Subaru BRZ V.S. Scion FR-S

Subaru BRZ V.S. Scion FR-S
Thinking about getting a BRZ but i wanna know the differences between the two to make sure i get the one that fits my needs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YPtiHW34iwk
motortrend.com/news/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/
youtube.com/watch?v=8-gBbFxK5qQ
ft86speedfactory.com/engine-43/supercharger-kits.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally the same car?
Just choose which one you like the look of better, or which one you can get the better deal on.

They have different bumpers and AC control buttons.

BRZ costs slightly more, has a slightly softer suspension, and a better looking front fascia, at least in my opinion. I'd go with it over the FR-S, personally. It's hard to go wrong with either, despite the memelords on Veeky Forums who might tell you otherwise. There's a reason why literally every automotive journal reviews it favorably, 200 crank hp and torque dip be damned.

OP here, i was thinking the same thing you were and i believe im gonna look into the BRZ, it may only have 200HP but its not like im gonna take it out to the track ya know? Does anyone know any good semi-cheap mods to do to a car to make the acceleration a little quicker? i could care less about top speed to be honest.

>I don't mind 200HP
>How do I get more horsepower?
Make up your mind

Trade it for a V6 Mustang.

New header, exhaust, intake and tune will get you a little bit more, turbo, and supercharger kits are plentiful and are almost 100% bolt on.

newfag reporting in, is this for real?

Buy a used one and spend the extra money on a supercharger

buy a car that doesn't suck

E85 conversion and a new mapping should remove the torque dip and give you another 20 to 30 bhp.

youtube.com/watch?v=YPtiHW34iwk

>2-seater
>manlet car
>slower than an old civic
so since you weren't talking about the miata what were you talking about?

K20?
Brz/frs/86 are modern ex civic coupe teir

Ye, had a friend that ran e85 and gained (roughly) 30whp with exhaust/intake. Car was plenty quick without it though, and it really ruins the gas mileage.

>it really ruins the gas mileage
Who cares, it's a whole lot cheaper too. Unless you care about how far you can get on one tank, which would be ridiculous with this kind of car.

>civic
>faster than a cup miata

lel'd 2bh

the miata is objectively better than the GT86

>but its not like im gonna take it out to the track ya know

Sure, I agree. The only issue was that at the time e85 wasn't as commonly found at gas stations a couple years ago and he often had to go out of his way to get gas. It's definitely a fair tradeoff for 30hp though.

I'm living an hour from the next gas station that has E85 and it's almost as expensive as regular gas. Fucking Germany and its pseudo green policies.

>favor one car over the other
>objective
>"le the car I like more is objectively better! Hahaha I learned a new word on Veeky Forums XDDD"
>his hairdresser car needs thousands of dollars worth of mods to beat a FF econobox made 20 years ago

Op just get a Corolla XRS. The fastest corolla ever build. 305 HP.

>the miata is objectively better than the GT86
>the roadster is a better car than the coupe!
>the orange is a better apple than he apple!

>literally mad

motortrend.com/news/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/

>1:29.91 for the MX-5, 1:31.27 for the BRZ.

>>literally mad
About what?
The miata has no backseats, how can you objectively compare it to a car with backseats?

That's like saying a Cayman is a better car than a truck. Well fuck, some people need to tow boats.

To be fair, the BRZ/FRS backseats are useless unless you're a small child or a dwarf.

>the roadster is a better car than the coupe

objectively true

>implying the GT86 has backseats and not just a parcel shelf

Formar BRZ owner here. If you want a daily driver with keyless entry and climate control, get a BRZ limited edition. If you want a fun car to mod, get the FRS. However, there are much better daily drivers for the price and the twins are still way too expensive to be fixer upper cars.

>can't put full sized people in the back
>might aswell not be there then
Have you never thrown you backpack behind the seat, or your groceries? If you flip them down the boot has like three times a miata's size. Also plenty of room for a soundsystem if you're so inclined without sacrificing boot space.

>Oh no a second and a half slower around a track means I can have absolutely no fun now knowing someone else has a faster car

Benchracers are the only ones that seem to think numbers are the be-all-end-all. Also, the top end Miata is 10k more than the FRS/BRZ what's your point?

>Also plenty of room for a soundsystem

*tips flat-billed hat*

BRZ has some more sound deadening as I recall, but its negligible.

Are you buying used or new? Used its pretty much whatever you're willing to settle for. New, you're going to find a lot of FR-S's before BRZ's because its almost a 10-1 ratio coming out of the Gunma plant for them in the US.

>could care less

FR-S is space invaders

BRZ is not space invaders

BRZ is just more asthetically pleasing in some ways.

>Type R is an econobox

Lol the civic is lighter and has more horsepower. I'd hope it was faster in a straight line...

Prepare to be outrun by minivans.

>Prepare to be outrun by minivans.
youtube.com/watch?v=8-gBbFxK5qQ

Short of an espace F1, I'm having trouble thinking of a minivan that is faster ;-)

oh look it's slower than a minivan guy

I can find no evidence to support your claim.

