Listening to Podcast about Randomware and the economics behind it

>Listening to Podcast about Randomware and the economics behind it
>Researchers are talking about how they tried it on for themselves, and with ZERO CODING were able to make $120,000 from a $4000-6000 investment... in 90 days

>They talked about how PHYSICAL bank robberies - someone literally running into a bank with a gun, has a 60-80% chance of getting away with it in the US. And cybercrime is obviously a very small fraction risk of that, given how many anonymizing features exist, and the whole nature of jurisdiction and evidence to convict
>Even being legal, security researchers they asked why more people aren't doing this and couldn't really come up with a reason besides not knowing how PROFITABLE and SAFE it is

>TFW we're here buying index funds to make 8% A YEAR, or trading cryptocucks to make a lot of money, but with high risk.... when we could be making like 3000% ROI with this shit

Wtf guys?

Why aren't we discussing the REAL business?

>asking for tips on how to get sent to prison to be pounded in the ass until the end of your natural life

as expected from someone like OP

Except it has a tremendously low rate of conviction? And punishments aren't that steep.

Look man.

if you robbed a bank or broke into a house you have a 3-4/5 chance of getting away with it completely... and that's a physical, serious property crime.

Now turn it to cyber, and throw in the difference in jurisdiction, evidence for conviction, etc etc and you're looking maybe a couple % rate of getting caught. And even then it'll LIKELY be a few years in min security (for non violent, first offense).

I just want to discuss the economics behind this stuff because honestly this shit makes any other kind of crime obsolete, just by how safe and profitable it is.

i tried but motherfuckers here are so cheap
they just format their systems and start all over
i do know that there are ones that encrypt everything but they are a little expensive for
ma cheap ass

>Except it has a tremendously low rate of conviction? And punishments aren't that steep.

10 years in prison plus a lifetime ban of ever owning, using, or hooking up to a computer and the internet

unless you live in the middle of africa every human being now NEEDS a computer or the internet to do anything.

You really want to go back to writing letters?

>10 years of prison

[Citation needed]

Show me even 5 cases of people getting SENTENCED 10 years or over for these kinds of things.

Protip: even hackers who are responsible hundreds of millions of dollars get under 10 years.

>Lifetime ban

>Move to another country and use internet cafe
Oh wow strong

i'm no expert but these things need time and a lot of preparation to be honest isn't worth the risk at all
i'd rather sell crack on the street

Because global rule 1.
>You will not upload, post, discuss, request, or link to anything that violates local or United States law.

>with ZERO CODING were able to make $120,000 from a $4000-6000 investment

but most of us only have $20 starting capital, only good to buy a pair of kneepads

My morals don't allow me. I'd sooner sell coke.

>randomware
>We've randomly encrypted some of your files. Send money and we might tell you which ones they are and how to unlock them.

Even cc fraud gets you 3 years.

Come on kid, make $100k from cc fraud n you made 30k from a 3 year sentence. And you get free room n board, so 100k for 3 years?

Also your dumbasses believing you get fcked in prison is retarded. Holy shit. Top tier ignorance.

You mean ransomware?

>implying they let you keep the money
>implying you are smartass enough to hide it from them

Ah ransomware I didn't know what the fuck. anyway yea I heard a podcast on this too, some poor old lady was just getting tortured lol. why would anyone do this to someone. ducking crooks, crime doesn't pay. one way or another if you you try to make a living doing bullshit like this it'll catch up to you. Why not just put in that time and effort to do something legitimate.

Not according to researchers

You basically just plop down money as an investment to various vendors and they figure it all out for you mostly.

As in. You buy the malware binary + support, then you buy traffic, guaranteed click rates/infections, cash out services and it's pretty much money making itself.

At least from what I've been hearing from researchers on podcasts and blogs

We're not discussing this shit here OP because we aren't total idiots.

First, threads will prob get deleted if real plans for crimes are discussed.

Second, even if the chance is small, if you're smart, you'll try to minimize risk as much as possible. Start a private chat or something.

Third, morals, personally I have fucked up morals compared to others, but most people on this board actually don't like crime.

>Crime doesn't pay
>Make literally like 3000% off your investment

>broke into a house you have a 3-4/5 chance of getting away with it completely
You must live in the UK.
Come in to my place. I have some 12 gauge slugs waiting for you.

You're so badass

Why thank you

Not everyone lives in a 3rd world country

> implying btc doesn't exist
> implying green dot doesn't exist
> implying gift cards don't exist
> being this ignorant and shilling it

Just saying, breaking into houses in the US is just begging to get shot.
Close to half of the homes have at least one gun.

It's every thread man. People either playing dumb or just being ridiculously ignorant. (Thinking you get 25 to life for carding, Thinking everyone gets caught, etc)

Maybe you guys should do something about police killing people and autists on prozac shooting up schools, huh?

