Right Veeky Forums, me and my gf are buying a new car. The problem is...

Right Veeky Forums, me and my gf are buying a new car. The problem is, she isnt a car person so all she wants is cheap and reliable. I don't want to spend my money on something that bores me to death. The best compromise we could come to was either a fiesta, mazda 2/3 or the big version of the fiat 500. My main problem is that they are all REALLY slow as well, like 70 hp max. And then if you opt for something bigger, it costs 10k more.

So what are some good ideas at least CLOSE to the price of a fiesta that are also at least a little fun and good looking?

Not much into american cars.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_WybR9pE4E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Making a financial commitment with a girlfriend

Lol

why not buy a car you like and let her use it if she doesnt give two fucks about a car

this is just sad

either pick a cool fast car that costs a lot and commit or get a cheap pos that is slow and boring and fucking deal with not being a car person

get a used hothatch i guess?

/thread

See Tonya, this is a nice car...

youtube.com/watch?v=l_WybR9pE4E

OP. Let me give you some advice. Never do anything legally or financially binding unless you are married to the girl. Trust me on this.

>buy gf of 2 years a cheap $2k car because she needs something to drive
>break up 8 months later
>vehicle is in my name, so I try to sell it
>"you can't sell my car! I paid for 2 of the oil changes, and therfore makes it mine!"
>but I paid $2k for it with my cash and the title is in my name.

Long story short, I sold the car, but not after having to "steal it", and dealing with her father threatening to take me to court because it was considered "a gift".

Also, another tip: Never date cheating Italian whores.

FiST would be a decent compromise, OP.

Is her son going to drive it as well?

I suspect either OP makes less money than his GF or is a complete neet living off his gf.

Tell her to fuck off and buy her own car.

Do you have a job? Do you know your credit score? How much do you make a month? How much cash do you have for a down payment?

this. What happens when you break up in 6 months?

Do not do it.

>Right Veeky Forums, me and my gf are buying a new car.

How will the car be split up if you and her split up? Also, the person whose name is on the loan gets the debt if the other person trashes the car in a fit of rage.

A co-owner car has certain legal problems and if the other party is smart, she can shaft her boyfriend with a legal move as pointed out by Longpost Guy in one of his stories. He posted a good one about a guy and girl who split up but they had a co-owned car with payments. One of them now needed a car and did some tricky maneuvering to leave the other holding the bag in Longpost Guy's story. What was done is a cautionary tale for you too as it could be done to you. You should look up that story and be educated about the trick.

In my state, if you live together in the same household for one contiguous year, but aren't married, the jointly owned property can be considered equally owned unless a contract was signed specifically designating that car was not equally owned. If she put in an oil change, then she has equity in the car and it thus is half yours and half hers. It depends on state law of course since many states don't have "palimony" type laws for people who live together extended amounts of time but some do. My state is one of those that if married, property is jointly owned even if you brought the house in wholly paid for under your name with only your name on the deed. After one year, and if she put in any equity (paid for even $20 repair materials), then she now has equity claim for half UNLESS you had a pre-nuptial contract.

2.5 Mazda 3 approaches 200 horses and isn't a boring drive at all. Comes in auto unlike your pic so even better for the wife.

I see it coming. The car debt loan is primarily in your name (you are the primary loan holder even though there may be two names). The car ownership has her name and your name as joint owners.

TYRONE enters the picture with the Penis of Happiness. It's not like your automatic as he uses a full manual transmission - he's a hands-on guy when driving your GF. Double-clutching with his heel to her toes in bed, he enters the turn in 1st gear hooning at high RPM. Quickly switching to 2nd he whips around the turn as she slides around the turn squealing from the slippery pavement. Upshifting early into higher gears, it's tough going as the RPM is slow but the pressure on the engine is fierce. Tyrone downshifts and the RPMs go way up again! Pounding down the homestretch, he goes into overdrive and the RPMs immediately slow down but the high torque continues to climb. Tyrone has all the gears mastered as he takes a few victory laps to cool down. The GF is ready to autocross anytime with Tyrone.

