Buying first car with family

>buying first car with family
>would be satisfied with a manual Civic or Corolla
>parents insist on a 2004 Accord LX
>"I don't feel like teaching you manual."
>"Manuals are for sports cars!"
>"No 2 door cars, they're dangerous!"

Anyone else know this feeling? At least I ended up with a reliable car, although I'm ditching it for a manual as soon as I get the title in my name.

Other urls found in this thread:

racelogic.co.uk/_downloads/Misc/Racelogic-ebook-advanced-circuit-driving.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds like they don't understand cars.

But look on the bright side, they care about you being safe.

>automatic 2004 Accord

Oh boy...

Same thing happened with me, I settled for a RSX. Not a bad daily, kinda slow though. Parents didn't care if it was a manual or a coupe though.

>Parents are buying you a car
>You're being a little spoiled shit

I'm so surprised.

>Anyone else know this feeling?

No, because I am a stupid fucking millennial faggot with bujie family buying me a car

Just drop something else in there, hondas are super easy to do conversions on. A H22A and a 5 speed would be cheap speed

To be fair, if I was buying my kid a car, I'd want to buy them something they atleast liked. You're more likely to take care of something you like, as opposed to turning it into the hoon mobile and treating it like a piece of trash.

Is there something terribly wrong other than the fact that it's autotragic?

There's always one person like you.
We're poor as shit. I am not spoiled at all. Why can't you just fuck off? Stop making assumptions. A car would be the only thing ever bought for me in my entire life, and it's going to be at maximum 2000 dollars.

I had to fight kick and scream to get a manual car user, you do the same. It's a ridiculous culture we live in. tell them its more reliable, better on gas. Also Honda automatics are fucking horrible and prone to breaking

>Trying to make a responsible purchase
>Being spoiled

My parents bought me a 17k car that's total garbage when I'd been doing research and wanted a car 1/3 of the price (I won a bet that I'd get a car if I got above a 30 on the ACT). And if I ever complain about it, despite it actually having problems, I'm spoiled. Can't win.

Honda couldn't into automatics at some point in time, and many cars from before 2005 were recalled because of their failure-prone transmissions.

>complaining about a car that you're getting for free
You don't get to whine about anything related to your car unless you paid for yourself. Stop being an entitled piece of shit and deal with it.

Fuck off dude

>not spoiled
>acting like a spoiled little bitch
Topkek

Why are you even here

>mommy and daddy won't buy me what I want
>better whine on Veeky Forums

B8

The purchase isn't finalized yet, I'm just out of ideas on how to convince my parents, and I need a car by Tuesday because I start my new job then.

>waaahhhh my mommy and daddy won't buy me a miata or rusty piece of shit 240sx for $2000
>wahhhh they bought me a reliable car that can get me to and from my job so I can earn money on my own
>abloobloobloo I can't brag to my internet friends on Veeky Forums about THIS
Just suck it up, faggot. It's their money and you have no right to tell them what they can and can't buy with it. Drive it until you can afford to buy the car you want.

If all else fails
>accept car
>get some paychecks from wotk under your belt
>sell Accord
>buy manual civic
Can this shitposter fuck off and stop making assumptions and constructing strawmen

>Won't even write "Bait"
>"B8 R8 M8" shit?
Fucking stupid

>>I don't feel like teaching you manual.
this is why Boomers are a cancer on this earth.

>get everything handed to them by their parents, get taught how to drive stick, how to repair their cars, etc
>decide to never teach any of that to either Gen X or Gen Y

>he browses o
>does not see cars as anything to feel passion over
>sees cars only as A to B boxes

>miata or rusty piece of shit 240sx for $2000

Except you didn't read my original post faggot. I just wanted a manual Civic or Corolla, I didn't want an autotragic boat.

My dad didnt want me to get a miata, because he thought the insurance would be expensive

IF I CAN'T HAVE A MANUAL CAR NEITHER CAN YOU YOU SPOILED SHIT

Meh, same happened to me. Consider myself very fortunate. I love my boring little '09, automatic Corolla S. 1.8 liters and 120 hp aint too bad. Manuals are waaaay more fun though. Save money and buy one eventually. For now be appreciative, kid.

