Woah vikings were shit

Woah vikings were shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangian_Guard
dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/viking
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>people who treat war as a for-profit enterprise lose to people who treat war as a government service

Color me shocked.

Woowee the stuff you learn on Veeky Forums

Then why the fuck everyone says vikings were such great and fearless warriors?

They weren't bad warriors, they were just too dumb for battlefield tactics and strategic thinking.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangian_Guard

Because those same people romanticize the crusades user, its because they're retarded.

>muh berzerker rage
>muh Valhalla
>muh Odin and Thor
>muh glory in battle even though all I ever really side was rape and pillage woman and children

>posts organisation that also had Saxons and Russians in
>and said organisation was defeated anyway

formidable as fuck

wtf I hate vikings now

Kill yourself.

I have a legitimate question about Vikings, their descendants and the effect they had on medieval Europe. I've heard that Normandy was given to Vikings by the French King but why? If France gave it to them because the Vikings demanded then it meant that Vikings posed enough of a military threat to France. I've also heard that Normandy was given to them to serve as a buffer from other Vikings but then that would mean Vikings still posed a significant threat that France gave up a substantial amount of land. Also how did the Normans, Viking descendants, manage to conquer large swathes of Europe from England to Italy and even manage to start the crusader states? That makes it look like the Vikings weren't just romanticized pushovers who constantly lost to peasant levies.

You haven't bothered to read the article, have you?

I fear this place isn't for you. Take you "bantz" to

>>whoa cherrypicking sources is shit
Fixed.

Because Franks wanted a buffer zone from other vikings and muh descendants argument is incredibly fucking idiotic Americans are descendants of Europeans does that mean Europeans nuked Hiroshima?

>does that mean Europeans nuked Hiroshima?
Well, it was white devils who did it, so...

Woah trading and raiding unarmed farmers that's totally warrior like I changed my mind vikings were excellent fighters I bet they could even kill a puppy while losing merely half of their warband in the process.

Technically Europeans did invent the atomic bomb and dropped it on Hiroshima. A lot of the people working on the Manhattan project were from Europe. Also white Americans are just Europeans outside of Europe who have been Americanized.

Keep flailing shitposter, the norse were an unholy terror to europe and even when they were defeated from time to time they typically inflicted heavy casualties upon their enemies.

I've never heard of some of these battles. They seem to be merely skirmishes.

But I have heard about the Battle of Svolder. And the thing there is that both participants were "vikings". So I assume this post has more factual errors in it.

>le pagan terror of yurop xD

especially Sweyn Forkbeard right?

You are conflating all sorts of questions here, the Invasion of England 1066 was financed by the pope f.e. I'd win a battle too if I could hurl spears at Saxons from horseback all day long. The reason why Normans were successful is because they integrated into European culture, both in the military and in the political sense.

Also
>battle of stamford bridge
>vikings
That's a strech... Just because they are Scandinavian doesn't make them vikings.

What a retarded mental gymnastic. Who else were they?

Why did the pope finance an invasion of England at that time? Wouldn't the English have been Catholic at that time?

Norwegians you dumb fuck

It was an invasion force led by a king to conquer another kingdom

I would argue that you could make a giant list of ANY country or civilization getting wrecked in battle. But at the same time i feel like the vikings were just stupid barbarians and they are just romanticized the same way pirates and ninja are.

And said invasion force also plundered along the way and traveled by ships which by definition made them fucking vikings. Also nice excuse
>hurr a larger group of Norsemen fucked up badly surely it means the smaller raiding force are better warriors xD

What the fuck that might be the worst definition of a viking ive ever heard.

>plundered along the way and traveled by ships which by definition made them fucking vikings.

yeah no shit faggot when armies are invading a nation ACROSS THE BLOODY OCEAN YOU FUCKING THINK THEY WOULD NOT ONLY HAVE TO SAIL THERE WITH A SHIP BUT TO ALSO PLUNDER THE FUCKING LAND FOR SUPPLIES.
I know what your getting at but goddamn you said it terribly

dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/viking

kill yourself