Do you mean ransomware?

Probably.
But what does that have to do with the odds of successfully breaking into homes?

Name of Podcast?

Pretty sure the house thing applies to other countries but the bank thing to the US

Bank robbery is a sucker's game, and that 60-80% stat smells like bullshit.
Marked bills, dye bombs, the list goes on and on.
I'd guess those that get away with it have invested considerable cash in the attempt, and since that's something most don't have (or if they do, are unwilling to blow it on a bank raid), the vast majority are going to be shitty and fail miserably.

I think the point was that contrary to people's popular belief it's totally opposite.

Ask someone if bank robbery is reasonable, they'll tell you it's suicide! You're bound to get caught!

And yet more often than not they get away with it.

>more often than not they get away with it
Really.
What exactly are you basing this belief on?

>Lawyer up—In the United Kingdom, about 20 percent of would-be bank robbers get caught and go to jail. According to the FBI, the cash stolen in bank robberies was recovered in about 22 percent of successful robberies in 2010. If you make a habit of it, by the fourth bank robbery, you're more likely to be in jail than walking the streets.

You need to read a little more.
Bank robbery has one of the highest rates of conviction out there.
But hey, I'm sure you're an exception, and will manage to pull it off.
Good luck out there!

>2016
>robbing banks

Yes idiot...

That's what I'm saying, even SOMETHING as serious as bank robbery - with dozens of witnesses and media attention isn't THAT high of a rate of getting caught.

Which is why cybercrime is a small fraction of that for obvious reasons. I swear some of you people are illiterate or entirely lack critical thought. Use your head moron I'm using physical robbery as an example

>Completely missing the point of the thread, seeing one small part of a discussion and using le meme implying arrows

What's the point of this board again?

Which podcast?

>he thinks people break into houses at night, when the occupants are home
>not at 8-9ish in the morning just after you've left for work and it doesn't matter how many guns are in the house

Ya. You can't really expect much. I'd say do some research on the topic before shilling yourself. Just cause' you have knowledge of the topic, doesn't mean you actually do it. There's nothing wrong with being informed.

This.

DtSR podcast

no but I mean I've seen in threads like this, and even this thread you write it out plainly and they just say "lol no enjoy 80 years in prison"

Which is why our society is in the place it's in, cause' no one actually understands the government and it's processes. It's automatically assumed doing something illegal is 25 to life - enjoy being ass rapped.

Thanks for cast.

I guess it's just how some people cope because it's easier than facing the realization that there are people making your yearly salary in a month, doing very easy "work" that virtually anyone can do if they applied themselves

Which I'd agree with.

And in my personal opinion, research I've done, is it really any different than white collar crime? 2008 is a great example.

Used to scam on runescape, used to flip like 100-200k into 1 rare (5mil back in my day). Was the greatest way to make money

Scamming has always been in my blood, and I want to do it Veeky Forums

Just the other day my brother had his 24th birthday, and my uncle gave him $80 in cash in a card. He got hammered, and I took the money and he thinks it's lost somewhere.

It IS white collar crime though

You're just a nigger dude

There's a difference between making money and stealing just for the heck of it

You're right.

I mean that white collar crime that occurs on Wall Street. Like the recent Wells Fargo scandal for example.

it's probably even the same kind of people doing it

The idea that it's some neckbeard hacker wearing an anonymous mask is long outdated

Yeah it does retard thats why people throw out their morals.

Yeah while your fatass is sleeping, far too braindead from mcds and the 40oz coke. Lets be honest, you're likely gonna fuck up and kill some drunk dude wandering into your house

Lol amerilards btfo, how can they even recover

Russian roulette has even better odds, why don't you go try it.

>Clearing Your Browser History Is A Felony
>destruction of records under Sarbanes-Oxley, which carries a 20-year prison sentence of its own.

>tfw Veeky Forums is a felony punishable by 300 years in a Communist gulag

Damn dude

>Changing a MAC address equals fraud?
>This time, the prosecutors were all over him, and he faced up to 35 years in jail, although it now appears that they were willing to make a deal for 6 months plus probation. But the key issue here is how they even managed to pile up so many charges on him that could bring such severe consequences? The main issue that prompted this was nothing more than breaking terms of services. Every major website has a link at the bottom of the page that links to a ToS, which specifies what you can and cannot do on that site
>breaking a site's ToS usually results in being banned from the site, not going to jail for decades.
>n order to push the case forward, even after JSTOR refused to press charges, prosecutors instead focused on the fact that Aaron had hidden his identity in order to add wire and computer fraud charges. Those are the charges which carry a much heavier penalty.
>what the prosecutors went after, the fact that changing something like a MAC address to hide the presence of a laptop is a crime

>TFW using a vpn is punishable by a minimum of 50 years in max security with 4days a week solitary confinement

Thanks for the warning bro

You are a piece of shit nigger