Alright, give it to me straight - Did Jesus look like this?

Alright, give it to me straight - Did Jesus look like this?

Something like that. Remember that he was a Levantine Semite.

Nobody knows. The person in question has been dead for two thousand years.

Sorta. He was unassuming. The earliest depiction we have of Christ paints him as being slightly thinner.

It is the facial average of a Semitic man from the region.

It's impossible to tell.

No it isn't, it's constructed from a "random" skull.

They obviously picked the niggerest looking Palestinian Arab in an attempt to humiliate White Christians and shake their faith. I'll stick to the traditional, received image thank you, which is this one

You are not a Christian and you should stop pretending to be one.

No u. Reprobate.

So what the fuck is this depiction even based on?

>we have reconstructed what a random levant might have a looked like 2000 years ago, could be Jesus y'know ;^) could be literally anybody else too though :D

>Later the emphasis of leading Christian thinkers changed; Jerome (d.420) and Augustine of Hippo (d. 430) argued that Jesus must have been ideally beautiful in face and body. For Augustine he was "beautiful as a child, beautiful on earth, beautiful in heaven."

>Palestinian Arab
I mean, the image of Christ Pantocrator in iconographic form is of a semite. Jesus obviously wasn't 'white'.

That Jesus looks like a somalian not like a levantine from 2000 years ago

Yes.

Jesus Christ, user, how can you question a non-shopped 4K photograph of the first century, here on the Internet.

Facial reconstruction based off of skull measurements of various dead Hebrews, with skin, nose, and hair based off of Mizrahi Jews.

So yeah, it's not what Yeshua would have looked like, but it's what an "Average" Jew 200 years ago would have looked like.

Every culture changes what he looks like to suit their culture.

Here's what Ethiopians think he (And Mary) looked like.

>implying "Palestinian Arabs" existed before 1967

Korean Jesus.

>implying Jesus existed

That's actually very beautiful. Got anymore of them?

Keeping that in mind its funny how the modern west depicts as the culture's Jesus

He looks 100% like a modern muslim
Probably to get them used to worshipping mohammed

I'm atheist but i think is absolutely right actually

You do realize Mizrahi Jews are very closely related to Arabs, right?

It's like complaining that a depiction of Otto Von Bismarck looks "Too Austrian".

Actually no. Your example is retarded and a non sequitur because portraits of Bismarck are accurate depictions made by eye witnesses whereas this "Jesus" depiction is absolutely random and unrelated to every traditional depiction. There are Jews and Levantines today that look very much like and yet they chose a man that looks the most like an Arab from the Arabic Peninsula.

Mizrahi Jew.

>LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU JESUS WAS A CELT LALALALALA

"Realistic" "Jesus"

Funny how first you say
"Every culture changes what he looks like to suit their culture"

And then when i say that is also "changed to depict the culture" you disregard that entirely and start defending how is totally accurate actually !
lel

This vision of Jesus is just as biased as the others user. And you know very well it's not at all about representing a mizrahi jew, but only about representing a brown person.

He could pass as an Arab.

What does Usama have to do with Jesus? He was from fucking Yemen by ancestry.

The joke
>
>
>
Your head.

In my art history class, which I should have been paying attention.

According to Christianity, there was a contemporary who made a portrait of Jesus long after he died and he made an icon which all icons are based after in Orthodox Christianity.

Now I was paying attention, but not I can't remember his name. Ah yes, it was Apostle Luke who supposedly made the icons.

He could also pass for

That being said he could also pass for white.

Guys this is how Jesus REALLY looked like, I promise you. It was reconstructed in a totally random and scientific way. If you don't agree you're a white supremacist racist who wants to kill 6 million Jews.

Real Jesus according to descriptions by all 37 disciples

Honestly, no. He probably looked more like this. You see the first israelis was ruled by kings who was black. John hyrcanus the last black king of israel was overthrown by the romans who ruled israel for a couple of centuries. Until herod the great black general overthrew the romans and exterminated them in the social war. Now blacks was running israel again and a roman wasnt seen in the region again until it was sacked by titus and the romans eventually killed or sent the black israeli to africa. Jesus christ was black.

Isn't that literally what the average 1st century Levantine looked like?

