So what's the most efective license plate hiding device?

So what's the most efective license plate hiding device?

Any aliexpress magic mechanical blocking system?
Spray paint that makes it reflective?
E-Ink panel in the shape of a license plate that changes the numbers displayed on the fly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mBHhdd9uaAc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just don't be a nigger and respect the law.

Taking it off is probably the most effective way to hide it

This. Keep it in the trunk.

quiet, if they do that you can't listen to them bitch about getting tickets!

12 volt villains license plate blackout

ahhhh committing felony acts over a speeding ticket

well he did ask what the most "efective" hiding device, and that would certainly qualify

also, the very act of hiding the plate is illegal
whatever bullshit electric plate cover that person posted is no more illegal than the alternatives

>paying the piggies tax

that was my point
>spending decades in prison

>getting caught

>decades in prison
Land of the """Free"""

You lose rights when you commit a felony
>implying you can outrun a Motorola

Do they sell plate overlays that are photoreactive?

It would probably only work at night, but since auto cameras usually need a flash, it could it darken the overlay in the spit second before the snapshot.

Le epin meme

i outran 2 in a single drive they cant do anything if they never catch you

Top cuck, Amerilad.

>disco lights come on
>suddenly helicopters and drones like in GTA and... holy fuck is that a tank?!

Can't they just write down your license plate number while chasing you?

>prison

I'm white, m8.

You lot are legit groomed to fear your police, aren't you?

That's why you cover it, thus the thread

youtube.com/watch?v=mBHhdd9uaAc

there is a statute of limitations in which cops pretty much lose the ability to continue persuit

which are?

It's not really a statute of limitations, but more of a "This guy is gonna kill someone trying to get away, it's no longer worth the danger to us or civilians to continue pursuit"

>So what's the most efective license plate hiding device?

It is a misdemeanor to simply have an obscuring device over the plate in my state. A few cars still have those matte finish covers, but as the police spot them, they get ticketed. Furthermore, the car is not drivable as it doesn't have valid plates with that covering them, so it has to be towed unless the owner takes them off right there in front of the police. Now, if they put the covers or any obscuring device back on, that is a repeat offense and merits a tow.

A warning. While it is a misdemeanor, if you have an obscuring device on and are running from the police, it becomes a level 6 felony. It is ironic that the crime you did is not a felony but this thing dooms your criminal record. You are a felon. As a felon, a number of your bill of rights are temporarily revoked or limited. Did you know you cannot publicly speak out against specific officers or that is considered an assault on a police officer?! Welcome to felony quasi-citizenship. As a felon you lose your guns. If you do not get rid of them, that is another crime of course. You cannot vote and it is legal to decline to renew your apartment lease. You are denied most scholarships. Your admissions priority for my local community college is at the bottom and since the school always gets more applicants that slots, it probably means you can't get in. Which sucks because republicans keep saying criminals should educate themselves, yet the system won't let them get an education unless they find some charity sponsorship.

Does anyone hire felons. Sure, lots of places actually do. But if you ever get mad or scare someone, you will be fired as a threat. And anyone that contacts them for reference might be told they had to let you go because you scared someone. Sure, lots of people get loud or shout at others and nothing comes of it. But if a felon does that, it can be held against you as intimidation.

Dont be a felon.

>having to flip a switch back and forth
>Implying you know where all the cameras are

That device will, without a doubt, attract the attention of other drivers, and there will be one white knight that will follow, take pictures of the car and call the cops on you.

The best way is to steal a license plate, or make/buy (is there a market for this?) a fake plate. It''s low profile, and it works 100%, I guess.

I'm making a new one that's much more effective (and cheaper) than everything else in this thread. Haven't finalized everything yet, but I'll make a thread when it's available if you're interested.

Ridiculously overpriced.

Enjoy being pulled over and butt raped on the side of the road for stealing plates or running fake plates.
You do understand that police just run plates all day long don't you?

In my state, illegally accessorizing the car to commit a crime results in CONFISCATION of the car. Examples of car confiscation:

1. You drill a tiny hole in the trunk lid to mount a remote controlled BB gun to shoot at cars behind you. Car is confiscated as that is a car mod hole was deliberately made for committing a crime.

2. You install a 12 volt license hiding device modification. If caught with one, your car is confiscated as that is an INSTALLED car modification for the purpose of committing a crime. You say no crime. But hiding a license plate is a crime.

But I am the son of a rich and important man! Judge goes "Case rescheduled one month". In the meantime, the judge and prosecutor talk things over with the rich man and a deal is made. No crime appears on the record.

>You do understand that police just run plates all day long don't you?

No they don't.

>You do understand that police just run plates all day long don't you?