>He thinks a manual civic/corolla is going to be remotely fun
>Muh VTEC
>Muh weedwacker torque

Christ alive, get off the computer and stop fantasizing about ricing your first car

Why are you here

I got bored at your mom's house, need to waste a little time while she freshens up

Bad answer

Also, learning stick is easy as fuck as long as it's synchromeshed. Just watch some tutorials and find an empty lot. Then when you nail driving on streets, practice on a hill. Repeat for years and experience happiness.

TFW mummy and daddy gave you a dented in fucked up paint truck and you were happy to have something to drive.

>TFW visit the family and see siblings with ~10k cars that mum and pop bought them.

Feels good being the hated first born.

>if you like Civics you must be a Honda fanboy

She died when I was a baby....

maybe don't be an entitled shit, OP

I would be fascinated to know how you managed to extrapolate that from the post...

OP here, if I can't get a manual I'll be thankful for what I've got. If it gets me from A to B I'll be happy. At least using this car to get to work eventually I can buy my own manual car.

Tell them how unreliable that car is, how manual is better for mpg, how the Accord is too big for you and too expensive to maintain etc

Same though. I got some shitty rusted old celica. The fucking thing had ove 330,000 miles on it. They paid literally $350 for it. But my younger sister was just given like a 08 convertible mustang.
Then when I bought my is300 my mom told me I was being irresponsible.
literally what

>not sticking with the celica
Traitor

I'll try to steer away from that Accord but as long as it's reliable and gets good MPGS it'll be OK.

That Accord has a transmission that's prone to failure, so that'd be a good argument to find a manual one.

DON'T
SETTLE

RSX is not slow by any means

>parents bring me a plate of shit
>"But I don't want shit."
>omg you're so fucking spoiled

Have you tried running over your mother? With your sister's mustang?

>a free car is the same as a plate of literal feces
>being this entitled

I don't have much of a choice unless I want to bike 7 miles to work every day.

When you're smarter then your parents on a subject it's pretty understandable to want to make your own decisions

>people still taking this guy's bait

Pull up in same old truck since I had the dents pulled out and painted and done tons of work on it.

>Jeep Wrangler
>It's automatic
>ON A JEEP
>Beep BEEP

Other sibling now driving
>Ford Escape
>Nice new paint job

As the older one I should be happy for them but all I feel is disgust.

No, OPs parents know their son is a weeb who wants a manual so he can rice it out just like his Korean racing cartoons

It was a steaming shitheap. It was literally held together by like plastic cable ties.

My kid is probably about your age and I'd beat the fuck out of him if he came whining to me about what I bought for myself with my money. You're a spoiled little shit manchild.

B8

I did that for a summer and didn't whine about it like a bitch. You're probably fat.

Yeah, I got my is because I had so much extra money after financial aid (mostly loans) I decided to actually get a car that wasn't tied together. I did what I could on it but really wasn't worth what I did do. But like I came home for spring break and I had got my new car like 2 weeks before and I thought my mom would be happy I got something nice for myself.
>Get home
>So happy to finally be away from my uni apartment because my roommate is just awful
>Mom comes out smiling then see's car
>"Who's car is that?"
>Uhh It's mine. I just bought it last week
>"RRRREEEEE YOOOUUU"RREEE SOOO IRRESPONSIBLE WITH URRR MONNEEEYYYSS UR GUNA FAIL IN LIF IF U KEEP THAT SHIT UP"
>Literally argue for an hour
>Sister pulls up in nice shiny autotragic ponystang
>Ask mom how much she paid for it
>10k

This is why I just moved in with my girlfriend and confide everything with her.

So you agree FF is bad?

The only way to work is a fucking highway with almost no shoulder.

I never said that FF is bad
That celica was bad.
It was held together by zipties and rubber bands
I used wire clothes hangers to keep the exhaust together.
The car still handled great.
But to fix it would cost more than my car did.

You're a bastard of a dad. Kid can't come to you and say he doesn't like what you got him? Doesn't mean he's a brat and unappreciative. Just would've wanted something else.

>His parents don't love him enough to buy him a new car

Hahahahaha who new car here? Feels food having parents that love you don't it bros?

no I bought a new car myself.

Could bait be any more obvious?

>His parents bought him a nissan!

yeah honda autos from the 90's up until the mid 2000's were ABSOLUTE SHIT in terms of reliability.

also they were ABSOLUTE SHIT.

