Some shit

>Some shit

Neighbor hit my car 8 times over about 2 months. Last time she hit me I said I was taking it to the insurance company since she clearly refused to stop hitting my car.

Insurance company said to pay for it and then I'll be reimbursed for the damages, and THEY will fight for the money that is owed so I am compensated regardless.

Pay for the repairs. Insurance won't reimburse me. Big argument ensues. Start claim against neighbor.

Provide evidence:
>I saw them hit my car
>Measurements of their door and my damage, exact match
>Witness statement saying someone saw them hit my car
>Dent patterns show that it was from said door
>Paint matches

I don't know what evidence they submitted, but I got a letter today saying they are not responsible for the damage.

I'm at a loss and can't understand what it takes to prove they did it when I provided so much evidence, including third party witness statements.

Anyone have some advice on this? What I can do to prove it? I already tried recording them on a hidden camera, which they admitted to damaging and "fuck (me) for making an insurance claim," but the insurance company refused to accept it as evidence because they didn't state their name and acknowledgement for being on camera.

They owe me a pretty good chunk of money for the repairs. What do I have to do to prove they hit me?

If it's so consistent why haven't you installed a camera?

Why don't you just hit her car and say you are not responsible for the damage

Also where do you live and where do you park that she regularly hits your car?

Yeah. Insurance companies are people who want to take your payments and give none of them back. Even if they do, they usually jack up your rates to get the money they paid out, right back from you.

Only time insurance company is aligned with your interests is if you're liable. Then both of you don't want to pay anything out, and they'll work reasonably hard at it. Gotta watch them though, if there's a way they can skate and stick it to you, they'll do it.

That's why I get high deductibles on comprehensive, because unless it's serious, there's no point fighting with the insurance company.

As to your lovely neighbors? Sue them in small claims court for whatever small claims will allow you to collect on. Even if you do get a judgement, they probably won't pay you for it. But you can sell it to a credit collection agency and let them work them over from now til doomsday. And their credit will get dinged and the next time they want to borrow to buy anything, they may have to pay a higher rate or get turned down.

Ultimately you want to persuade them to stop, and you must make them feel enough pain that they think twice before messing with you.

This, street justice dude. Just fuckin cut her brake lines

Are you my dad?

Yes. Now get to your room. No wifi passwords until you've done your homework.

Heres what you do OP because i know the insurance isnt going to help

>set up day when youre gonna go hangout at friends
>leave car at friends
>have friend drop you off a block away
>walk back to apartment complex while wearing a hoodie
>slash her tires and key the fuck out of her paint
>leave

You said no cameras but the hoodie will help.
Your friend will be your alibi and the cunt neighbor cant prove a thing.
I went through the same shit when i lived in the ghetto.

Because they are expensive, and require custom work to focus on the areas of impact.
Because my car isn't a pile of shit like theirs, and I would end up paying more money to repair it.
Parking lot of apartment complex. I've since moved, but because it was assigned parking, I had to wait the 1.5 months for my request to go through with my complex, otherwise they would have towed my car.

Lol you're one of those going by the paper cucks

Do what and wreck her shit up

I like the claims thing. Is it more likely I will win with the evidence I provided? I was thinking about getting a police officer to take the measurements and compare the damage and write me a statement of confirmation or whatever that is actually called. I'll probably pursue this first before proceeding to small claims next week.

I've thought about this too. But that would just be a back and forth at that point with me suffering the majority since my car isn't shit like hers.

If I can't do the small claims thing, yes, I will do this. It has just been so long since I resorted to that kind of thing and I'd rather like to get my money back if I could.

Dubs, yeah you should drive your car perpendicular into her car going under 10mph.

Thats why you set up the camera in your car and catch them in the act.
Then you can file a police report, show them evidence, and get their insurance to cough up.

>Even if you do get a judgement, they probably won't pay you for it
She probably has a bank account, checking account, or paycheck which is all you need to collect. It's not like you have to hope they pay you.

>taking advice from Veeky Forums
>ever

OP this is shit you should be talking about with lawyers or people who actually fucking know what they're talking about

Yeah but then we wouldnt be having fun fucking his life up

Pour bleach and ammonia into her gas tank.

Take a good whiff before you close it to make sure the mixture is working properly.

>Neighbor hit my car 8 times over about 2 months.

Wow, you need to not live next to uncaring drug users or Section 8 people who don't give a shit about other people. Now you know why some people like HOA even if they sometimes get irritated by HOA rules.

>I don't know what evidence they submitted, but I got a letter today saying they are not responsible for the damage.
In the USA, you are innocent until proven guilty, so whatever proof you have was not considered to be proof, but was just circumstantial evidence. For all they know, you could simply hate your neighbor and are trying to frame them in a crime. People do that a lot you know?

