/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #406

"Get that camera away from me psycho" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10882668
strawpoll.me/10990015
strawpoll.me/11005852
strawpoll.me/11012705
strawpoll.me/11013698
strawpoll.me/11054607

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsVyBHJrNQw
youtube.com/watch?v=w3GR9ipZDdc
vimeo.com/24325924
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Today, when you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
on the day of testing in the wilderness, where your fathers put me to the test and saw my works for forty years.
Therefore I was provoked with that generation, and said, ‘They always go astray in their hearts; they have not known my ways.’
As I swore in my wrath, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

A pirate can survive any storm. So long as their vessel is steady, and their first mate is by their side.
Yargh.

>He cannot want to start a relationship with someone when he's already asking/ agreeing to going out with people at the same time.

Because?

>That doesn't attract anyone

Well, if you do it Warren style (hey you agreed so im gonna call this bitch off), then of course not. You shouldn't tell directly that you have other options, but letting others know that you have options implies that you're attractive, that's good. He needs to learn, and he'll learn on his mistakes.

>he can even potentially lose Brooke, the one girl that liked him in that way.

Just because someone showed interest in him he should fall to her right away? Come on. He desires Max, not Brooke. But he'd get along with Kate, I guess.

>they desire feminine attention and affection. Once they acquire it for the first time, they usually become normal adult men.
From what world did you come? I can't stop laughing at this.

>Not enough Kate x Warren fanart.
Because it's a shit ship and Grahamscott is the one true pair.

Huh. I meant "sturdy" instead of steady, but okay.
Their vessel is Chloe's truck. Or their bed.

Well, you want what you can't get, right? And when you get it it turns out to not be so awesome as you though after some time.

What is some essential Grahamscottcore? It's a curious relationship and it seems that it would most work like a dom/sub thing, though I have no idea how writers would try to fit it into canon

Chloe is cute! CUTE!!!!!

Yeah. If they were together it would be * a lot* of BDSM or stuff like that. But I guess some tender moments of support as well.
I do wonder how Victoria would handle it though.

Hey guys! How that game is stay alive? 406 threads. Whats you doing here ? Whats best was here? Russia connected.

Calm down, Max.
Geez. We get it. Chloe is cute. No need to yell...

I can picture Victoria actually wingmanning Warren, trying to make him less of a loser out of respect for Nathan

I'm curious, do they just do all the subtitles in Russian or do they actually have Russian voice actors in your version?

>Russia connected
c-cute

Subtitles only by one team, who translated telltales games

Our threads unpopular, but not dead. All webm havent sound?

Sound WEBMs are only on a few boards afaik, like /gif/ and /wsg/

Hello 2ch, we're doing fine. Episode 1 going free has brought us a lot of new posters even if some are uncomfy.

Why haven't you guys been working to keep your threads more active?

Maybe. I really could see Warren and Victoria getting along as friends, so wingmanning may actually help them both.
Warren gets help not being a tool and Victoria gets someone to nerd out with. Plus they have the mutual friendship of Max.
Although no matter how perfect things get I cannot see Chloe ever getting along with Nathan/Victoria, or really even Max and Nathan. Yes there was the alt timeline but that was a very different Max.

Max is #1

Kate is #1

>Yes there was the alt timeline but that was a very different Max.
I still don't understand this. The butterfly effect is obviously a powerful force but it just doesn't make much sense that William being alive somehow made Max go from a robot to Stacy while away in Seattle

Somebody comes and lives. Game ended and they havent reason to talking more. We just spend too much time same theme

It's drastic but it does make some sense.

Originally, Max leaves Chloe at a very bad time. Chloe's life just cram crashing down and Max knows it, when she leaves she feels bad about it and her inability to even talk to her best friend makes it hard for her to have friends at all. She manages to get a few but overall Max is a bit reclusive.

In the alternate timeline this never happened. Max moves away without any guilt or sadness. They even keep in touch through some letters. Because Max didn't feel bad for leaving Chloe there, she doesn't have a problem socializing and as such she grow up differently during those five years. Enough that she's able to gain some higher status, but you also see the negative side of this: She's friends with people she otherwise wouldn't be, her relationship with her parents seems to be worse, and Max doesn't seem very polite.

