Not lpg, but I'm a salesman. I currently sell chevy, but I'm considering going to a Ford dealership...

Not lpg, but I'm a salesman. I currently sell chevy, but I'm considering going to a Ford dealership. Anyone here sell for Ford? What does Veeky Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CWsosT-qeP4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fix
Ot
Rgain
Dony

>phasing out v8's in favor of v6's
>nothing rwd other than mustang
>ford gt is ferrari levels of pricing

No ford is shit

>not LPG

Well fuck off then. Where the fuck is my LPG thrad?!

Found
On
Ronny
Donnie

>Ford
>Not even once

While most of this post is true
>Ford GT is Ferrari levels of pricing
This is the stupidest thing you could have posted.

What's it like selling Chevrolet? I just bought a Sonic and love it.

Cix
Hit
Egain
Vony
R
O
L
E
T

It's cool, the sonic is a nice compact car. You have a lot of boomers window shopping corvettes and a ton of poor kids coming in here trying to buy cruzes. I sell more Silverado trucks than anything else.

I prefer Ford to anything (having a relative who can get you A plan is a nice perk) but at the end of the day it's probably about the same senpai and has more to do with your area dealership than the actual manufacturer

what does "A plan" mean?

What's it like selling cars right now in general? Is business good? Bad? Meh?

Senpai...

Here's the deal with the GT. It is first and foremost a racecar.
Ford hasn't any interest in selling any of them, but the rules require the have a production variant of the car. So they will make a few, sell them at a huge price, and be done with it.

Have you never heard of a homogulation special?

ford has a few different 'plans' that are afforded to family of ford workers
they are like set discount prices
I had an uncle that worked for ford, basically you go shop for a car like normal and then give your plan to the dealer and walk out with the car at near dealer cost
at least that was what it was like 10 years ago

I have no idea what it's like to sell a car in general. I haven't had any problems with the Fords I've owned previously. If you maintain them like the owner's manual says, they last reasonably long, I'd say.

I got burned on a Mercedes and will never ever buy them again. POS's.

I was thinking about a C7, until I heard about the overheating problems when climbing hills on A/C. Guess it's a GT350 for me. Go flat plane crank. Go big enough radiator to handle climbing a hill with the A/C on.

Every time I think of Chevy Sonic I think of this - youtube.com/watch?v=CWsosT-qeP4

>I got burned on a Mercedes and will never ever buy them again. POS's.

What happened?

>Every time I think of Chevy Sonic I think of this - youtube.com/watch?v=CWsosT-qeP4 [Remove]

kek

It's just a discount, can be quite a lot. I don't know if you get it from working at a dealership but I assume so.

>I got burned on a Mercedes and will never ever buy them again. POS's.

>What happened?

Lessee, it's been a while and I have to recall all the things that went wrong with it. Most of it was fixed under warranty, but still the frickin' car was always in the shop, it seemed like. It was a 99 diesel 300E.

- fuel leaks (multiple times) (diesel fuel smells really bad)
- bad fuel injectors replaced
- climate control broke
- rear differential got replaced (not sure what was wrong with it, but some tech thought it was bad for some reason)
- coolant leak (that was fun, had to get a buddy to drive me to the dealer so I could get the special and precious coolant that it used) and then back to the dealer again with the car to get that fixed

And it's been years since, so I'm probably forgetting a few things that went wrong.

When it ran right, it kicked ass though. 700mi range, comfortable ride, etc.

Damn, neighbour bought a diesel 290E in '97. He never had any technical issues with his from what I remember but it started rusting really bad after just a couple of years.

I just sold a stereo and the lady who bought it had a 2014 focus, she been back to the dealer 6 times for repairs.
Not. even. once

>homogulation
>mfw

Ford employee here, can confirm. No haggling whatsoever.

what should I do to get it on that?
beside starting to work for a ford dealership?

Sexual favors, most likely.

I honestly don't know what it's like for the dealers, I work for the company.

kneepads

>the f150 (at least the previous generation) is god awful to drive
>the gt has the power of a 488 for the price of an aventador let alone having half the cylinders
>there is currently a ford built on an economy car platform going for $50 grand that has 100 less horsepower than a $35 grand mustang gt

otherwise ford isnt too bad of a company, hell the fiesta is far more reliable than the sonic and the gt350(r) is more of a godmachine than the gtr imo

but for chevy i still have a place in my heart for....lets just say their halo car to keep things civil...and their full size suv's

Ive been selling ford for the last couple years. The demographic is usually easier to deal with than chevrolet. Older people, educated people. Cant remember the last time I had a customer with under 600 transunion. Dont know how chevy pays you guys but ford isnt too generous.

why not cadillac OP?

Rwd isn't make or break. Grow up