My area did something different. It bought a computer plate scanner to install on a busy roadway. It's purpose is to scan car IDs and the plates for that car. It can also check for tags being current. Of course, if someone has fake ID (plate doesn't match car ID or plate tags aren't current so the tags on that plate are fake), then it will sound an alarm.

The city was forced to turn it off on racism charges because it was too effective. It seems some plates get fake colored stickers resembling the legally current tag.

kill yourself, commiefornian

>No they don't.
The thing is they can. That thing that looks like a radar gun in their hand can also be a plate and RFID scanner. My corporation has them and experimented with them on cars that had left during lunchtime and were driving back to re-enter. It automatically scanned the plates and verified the car was owned by an employee, displayed the face, and the security staff could easily see the face of the driver. The computer scanner also scans all the RFID we have, so if there are four people in the car, there should be four people's names listed on the scan and faces should match up to the passengers in the car. It's very fast as it displays the extra info on a tablet.

Yes they do.

I got a ticket just a couple weeks ago after a cop behind me ran my plate.

>RFID scanner
>in a car
>with tags on people
Active tags I'm guessing? Or at least BAP. Passive UHF can barely manage reading a tag on a windshield without using one specifically meant for high dielectrics.

How was a computer racist?

I do not need fear the police because I am not criminal scum

they have cameras that read them on the squad cars now....
If your plate is so much as obstructed by dirt from the camera, they can pull you over for having improper tags

>Active tags I'm guessing?

Ahh, sorry, yes, active tags. They do prescan cars for all the tags besides the expected ones. Our corporate security applies for deputization and gets support from the company for the extra training. So they are quite a bit above the normal security guard as most of them are deputized by the government. They are also armed. They can actually arrest someone and not merely detain someone. It also means resisting them is quite illegal.

Our badges have RFID in them so our location on the campus is known to within 2 to 25 feet depending on where we are. The distant ranges are outdoors where there are fewer sensors. It's not just HAVING the rfid that is important. Any entity that is detected without an rfid is potentially an unwelcome intruder and thus gets examined and questioned. If they don't belong, they are trespassers and cited by the deputized security guard. Telling lies to the security guard is also illegal and is a crime because he is deputized. It's the same charge as if you lied to the sheriff's deputy. If you are a trespasser, even if your car was technically parked legally, it's status is changed to a tresspasser car (unauthorized). The deputy then has it towed after issuing another citation for illegally parking an UNauthorized car on private property. And lots of other tickets.

You may think it excessive, but actually, most people are SPOILED by the police or sheriff who almost never issue the maximum number of DIFFERENT tickets they could. Usually they issue just one and let the others go. But my company will try to stack them on in order to make poster childs and thus no one tries to trespass anymore even though it is super easy to. Just walk on and ignore the signs. Tailgate people into a building. There you are. But pretty soon, someone comes for you. Uh oh. Of course, you can whip out your CCW and eliminate the problems and run off. You peel off your mask later. Success!

>How was a computer racist?
Most of the people caught were of a certain race. Then those activists complained they were getting picked on as the statistiics showed they were being unfairly singled out.

Remember, the activists don't go to public forums. These are new educated ones and trained to get results. They figure out the key city officials and attack those officials with complaints of racism, discrimination, or anything else that can mar their career record with the city. Because officials value their careers and promotions and bonuses for not having any complaints, they surrender quickly. It's easy to sacrifice the public in exchange to boost your career. That doesn't seem fair to the taxpayer, but that's why people need to pay more attention instead of automatically hearing about politics and tuning out with a "who cares LOL". Well, the criminals want more voters like that. Don't cares means they can keep using these tactics to target key officials to give the activists what they want.

>Active tags I'm guessing? Or at least BAP. Passive UHF can barely manage reading a tag on a windshield without using one specifically meant for high dielectrics.

We get electronic passes for all kinds of things. HOV lane pass. Toll lane pass. There's even a pass just for one bridge. Beginning to clutter up my mirror area. Your car drives under something that scans some electronic ID. It matches the ID to the plate of the car to verify you didnt loan the pass out to someone else because it's issued to YOU AND THE SPECIFIC CAR and not those other people. If good, the computer doesn't send you a payment notice in the mail.

It's all automatic so cars move in and out of lanes as they will. No toll booths or whatever. Cars without pass get a payment letter in the mail and a fine if appropriate. Computers are wonderful. German drivers know since the computer even scans the persons faces to help in photo ID.

How is it going to determine the make/model of the car? I need to see a source I call bullshit.

Google AI can't even tell the difference between a boat and a mustang (although I have a hard time with that as well)

surround the plate with super bright infrared LEDs.

the human eye can't see the IR energy they put out. though cameras will see it as a bright silver light.