It's showing how people (some more than others) are products of their environment while others are just inclined to be a certain way. It's also a contrast of Max and Chloe, Max changed drastically there while Chloe was very much the same in most ways.
So while it was a little jarring and maybe overdone, the point the alternate timeline made was a good one and helped Max appreciate who she really is.

[tasteful Victoria]

Where is King? I don't see Putin anymore. Also if Abu ever lets you down, you guys can come here if you speak English.

Why do Russians have such peculiar (but cute) memes?

Max then came to her dorm and made sure she was ok.

Max is a good friend. Kate has a lot of friends though and is very loved.

I think if we down i come here.

We would be happy to have you.

Would Kate hate me if I smoke cigarettes?

I think Max isn't as drastically different as people casually assume her to be. Especially the "Vortex elitist" thing does not compute - Max still seems friendly, just with a different crowd. Not like the Vortex crowd is necessarily just assholes either. She's still fresh at Blackwell here too, Courtney even suggesting she does not fit in with them.

Things in her life changed and she did also change, but I think there's still plenty of her personality left; the idea that she bullies people or feels above them does not seem to be suggested in her messages or journal at all. She's still kind and caring, just socially more active and more outwardly self-confident.

And if anything, this idea that some things never change, are inherent to us, the concept of a "soul" or whatever - that we are not merely the product of our upbringing and environment, personality not something merely circumstantial, is something I would rather believe. Much of Max and Chloe's characters is ever-present here (and I mean, they still did share the same childhood, so even in assuming hard milieu theory it's not like there isn't a solid basis for them to have turned out roughly the same), and most importantly, their feelings for each other are too. Even if it really is strange that AU did not visit Chloe before... but there's things to be said about that too.

I don't know, Frank, but it might be a good idea to quit anyways

I feel like if anything Max's sudden friendliness with the Vortex people is a result of her being a 'poser' in the opposite direction as the original timeline - she wants to turn over a new leaf and tries as hard as she can to do 'cool kid' stuff like toking in the bathroom with Victoria. The very fact that Alyssa texts her at all, and says, "I thought you were different", suggests the Max we know and love revealed herself to some degree

I'll try.

Official Warren theme song

youtube.com/watch?v=QsVyBHJrNQw

JUST DO IT

I wonder if Rachel can visit Frank and Chloe in dreams like she did Max.Maybe she can even appear in her human form for them and get a chance to say goodbye. That would be touching to see.

I like these weird Russian memes. More.

True. That she still keeps a journal is telling too, even if I can't quite remember right now how and about what she writes.

I could also see that she's "trying to fit in" just the same here - only succeeding at it? We don't even know whether she has other social contacts outside of the Vortex crowd - chances are she does. Between the Alyssa thing and her probably having told Warren that she isn't into him, I can see that she probably started out socializing with much of everyone - like she begins to in the original timeline too once the powers gives her a little more confidence to talk to people.

Night /lesg/

Good night user

Good night user, Good night /lesg/!

youtube.com/watch?v=w3GR9ipZDdc
good stuff to this thread

Sleep well Katecuties!

I still wish someone would do a Kate portrait in the style of Byzantine iconography

Does Alice go to Kate and Max's tea parties? Can rabbit even drink tea?

Brooke feels lonely without Warren.

kek

Is there like a Russian LiS thread somewhere? I would totally read this all day.

Can give you archive of threads if needed

Let's make our Russian friend feel at home
BLINI ))))

>Russian chans have tons of cool memes
>Polish chans are full of self-hating neckbeards who masturbate to pope

kill me and make me a Russian in the next life

Ty) I appreciate it

I want this more than anything

For a second I thought Russians must be homophobic but then I remembered humans are different entities from the government, or its international reputation for that matter. Still, are you Russkies Pricefield all the way? Because if not, you can stay in your dying threads!

vimeo.com/24325924

Good question. It's just plant residue and water fundamentally, if it wasn't too hot I suspect a rabbit could drink it.
The caffeine might be a problem.

Now I'm wondering... how do they translate all the slang and puns in the game like 'hella', 'shaka brah', 'fuck yourselfie'?

