going to the switch itself.

no, nice trips though

Not from the 60s or anything but still very collectible. My 89 Dakota Convertible, 270k miles, rusty as hell and my daily driver. I wish I had the funds to put anything more than oil and gas in it but I have to go back to school. Still a pretty neat little truck, though.

I took the fender flares off and both bed sides and the DS fender are rotted out so I cut all the rust out and sprayed it all with rubberized under coating. Pretty ugly but it's all I can do for now.

Its a hydraulic switch on the master cylinder. The pressure from the brake fluid causes it to close a connection when you push the pedal

>hydraulic switch to control brake lights
oh jesus. I have no idea then.

>mfw shaking Don Shumacher's hand
He was a pretty chill guy desu senpai

>convertible Dakota
That truck has some real potential, it could be worth quite a bit in ten years or less.

Lincoln Zephyr, also very much acceptable.

I think I'm going to change to a pressure switch behind the pedal

Mint condition ones already sell for over their original factory price tag. Cheapest ones I could find on ebay were like 4 grand so I just stopped looking. I had an s10 that I blew up being a hooligan and found the Dakota by accident on craigslist for $1700.

Lincoln flathead V12 would be a nice engine.

>tfw wanna drive a classic car but live in new england so RUUUUUUUUUUUUUST

If you have the means buy a southern car and undercoat it before shitnter

California ftw

>he shook the dons hand
did you get a selfie? that's fucking cool though, great hot rodder.

what would be hella cool would be to take that v12, pair it up with a lasalle transmission and then slap the combo in a 39 ford

>v12, pair it up with a lasalle transmission and then slap the combo in a 39 ford

Perhaps, but I'm not much of a hot rodder. I can appreciate them, but I'm a restorer.

fair enough. the other option is a old ass america la france.

would be heaps tits
>giant
>fire truck
>built tough as fuck
>flathead
>V12

or you could go with a bitching packard

INTERWAR
N
T
E
R
W
A
R

Just felt like I see him every day so I didn't think to

Told him I have an old hot rod issue with his wonder bread machine that he has to sign next year kek

That's what I did (same car essentially 64 Comet). The pressure switch didn't work when I went to a disc master cylinder. Use a mid 70s GM truck brake switch.

providence.craigslist.org/cto/5637738505.html hnñnnng

Somebody say American La France?

>when you spend the last of your $ on papa johns
>when you know you're tank's almost empty
>when you make it home
>when you have just enough gas in the float bowls to start up the car two days later to get it all the way up the drive way
>when you have to use a jerry can
>the sound of the gasoline dropping on bare metal

close calls best calls

What the shit are you waiting for?

the better clipper

those are beautiful brakes

how do you keep your engine bay looking so clean?

My buddy DDs a Comet, I think they look excellent in light blue. You like the 4 door more? I've seen at least 3 pop up on Vancouver Craigslist for under $3000 in the last year.

Congrats on graduating from kindergarten.

Thanks mate it was a real struggle

Going to look at providence.craigslist.org/cto/5639264410.html today, anything I should know/ask in particular?

>he couldn't get a date to the prom
>he had to bring flowers to give to the principle
hahahaha

I'm tempted to buy an old Dodge van and paint it "Statutory Grape" just for fun.

This is my Chrysler. I've had it for about 5 years now. I bought it off an old guy who actually died later that day, it was pretty rough metallic green and had hand controls for accelerator and brake fitted, few rust holes here and there bit had a full service history from new in '76 and started and drove ok. A few weeks later while I was away for work it broken into and the interior set on fire (uninsured). I was on the front page of the local paper and started getting all these offers from people wanting to help me restore it. Stuff like seats, dash panels, steering wheels etc. And an auto trimmer made me a new headlining for just the cost of materials. (Continues) pic related is one of the only pictures I have of it in original color, and also where it was parked when it got burnt out

how does it look now?

