/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 25th:
357 – Battle of Strasbourg: Julian, Caesar (deputy emperor) and supreme commander of the Roman army in Gaul, wins an important victory against the Alemanni at Strasbourg (Argentoratum).
1543 – The first Europeans and firearms arrive in Japan.
1830 – The Belgian Revolution begins.
1939 – The United Kingdom and Poland form a military alliance in which the UK promises to defend Poland in case of invasion by a foreign power.

>News
EU4 Rights of Man DLC announced

EU4 DD18/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-18th-of-august-2016.963425/

CK2 DD 19: The end is nigh
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-19-the-end-is-nigh.963090/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11078013
strawpoll.me/11078013/r),
steamcommunity.com/id/smallbubba
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

If you are looking for CK2 DLC and the game:
OR
Crusader.Kings.II.The.Reapers.Due-CODEX

Thankd god for fixes ck2

Fixed

Thanks

strawpoll.me/11078013

IMPORTANT POLL

He probably won't be able to conquer you, but he will raid you, and he will take your bitches.

I haven't played vanilla in god knows how long; I recommended 1066 because they should be divided and you should have a decent chance to get marriage alliances while still getting to choose between multiple viable options.

/gsg/, let's play fill in the map.

Rules:
>Only one country can be added per post.
>Countries can not exceed roughly 100 provinces.
>No changing countries that have already been filled in.

sometimes if I'm playing a female in ck2, I jerk off to the portait
am I weird?

Has anyone played with Reaper's due yet? Is it worth it?

>5 years in
>my half-brother is already getting cucked
I'm seriously considering disabling this shit now, I mean I get it she's lustful but she's a fucking muslim, she's risking death. The other guy isn't even hedonistic or anything.
I hope I can at least execute her while the other guy should be seriously punished,

What ethnicity, and do you have a portrait pack for it?

epic poll

Kingdom of Hungary and Croatia

gross byzantiums comfiums

No.

typically white

disable it. it's not like seducing and or cucking doesn't happen without seduction. it just happens passively and the rate at which it happens is much more reasonable.

Iceland strong

>can't imprison and stone her
Literally fucking why
WHY
I exposed her and shit all happened

Where's the option to change defines/enable and disable stuff in game?

can you ask your liege for land in conclave?
i am considering enabling it for just this feature, but is it worth it? just how cancerous is the council mechanic?

czechoslovakia
dark blue
1970-1980 borders

ebin poll mate

Be specific. The actual ingame ethnic group. Norse, Saxon, what? Though if we're thinking of the same ones, yes you are weird because the ones I'm thinking of are ugly as fuck.

New Update
Disable AI seduction focus

supernatural maymays actually enabled, tho

>you can stone people as muslims in ck2
paradox NO!!

i am not sure if it's possible IN-GAME, maybe someone else knows how.

comfy portugal goals?

I already took the Highlands mate

Yeah that's what I will do next game, probably. I'm not really that pissed about the AI doing it but a muslim shrugging it off and me being powerless to shit about it.

idk

southern japan and brazil

Updated with these.

Yours overlap with existing stuff, do you wanna change them?

Do they look like the French/English characters?

you can't stone her because she hasn't betrayed you, but your brother (in accordance to game mechanics). if your brother had some land, he could punish her himself. though, i am not sure if that would be possible if you landed him afterwards.

just do bohemia then
pu with poland borders

Should I disable defensive pacts?

So is CK2 based and white yet?

You won't even notice them unless you inherit a kingdom in lategame

At that point you can just steamroll over the coalition of all of europe anyway

That's bullshit and a failure of the CK2 system. They treat every religion as feudal europe, where each lord is the law, judge and executor (which should still entitle me to killing her). Muslims SHOULD work differently, with separate judges condemning her to death.

I'm white, don't know about the rest of you niggers

>southern japan
?

go for historical size at least, half of the indian and indonesian CoT were under portuguese control by 1540 IIRC
Goa, daman and diu are a most, colombo, malaca, timor&flores and a couple others are optional

Then it would be smart to have to send a request to your court imam to stone someone to death just like you'd send a divorce request.
Doesn't it fuck up the AI as well, though?

it won't affect any AI realms realistically other than mongols

were talking about vic2, nerd

DO IT

Added.

