/ssbg/ - Super Smash Bros. General

Dont let it die edition
>News
- Update 1.1.6 now available for download!

- 1.1.6 Balance Patch Notes:smashboards.com/threads/436806/

- 1.1.5 Balance Patch Notes:smashboards.com/threads/433162/

>Resources and Guides
pastebin.com/vN9tKBx1

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/4chansmashleague
challonge.com/4chansmashleague3ds
youtube.com/watch?v=9A-VChjUNcg
youtube.com/watch?v=FdYSgrGUwJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=Yxz4wee5kkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SIEG HEIL!

No thread rules forever. Only death is eternal.

Wake up, /ssbg/!

open your eyes!

Do you get salty when you lose? Why?

No because I know if I lost, that usually means I fucked up somehow
So I just try to learn from my mistakes

Morning

The Smash League is running now, use the general and the discord to organize your matches!

Bracket a with the discord links for matchmaking:

Wii U: challonge.com/4chansmashleague

3DS:
challonge.com/4chansmashleague3ds

NOTE: If you want to join the league, contact me.

kill yourself jpuff

Tell me about Pit
>Horrendous safety on everything
>Terrible disadvantage, no airborne movement speed
>Can't kill for shit
>Recovery is pretty slow and lacks a hurtbox, easy gimp bait
Why is he mid tier?

I didn't even sleep fuck off

Someone make the real thread without chazos OP please

Thanks for the filler thread, here is the real one with all the important stuff in the OP:

This thread was first. You let the older thread die without your constant samefagging.

>wrong OP information

>wrong previous thread

Better luck next time

sage

This OP is fine. Nobody is complaining but you.

This is what art is

We are here

This thread has the right previous thread and OP information sage

Are you ever going to boot the people that arent playing their matches?

This thread is fine. You dont need to throw a hissy fit. Go back to samefagging your duplicate thread, since I dont have the time or patience to do that myself today.

Posting in both threads, I guess.

How do I improve as Samus in Sm4sh?
I play on 3DS because no WiiU, sometimes press to jump gives me a long jump instead of a short hop on Samus.

My Zair game is garbage.

I can't ledge trump into reverse charged shot for the life of me, fast enough. And sometimes I get missiles instead. Am I pressing B too fast after flicking?

How do you do the repeating first jab? A into Down into A over and over?

Tell me your best Samus strats. I've only been playing Smash for 2 years, and my experience is Smash 4 and Project M, so anything helps.

I'd just like to improve for local and online play. Especially online since that's where I'm destroyed the most. Like literally shit on. And it just isn't input lag. I'm aware that I suck.

Cute!

Matser your character's movement, then you can truly master the game. The strings and stats come naturally once you fully understand what your character is capable of and how they move.
and this mostly comes from raw experience. Very few people play samus competently, so id stray away from their advice. They might know what might work, but they dont know WHY it works and how to get your enemy in situations for it to work.

Lucina is such an ugly dyke in comparison to those two

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I will, but next week.

Friendly reminder that we are here

This thread was made by chazo because he was not allowed to put his own discord in the OP

keep your vendettas to yourself, this thread is fine

fuck off

this

Its official guys

Is it too late to join this?

No, just message the TO.

Corrin, Marth, Falcon, Ness, Megaman, Pikachu, Mario are too high.

Link, Lucas, Luigi, ROB, Peach, Olimar too low. Backroom is full of retards that should look at more than just tournament placing.

That's not inescapable right? Besides perfect shielding couldn't Roy even counter the Gordo by standing or jumping from the ledge?

all roy had to do was roll behind DDD. he was fucked the moment he did the default get up into shield.

Why are you people posting in the wrong thread?

Go here

stop spamming your shitty duplicate thread.

he also couldve just waited then dropped down and upB'd again to hit the gordo if it was about to fall on him

Well she is explicitly supposed to be manly enough to be mistaken for Marth.

I agree with advice, but to be hypocritical you might find these videos useful to learn some options you have. Movement is still most important and you get that through extensive practice.

youtube.com/watch?v=9A-VChjUNcg

youtube.com/watch?v=FdYSgrGUwJ8

youtube.com/watch?v=Yxz4wee5kkg

Depends, Wii U or 3DS?

This thread was made first

see >with all the important stuff in the OP:
This one was made by chazo out of butthurt

Does d3 have any good ledgetrap setups like rob or are they all easy to avoid? I thought he had something that could force a dsmash or something like that

nobody cares.