Tell her to stretch her cunt over a cactus and fuck herself. Buy what you want. Don't let her start telling you how the cabbage gets chewed, because it will never stop. Perhaps re-read "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie"

Scion iA

Sucks to be a cuck. A real man would just buy what he wants. If she don't like it, don't drive it.

Buy two used cars.

Old Mazda 3, she can get a Fiat 500L from 2010 if she really likes shitwagons

No, YOU are buying the car, SHE is telling you what to do.

>What happens when
>implying it's a for-sure thing
kill yourself neckbearded virgin edgelord. Who let you out of your containment board?

>cuckold bossed around by a gf
>looking at buying a hothatch

> auto
> better for anyone that isn't crippled

>*my girlfriend and I

>Never do anything legally or financially binding unless you are married to the girl.
This this this.

>*my girlfriend and I

What happens when your girlfriend stops making her half of payments on the new car? Are you stuck with it? Since you are the primary signer, it is your credit rating that goes down. But since she is listed as co-owner, that is separate from who pays the cost of your new car. So she has the best of both worlds. You cannot sell the car without her signature, but you have to pay it. You have to buy out her half of the car and if you need the money now, she can force you to give up your half pennies on the dollar because you are desperate.

What happens if there is a collision or accident? Is she separately insured with her own insurance? Will her insurance cover damages if it is her fault or an UNDERinsured or UNinsured person hits it or will you have to eat the rest?

You have to cover the insurance questions before buying because the COSTS have to be covered or else you will have the situation of where she doesn't have money to pay her half of the car, but she will still continue to drive it. And give that Tyrone rides in it too.

>trusting anyone outside of your immediate relatives/very close friends
its almost like you want to get fucked over

Or he could go full autism and go stick on a car he and his GF share. Sounds like a great plan.

>Or he could go full autism and go stick on a car he and his GF share. Sounds like a great plan

Her signature is needed, so that won't happen. It's just that so many GF & boyfriend relationships break up all the time. Who knows, maybe when she is unable to pay her half for a few months in a row, OP will get angry, then she gets angry, then this car payment thing is what causes them to break up.

Now, they are broken up. Angry at each other and want revenge.

This car will come back to haunt OP and he'll be too embarassed to post in Veeky Forums that we were right.

>The problem is, she isnt a car person so all she wants is cheap and reliable. I don't want to spend my money on something that bores me to death.

Forcing her to get a car that she doesn't like but has to pay for is going to come back to haunt user. She's going to use that "you forced me to get this overly expensive car!" as an excuse to not pay her half one day especially if OP is the one to put most of the miles on the car.

INNOVATION:
Each month's car loan payment is based mostly upon a split of the miles driven. That is, at the end of the month, the miles driven are totaled up for each person. Then to equate for other factors such as depreciation (time based) and loan interest, a base number is calculated to be added. THUS:

user: drove 450 miles = 450 points
GF: drove 240 miles = 240 points
Base Number = 100 points

user thus pays (550 / 890) = 62 percent
GF thus pays (340 / 890) = 38 percent

You must be in a shitty relationship. I told my girlfriend (now fiancee) early on that I'm a car person, and that'd I'd be buying myself something nice and fast. And because I told her early on, she respected that and let me do as I please. We both make decent money. But when I put a down payment on my car she ended up surprising me and forcing me to add $3,000 of her money on the down payment. saying to consider it as a gift.

OP, I just convinced my wife we should get a WRX. I advertised it as a mid sized sedan, plenty of space for groceries or hauling a painting home, gets nearly 30 mpg on the highway, it's nice and quick for pulling out onto the highway, but it starts at 26k. She recognizes Subaru as an economy lifestyle brand. We take delivery on Monday.

Even Bunta got a WRX because it's practical. It's GOAT

Well op you could do it in 2 steps

>step 1:fck her in the pussy
>step 2: buy the fuckin car you want

user, I just buy what I want because I'm not a whipped betamale.