Infrared LEDs, wire them in a cluster around your plate and have them on at all times. Human eye will be able to see your plate but cameras will just see bright light

because the dmv records the make, model, and color of your car when you register it to your plate number

They rarely stop a chase here, these fuckers are determined to either cause a car to wreck or stop the vehicle long enough to shoot the driver in the spine. Cus murika

spotted the dirtbag with a PO

If you mean parole officer you're complately wrong, I've never even gotten a ticket from a cop. Or been in a jail. Or had any personal negative interaction with police

What % of sport bikes have novelty plates/no plate and don't stop for the cops I wonder.

already a episode on myth busters. apart from james bond flip your plates shit: your ass is gonna get caught

i know the answer to this and i learned it by accident

cover it with clear packing tape and mist it down with used motor oil

Veterans plates.

Cops won't give a FUCK.

However, that means being a military faggot.

Bogans in Australia usually have fake plates. Nobody would notice, unless the police check the fake plate on their rego database.

Don't worry, they'll find a way to make you one if they want to.

this is sweet

Some cameras now have IR floodlights to keep this from working.
>solution is add MORE LEDS!

is the other Veeky Forums cringe thread full already?

>cost us tens of millions in lost revenue
>lost revenue
>cost
This is what Murrikans seriously believe, that lost revenue equals theft.

It's better than believing that
stealing it is better than losing revenue by buying it.

>Implying they don't have cameras at almost every intersection and can trace you back to a point where it wasnt covered....

they need this for motorcycles
>implying cops have a chance

Just tuck your plate under the tail like a normal person

>
>I do not need fear the police because I am not criminal scum

Neither am I however in the eyes of the law I was almost a felon.
>Bought a used car from a seemingly respectable white gentleman in the city
>From his house I went to the SOS and called progressive to insure my vehicle
>Pulled over because no plate
>Officer asked to search my vehicle
>Told him I'm kind of in a hurry and I don't consent to searches
>Tells me I'm giving him all the signs
>Deny the search anyways
>Detained and then warrant to search arrives an hour or two later
>Under the spare tire was an 8 ball & some pills
>Felony charge with possession of analogues
>25,000 bond and had my friend pay 10%
>$800 impound lot fees as it took 72 hours for them to set bail
>Officers tore my entire interior apart looking for more breaking plastic clips left and right
>$3,500 lawyer cost
>Misdemeanor possession on my record

Jesus fuck. When I told them it must have been there when I bought it they called me a liar and wanted to know who I bought the narcotics from. Once I realized I'm fucked I plead the 5th, spent 3 days in jail before being bailed, then spent another 20 after court. Had probation for a year on top of a fuck ton of court fees and volunteer hours. Damn near lost my job because of the whole ordeal.
>Was fucking pissed right the fuck off for a year and considered an hero

Never again will I look at the 5-0 the same.

Use a magnetic metal plate with bogus letters/numbers.

damn.

I bought my car at like 3am, and drove it home with no plates. Had a buddy tail me really close so I wouldnt get noticed, got noticed anyway.

Cop spent like an hour with me asking me stupid fucking questions, but never cuffed, or searched.

I just kept playing dumb saying I work 3rd shift, and this is my free time to buy a car, I cant possibly register it at 3am.
He was more concerned that I didnt have it insured, even though my insurance company explicitly told me that if I operate an uninurued vehicle, my perosnal insurance will cover it.

Oh well.

Another time I drove a plateless car 1,200 mile over the course of 3 days home, spending about 4 hours on the side of the road waiting for a friend to come bring tools. Had 3 sheriffs stop by, ask me what was up, hang around for a bit, and leave.

>Tells me I'm giving him all the signs
The police and laws have adapted to get around the Bill of Rights. If you use your right to deny a search, the officer or official simply says you are giving him the sign that you are suspicious and your behaviour thus justifies a search warrant.

All the people who went LOL tinfoil hat are partially to blame for this. When not enough people protest impending law changes, then those laws are done and we lose more and more rights. EROSION OF CIVIL LIBERTIES

Criminal scum the thread

>Another time I drove a plateless car 1,200 mile over the course of 3 days home, spending about 4 hours on the side of the road waiting for a friend to come bring tools. Had 3 sheriffs stop by, ask me what was up, hang around for a bit, and leave.

It's good they checked to make sure the car was also not being targeted. If no one checked to see if you and the car were okay, then those deputies weren't doing their job. Over here, any car left overnight on the freeway becomes the target of smash and strip. The window on the other side gets broken so that passing cars dont see any broken window. Then they strip valuable parts off fast and they don't take care to avoid damage so your dash will be wrecked as they get to the airbags. I passed by one such car when going back home. The window on the other side was broken and it was missing rims and sitting on its belly.

There are license plate "difusser lense" plates you can buy online, which only make your plate readable from eye level and straight-on angle.

