The next Z car

So have there been any rumors/announcements about the successor to the 370z? Its getting a little old and with the FT86 providing some competition in the same segment, I'm cautiously optimistic that Nissan will deliver. What do you guys want to see in the next Z car?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/features/1992-10best-cars-1992-nissan-300zx-turbo-page-9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not a SUV.

Rumors aplenty. Rumors it'll be a crossover, rumors it'll be a toyobru competitor, rumors that it will be a 4 cylinder, which would be sacrilege, Z cars are six cylinders period. Rumors it's dead. I'm holding out hope that they'll put the new vr30ddtt in it from infiniti, the Twin turbo 400hp v6. That way it will actually compete with the mustangs and camaros people love to compare them with for some reason.

Nissan is dead user

>yfw Hyundai makes better cars than Nissan now

>What do you guys want to see in the next Z car
I want the new infinity engine, I want it to be an even lighter coupe, I want a good looking modern car without the 00's bubble butt fad, and I want it to stay between the 30-40k range.

>implying genesis coupe > 370z
>implying whatever fucking supercar hyundei has is > gtr
'no'

This is the bare minimum
400hp V6 sounds good to me, if they can pull off what Mazda did with the ND and make it lighter than the outgoing model then it would be a pretty entertaining car
Can someone bring back Datsun then
I just want a modern take on the 240/280z styling

Nissan wouldnt use a 4 cyl for one of their sports cars. And I feel like the Nissan Z's are basically the mustang of the jdm world.

Realistically, you will only get two of those, maybe three if we're lucky. Which would you prefer?

>What do you guys want to see in the next Z car
Lightweight 2.0l turbo i6.

>VK50VE (390hp v8)
>6 speed manual
>2 seats
>3200lbs
>97' wheelbase
>$35k starting
>this will never happen
>no one will even want this

Obviously nobody wants a 97 foot wheelbase

Vr30ddtt>Vk50ve
But otherwise I like it

>$35k starting
I'd like to know of which ass you pulled that price from.

Are you mad that he made up his opinion on the ideal Z car? In a thread that is asking for exactly that?

why are you so mad?

a base mustang GT is $32k, $35k for that is reasonable

Honestly I could deal with it being the same weight or a tiny bit heavier if the engine can deal with it, which the vr30ddtt probably can

>I'm holding out hope that they'll put the new vr30ddtt in it from infiniti, the Twin turbo 400hp v6.
This

All they have to do is update the styling in the current Z34 and put that engine in it, and call it the 300zx

It's such a simple thing but they won't do it because muh GTR sales

>call it 300zx
booooooooooooooo

3.9l v6 390z

>because muh GTR sales
They don't think of it that way. They've said that Nissan only has room for 2 sports cars, the Z and the GTR. The only reason they haven't updated the Z is because theyre currently run by bean counters with brain problems who wants to get the most sales (make it a crossover) but gets severely upset when others gets upset at their ideas (canceling the IDx).
So basically everything is stuck in lumbo until they get their heads out of their ass.

They definitely think that way

Why buy a TT AWD V6 for $100K+ when you can buy a TT RWD V6 for less than half?

because its not as good?

The GT-R is already the king of performance per dollar. If they could get GT-R performance out of a car that costs 30k, the GT-R would be faster than it is now

Why buy an EcoBoost V6 Ford GT when you can get a V8 Crown Vic

It'll be the 400Z. It'll be a variant of the VQ40DE as a High Revolution version with Nissans' VVEL (Variable Valve Event and Lift) - called the VQ40VHR. Should be around 360hp @ 6500rpm and 390 lb/ft of torque @ 4500rpm.

Expect a 7-speed manual and 8-speed automatic.

this, but naturally aspirated still, and hopefully making over 350hp and weighing a lot less...

Let's look at it in a similar comparison

The 1992 300ZX was priced at $36,809-37,845 or $62735 - $64501 in 2015.
caranddriver.com/features/1992-10best-cars-1992-nissan-300zx-turbo-page-9

So I was off in saying that it would be less than half.

The 1992 GTR cost somewhere around ¥4,450,000 when new ($37,000-$44,000 depending on exchange rates) so $63061 - $74991 in 2015 and we never got those for it to compete with the Z in the states.

Nissan would have to be mentally insane to ask near $60K for a turbo Z when the GTR is that close in price. It wouldn't sell to enthusiasts because too expensive and it wouldn't sell to dumb richfags because the GTR is right there.

>$60k is close to $110k

To people in the market for brand new GTRs, yes. It's a close enough gap.

Congrats, you're a retard!

Youre not taking into accout that the r35 gtr is on the way out. 2018 or 2020 is supposed to have a hybrid r36 putting out 700+ hp. That shits going to cost a good bit more than the current nismo gtr. So suddenly 60k for a rwd z with 400hp seems actually quite reasonable.

Unless they turn the z into the gripz crossover bullshit, in which case nissan really is lost and they can burn in hell

On what planet does the 86 compete with the 370z

On stancefag planet, where everyone is retarded

If the new z looked even remotely like some of the mockups i would get it

You wouldn't even be able to afford it like a majority of Veeky Forums.

that behind makes me throw up fuck no

agreed

This picture makes me realize that the new Z will probably share a lot of design language elements from Nissan's crossovers/sedans. Unless they want to use it as a sort of flagship for a shift in design, there isn't much hope of it looking good.

This, Nissan has not made a cool car since the R35 came out and a good looking car since who the fuck knows. If it happens it will be ugly 100%. Hot take I know

I just want it to be the 300zx 2: Electric Boogaloo. Make it lighter, slightly larger motor, and slightly updated body style.