Veeky Forums 3 years ago

>Veeky Forums 3 years ago

LMAO AUTOTRAGIC!!! AUTO SUCKS CAUSE ITS SLOW, MANUAL IS SO MUCH FASTER LMAO YOU DUMBASS

>Veeky Forums today

AUTO MAT BE FASTER BUT I A GOOD MARGIN BUT IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT PERFORMANCE YOU KNOW!!! MANUAL IS FOR COOL PEOPLE LIKE ME, NUMBERS DON'T MATTER!!!

Explain this manual fags

Automatics have gotten better, manuals haven't.

DCT =/= auto

/thread

you can't /thread your own post, but I can for you
/thread

>The autos that are faster are not auto!!! Shut up!!!

I can taste the manual tears

sequeintial manuals are better in every way than auto

/thread

You weren't here 3 years ago.

we already said /thread. thread is over. you tried.

/thread

automated manual transmissions (DCT) are faster
automatic transmissions (Torque Converters) are not
at least off the drag strip

On the contrary, manual performance improves with the driver first, then the machine.

Still, I wish the trend of automatics wasn't so popular. It would take a lot of bad drivers off the road if they weren't so prevalent, make it a truly luxury thing.

Explain auto corvettes and camaros compared to their manual counterparts in the current year

>People who are bad in autos will somehow be better in manual

Nigger are you retarded?

>the only type of auto that's faster than manual is far more expensive to buy and maintain, while still being less fun to drive
>hahahaha manualcucks BTFO how will they recover

And yet people still reply.
This really is the worst board on this fucking site holy shit.

Guess what retard, an auto camaro is faster than a manual camaro and you can get a camaro for like 24K. You also forget auto cars now have a manual mode

>Wahhhhh people are posting in a thread I went /thread in. Why won't anyone listen to me!!!!

Fuck off you man child

>b-b-b-b automatic is faasteeeer don't tell me otherwise my automatic is a race car I swear it's true
Cucks

Hi OP

faster 0-60? or just overall?
the manual should always be better than the slushbox for rolling pulls, but from a standstill modern automatics are great.

In every way possible the auto camaro is faster than the manual camaro.

Hey cry baby

what is the Camaro auto anyway? is it that 8 speed?

Yes, the new camaro auto is an 8 speed. The manual is a 6 speed

kek

>"i bought a chevy"

More gears=more things to go wrong.
Autofags BTFO

I guarantee OP won't be able to refute this

1/8

It's simple: manuals are much more fun and lively feeling cars.

see

>2017 the year of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ
>automatic
>manual
>he doesn't run on a single gear

ISHYDIGGYDOO WHERE ARE YOU?

>Koenigsegg
still slower than a gtr, kek

rofl, automatics:

>have a limited life regardless of how you use them. Every time an auto shifts, it burns up the internal clutch plates a little bitl.
Most modern automatics don't even have dip sticks any more, you just use them for a period then junk the whole car. Absolutely disgusting.
>automatics are only ever REACTIVE devices. In addition to replacing the mechanical task of shifting, which they do well, they are trying to replace the logical task of preparing the car for the situation. Even the very best autos are merely 'ok' at doing this for normal driving, and they all get flustered by performance driving.
>try to downshift BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP disallowed
>downshift into first is always jerky as fuck for some reason

Autos lose any possible benefits they could have the moment that you try driving a hilly/twisty road. At best, you can flick it into manual mode and use it as a really slow and clunky manual. Most drivers will just burn up their brakes instead though.

Syncro manual is the god's transmission imo

>Autos in 90s/early 00s
4 gears, no control

>Autos now
6-8 gears, control

Manuals have had more gears to now. Everybody buys old cars because new cars are fat shitty and underpowered.

>fast acceleration with shit top speed

Wasn't the GT-R supposed to be the wangan king? I guess not anymore.

>still slower around a track

Yeah, the automatics transmissions that cost more than an average car are good. You're not going to get a decent one in a car that costs less than $90,0000

>implying America is full of corners

closet civicfags come out of the closet

Why haven't they banned fully automatic assault transmissions? The average civilian does not need them.

the mono has a sequential manual transmission

its fun to troll viperfags, but they are on our side this time,

>implying Alphonse was ever in the closet

okay, that was funny
It still proves ecoboost is better than the viper engine.

HEY CUNTS, GET ON MY LEVEL
>too many corners=too much turbo lag

BAAHAHAHAHAHAA
Gays are closet FFfags, at least StolenRecaro's has come out.

the mono has a duratec N/A you massive furrygaylord

>a non performance ford engine outperforms the best of chrylser
Wow, Chrysler is even worse than I thought.

>DCT complicated, unreliable, expensive to fix
>CVT complicated, unreliable, expensive to fix
>AMT complicated, unreliable, expensive to fix, slow as a wet week
>conventional auto complicated, expensive to fix, slow as a wet week

fuck that
Also if your shifter doesn't go directly into the transmission, your car is a POS.

>Chrysler
>not the FIAT overlords

t.user

>manuals come in 20th place when compared to automatics

BTFO!!!

I enjoy driving manual?

>2017
>cables

>implying

It's way easier for a customer to fuck up a car with a traditional manual, which is why manufacturers are phasing them out.

But the 997 GT2 RS was only available with a 6-speed manual, and it's #4 on your meme laptime list.

I have nothing against automatics.

I like automatic cars...

However if you ONLY know how to drive an Automatic you are not a real car enthusiast.

I only know how to drive automatic cause it's the only car I got lad. Feels good men no friends own a manual.

Theyre btfo by gtr nismo, explain that

Dct vs Cvt vs traditional hydro autos.
Traditional hydro loses because comp wont read rev and pressure fast enough to swap gears properly and still downshifts a lot.

>drive 4 speed auto
>mostly driving in 2nd at 2k instead of 1st at 8k

I'm tired of this bullshit. I'm not getting any power at 2k not to mention I'm getting 16mpg instead of 25. A rebuild will cost more than a swap.

Gtr nismo 100k corvette 50k camero 30k
Are you even trying

So they loose? Good to know

>ass devastated gm fangril

Ty senpai for no assblasting

Maybe. Never been tested, definitely slow, that's for sure. But my logic isn't so much that they'd be better with a manual, is that they wouldn't drive at all. In fact, I'd put money down in a bet that if in 5 years time, if standard transmissions made a massive com back and enveloped the majority of the market, there'd be at least a 30% drop in drivers on the road.

Driving an automatic let's people either get lazy behind the wheel lowering their situational awareness, or let's them have their focus on their phone. If something is effortless that anyone can do and in a modern age is necessary, everyone who can, will.

But make standard transmissions standard again, people would have to either adapt or abandon to the new way of transportation, and with how lazy people have become in this age of "instant gratification" at least 30% of people would just give up.

And while yes, I did pull 30% out of my ass as an arbitrary figure, my main point is that there'd be a HUGE decline in new and older drivers. The newer ones wouldn't want to learn, and the older ones wouldn't handle the clutch well with arthritis. The only people left on the road would be people aged between 20-45.

With that in mind, insurance rates would increase due to fewer drivers on the road for all age brackets, further decreasing the total amount of drivers -or- increasing the amount of drivers without insurance to the point that it makes the news.

People have their own preferences. Does it really matter?

manual is fun

bait

Does it have a clutch pedal?
No? Then it's not a manual.
DCTs are automatic transmissions. You are allowed to drive them if you only have a license for automatic cars.

The Atom 3.5r has a sequential manual transmission.

Manual is more fun, thats about it.
I bought a new car a while ago and it's an auto. I was put off at first but after actually owning one I like it. I'd still pick a manual over an auto any day though.