If a cop glances at your plate from the other lane though...

>underated post

anybody ever get pulled over because their license plate light was out

>There are license plate "difusser lense" plates you can buy online, which only make your plate readable from eye level and straight-on angle.

There used to be cars with those here, but since the laws were changed, the only people with them are out of state. The police give FIXIT Citations for them which means he can take them off in front of the officer (if the officer is willing to wait). The officer checks that box on the citation and tells you to send it in so the computer can track that you were cited and removed the thing. If you ever re-install it, that would be bad because sooner or later, another officer will see you are putting some shield over your plate and pull you over to remove it. He then finds you already were cited in his records so you are a repeat offender. It is his choice there to have your car towed to impound or not because it doesnt have valid plates.

Please note, if you ever were towed to storage, that is way cheaper than towed to impound. You will not like the daily impound rate. Since payment takes time to process and the status has to go thru the system, only the lucky get one day of impound. You usually get two to three days for payment of fines to finish. If you contest the fines, your car continues to wait in impound until the hearing date. Let's say they are mean to you and set it 6 days later for a judge that might be gone due to his wife cancer treatment. Lo and behold, the judge is gone with one day notice. Your date is rescheduled for 3 days later. They have now legally extended your time from the normal required 7 day max waiting to be 9 days because they didnt like your attitude. Another user posted that 3 days of car impound cost him $800. If you can't pay the impound fee, then they will confiscate the car, auction it, then bill you for the rest of the fee plus late payment charges because the auctions are once per month so you have to pay penalty for all that waiting time until they auction.

>anybody ever get pulled over because their license plate light was out

Probably not because there are two lights in case one burns out and if someone notices, they will replace the bulb easy enough.

It's like missing brake lights. Who in their right mind deliberately goes around missing a required light? That is just baiting the police. And getting a ticket for something easy to fix is a waste of money especially if your insurance has a line that rates can be affected by ANY INCIDENT. It doesn't have to be a chargeable incident in that case.

That's a great fake story bro 5/10

Enjoy your ticket

Then why does my computer keep calling me a nigger or a faggot?

>Then why does my computer keep calling me a nigger or a faggot?

Get a different computer that won't do that. Or don't behave even as little as 10% like the stereotype. Over time, the computer will see that you are no where like the stereotype and it will stop calling you by that derogatory name. No guarantee about interacting with new computers though as some of them are difficult and complicate to get anything accomplished with them. Sometimes, all that can be done is to get a change of venue - a new computer.

>Criminal scum the thread
If people see it in use, they will report it with cellphone and maybe even follow the suspect. It wouldn't be long before the police get there. Usually what people do for their getaway car is put some burlap or other cloth over the plate. Then it gets yanked off by a remote string later when they are far enough away to avoid getting their plate spotted.

>Nobody would notice, unless the police check the fake plate on their rego database.

Fake registration tabs are easy to make and it seems a big enough problem that local police sometimes scan passing cars with a handheld tool as they're entering the city at a freeway offramp. That way, the cars are single file and the long ramp and slower offloading time gives the officer time to radio to cars which specific cars to pull over for inspection of fake registration tab stickers.

I've seen ones like that. They darken when your headlights shine on em

Bend the plate and say you've had an accident with your previous car but transfered the plates to your current vehicle

yes they do, the computer in the unit is used mainly for that purpose, if you are at a stop light and there is a cop behind you, nine times out of ten that cop is checking your plates.

even worse

>police don't run plates all day long

They do with automation in plate scanner dashcams or plate scanning devices at major roadways. You already know toll and HOV roadways have that tech 24/7 to track cars and avoid the use of tollbooths that not only need a lot of space, but also create congestion points and require people.

The automation of repeated actions by computers made many new things possible. Even in the 1990's, computers were automatically steering camera's aim toward specific targets and automatically causing them to zoom in for specific things like a license plate. In the 2000's such technology became affordable not just to major entities, but even to homeowner associations.

My HOA had a debate recently about swapping out our system for a new one that has software which even tracks a single person or car between cameras if it cannot get a firm enough identification from its database of recognized objects. The privacy nuts don't mind security, but this new system knows who is who and ignores "approved" entities such as cars belonging to known homeowners and people who are known homeowners. It then concentrates its recording time on entities that do not own property here. The problem was that such a system records your entire movement so it knows when you come and go. Our argument was that our employers already track us all over the place and they certainly know when we come and go too.

>Bend the plate and say you've had an accident with your previous car but transfered the plates to your current vehicle
That's pretty risky to say to the police. Since our new police chief, the police now enforce laws against lying to officers. Lying about identification has its own specific law which has a greater punishment level.

all i would bother doing is putting your rear license plate bulbs on a switch, and de badge your car