The Red Army is making slow, but steady progress against the vile fascists. They seem to have run out of manpower reserves, as every offensive runs into less and less resistance. The Bulgarians and Romanians have seen the light and defected to the righteous side of Communism. The Bulgarians were, unfortunately, lost quickly to German forces in the vicinity that were able to consolidate their positions in major Bulgarian cities before Red Army units could reach their new Bulgarian allies. They were made to pay. The Anglo-American forces were largely pushed out of the Balkans, although they were able to force several other landings throughout the continent. Meanwhile, Soviet scientists are racing to create new plane designs that can make full use of new jet technologies.

you see, reddit gotta immerse themselves in a "islamic golden age" environment where they play as a reasonable muslim leader leading his people to greatness.

realism has no place in such an environment.

Added Kingdom of the Greater Baltic Free People's Republican Order.

Stoning is just ISIS propaganda, Islam is a religion of peace.

Added Greater Bavaria

I'll add those 2 gimme a sec

>kingdom of croatia and hungary
>doesn't include bosnia

I.P: 109.153.155.14

Checksum: (UUYR)

Server Password: gsg

As shown by the previous strawpoll (strawpoll.me/11078013/r), this is a THEMED game. Players will be playing (unless we recieve too many to fit) in the Byzantine Empire at game start. /Gsg/ did this once before and it was extremely fun and hype.

>What you need:
Just the CK2 base game and you can join.

We previously ran a game with 70 years OOS and crash free. The game runs way better on the new patch also. Join up! It will be fun.

fuck off back to your steam group

maritime republic of barcalona

Going to start a new game to test the new patch, who should I play as?

Here.

t. steamgroup

Adding, but do you want a different color so you don't look like Poland or UK?

It looks different enough, so I added it.

Fixed a Baltic lake.

JOIN

>cant find game

>not pirate friendly
fuck off johan

we have 5 people in m8

it's literally impossible to play ck2 with pirated copies otherwhise i would

maybe it is with gameranger or hamachi or some third pary bloatware but idk and it probably wouldn't be as stable

added the great eagle empire of egypt

>plague spread shit
>'Shit, not again'
>get an event about dancing
>plague is called the dancing plague
>'Oh, it's a joke event'
>look it up to see what it does
>find out it was a real thing

I can join random mulitplayer games, but not yours lol

are you sure you didn't make a typo

the password is gsg remember

Could one of the people in the game post their steam ID on the thread? I'll add them and see if I can join through that cause otherwise I'm unable like the other user.

Are you guys excited? I sure am.

We start about 30 years into the life of the Roman Empire, at the very start of Pax Romana. Rome is the largest empire in the classical era, and has conquered most of the known world. To the north Germanic tribes still hold their independence.

The union of Portugal-Navarra and its protectorates.

I legit belly laughed at this.

>"Come play with me user. We can chop wood forever."

I've been playing HIP in CK2 exclusively for the last few months. Who is someone fun to play in Vanilla?

Oh yeah, totally, I just realized I accidently typed **fuck you**

Lets just play our own loser game without them user ;_;

Is it just me or is CK2 running better after this patch?

steamcommunity.com/id/smallbubba

add me

That's one of the major features, so no, it's not just you.

None, I'm still waiting for that HIP update
Yes, it is

pls someone respond. i like playing as a vassal so i want to know.

The first 50 years where not that exciting. Rome is peaceful and mostly warns its neighbors, staying true to history.

The barbarian tribes do however war some, with the most significant being the Gepid conquest of Dacia, it will be another 100 years before the Dacian people once again rule themselves.

Both Rugii and Hermunduri also expanded their borders through conquest of their neighbors, splitting the Lombardy tribe between them.

Alemanni and the Goths also grew some, assimilating the smaller tribes around them. This arrangement of five tribes (Rugii, Hermunduri, Francia, Alemanni, and Suebi) will prove to be a quite stable balance of power for at least the next 200 years.

kek, qt pic

Suur-Suomi

The two most significant event during the years 100-150 AD were the Gepid conquest of the Goths and Burgundy, making them the largest tribe in Europe, and second only to the Romans, their glory days will be short, however.

The other was the unification of the British Isles by the tribe of Corieltauvi, who from being one of the smallest tribes on the British Isles went on to conquer and annex all its neighbors, with the exception of Iceni.

Rome has expanded into Crime in multiple wars against the Sarmatians.

Morzhovets Island Empire added

keep it up senpai ,i'm liking it.

Meant 50-100 in that post, my mistake. Anywho.

We now see the fall of the Gepids, starting with numerous rebellions in the south resulting in the release of Dacia, the northern tribes of Venedi, and Burgundy break free. The Hermunduri tribe seizes this opportunity and they as well expand into former Gepid land.

Rome continues its march into the Crimean area, but a new horde, known as the Huns have banded together just east of the Empires newest expansion.

if i take off the mask will you die?