/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Concorde is the true god's plane edition

Previous Thread:
A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____

Other urls found in this thread:

4shared.com/zip/lkrpEnkb/CLS_747-200-300_-_Fs2004__Fsx.htm
flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=133152
wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Build_a_yoke_in_5_minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=aaSRYecKaqc
youtube.com/watch?v=8GW6sLrK40k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for comfy 29

2nd for smoking F-4s

3rd for ohej it's the sun
autopilot is still applying brakes for some reason

Oh hey it's the sugar loaf

what plen?

A2A Cessna 182T IIRC

seksi
CLS 747 here
coming up on Tahiti omw to Auckland
you'd know if you followed my blog in the previous thread

I did my man

747 is a sexy beast.

especially in UAL rainbow
it's a damn shame they've just gone and copied continental and thrown Saul Bass' masterpiece in the bin
fuck United, I want muh old days back

Flying this would be GOAT

D-don't remind me, user... ;_;

VASP was also godlike

4shared.com/zip/lkrpEnkb/CLS_747-200-300_-_Fs2004__Fsx.htm
flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=133152
treat yo' self mah niggie
y-you don't mind if it's a 300, r-right?

MD-11 in the later Varig livery is great too.

I never really liked the VASP blue.

Thanks, but I'm the cunt who can't afford a damn joystick so I just shitpost and blog ETS2. Maybe another time!

>he doesn't know how to fly planes with a keyboard
please friend, do yourself a favor and learn, for your own sake
or do what the other user said and look on ebay for a dirt cheap joystick

>press key
>plane instantly pitches too much, too quickly
I remember trying to play IL-2 with KB/M, it was worse than Hitler.

well IL-2 is obviously harder because you need to be in combat situations
in FSX you just need to take off then set the autopilot and sit back

wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Build_a_yoke_in_5_minutes

Okay, that makes sense from a realism standpoint, but what do you even do while the autopilot is on? Just watch the plane go for literal hours?

Looks neat!

The fuck do you think I'm doing bruh
I'm watching videos and shitposting here, steam overlay is one helluva thing
I don't sit there doing nothing for many, many hours

Well evidently, but with plane controls, are there no events to respond to, or adjustments? I'm not used to flight sims, so the question may be stupid for you, but I don't know any better.

You occasionally need to respond to ATC
But if you're on LNAV like me, no, the plane flies itself

This is why fg is the beast

hey look it's tahiti

Bombs away

>ywn bomb surrendermonkeys
also,
>tfw your salsa was packaged in a mild container but it's actually spicy
>and now your mouth is slowly being incinerated

Ivan is a creepy fucking faggot

k

>mfw I just learned that the greatest air disaster in history was because a pilot decided to take off without clearance
youtube.com/watch?v=aaSRYecKaqc

Anyone know how to use the SVI mode for Mirage/Super 530D?

Of course the spics never updated their manual to include it, Chuck's guide has nothing on it, and no one seems to have made a thread on the forums.

Is there a working torrent for the CUP mod finally or is it still confusing manual patching? I feel like I should finally play some IL2 again after all the WT.

>tfw the copilot probably knew but didn't interfere because he had a lower rank
Loads of these happen for stupid reasons. Air France crashed because noone bothered to look at the artificial horizon. Or didn't process the info properly if they were looking at it.

There are entire fields dedicated to figuring out why this happens and why people make really obvious errors. Really interesting, but few jobs for it.

friendly reminder

I haven't got a fucking clue what any of the modes on the top of the PCA panel do

nor do I. But SVI is supposed to be a special radar mode for the S530. Would like to know how to use it since it's apparently been implemented

Tbh just ask in the forums. Chances are a RAZBAM dev will give you what you wanna know

they actually crashed because one dumbass just kept pulling back on the stick while stalling
natural selection at it's finest

This is why i hate being in an airliner.

Idiots in my cockpit, fucking everywhere.

another crash that I just watched a documentary about, Birgenair 301
the pilot's pitot tube was fucked by mud dauber wasps, but he said the copilot's was wrong even though his was obviously fucked by the fact that it didn't work on the takeoff roll
he ended up putting the plane into a stall and drove it into the caribbean sea, while his crew members let him do it because his pitot tube said they were going like 350 KIAS, even though they were fucking stalling
but they were shitskins so I'm not surprised

Yeah, I think that's about to happen.

Worst case scenario it's not fully implemented and I just look like a dingus.

If the button is there and it visibly does something then you can't be blamed

I made the thread. Maybe we'll get some answers.

Literally all of the information I've been able to find about SVI mode is that it's "HUD scan" mode, which is self-explanatory in its own right but there's some holes left to be filled.

Would be nice to know if it's a full HUD scan (to the edges of the glass) or more of a circular area around boresight and so on.

I wanna know this too. The mirage may be guesswork meme FBW but It's a neat plane and the only 4th gen fighter we have that's full fidelity so far

>may be guesswork meme FBW

I always see this mentioned about the Mirage here, but never a solid explanation of why anons think it's guesswork.