Now you know why normal citizens flee areas with white trash or niggers in them like Detroit and other blighted areas in the country. There is no hope being the lonely soldiers of proper good community behaviour when these low quality people trash your way of life and the authorities are no help because LOL NO PROOF LOL.

That's vandalism, take it to the police. Fit cameras to your house.

Fucking start a fire under her fucking car. Say you're not responsible for damages when it burns to the ground.

>Why don't you just hit her car and say you are not responsible for the damage
because life.
i would bet my entire family and myself that if he did the same fucking thing he would be sued, their insurancd would cover everything without any evidence and they would win the lottery just because life is a bitch.

holy shit.
do this, OP.

Having to prove someone's guilt is infinitely superior to having to prove your own innocence.

Why is Veeky Forums so stupid?

File a claim in court against your neighbor and their insurance company if you know what it is. If you have security footage of them hitting your car it will be open and shut. If you have evidence they denied it and obstructed your restitution track on a thousand dollars for your time that they wasted.

You should have done this before you had the damage repaired, using the body shop's estimate.

>Insurance company said to pay for it and then I'll be reimbursed for the damages, and THEY will fight for the money that is owed

You were only told that to either keep you happy with them or for you to go away and stop bothering the person who told you. Claim and Policy agreements are not valid unless in writing and I think it says something like that in the fine print of my own insurance policy booklet.

As for the fighting they do for you, going to court to fight for you costs them money. Why would they do that unless there is something for them to gain or because they are required to? They won't, so that is why you have to either make it such that they are forced to act or you get enough evidence that a court will accept as proof. The word PROOF is more relaxed in small claims court, but it still has to be proof enough. Talk and hearsay don't count because such courts get bold lies and faked evidence all the time, so your proof has to be able to pass the grade. As to your insurance company, talk to the State Insurance Commissioner after you talk to your state attorney general's office for legal options. That's why they are there so you should make use of state services you paid taxes for. In my state with our previous democrat attorney general, they were consumer oriented. The current one is republican and he's clearly on the side of businesses which seems unfair as many consumer cases now get tabled (not formally denied, just no action for lack of enough proof to start a case). By never saying "no" he avoids voter anger but he rarely says "yes" so that pleases businesses that prolly line his and his relatives'/friends' pockets.

He fucked up, he trusted his insurance company. He won't make that mistake again. I hope he's learned his lesson about the true nature of insurance.

They. Are. Not. There. For. You.

OP refuses to say what kind of hitting, but it seems to be just door dings from the context. If it is just door dings, then the insurance company says that is too small to go to court as you have a deductible.

As proof goes, a movie would be closer to proof. Static photographs are not proof. That's because you could simply move your car into positition to take the photo. Or you could open her car door against your car to make a door ding yourself to frame her.

If you are doing all this RAGE over door dings, then perhaps you are part of the problem too. Certainly, she sucks as a neighbor, but you have to do something else whether it be putting up a padded board alongside your car or other shield to stop door dings.

You can get a piece of plywood and put some carpet padding on one side and metal on the other. The padded carpet faces your car and the metal faces the other side. She can chunk her door into your barrier and no more damage to your car.

If she's dinging doors just give hers a knee strike wearing trackies or something, avoid trading paint and getting it traced back to your property. Make sure it's not too big a dent, just enough to be noticeable, but not insurable.

If she escalates (she will) and damages your door properly enough to warrant insurance claims, you can fuck her hard.

OP, she's just giving you door dings?

That sounds like an effective barrier against dings. I'd take it out of my trunk and put it up in some other parking areas, but people would probably come and steal it or take it and bash my car with it. People are just plain angry nowadays at everything because they are not prospering much while they always hear in the media how well the upper crust are doing.

>yeah you should drive your car perpendicular into her car going under 10mph.
You don't have a homeowner association to regulate such nonsense?

OP stopped commenting since it was pointed out this was just door dings and not the implied vehicle collisions suggested by the wording in the initial post. Door ding prevention and restitution is still a valid problem though. Certainly many others have the problem at apartment complexes that "cheap out" by making parking spaces super narrow and the driving aisles very thin. That forces door dings to occur, so maybe OP lives at such a place.

>File a claim in court against your neighbor and their insurance company

You still need proof. If you prematurely file, you use up your opportunity. So if you get evidence later, they could simply dismiss your re-re-re-refiling as nuisance or even bring harassment charges on you for refiling too many times.

This is necessary to get rid of "Customers From Hell" who only have a billion hyper-sensitive complaints and can never be satisfied. There are customers out there determined to never be satisfied as that is their personality.

This. Take them to small claims court. You have enough evidence to get a judgment, and your neighbor knows it, meaning they'll probably settle.