So anyway I did the interior up, got the new seats I'd been given retrimmed, put some nice wide tyres on it, a set of headers on it and tidied up the rust and dents and painted it off white. I drove it around like this for about 18 months, put a little over 20 thousand km on it and managed to wear one of my front tyres smooth after changing some steering bushes and fucking up the toe. At the same time as all this there were a few rust bubbles starting to come back and the key switch was falling apart so every time you went over a bump the engine would lose spark and backfire. So basically a couple of small jobs that could have been fixed in a weekend. But anyway I ended up parking it outside under a car cover in mid 2013 and all but forgetting about it. I had a few people search me out and try and buy it from me that time (it could be seen from the street and the car cover would blow off all the time) but I was always that guy "nah I'm gonna fix it up some day" but never did, it just sat there and when I moved house I loaded it on a trailer and bought it with me to sit in a different driveway for another year. (continued) pic related is during the first resto

This is after paint

heels on it. Pointless I know, but it helped me get a bit excited about working on it. Since then I've replaced the shocks, replaced the brake m/cyl, cut the rust out of the c pillar and wheel arches and repaired that and found a set of doors with one piece glass (no quarter windows) and filled and primered them ready to go on.

Pic related is further back on the story, the first drive after paint and interior was completed

This is about the only pic that shows the interior. The truck in the background was this cool old ERF with a 14 litre cummins that I crashed and fucked about a year later

Fuck I copied and pasted when I went searching for images and lost a bit

And this is last weekends progress, took the drivers door off and cut some rust out around the hinges and welded patches in

And with the new door on

It looks much tidier in the photos than in person. The c pillar is sprayed in white primer, if it were grey it would be a bit of a mess

That's funny because that picture was before I had time to clean up the engine bay. I guess the trick is to find something that's been well maintained and pay out the ass for it.

>Implying I want talking pre-pram pictures
>Implying I didn't go to both junior and senior pram
Honestly feel bad for those who didn't go

I'll add one on sunday, i got plans to hook up with my girl and spend all tomorrow together. Probably get a mechanical switch from orielly.

>parts hype

Coworker finally got his '69 Continental running and driving and too it to a car show today.

>cop following me on freeway
>high beams on trying to get me to speed
>haha i won't speed
>it would work the engine too hard
>even if i did, top speed is 80 l..lol! ;_;
>can't deal with the stench of smog exempt exhaust
>fucks off

How is your Friday /ccg/?

awesome, another valiant owner

does yours have the 265? interior shots?

Man, Imperials are HUGE in person.

>buy new gears and diff
>get hype
>its still sitting in the box

Thats a looker there. Both your MG and the Imperial. How was the interior?

Did you replace the master cylinder and booster when you did the conversion? The conversion for my f100 has to be done in conjunction with master cylinder replace. Probably to mitigate those kinds of problems. Maybe the hydraulic switch takes a different psi for discs than drums (just a guess).

Nice photo. Is that a Toronado?

/ d o p e /

Fucking right on man.

Thanks bruv. Now I've got to fix this fucking carb issue. If you leave your foot on the gas it starts, but she doesn't want to idle it stay running without it

Adjust your idle screw a bit and double check your mix adjustments. If it ran okay before it may just need retuned for your new climate.

Yesterday, I took the Imperial on a drive with some of the people from the /hou/ meet. While I was struggling to keep up with their cars, I did manage to corner well enough and keep a decent pace despite the vast difference between their cars and mine.

The drum brakes are staying on the car and, with the hubcaps removed, I didn't have issues with brake fade. I'm tempted to try and find a set of vintage wheels for the car.

It ran ok when I parked it, then three months ago when I drove it it has this problem. I'm soaking the carb in carb cleaner right now and I'm making a new vacuum line for the spark advance.

Fuck drums

negative ghost rider

I have a thing for survivor cars. Just how they were when they rolled off the lot. Same paint and everything.

They don't have to be pristine. They just have to be the same so I can see it as the original owner did too and appreciate that.

Nice. Cutties are p cool
>Saw a 442 convertible (clone probably) lowrider drive by yesterday
>Didn't have my truck so I couldn't feel the feels

Of the MG? Pristine.

>top and left side of the steering wheel are completely cooked

i know this feel

My interior is baked; the headliner is disintegrating, but I will be redoing it soon.

On the one hand, I should probably replace the wheel. On the other, that's a special one that came with the Limited Edition package, so I also want to keep it with the car.