Anyone care to enlighten me? I know its damage model is fucked but the F-5 isn't in much better shape and no one complains about that to the same extent.

Nevermind that fact that I've seen the cunts shrug off both Super 530s and Magics. R-60s and R-3Rs as well.

>flightplan is set to fly me straight into the runway I'm to approach
>ATC sends me 90 degrees in the wrong direction
the fuck?

I guess it's because the M2K is still in service so maybe not all of its performance characteristics are classified? I'm not too sure

>tfw already watched all of mayday/air crash investigation

Because they used performance charts from BMS.

The don't even know the climb profile let alone anything else.

Also it doesn't mean everytime a missile explodes the plane is suppose to die, sometimes it's a proximity hit, and it hasn't damaged anything useful, it can happen.

With the mirage however you stick a missile right into it's nose while it's flying at mach one, and the missile is at mach 3, and it comes out like nothings happened, then you need to stick another missile or 2 into it.
Of course the pilot doesn't try to dodge the missiles because mirage pilots are retarded.

Base ATC sucks but generally it vectors you correctly. When actual aircraft file flightplans they very rarely follow it to the letter all the way through, especially in controlled air space.

sæm fampai
just rewatching old ones I haven't watched in ages because I got nothing better to do with my time
also just had probably the smoothest landing I've ever done, even if the approach was a little choppy
ye but it's annoying when they vector you off somewhere else when you can easily come straight in

I'm also officially in Auckland, which I'm surprised only took 60% of my fuel load when I clearly didn't go direct and had a leg over Tahiti
747 has long as fuck range
Time to install more retro AI before heading to Sydney

You need to modify the flightplan manually. Typical short haul routes from Jacksonville to JFK automatically track all the way to the west coast before going north and then coming back all the way east. Because I'm used to the route I know which waypoints I need to use and can modify it manually.

>God's plane
More like Govno's plane. You don't even need skill to fly it. Flew back to base with a missing wing.
With a missing wing!

>not centerline
rooooooo

dood lifting bodies lmao
shut up, I'm not very good at landing, and the ILS wasn't centered for whatever reason

Holy shit the AI in steel beasts is frustrating

>set up a dumb little entrenched defense position with a minefield in front of it, intending to see how combat engineering vehicles perform under fire while breaching minefields
>because there are trees, both sides arbitrarily can't see each other, despite the fact that they clearly can any time I hop into the gunners seat of tanks on either side
>when the defenders finally do start to open fire, the attackers continue to follow their waypoints as if nothing is happening, rather than responding to the fire at all

Looks super comfy, watched it on loop to this youtube.com/watch?v=8GW6sLrK40k

Ops tonight lads?
F-5 vs MiG 21 ops again when?

So what?

Only F-15s can fly without a wing?

Yes, just like only F-15s can win
And only F-15s can fly at high alt and have music on

>Page 10

/simg/ I need your help.

The one type of game that is truly comfy for me is Baja racing- just sitting down for two or three hours uninterrupted and speeding across an empty desert in a fuckoff powerful truck or buggy.

The only game I have seen in years that can do this for me is Edge of Control, and while I can do a two-hour haul on it, a lot of the 'features' are irritating as fuck.

Has there been any releases that can scratch my itch?

>firestreak seeker heads
hnnnng

Can we ban SFM posting?

Now that is pretty fucking niche.

we doing bms tonight senpai

Have you tried Fuel? It's not very realistic in terms of the vehicles themselves but the environments are breddy good and driving is fun

I know, right? Seems kind of weird that it would be- who wouldn't want to be able to just race at high speeds for hours without stopping and having to deal with menus or AI. Or itchy-fist inducing voiced 'bro' managers. I'm looking at you, Dirt3.

Looks pretty, I will say that. Reviews seem mixed like you said, but I'll give it a go, thanks.

>dirt 3
>he doesn't enjoy bitch & bastard banter
weak senpai, i bet you didn't enjoy gymkhana either

>gymkhana
Nope. I drive rally to feel grit in my ass and bugs in my teeth while drifting around cliff edges. Arenas are dull as fuck for me.

>/tacg/ didn't even make it 12 hours

I feel evil

ded

Blame Greg, he linked it to Kerri

why would I blame myself?

>Air France crashed because noone bothered to look at the artificial horizon. Or didn't process the info properly if they were looking at it.
>very high AoA turns off the stall warning due to unknown software error
>get stall warning
>pitch up until it goes away
>this make sense

Fake and gay

Train simulator general when

>Is there a working torrent for the CUP mod finally or is it still confusing manual patching?
Still no torrent afaik. The patching isnt that confusing though, but its really annoying to do.
I went for HSFX + VPmedia mod pack for better textures anyway, CUP kills my FPS.

What is /tacg/?

it's a magical place

shitty idea via harmtard

Mission 5 is about ready now. Just some quick preview screenshots.