Probably "cyka blyat" for everything. :p

>Recently just found out Victoria can end up in the dark room with you in episode 5
>Always didn't warn her on episode 4 because I thought she was a bitch
I feel like a monster after listening to the things she says at that point now

Most people in the country homophobes . I'm from the generation who keep neutrality. P.S I liked Brokeback Mountain

>not trying to melt Victoria's icy heart

Hella-syka; fuck yourselfie- go on all 4 selfies

Goodnight /lisg/.

Last night yet again I couldn't achieve a lucid dream, maybe tonight?

I looked at how she bullied kate in class and how she shared the video carelessly and how she backstabbed you still when you comforted her among everything else and I just said fuck it whenever she started going on about the bullshit in the club.
But now I see it was just a facade.

I wouldn't mind having Victoria on all four selfies if you get my drift

They made a special texture pack.
Chloe wears an Adidas tracksuit and drives a Lada.
Max ironically wears CCCP T-shirts and other communist stuff.

You are right to feel like a monster. You forced Max to do something she never would have.

I mean, fucking think about what that choice means: You know someone is in acute danger to be drugged and abducted... and you don't tell them because they are "mean"? Max doesn't even want to play petty high school games - she would never actively contribute to risking someone's well-being out of pure petty spite. She knows Victoria is in danger and one of the primary reason why she is at the party to begin with is to warn her. Not doing so is completely out-of-character and narratively stupid.

>Chloe wears an Adidas tracksuit and drives a Lada.
>Max ironically wears CCCP T-shirts and other communist stuff.

Where can I buy the Russian version of LiS?

I-I'm sorry, user.

That's still bullshit.

>Max ironically wears CCCP T-shirts and other communist stuff.
This doesn't sound OOC for Max whatsoever
>swn watch Solaris with Chloe

Install Russifier

That's why I went Ape. Max is just too nice to say no.

Good night user. Watch out with that lucid dreaming now. I experimented with it a few years back, and it messed with my sleeping schedules and more.

...And you have redeemed yourself. It is a facet, behind it lies insecurity, and her own type of wanting to be liked for who she is.

I did the same thing, for the same reason. And honestly, if I were Max I would have definitely done the same thing because I have a hard time telling people no.

She goes with Daniel.

See ; at least you cared to look into her character more after-the-fact.

Agreeing to what is essentially a date is something altogether different from warning someone that's in danger though. But accepting his invitation is nothing bad. She can watch movies with him and still have it be clear that there's no feelings involved.

>she would never actively contribute to risking someone's well-being out of pure petty spite
I want to see the version of LiS where you play as nightmare!Max the whole time and go full Stirner on everyone
It would basically be continual "I was eating those beans!"

That would be demented Max in season 2 if you chose the Bay ending. She basically just roams around Arcadia Bay committing random acts of chaos.

I said no because I didn't want to commit time that could be important later in the week, that early into the game. As well as because I wasn't looking to hook Max up with anyone...until I was enlightened to the miracle that is Pricefield later on.

Share your play times

The only thing is that he makes it clear he wants it to be a romantic kind of date. He immediately tries to hug her. While there's nothing wrong with hugging friends, just his general demeanor makes it obvious what his feelings are. Feelings that Max does not return and even if you say 'Yes' you can read her diary where it says she hopes he doesn't make a move.

26 hours cause I played through it twice only this time to save kate and kill chloe

I seriously regretted killing chloe

Hi, lurker here. Just letting you guys know I read all of these threads. Please never let /lisg/ die.

Achievement unlocked

Tells us more, user. Who is your favorite character? What is your ship of choice? Belgian waffles or Bacon omelette?

>Max is the villain of S2
I think Michel is just hacky enough to do it

>Bacon omelette
Do Americans really do this?

>we never got to steal Frank's RV to go on a road trip to Portland

This is America. We literally will put bacon on everything. We even have bacon wrapped bacon.

Chloe is precious and must be protected at any cost

Max (I'm unhealthily in love with her), Pricefield (duh), and I was dreaming about your bacon omelette.

2 tea for you. Too Cant kill her. and i think cafe wasnt destroyed