The wives are all ugly as fuck, no real loss here
Wtf is up with the naked fag
The car literally isn't powerful enough to do donuts on anything else than a slippery surface apparently
That song really blows

Who the fuck thought this ad was any good

>minivan

Would you call it a Sports Utility High Roof People Carrier Wagon? A SUHRPCW?

Crossover.

Point is moot too, since less than 100 of them were even made. That's about the same amount of total McLaren F1 variants made. Not exactly high volume here. (plus with a 13 second 1/4 mile, they'd beat a LOT of things).

>Point is moot
Your entire post is.

>LOLITROLLU

>having trouble thinking of a minivan that is faster
>post minivan that is faster
Now move along.

>Having trouble thinking of a minivan that's faster short of a low-production one-off model that will smoke most cars.
>Post a low-production one-off model crossover that will smoke most cars.

T. Busrider

Neither, both are shit. Get a damn corolla

Everything on Veeky Forums comes down to getting told to buy a civic or civic derivative eventually. It's quite disgusting.

Okay, so what do You think people should buy?

OP said he wants to buy a BRZ or FR-S. I think he should buy a BRZ or FR-S.

I like what i like so dont judge faggot

Op here, thanks for being the only only to give me a straight answer on this shit-teir thread, ill just buy both

Oh piss off retard, there were a couple of posts with the actual differences between the two and the real OP has probably closed the tab hours ago and has gone to bed.

How can the 86 be a sports car when even the worst Celica, the car it basicly replaced, is nearly as fast? A car that is fwd, with less power, critizised for being slow and 14 years older?

Find a used any of the following for the same or less money that are all faster, better looking and more likely to drop panties for the same money as FRS/BRZ.

V8 Mustang or Camaro
E46 M3
Porsche Cayman
S2000
WRX
370Z

Im joking you inbred faggot after looking through all of the acual helpful replys ive decided to get a BRZ

>Im joking you inbred faggot
Refer to
>piss off retard

>wrx
>panty dropper

Supercharger kits aren't too expensive...
ft86speedfactory.com/engine-43/supercharger-kits.html

Just say this out loud
"I drive a Subrau BRZ" and "I drive a Scion FR-S"
Which sounds better to you
Get that one

If you are buying new you should look into the Toyota 86. I think it's looks better than the FR-s and should be FR-s priced

Because retards like you think a stock car is the only way you're allowed to drive a vehicle. It's fucking hilarious how many people fail to realise the 86 is a platform car meant to be modded. There's tonnes of room in the engine bay for forced induction, there's even fucking pre-drilled mounts for a Turbokit, and all parts between the 86/BRZ are universal to keep the costs of production down.

It's like complaining that your fishing rod isn't catching anything because you forgot to put fucking bait on the hook.

Op here from yesterday ive decided to go with the brz because i like the looks of it and ive found one cheaper than the frs at a dealership so ill update you if i get it.

>Toyota and Subaru worked together on it, so they could both rebrand it and sell it. It's made in the spirit of a cheap, economical sporty car. Like the old Toyota Corollas.

literally the same thing.

>i wanna know the differences between the two
who won lemans?

"I drive a Toyota GT86"

I wish they would announce the pricing for the 2017 model so I could start shitposting.

lmao me too family

>Panty Droppers
>Mustang/Camaro
>Pussy Porsche
>Hairdresser's car
>Dyke dirtcar
>370Z

kek, the only one you got right was the E46.

>"I drive a Toyota Hachiroku"
>tips fedora

This honestly, you can pick up a used 2011-2014 V6 Mustang for around $15k

>buying a car without ecoboost
BTFO!!!

>backpack
>sound system
What about your monster drinks and vapes?

But it is slower than a van. Miatas and new 86s are ridiculously slow. Average Camry and accord can smoke these 2 little cars. I've driven and seated in both

Brz is a little bit faster desu

>he bought a BRZ/FRS instead of an ecoboost Mustang
>he bought a WRX instead of a Focus ST
>he bought a turbo Camry with a wing and an 11 year old engine instead of waiting for the Focus RS

>buy a new car
>hey let's put down another 20k to make the car only comparable to average sport cars!
Found the underage who thinks his moded shitbox can race real sport cars

>he rides the bus

>he uses any other engine except ecoboost

that was the worst add for a car I've ever seen.

kek you bought the wrong mustang fella

brz

will one day buy one to seal in a hermetic bubble to sell in 20 years for a shitload of money to young kids since most will be modded to shit or wrapped around poles by then.

>i know what i got

It will break right at the end of the test drive and your two decades of work will be for naught

Oh youre one of those red light racer fags, figures.

This desu, got mine for 11k with the perfomance package.

>What about your monster drinks and vapes?
I'm talking about the uses of backseats besides seating people. None of the bullshit you could possibly spew makes them useless to the point where they're irrelevant for a GT86 vs Miata comparison.

depend if can't put at least one 350 lbs normal size man in it then it's irrelevant

>350 lbs
>normal size

>depend if can't put
>350 lbs normal size
>then it's irrelevant

Amerifat detected

Just shut the fuck up and wait for Toyota 86, which is literally coming out soon because Scion is kill.

isn't the scion just a rebadged GT86 for the NA market ?

because 400-500hp cars are getting better mileage and the amount of money spent is moot