Its one of only 2 things DDD can do really well.

Nothing is guaranteed, just like even Rob's isnt guaranteed, but they are some of the few characters that can cover nearly every option all at once, and only rely on the D3 reacting properly, and the opponent reacting improperly.

Oh my bad I thought rob had guaranteed setups with his gyro on the ledge if he did it right. What's the other thing d3 can do well?

Nah, itd be stupid to be able to create entirely unwinnable situations like that. All you have to do is jump up and grab rob's gyro, or just sit on the ledge and wait, which is where DDD differs a bit, because depending on his positioning, the gordo he tosses will fall down and potentially stage spike someone if theyre stalling for too long. On the flip side, even if everything goes right for DDD, the best thing he can realistically do is dsmash the enemy backwads, which wont kill until like 150%+. Unless hes really specifically positioned to make his dsmash knock the enemy toward the closer blastzone, which is rare.

D3 has a very fast fall speed. 2nd or 3rd fastest in the game, if i recall. He can go from hovering to grabbing you extremely quickly. Not that he can do anything worth while out of a grab at any %, but its still a free grab if the enemy is waiting to shield something, which they often are.

>advertisement
>important stuff
I fail to see the problem

Thanks I didn't know all that about d3 and appreciate the explanations.

How the heck is Mario "too high?"

Not him, but the only reason they put him that high is because of tournament placings, namely Ally. Mario is a solid high tier, but should not be in the same level as the really best characters. Same could be said for Cloud.

>the only reason they put him that high is because of tournament placings
thats literally all that matters on a tier list. which is precisely why hes placed so high.

No, that's not all that matters. Hypothetically, if the best player uses the worst character and wins most of the tournaments, that does not make them one of the best to use. Frame data, matchups, etc. should be taken into account in addition.

if that were the case, megaman and his death footstool combo from 40%+ should be up there with mario and sonic.

Numbers and hypotheticals dont actually matter. When a character is good, people will win with that character as long as theres players that play them. and sm4sh isnt some niche sport. millions play this game, and thoursands upon thousands play it seriously.

>Numbers and hypotheticals dont actually matter.
Tier lists in and of themselves are a hypothetical, so of course theory plays a part in making them.

>millions play this game, and thoursands upon thousands play it seriously.
What is the relevance of this? And if so many play it seriously is a point, then why do only the top players' placing determine where a character is on a list?

Im just saying that theres no 'undiscovered or underutilized' characters, except maybe the miis. Its not like suddenly people are going to figure out that ROB is actually as good as sheik and Cloud.

Mario is as high as he is because lots of people play him, and the ones that do place well in tournaments for the most part. If we had 50 major tournaments in the few months since the last patch, you'd unsurprisingly find that the characters on that list would fall into very close categories on a tier list based entirely on results. It doesnt matter how hypothetically good the Miis are if nobody plays them.

why is why miis are always on the very bottom of every tier list, despite there being no way some of them are as bad as a few other characters. Except the swordfighter, he belongs there.

Literally no one uses them
Their use is frowned upon by the community at large
People would rather just say the miis are bottom tier and be done with it than entertain any conversation about them

Which confirms my stance that hypotheticals dont matter on tier lists. All that matters is results and perceptions of those results.

I think it`s because people still base tourney's off results. Like sure, results do help, but I feel that the potential a character has is more important.

I don't disagree
But the miis are a weird case where they're softbanned by the community at large because of
>muh not a real character
and are even straight up banned at quite a few tournaments.

I meant to say that they base a characters tier placement off of results, not tourneys

See the mii brawler and gunner. So few people play any of the miis at a competitive level that nobody is even aware of their strengths and weaknesses, so innately assume they have no strengths.

What tournaments have straight up banned miis in this day and age? even guest sized 1111 sets are practically universal everywhere

>wake up from your nap
>see this coming at you at full force
what do?

I hate that they limit the Mii's moveset and then place them on low tiers. Like the point of the Mii's is to be CUSTOMIZED, and limiting that goes against their design.

Be that as it may, default Miis (The gunner and brawler) arent bad at all and have very significant strengths over lots of characters.

Play Ice Climbers

Don't post in chazos thread
We're here

fuck off you salty bitch, go back to samefagging your duplicate thread

This thread was made first so we post in it, isn't that the rule from the previous threads? Please keep the discussion about Smash Bros. and continue shitposting in the other thread.