It's not my fault your parents don't love you. Believe it or not there are parents that buy their kids new cars, go watch my sweet 16, that's a drastic example of it

Same thing happened to me. Parents bought me a $19,000 brand new subcompact automatic. I literally wanted the $5,000 manual Honda Civic that was on the lot, but my mom freaked out like I'm suddenly Amish or something for wanting a manual car.

>Parents didn't buy me a brand new car because they couldn't afford one themselves
>They still went out of their way to make sure I had something
>But it's not brand new so they don't love me?

Could you be more autistic

could you? you're falling for horrible bait.

>Manual
>Doesnt realize that a clutch is a wear item

If your parents really loved you they would of taken out a loan

>Everyone has shit parents like me, no parent has ever bought a new car for their kid!!!

former honda tech here, that applies more to the v6s than the i4's

autotragics with a f23 in front of them should be fine for a long time with maintenance

Civic somehow still does ok thoes years. Everything else on the other hand is vw bad to gm quality.
This. Dad got a 6k shitbox from miami that was brought to nc to a stealership. He got it for my brother and it was handed down to me. Could find better for 3k easily. Ive gota replace parts biweekly. Need to replace rear stabilizer linkages cause bearings on them are busted.

Accords dont handle like a boat but id be concerned about size.
Depends on condition. If the a solenoid has clogged or been fucked with it aint gona accelerate much.

>Anyone else know this feeling?

No, because I had the freedom to choose my own car, with my own money. I bought a 14 year old hot hatch, and had a blast with it.
It was, however, a money pit.

If you want a sports car and your new to cars I'd suggest don't get all hung up on what car you get aslong as it's manual , cheap and reliable you'll be ok.

Make sure it's an easy car to drive fast if that's what you intend on doing. I can tell you don't worry horse power doesn't mean shit once you get into you'll learn how drive and if you crash a cheap car who cares. Best to pick a cheap FF car first if that's what your gonna do. Don't be a retard and buy a fast car that you can't drive properly yet.

It's not like the kids gonna be able to make propper use of a sports car anyway he'll probably write it off if he try's to. Maby best he gets something cheap to make the inevitable not so expensive.

I remember when I bought my 325i at 18 one of my friends parents wouldn't let them go in it "because rear wheel drive is dangerous"

They genuinely thought that I was going to crash it because it was RWD. I am in the UK, so everyone else my age had FWD hatchbacks, some of which were more powerful than my car, but he wasn't allowed near my car. Very bizarre. This is despite the fact some of them had already written off previous cars, but he was fine to go with them.

5 years later I still have the car and haven't smashed it, nor have I ever crashed a car for that matter.

racelogic.co.uk/_downloads/Misc/Racelogic-ebook-advanced-circuit-driving.pdf

For anyone new to cars and wants to go fast

>read the pdf
>get some basic info on how drive
>get 10 steps ahead of the other retard p platers
>profit

>"I don't feel like teaching you manual."

Sounds like he can't drive a manual

When I went car shopping with my dad he didn't want me looking at any luxury cars
>"No I don't want you driving this $4,000 (older model. LS400) lexus. Why don't you get this $4,000 camry instead.

After a while of not agreeing on anything he just said "fuck it get whatever you want but I'm not helping you with anything"

I ended up with a 2002 civic si (ep3) because I figured out what I really wanted was a manual toe-gay car

Your dad is a cunt

>cheap speed
Honda fag pls stop

It's called tough love, what's it like being raised by a single mother?

Dad ended up getting me oil for an oil change and paying for the registration; nigga was bluffing

I want all people under 18 to leave this fucking board already.

>le "people I don't like must be underage" meme
neck yourself

OP's parents are buying him a car for the first time you fucking mongoloid.

16 is lower than 18.

>everyone's parents buy them a car at 16

They do for faggots such as yourself.

I got lucky

>went a look at a few shitty hondas with sticks
>Dad was not OK with me having a old jap shitbox
>he runs out and buys the cheapest shitbox with a bowtie on it
>its an Aveo with a 5 speed

He never taught my brothers or mom how to drive stick.

I didn't get my first car until I was 21
>"I got my car at age 16 that means everyone did XD"
You are stupid dude please stop posting any time

I didn't get a car until I bought my own, homoking.

>"No I don't want you driving this"
>tough love

That is not tough love m8 that's just being a cunt

When I bought my first car I saved up about $1200 bucks and my mom helped me out with the rest. I do all my own maintenance (anything I can) and I've had the car for 4 years.

Worked out pretty good for me