I imagine Jesus would be a bit better looking, if only because he clearly had charisma. Then again, Hitler and Gandhi weren't really lookers.

not even getting into the black bullshit, but Herod collaborated with the romans to get the throne, hardly overthrew them. it was because of him that Judea became part of the empire

>overthrown by the romans
>implying the romans weren't black
He fell for the white man's lies.

No shit a Jewish science team came out with this

That's an edited copypasta. Don't reply to it.

That said, I'll totally make a thread about that once I finish reading Josephus and then we can talk all about it.

>tfw murder-suicided the wrong elephant

>all that mingames ITT
Jesus was considered to be ugly and short, please google historical descriptions of jesus, not much in the bible but early christians up to medieval era did wrote about it even non christian sources confirm this fact (josephus)

The point is even thoguh he is short-ugly etc he is the king, the true king. Early Christians were proud of the fact that their King was not some 6'4 Blonde with Greekgodlike figure. Celsus for example said he was an ugly manlet and that was okay.

Josephus doesn't give a physical description of Jesus

>Celsus
Shill giving himself away again. Celsus was a vicious anti-Christian Pagan, who also wrote that Jesus was a bastard son of Mary with a Roman soldier, a blasphemy which was later incorporated into the Jewish Talmud.
>But goys, mean guys, early Christians were okay with this too! I promise!

Yeah he do. He said he had wooly hair

No.

Sorry I was going to put celcus at the first paragraph, hence the dot at the bottom, but do take a look at these Christian descriptions

Tertullian states that Christ's outward form was despised, that he had an ignoble appearance and the slander he suffered proved the 'abject condition' of his body.

According to Irenaeus he was a weak and inglorious man

The Acts of Peter he is described as small and ugly to the ignorant

Andrew of Crete relates that Christ was bent or even crooked

in The Acts of John he is described as bald-headed and small with no good looks.

both Hierosolymitanus and John of Damascus claim that “the Jew Josephus” described Christ as having had connate eyebrows with goodly eyes and being long-faced, crooked and well-grown.

MC Ride in 20 years.

Look! No sources!

I'm willing to believe all this. In fact, Jesus being handsome rather undermines his point, doesn't it?

>Some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last.

found two go read
Tertullian, On the Flesh of Christ, 9.
Irenaeus, Against Heresies IV.XXXIII.12.

Or don't, they are probably shills trying to shit on your precious 7 foot white blonde jeeeesus, fucking shills always insulting muh god's apperance. I have to go prepare for work, but do google early christian descriptions of Christ.

I find it extremely funny that modern christians have a complex about it (as in the case above you) while early christians were perfectly okay with it and sometimes boasted how a meek-ugly dude can be "the king"

Some of your "Christian descriptions" (gotta love it how you phrase it; very good job ;^)) are in fact only referencing the Bible
Isaiah 53:2 says:
>He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him
Had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him is far from saying he was ugly.
Here's the only physical description of Jesus (Revelation 20:11-15):

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

No, that's what a random peasant from around the same time may have looked like, based on a skull.

Ever been to the Middle East? Most of the stupid durkas still look like this. But almost everyone who's a little above the masses in intelligence or education basically looks like they could be Southern European.

Still better looking than (pic related)

>Another scheckel has been deposited on your account.

in*
Damn.

>Here's the only physical description of Jesus
Actually I meant to quote Revelation 1:14:
>The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

Going with this description he may as well be an anime character

And is fictional, so imagine him however you like.

>Written at least 50 years after his death, by someone who never could have met him, about ergot poisoning.

mizrahi jews arent necessarily an accurate resemblance to palestinian jews of 2k years ago. The stereotypcal distinctive looking ashkenszi jews are much more levantine looking then your average mizrahi And samaritans are a genetic snapshot of ancient jews, very different looks to mizrahi.

theyre closely related to them (in appearance atleast) from breeding with them

>jewish science team
>a.k.a the people who despise him and consider him a false prophet
>"lmao goy no reason we would make him look as arabic as possible"

This is my Jesus.

and that wasn't even his final form.

Shieeet I didn't know intelligence correlated with looking "European" (whatever that means, since it's proven that Levantines have no blood from southern Europe but southern Europeans have more than plenty from the Levant). You learn something new every day with Stormfront.

Mizrahi jews didn't mix with Arabs genetics prove it.
And Samaritans do look like mizrahis

Samaritans are the Israelites that stayed in the Levant while the rest of them were forced to leave by the Assyrians